Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

"I'm not feeling very good Kenshin, I'm going to go to my room ok?" I said as I started walking, half running to my room.

I closed the door to my room and laid on my futon, and cried myself to sleep.

Chapter Three

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up, and it was dark, surprised that I had slept so long, I sat up. There was Kenshin, sitting on the floor directly across from my futon.

"Kenshin!! What are you doing in my room?!?!?" I yelled at him.

Kenshin was holding me in a second. "Kaoru-dono, don't be upset with me, I was concerned for you, I was."

"co…co...concerned?" I sputtered. I was in shock to say the least, but ahhhhh this was nice. It's been a long time since Kenshin has held me in his arms, or hugged me. I closed my eyes and sighed, contentedly.

"Kaoru…you didn't come out of your room for lunch, and ever since then I've been in here worrying over you. I sent Yahiko to Sano's place until you were feeling better." Kenshin said.

"oh…" I said. My heart started beating faster, he called me Kaoru again. That's twice in one day, and now he's holding me in his arms…J

"Kaoru-dono, are you still worried about what Megumi-dono said earlier? Is that what's made you so upset?" Kenshin asked.

"Umm…no, Kenshin, I'm just…I'm just…" I stopped. I'm just what? I'm just madly in love with you, but you think I'm too young to marry you! L Plus we're back to Kaoru-dono again!! L

"Just what Kaoru-dono?" Kenshin prodded.

"Oh, it's nothing for you to be worried about Kenshin." I said hurriedly. I can't tell him that.

"grrrrrrr" My face flamed as Kenshin looked down at my stomach. Noisy thing!!! Why did you have to intrude? I sure am hungry though…

"Oh, Kaoru-dono you must be starving, come, Sessha make you something to eat" Kenshin said getting up, and putting his hand out to help me up as well.

Immediately I missed the warmth of his arms. I shivered, and put my hand in Kenshin's as he hoisted me up. This is going to be a long evening…what a bad day I'm having!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner was, to say the least, uneventful. I tried to stay cheerful and I talked to Kenshin about nothing at all. It was rather nice though, to have dinner together, just the two of us. I almost felt like we were married…almost. If only he would call me koishii…instead of Kaoru-dono…

"Ok, Kenshin, I'm going to go to sleep now…" I said getting up from my chair.

Kenshin looked up at me, surprised at my abruptness I guess.

"Would you like me to walk you to your room Kaoru-dono?" he asked.

"No, it's ok Kenshin…" I replied.

He frowned.

"Ok, goodnight Kaoru." He said quietly.

He called me Kaoru…impulsively, I leaned down and squeezed him, cheek to cheek.

"Good night Kenshin!! Arigato for taking care of me, and staying here with me, and being my family" I said as I squeezed.

Kenshin squeezed back, but didn't say anything.

I left and went to my room. When I got in there, I sighed, what a long, bad day this has been…it seems like nothings been going my way.

That's when my day really took a turn for the worst…it went from bad, to horrible, in about 3 seconds flat. I heard it…thunder. I shivered. I HATE HATE HATE thunder storms…and I'm deathly afraid of them. This was going to be a long, sleepless night…I just knew it.