Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Aurora ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Rurouni Kenshin or the story of Mulan.
A/N: To my reviewers that have been telling me of Kaoru being young during the revoultion, I do know that. This is why this story is different. It is a "what if" story and is being told differently. The timeline is very different here. That's why it's an alternate universe story. Please understand that. Other than that, thanks for the reviews. Also, I know that these characters may seem a little off but that's the way that I am writing it.
Here is the new chapter.
Note: all italics are thoughts or letters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“K…..Kenshin!” I gasped turning and glaring at Yamagata.
“I invited him here as well, remember?” Yamagata asked, “I also felt that he should know the real “Kaoru,” not the one you led him to believe.”
I turned and walked out of his office, out of the station.
I kept on walking until I made it to a river.
Kenshin appeared before me.
“Explain, Kaoru!” he commanded.
“Why?” I asked, “Does it matter to you?”
“I told you who I was,” he shot back, eyes narrowing, “now tell me why you kept this a secret.”
“Remember that night we were together, Kenshin?” I asked, fuming, “and the next day, I woke up to find you gone and a note instead.”
*Flashback*
Amazing things were on Kaoru's mind when she slept that night. Of course, they were all about Battoussai the Manslayer.
The previous night, the two allies met for a night of exhilarating displays of passion…towards each other. It was after the fact that the Battoussai found out that Aurora was really a girl. Kaoru never felt anything like the way she felt for him.
Kaoru woke up and stretched, noticing her clothes laid out all over the floor. She glanced around the room, looking for her lover.
Her eyes widened as she realized that he was not there. Quickly, she got up and dressed, hoping that he was just sitting outside or something.
She ran outside, sword in hand, hoping to find the man she now loved. Love. She never felt love except from her father.
Running around the little house on the prairie (a/n: lol!) she looked in vain since her lover was no longer there.
She went back inside the house, disappointment marring her beautiful features. It was then that she noticed the piece of paper that was scribbled on, as if in a hurry.
Hurry to get away from me the young samurai thought. She picked up the note and scanned it quickly.
My dearest Aurora,
I am sorry to leave you after spending a wonderful
night in your arms. But it hurts me to say that you
were only a conquest for me. I was hurt over another girl
and decided to take what I can get.
I know you may hate me but I am not the one
for you. Please understand that you will find
someone better someday.
Forget me. It's for the best.
Battoussai
“He didn't even sign it!” she growled.
She gathered all her things and headed down the path to Kyoto.
“I will find him,” she promised, “and I will make him pay. Was I just a one-night stand to you?”
She tucked the note in her sheathe. It will remain a constant reminder of the fatal blow she received from Battoussai. Never again will she let her heart come before her duty.
The Battoussai took more than her virginity that day. He took her heart, soul, and her spirit. Never again will she be truly happy.
*End Flashback*
Kenshin had a confused look on his face.
He forgot! I growled.
“How could you forget that day?” I cried out, “The day that you took the only part of me that was worth taking?”
He looked thoughtful for a moment. His eyes widened in surprise.
"That was you?" he asked.
I turned away from him.
"When you decide to remember, let me know," I told him.
I started walking away.
"Know this," I promised, "You cannot prevent me from going to fight. I do what I want. No one tells me what to do."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: How do you like it? The next few chapters will feature flashbacks of Kaoru's past. This is where the "Mulan" sotry will come to play. Here's a little preview:
"How can you let them talk to you like this, father?" Kaoru asked.
"I have to fight," he said, "to protect my country. To protect you."
"There are plently of other people out there who can fight," she argued, "Let them handle that."
"It is an honor to fight for the well being of the people," he continued, "learn that you must stay here. You cannot fight."
"But..." she started.
"No!" he interrupted, "you will learn your place. Disscussion is over."
He walked out of the room, leaving Kaoru behind in his wake.
Kaoru stood there, silently, as tears rolled down her cheeks.
"We'll see about that," she promised, grabbing the sword.
More soon.