Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Black Shadow, Piercing Light ❯ Days of Living Hard ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of Rurouni Kenshin all belongs to Sony, Jump, Watsuki and other folks. I don't own the 2Pac song, "Me and My Girlfriend"

Apologies!!!!!

I'm so sorry for such a late update! Can you please forgive me? I'm so sorry. Anyway, I promise to never update so late again. I will update on a regular basis.

I know it's been awhile. So I encourage you to go back and skim the last few chapters so you can get this chapter. I'm not good at summarizing stuff, but I'll try if you don't feel like going back.

Chap 1- K and K meet. Sano's a guard at the prison, so is Chou. Megumi has some type of connection to Kenshin and Sano

Chap 2- Gohei a mysterious enemy of Kaoru's starts a riot when he sees her, Kenshin goes sorta berserk during the riot, Kaoru stops him.

Chap 3- Kaoru skips school to see Kenshin, she lies to her friend and pseudo-guardian Tae. Kenshin tells her that he's locked up for a triple murder to scare her away. She is unfazed and promises to come back

Chap 4- Kaoru visits Kenshin and calls him on a regular basis, sharing her life with him. Megumi advices Kaoru on Kenshin as she prepares to move out. The two get kinda tight (k/k) and tell secrets. Kenshin tells her about his last time with Tomoe and Kaoru tells of how her father was murdered by way of conspiracy. The two agree that Kenshin will live with Kaoru upon his release indefinitely.

Chap 5- K and K go home together. Kenshin is awkward and depressed about his release, thinking suicidal thoughts. Kaoru helps him open his eyes to the hope of life and his new opportunities. Kenshin has an enlightening rain dance in his birthday suit. Comes back and joins Kaoru in bed.

So that's the summary. Please review, cause I'm really nervous about the structure and content of this chapter. I borrowed some lyrics from the 2 Pac song Me and My Girlfriend. Oh yeah, and this entire story is rated R for: violence, possible drug abuse (don't know yet), adult themes, language. Now on with the show.

Black Shadow, Piercing Light

Chapter Six

Days of Living Hard

Somewhere…

"We are almost ready. Soon we can begin again."

"You speak pre-maturely our second has not yet complied and we are not sure if our first is even ready."

"Consider the second confirmed."

"But how can you--"

"As long as we keep our grip on the weasel, he is ours."

"He will turn against us, his heart will not be with our cause."

"Humph. We do not need his heart, only his strength. As for his probable revolt, the first will take care of that."

"But how can we be sure if our first is ready? And if he is, what makes you think he will comply?"

"Ahou. There is no doubt, his strength remains, we have only to rip it out of him. A caged beast is ever ready to attack. As for his cooperation we will soon test the strength of our trump."

"You're still basing our success on a chance?"

"We cannot loose, we will play this card now or later, but he will fall."

"Very well, we will unleash Jine."

~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^* < p class="MsoNormal c1">Kenshin closed his eyes, and inhaled deeply. He had lain awake for long moments last night, before allowing rest to take his body.

Last night…it was as a dream.

'Kaoru.'

'Who are you? I want to know you.'

She had surprised him with her words beyond all measure. "I won't leave you Kenshin, no matter what you have done." Even after he warned her about himself.

"Kaoru-san listen. There are still a lot of things about me that you do not know… things that make me… a very dangerous person."

She had accepted him, even though she knew who he was. Even allowing him to sleep by her side in his first night at her home.

'I want to know you Kaoru,' Kenshin thought longingly.

Last night, with her invitation his mind had left him and he had simply stood there gaping at her dumbly. Kenshin smiled at the thought, it had been many years since he had fallen victim to his occasionally idiotic nature. It seems that along with freedom, those cursed moments of profound confusion had returned to him as well. Those moments when his thoughts were too mixed and scattered to logically sort; a moment in which the only thing he could utter was: oro. Luckily at that moment, she was obviously still caught in the throngs of sleep, so she probably would not remember his temporary lack of coherence at her request.

Kenshin had considered the suggestion that he should ignore her invitation because she was still half asleep. Temporarily wrestled with the internal warning that sleeping with her would not be proper, that the two of them were getting too close too soon.

He ignored it. He felt so alive last night and it was largely thanks to her powerful words. He did not want to be alone.

