Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Aurora ❯ Prolugue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin or the story of Mulan.
A/N: I know that I should be working on my other stories but this one has been bugging me and I figured that I should at least write it down. I got this idea from watching "Mulan" the other day. Hope you like it. Enjoy. Read and review. Comments appreciated. Flames are not tolerated.
Prologue
*A Dream*
"Daddy?" a young girl cried. Her black hair was flying as she ran into the dojo, trying to locate her father. She had just come back for a visit when she saw the place was up in smoke and on fire.
"Daddy?" she called, expecting an answer, her sword draw at her side, instincts kicking in.
She continued running through the house, barely glancing at the bodies of the dead that were all over the place.
She made it to the back, and gasped at what she saw.
Her father was on the ground, a gaping hole in his chest.
"Daddy!" she cried, yet again, dropping her sword and rushing to her father's side.
"K...Kaoru..." he stuttered, gasping for air.
"You'll be fine," she sobbed, cradling her father's head in her arms, "you will not leave me, too!"
"I knew it was you," he said, "the one that everyone was talking about. I am so proud of you."
"That doesn't matter," the girl cried, tears falling down her cheeks, "you'll be ok."
"My angel is here," her father whispered, "save me like you did the others."
Saying those last words, he died.
"Daddy?" the girl shook his body, desperately trying to wake him up. After a few minutes of trying, she knew that nothing could be done.
"NO!" she screamed into the night.
*End Dream*
It was the dead of the night when young Kaoru Kamiy awoke up from that dream. She glanced around, gazing into the emptiness of the room.
Sighing, she got up and put on her robe. After picking up her futon, she walked outside, looking up at the stars.
"It seems that I have been having this dream a lot," she thought as she sat outside, under the overhang of the dojo.
She wonders about her past...and her present.
The thing is, Kaoru fought alongside Kenshin Himura during the Revolution that plagued Japan. While Kenshin was called "Battousai the Man Slayer," she was called, "Aurora," saving people instead of killing them.
That was the purpose of the Kamiya-Kaashin (is that how you spell it?) style of fighting. Kaoru only fought in the Revolution in order to protect the people, helping them fight for themselves.
Kenshin does not remember her. He still sees her as a young girl, not the graceful fighter that she really is. What he doesn't know is the she rivals him in skills, his Hiten-Mitsurugi () to her Kamiya-Kaashin.
Kaoru sighed again, wondering about her "boarders." There was Yahiko Myoujin (?), a young boy who is the descendant of a samurai.
"He is just an idiot," Kaoru thought, thinking back to Yahiko's antics and him not listening to her, "If he only knew."
There was also Sanosuke Sagara, who was also known as Zanza, a bounty hunter. He use to use a weapon called a Xanbatou, a long and heavy sword used to take down a rider and his horse in one sweep.
Kenshin now uses a reverse-blade sword. It helps him keep peace here in Tokyo.
Kaoru had her sword hidden away. It turns out that there were actually three reverse-blade swords, two belong to Kenshin (one he broke) and the other Kaoru has hidden in the dojo.
A few other people were around as well. Dr.Megumi Takani, Misao, Dr. Gensai, Ayame, Suzumi, Aoshi Shinamouri, and many others. Seems that there is no way to be "bored" here in Tokyo.
Kaoru looked up as she heard a horse in the distance. Walking to the gate, she noticed a soldier stopping in front of her.
"I have a letter for you," he announced. He handed her the white envelope.
"Thank you," she replied. He rode away.
She turned the envelope and froze, realizing who it was from.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~< /font>
A/N: How do you like that? What was in that letter? Stay tuned for more. Thanks. I also need suggestions on a name for her. "Aurora" was all that I could think of.
Thanks.