Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ A Visit to Kyoto:Kenji's understanding ❯ The breaking news ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Visit to Kyoto: Kenji's Understanding

Chapter 8: The breaking news


Kenshin, Kaoru, and the others at the Aoiya were sitting in the kitchen worrying about Kenji, and wondering where he was, when there came a sudden knock at the door.

"Himura!!! Himura!!! Hurry and open the door!!" Yelled the voice.

Kenshin was stunned. He knew that voice. It the was the voice of General Yamagata, but what would he be doing at the Aoiya, had something happened?

Misao ran to open the door, and Yamagata ran in, looking more flustered than Kenshin had ever seen him.


"Himura, thank god I've found you. There is something very important that I must tell you, please sit down."

"Sir Yamagata, what is the trouble? I've never seen you look so worried." said Kenshin, sitting down.

As Yamagata sat down, he rubbed his temples, as though he had a very painful headache.

"After you hear my news Himura, you will understand why I'm so flustered. It appears that Enishi Yukishiro has returned to Kyoto. He has sent bomb threats to all of the major governments facilities. You know what a madman he is, who knows how many people he could harm, possibly even kill. Himura, you must help us." said Yamagata, looking up at Kenshin with an extremely worried look on his face.

Kenshin sat in silence for a moment before he spoke, and when he spoke, only one word came out of his mouth:

"Kenji..."

Yamagata looked up at Kenshin, confused.

"What's the matter Himura? Has Kenji gone missing?"

"Yes, he left early this morning, But Saitoh said he was going to find him, and that Sano and Yahiko or Aoshi would bring him back. He told me that I should stay here and wait for him. But Enishi will do anything to get at me,and if he sees Kenji, I'm afraid that he will try to attack him. I cannot allow that to happen, that I cannot." said Kenshin, trying to hold back the worry that was in his voice. he didn't want to worry Kaoru more than she had already been worried.

Yamagata sat and thought for a moment, staring wide eyed at Kenshin.

"Kenji is out in Kyoto now? This isn't good. You must stay here Himura, and wait for him to come back. I'll make sure to find him." Yamagata said, trying to maintain as much confidence as possible.

Kenshin nodded, tears forming in his eyes. Kenji had to be alright, he just had to be.

"Keep your sword ready Himura. If Enishi comes by here, you need to be ready. And so does everybody else." said Yamgata, looking around at everybody. "Enishi is a very dangerous man, and he is after Himura and all his loved ones. You had best be careful. I'll be back in a little while Himura." said Yamagata, clapping Kenshin on the shoulder as he left.

Then suddenly he turned back around, a question in his eyes.

"Is Kenji still with Saitoh?" he asked.

Kenshin shook his head.

"No. I'm pretty sure that he is with Yahiko and Sano right now that I am." said Kenshin.

"Oh no, this is going to be harder than I thought if he's with the chickenhead." said Yamagata, walking out the door.

As Yamagata left, Kenshin turned to everybody in the Aoiya.

"Ensihi is a very dangerous man, and this is a fight that I must see through. I think it would be best if I left to look for him." he said very seriously.

Suddenly a shoe came flying through the air and hit Kenshin in the head an he went spiraly eyed.

"Oroooooooo!!!!"

He turned to see a very angry Kaoru standing before him.

"Kenshin you jerk!!! You heard what Yamagata said, you stay here and wait for Kenji to come home. And if you leave, Enishi might come while you're not here. Besides, I won't let you leave." said Kaoru as she kissed the bump on Kenshin's head where the shoe had hit him.

Kenshin looked up at Kaoru, slightly dazed, with a loving but serious look on his face.

"You're right Kaoru, honey, I don't what I was thinking. Oro. I don't know what's the matter with me, that I don't." he said as he hugged Kaoru. "I'm just worried about Kenji, but I shouldn't have made you worry like that.'

Kaoru smiled shakily.

"Well, just don't make me worry again. Kenji is strong Kenshin. I'm worried, but I'm confident that he will be okay, he has to be." said Kaoru, a tear falling down her face.

Kenshin gently wiped it away, and Kaoru laughed gently.

"Well I'm going to change and get my bokken. Ensihi better not mess with me. He should know better than to go after my husband, my son , my friends or me!!" said Kaoru.

"That goes for me to!!" Yelled Misao. "You've got the whole Oniwaban group behind you, Himura." Misao flashed one of her trademark smiles at Kenshin.

Kenshin laughed and shook his red head as Misao and Kaoru ran to change. But he still couldn't believe that Enishi was in Kyoto. He had to collect himself and face what was to come. And if Kenji didn't come back soon he was going to go and find him. Ensihi was a dangerous part of his past. And Kenshin dind't want that past to hurt Kenji or anyone else. Kenshin sighed. He was so grateful that he had the support of his family and friends, or he wouldn't know what to do. Would his past ever leave him alone?