Kenshin frowned to himself as he considered the reasoning behind his decision. Selfish. How would she feel about it when she awoke? Maybe she would not care. After all, she had asked him.

Kenshin glanced down at Kaoru's sleeping form. 'She's wonderful…beautiful…a tempting puzzle.'

She was enigmatic and unpredictable. In just two weeks Kaoru had made him feel things he had not felt in years. She exhumed emotions from him that he had long buried.

Stopping him during his fight with Gohei…continuously visiting him in prison, calling him, despite the risks he presented…opening her home and her life to him…lifting his spirits and opening his eyes when he was down…the things she said…the way she touched him… Though she may have been incoherent when she welcomed him to bed, that action had comforted Kenshin immensely. It had been an inconceivable amount of time since Kenshin had lane so close to anyone. The pleasant warmth of her body next to his and the sweet intake of her breath was more than enough to sooth Kenshin's troubled heart to soundless slumber.

How could he ever repay her for all she had done? Her kindness to him was unmerited and he was unsure if there was a way to properly repay her. Her gift to him was above all, a gift of her heart. To this, Kenshin felt he had nothing to give. Surely this girl, so alone in the world was in need of something tangible? He would make it his point to find out. Whatever she needed, whatever she wanted he would try and supply.

But a gift of the heart required a heart in return…did it not? Kenshin frowned, in this area he felt painfully incompetent. He was too twisted, had been for a very long time. Over the years he had tried to find a balance in prison. However, now that he was out, the search would begin anew. He was still on that path, searching for a true way to atone for his past. He needed to find a way to make something of his life. What could he possibly offer her? In life, he had proved himself to be nothing but a curse. Concerning wisdom, he was a master of foolish decisions. In matters of romance he was entirely too…something. That area was a place he dare not allow her to touch.

Kenshin frowned to himself as he idly traced a finger across Kaoru's baby soft cheek. Was that where this was going? Had their embrace a few days before been a prelude to something more?

In the back of his mind, somewhere deep inside him, lay the suggestion, the desire…for Kamiya Kaoru. To posses her…these thoughts were creeping, at the center of his now peaceful heart. Kenshin smiled contently on the outside, oblivious to his possessive thoughts. These feelings were mixing with others long buried, yet at once alive. They were intense and wishing not to deal with them, Kenshin pushed them away, willing sleep to return.

After a while, he discovered it would not. Glancing at the oak-wood clock that hung on the wall, Kenshin resigned himself to wake up. It was a little after 7 a.m. He had awaken at 7 a.m. roll call for a seemingly indefinite amount of time. His bodily routine would not be easily broken.

This day was different. For the variance of this lovely spring morning was laying beside him, bathed in quiet morning sunlight. Her midnight black braid lay tousled about her head on the pillow, messy from sleep.

Tentatively he raised his hands to her face, an impulse to touch her again raising from inside of him despite his earlier banishment of the desire. The gentle up and down motions of her chest proved insufficient, he wanted more. He needed to prove that the dream was real. Afraid to wake her, he settled for the feel of her breath on his skin. Her lips were not parted enough to feel her breath, so he carefully, reverently raised his hands to her delicate nose, his fingers a breath away from her porcelain skin.

~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^* < p class="MsoNormal c1">Kyoto

"Damn! I'm so hot," the young girl said as she wiped her sweaty back with a steaming white towel.

"Then why are you using that hot towel," a cool voice said from behind her. His steel blue eyes softened slightly at the sight of her, at the ever-present mischievous smile on her face.

"Come here," he spoke softly to her back. He waited patiently for a moment, but when she failed to answer, he decided to call her. He needed her to be near him.

All I need in this life of sin, is me and my girlfriend.

Narrowed jade green eyes peaked over one smooth tan shoulder, a wide roguish smile on her lips.

He was sitting in her favorite chair. The chair that he bought for her, it was the color of her eyes. Grinning, she walked towards him, putting a little twist in her hips, simply because he was watching.

He observed her appreciatively. She looked so good in her sports bra and spandex shorts. The little spitfire had worked up a good sweat with him in the gym. He had been training her especially hard lately. He had not told her his reasons, she would surely protest if she knew why he had suddenly become obsessed with making her stronger.

