Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Visit to Kyoto:Kenji's understanding ❯ Kenshin's plan ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A visit to Kyoto: Kenji's understanding

Chapter 5: Kenshin's plan


"Kenji's gone!?" screeched Kaoru, "Where could he have gone at this time of day? He shouldn't be wandering around Kyoto
in the middleof the night all alone. Oh Kenshin, what should we do?" she leaned on her husband's shoulder, tears pouring down her face.

Kenshin pulled her close to him and wrapped his arms tightly around her.

"Kaoru I promise to find our son and bring him back safely to you, that I will." said Kenshin, his voice beggining to crack with emotion.

Kaoru looked up into her husband's violet eyes, the concern clear in her blue ones.

"And I promise to come back safe to you, that I do." said Kenshin, seeming to know exactly what Kaoru was thinking.

Kenshin lifted Kaoru's chin up to his face and he kissed all the tears away from her face.

"Come. We must awaken everyone and tell them what has happened. Perhaps they will have an idea of what to do." Kenshin said with a worried expression.
"I believe that Kenji might have had a plan to leave all along. I am sure that he is trying to discover the details of my past that I have not yet told to him. And I know exactly where he would go first. To Hiko's."
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````

Once everyone at the Aoiya was up and stirring, Kenshin explained why he has woken them all up at the crack of dawn.

"Himura, why did you wake us all up at 5 AM in the morning." asked Misao sleeplily.

"Yes Himura what is going on?" asked Aoshi confusedly, "Is something the matter?"

Kenshin sighed heavily. He had to tell them what had happened.

"Kenji's gone everyone. I had a dream and went to check on him, and he was gone." said Kenshin, tears clouding his eyes.

"What!?" screamed Misao, "Kenji's gone?"

"Yes, I plan to go after him. I want to ask you to stay here and watch for him." said Kenshin, a determined look on his face.

"I don't think that's a very good idea Battousai." said Hajime Saitoh, walking in the door.

"I don't think its avery good idea for you to be leaving the Aoiya." Saitoh said, continuing his speech.

Everyone stared at the Wolf of Mibu. Kenshin glared.

"And why's that Saitoh?" he asked, violet eyes narrowing.

"If your son comes back here, you need to be here to answer his questions. Only you can answer them. And also, if he comes back, you need to keep him here." Saitoh said, starting to hesitate a little.

"What is it Saitoh?" asked Kenshin, a serious look on his face.

"Well, its just that we've heard reports that Enishi Yukishiro is on the loose in Kyoto." Saitoh said quietly.

"What?!" screeched Kaoru.

"Saitoh, are you sure?" asked Kenshin.

"Yes Battousai, I'm sure" said Saitoh.

For once Kenshin actually agreed with Saitoh's opinion.

"You're right Saitoh, I should stay here." grunted Kenshin, not wanting to agree.

"Good. Because I need to discuss some things with your son." said Saitoh, stressing the word 'discuss'.

"Saitoh, you had better not harm my son!!!!" yelled Kenshin,his eyes flashing.

"Calm down Battousai. If he is looking to discover your past, then I believe I can help him, that's all I'm saying. I have no intention of trying to hurt him. All
I'm trying to do is help." Saitoh said, lighting a cigarrette

"I just want to go with you." Kenshin argued.

"No. You stay here. Its for the best." Saitoh said finally, leaving no room for argument.

"Alright, if you think so. I appreciate the help Saitoh." said Kenshin, calming down.

"Don't think this means I like you Battousai." said Saitoh, turning to go. "Oh and Battousai, keep a watch out for Enishi. I'm sure that this place wil be his first target."

And with that, Saitoh walked nonchalantly out the door.

"That man is a demon." growled Misao.

"Yes," agreed Kenshin, "But he's a demon who's trying to help."

Kenshin then felt a very familiar touch on his shoulder.

"What is it Kaoru, sweetie?' he asked, taking her hand in his own.

"Well its just that I don't know if Saitoh can be trusted." she said, her voice shaking.

Kenshin held her close to him.

"I really think that he is trying to help, or he wouldn't have come here. Besides, I'm going to send Sano and Yahiko after him incase he gets to rough." said Kenshin, trying to reassre his wife.

"Ya," said Sano, "I've got some things I'd like tjo discuss with Kenji." said Sano, cracking his knuckles.

"Me to!!!" yelled Yahiko.

"We'd better go Yahiko, or we'll lose Saitoh." said Sano, turning to walk out the door.

"Right." said Yahiko.

Kenshin turned to Sano.

"Please take care of Kenji Sano, protect him." Kenshin's face was gray from worry.

"Don't worry Kenshin buddy, he'll be fine. He's got me remember?" said Sano, grinning.

And with that, the two of them walked out the door, arguing as per usual.

"Do you think the two of them will be alright?" questioned Okina.

"As long as they don't kill each other." said Kaoru.

While the others were discussing what to do, Aoshi quietly slipped out the back entrance. He to had something he needed to discuss with Kenji. Kenshin had helped him out when he had needed it the most. And now he was going to repay that
by doing all he could to help find Kenji.