Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Visit to Kyoto:Kenji's understanding ❯ The Wolf and the son of Battousai ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A visit to Kyoto: Kenji's understanding

An original fic by Kchan88

Chapter7: The wolf of Mibu and the son of Battousai.


Saitoh and Kenji walked down the long path from Hiko's mountain in total silence. Saitoh was of course, smoking a cigarette,
while Kenji was dreading what Saitoh had to say to him. He absolutley could not stand the man. He was arrogant, rude, and sarcastic. He always thought that
he was the best and the he knew everything. And, though Kenji hated to admit it, Saitoh also scared a little bit. The man was quite intimidating. Saitoh then dropped his cigarette on the ground, crushing it with his heel.
He looked over at Kenji and smirked.


"So kid, you decided to run off without telling anybody where you were going, in the middle of the most dangerous city in Japan? Not a very smart idea." said Saitoh, his amber eyes glinting in the sunlight.

Kenji gave him a nefarious look.

"Who asked you to get involved?" Kenji said, a bite of anger in his voice.

"No one, but after I suggested it, your father seemed to think it was a good idea. Although I'm quite sure he probably sent that roosterhead and the brat to keep
watch on me." said Saitoh, looking around, as if he expected Sano and Yahiko to come tumbling out of a tree.

Kenji stared at Saitoh.

"Why would my father agree to let you try and help me?" asked Kenji, dumbstruck. Saitoh and Kenshin never got along. Never.

"Well just because your father and I despise each other, it dosen't mean that we don't respect each other. He knows that I can help explain about his past as
Battousai, and he knows I won't harm you." said Saitoh matter of factly.

"You won't harm me huh? Why should I believe you?" asked Kenji angrily.

Saitoh smirked.

"You should believe me because first of all I don't tell lies, second of all your father would kill me and I don't fell like dealing with him right now, and thirdly, you just aren't worth my time."

Kenji gave Saitoh a a look of pure loathing.

"Not worth you time huh? We'll see about that!" said Kenji as he ran at Saitoh, bokken in hand.

Saitoh simply dodged Kenji's attack and snickered.

"Look kid, you can't just try and attack me out of pure anger. You have to think about it first. Its amazing how much like your father you really are."

Kenji growled and hit Saitoh over the head with his bokken.

"Ow, Dammit!!" yelled Saitoh.

Kenji laughed.

"Ya I'm like my father, and proud of it to. But if you really have something important to say, I guess I'll listen."

Saitoh rubbed his head and gave Kenji a look of loathing.

"Fine. If You're ready to listen, then come with me."
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ```````````````````````````````````

A little while later, Kenji found himself being seated at Saitoh's table with Tokio serving him a cup of tea. Saitoh was staring at Kenji from across the table, calmly sipping his
cup of tea. Kenji wondered fleetingly why such a nice woman like Tokio had married a man like Saitoh. Saitoh pulled out his cigarettes and began to light one, when suddenly Tojio hand swooped down and grabbed it from his hand
and threw it out the door. Saitoh sat there, dumbstruck.

"Tokio, Why did you take my cigarettes away?" whined Saitoh.

Tokio eyed him beadily.

"Because they're bad for your health, and you shouldn't be smoking around Kenji, Mr. Himura wouldn't like it."

"Do you think I care what the Battousai wants?" grolwed Saitoh.

Tokio bonked Saitoh on the head, her eyes narrowing dangerously.

"You may not, but I do. Kenshin is a good man, and Kaoru is good friend of mine. The Himuras are good people and good friends,
I won't have you smoking around their child. Kenji dosen't want smoke in her face." said Tokio, matter of factly.

"Yes Dear." said Saitoh, cowering.

She then turned to Kenji and poured him another cup of tea and offered him a rice ball, smilimg all the while.

Kenji snickered and thought to himself:

'Boy, I can't wait to tell Dad how whipped Saitoh is, he'll do anything Tokio tells him to.'

As soon as Tokio left the room, Saitoh turned to Kenji.

"Well, I believe that I'll say what I have to say. Listen closely"

Kenji leaned in closer. he may not like Saitoh, but he knew what he had to say was important.