She stopped a foot from him. Leaning her face on one hand, she sighed heavily as she let the other play with the lethal belt of miniature knives that hung loosely around her waist. She was not ashamed to admire him in the least. He was her dream come true. He sat there, trying to maintain a cool disposition. Anyone else would be fooled and even intimidated by his seemingly cold demeanor. But not her, where others would have been afraid or offended at his disposition, she felt awe.

"Let me give you a massage," he said quietly.

Silently Misao pulled her top over her head and tossed it to the side, giggling softly as she noticed a slight tightening of his lips at her actions. Smiling brightly into his calm face she took his hand, and tugged gently. He stood, giving her the seat.

She spread her legs, straddling the chair, as strong hands begin to massage her bare back. Misao closed her eyes, and slowly parted her lips, allowing a small breath to escape her. Relaxing, she pressed her breast deep into the plush green velvet chair, letting her head drop as the fingers gently pressed her slides, so light it tickled.

Staring down at her slick, toned back, he began to idly trace the lines of her tattoo. It was an embarrassed rose. He remembered when she had gotten that tattoo. He started at the middle of her back, where the stem of the rose began, tracing up to petals which reached to the very top of her shoulder.

Her breaths had become shorter, yet she was quiet, nearly silent. He allowed his eyes to drift over her golden brown back, glistening with sweat, before dipping his head to taste a few lone droplets at the nape of her neck.

Misao smiled silently to herself, as her man began to run his fingers through her chin-length cherry blond hair. Kneeling, he wrapped his muscular arms around her waist and pulled her back gently, she complied, sliding of the chair and into his arms. Cuddling her in his arms he tugged gently at her earlobe with his teeth.

All I need in this life of sin, is me and my girlfriend.

"Misao," he whispered into her ear.

The slight inclination of her head told him she was listening. Could he really tell her? Would she accept?

"Would you follow me anywhere?"

Leisurely shrugging her shoulders, Misao twisted in his arms to lie comfortably across his thighs and gazed up at her beloved, idly wondering if life could be more perfect. She loved the feel of his arms around her, his strength never ceased to amaze her. Perhaps she should really consider his question. She was feeling a little high, but in the distance, her brain registered that his question was important.

Would she follow him anywhere? The circumstances of their relationship, the circumstances of her entire life, for that matter were hardly ideal. She was an outcast, a criminal, and a complete menace to society. But that was all right, as long as she had him. His strength, his dreams, his cause was enough for her to rely on for decades to come. Everything about him was enough to keep her going on cloud nine forever.

Misao smiled languorously and nodded her head. "Of course, I would follow you anywhere."

He gazed back her, his lips were tight, his eyes set. What was going on in his head? This is what she admired and hated most about him, the absolute control he tried so hard to maintain. Most of the time he was quite successful. Many thought he was just cold, a heartless man, and a ruthless leader. Misao knew better, she had seen the inside of him and could see him clearly now. She believed she understood him, perhaps even more than he understood himself. She understood that his body was a simple container he used to control the tempest that raged within him. He needed to be strong, so wise a man, lest he explode from the fury of passionate emotions locked inside him. However, sometimes he kept secrets, refusing to share his passions with her. That was not good.

Slowly she slid her hand down her body to toy with one of the sharp miniature knifes she wore in a low belt around her waist. He had given her those knives. Hannya had made it into a belt for her. She always wore it.

I would follow you anywhere. He painfully reflected on her words. How did she always do this to him? Could he really leave her? 'It is for the best,' he reasoned quietly to himself. He was taking his men to a place he never thought he would go, but the man had him by his neck and until he found a way to deliver himself, he would have to leave her behind. He was doing it for her. He was doing it because he loved her.

"Misao." He breathed, his voice a deep rumble. She didn't answer as he began to place, soft kisses low on her belly. "Misao", the time his voice was more urgent, insistent. He needed her, one last time.

"Hai." She replied slowly looking away from him. Something was wrong with him. She could feel it. Returning her gaze to him, she cupped his face with one hand, as she placed the other on his quivering shoulder. "Hai…Aoshi." His lips parted slightly, he looked troubled.

"Aoshi sama?"

He shook his head, looking away. He didn't want her to see the conflict in his eyes. He had always been strong for her.

