Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Always There For Me ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Always There For Me - A RK K&K Romance Fic

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin is the creation of Nobuhiro Watsuki, with the manga and anime rights belonging to Jump Comics and Sony Entertainment, respectively. I do not own and did not create the series or its characters...I'm just a fan, and I have no money anyways, so NO SUING ME!! :D

I lifted my head up immediately, questioningly…why was he lying down with me? I was just being a silly little sacredly cat…

I opened my mouth to protest, but he silenced me by putting his finger on my mouth. "Shhhhhh…koishii, shessa will protect you…sleep." He whispered to me.

I smiled at him, and laid my head on his arm, sleep taking over me, almost immediately. Maybe this day wasn't so bad after all…he called me koishii…zzzzzzzz.

_______________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________

Chapter Five

I woke up to the sound of birds singing cheerfully. I slowly opened my eyes to their beautifully lilting song and was blessed with the view of the most beautiful face in the world (at least to me that is.) Kenshin was still sleeping, and smiling in his sleep no less…Oh, anata, I hope you are having a beautiful dream…I grinned. What a wonderful day today was going to be!! Slowly and quietly as not to disturb my dearest, I got up from bed and dressed myself and headed into the kitchen to make a feast of a breakfast for everyone.

It was still so early that no one else had woken up yet. I wasn't even sure if Sano had stayed here last night or not, however, I wanted to have the best breakfast ever made for my sweet Kenshin as soon as he woke up. Immediately, I got started. I began steaming the rice and I started on a nice morning soup, chopping vegetables happily, I didn't even mess up once or cut my finger, I noticed, and not only that, I didn't burn anything!! Wow!! What an awesome cook I can be when I know that I am loved by Kenshin! I grinned a goofy grin at the singing birds in the sakura tree in my yard. They chirped back at me merrily. I started to hum along with them as I continued on my work in the kitchen.

I was almost finished with my grand feast when Kenshin walked into the kitchen. I turned and smiled at him. He grinned back. He walked to where I was standing by the stove and gave me a hug. I snuggled into his embrace. He kissed my forehead "Ohayou Kaoru-koishii" he whispered into my ear…his breath tickling my ear. I sighed of utter and complete contentment. As Kenshin pulled away from our embrace, I felt myself get rather cold…I shivered...why was I so cold? There was no chill in the warm kitchen, not will all that I was cooking. Longing for his warmth again, I reached for him, but he was gone. Startled, I pulled back my arm…

And sat up in bed. NANI?!?!? I thought…that was all just a dream?!?!? I wasn't making a delicious breakfast? I didn't wake to Kenshin by my side? I glanced to my left, Kenshin was not in the bed…there was no trace of him, except that I was sleeping on the right side, as if someone had been sleeping with me…NANI?!?!? Was Kenshin just a dream last night that I had out of fright from the thunderstorm?!?!?! It couldn't have been!! Or could it? Questioning myself and getting more and more depressed by the minute, I quickly got out of bed and got dressed to find Kenshin and get my answers.

I found him in the Kitchen making miso soup and rice balls for breakfast. He was quiet as ever of course. Neither Yahiko nor Sano were anywhere in sight…I was puzzled…

"Kenshin?" I questioned to his back.

Kenshin turned and gave me his best rurouni grin…"Ohayou Kaoru-dono, did you sleep well?" he asked.

NANI?!? He asked me if I slept well? He doesn't know how I slept? He called me Kaoru-dono?!? Was all of yesterday just a long dream of mine? Could I really have been making progress with this man or was it all my imagination?

Kenshin must have seen my expressions of madness on my face because he looked rather concered for a moment. He grabbed my hands and guided me into one of the pillows around the table. Kneeling in front of me he questioned:

"Kaoru-dono, diajoubu?"

I was so upset. There is no WAY that could have all been a dream…I looked a Kenshin questioningly, my eyes begging him to tell me it wasn't all a dream. I felt so lost. Was I in fact loosing my mind?

Kenshin opened his mouth to say something, but instead all I heard was the shrill voice of Yahiko…"KENSHIN!!! BUSU!!! Where are you guys?!?!?"

Startled, Kenshin and I both stood up, waiting for Yahiko to come into the kitchen to find us. Seconds later Yahiko walked in. Seeing the strange expressions on our face he said "Kaoru? Kenshin? Daijoubu?"

"Daijoubu." we answered in unison. Then we looked at each other…my eyes begging, his eyes comforting.

"So are you hungry Yahiko? I was almost finished making miso soup and rice balls for breakfast." Kenshin said with forced cheerfulness.

"Yeah!!" Yahiko exclaimed. His mouth was probably watering over the thoughts of food already, I mused to myself. I suppose today is going to be another one of those long days…I sure hope I'm not going crazy…all these dreams…or are they?

"Kaoru-dono? Aren't you going to eat?" Kenshin's voice snapped me out of my never ending reverie.

"Hai!" I exclaimed and dug into my miso soup.

The day progressed as such, I didn't get the opportunity to speak with Kenshin again, well, at least not alone…he did his usual chores of laundry and getting tofu in town for dinner, he also as a treat went fishing and brought us home some salmon for dinner. I did my usual training Yahiko and then cleaning the house and the dojo.

I said my good nights to Yahiko, Sano and Kenshin and went to my room to retire for the night, more depressed than I have ever been in my entire life…

I changed into my nightclothes, said a prayer, and settled into onto my futon to sleep away my worries, or so I had hoped and prayed for…"Oh Kenshin…" I sighed to myself…"what happened yesterday?"

Hours must have passed, or maybe only one or two did, before I was awakened by the softest of touches on my cheek…I stirred, still half asleep.

"Kaoru-koishii…" I heard whispered to me in the cool night air…it sounded as if the wind was whispering to me in Kenshin's wonderful voice…

"mmmm…Kenshin…" I woke to the sound of my own voice. I opened my eyes, embarrassed of myself for moaning over Kenshin in my sleep. I could feel my face heating…

"Kenshin?!?!?" I said louder this time, looking right at him. I am positively mortified…not only did I moan for him in my half sleep, he was right here in my bedroom!! Of all the embarrassing things!