Though he tried to hide it, Misao had not missed the turmoil in his eyes. "What--"

Shaking his head with uncharacteristic violence Aoshi turned away from her before speaking. "Would you really follow me anywhere, no matter what?"

"Of course!" Misao answered quickly.

Down to ride to the bloody end, just me and my girlfriend.

Aoshi studied her face long and hard, his steel blue eyes boring into her worried emeralds.

'You would follow me anywhere, and you always have, no matter where I have led you. But I cannot lead you here,' Aoshi thought as he slowing took her lips in a deep, consuming kiss.

'Follow me here, just one last time…'

~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^* < p class="MsoNormal c1">Kenshin furrowed his brows, worried as the pace Kaoru's breathing increased, bathing the tips of his fingers in moist heat. Eyes drifting shut, he exhaled deeply enjoying the feel of her warmth on his fingers. Listlessly he let his hand drop to her lips, marveling at their softness, not noticing the distressed crease of her brows at his actions.

Kaoru moaned softly at Kenshin's feather light touch. He withdrew his hands ever so slightly, yet he could not will himself to pull his hands away completely. A tiny utterance, perhaps a name, escaped her. Kenshin could not be sure. He felt a strange pull inside him. A feeling he could not name, distinctfully familiar, yet unexperienced in so many years. It began to creep through his body and heart as another soft sound escaped her.

She twisted ever so slightly towards him, a distinctfully feminine moan tumbling from her throat. She shifted slightly, one delicate hand grabbing hold of his yukata in weak desperation. The movement was almost pitiful in its gentle intensity. A smile? A frown? Something graced her lips and Kenshin was unsure of what to do. Wake her from the throngs of a nightmare? Or was this just his usual paranoia? Perhaps the dream was some delightful consuming fantasy.

~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^* < p class="MsoNormal c3">Kaoru bit down on her lip hard enough to draw blood. She screamed, but she was laughing at the same time. Her face was a strange combination of laughter and tears. Her eyes were oft and pleading. For what? In a closet, she wanted out. At least the she could feel the sunlight. But it was cold in her closet.

Sweet…bad…Taoki…

She lay in a dank place. Everything was damp. She was dry and wet at the same time. It was too bad to be good. How could something so good be so bad?

He was moisture and crumpled sweaty, clothing, gritted teeth and flashing eyes. There was no space in the closet. Not space enough for two bodies.

It was raining inside. Kaoru thought that could not be right; but then she realized that it was not rain at all, it was her tears.

'Taoki'

He grunted her name and Kaoru looked up. Just beyond his head the sun was shining brightly and the roof was black and blue. '

Inside my little closet…'

Grey clouds speed past the old sun. Somehow Kaoru knew that the sun was dying. It cannot live in a closet; not enough space. No, it was not setting. The sun was dying, because little Kaoru-chan had finally given away her precious gold.

~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^* < p class="MsoNormal c1">Colors of pleasure, colors of lust, colors of pain coursed through her body and soul. Clinging to him, she murmured something light and soft, under her breath. Kenshin gazed down at her as her long eyelashes fluttering gracefully against her smooth skin, her clutch on his yukata gradually growing slack. In his eyes, she was changing into something better than wonderful, as bright as the morning sun, as he raptly watched her, caught in the throes of some consuming dream. He was mesmerized.

Kenshin swallowed thickly and turned swiftly onto his back and tightly folded his arms across his chest. What was happening to him? Was it too much to even watch her sleep?

"Kaoru!" Kenshin called out crisply.

The girl awoke with a start, large blue eyes blinking rapidly.

'Where…?'

The last thing she remembered she was in a closet with…with Taoki.

Kaoru swallowed hard. Only a dream, yet so real. Bringing the vivid memory of that day back in full force.

Kaoru had become a master of healthy suppression. 'If suppression can be considered healthy.' Whatever. She needed it to stay alive, to keep smiling. Especially now, now that her reasons for smiling were dead or forsaken or, so far away…

"Kaoru."

Kenshin sat up and looked down at her, his face serious.

Kaoru closed her eyes and silently prayed. The true memory of that day was so fresh in her head, the worst day of her life…the day that should have been the best. The day that she had lost two things most precious to her. One day in room 305…

The rooms of the general hospital were clean, spotless. The wall of room 305 was a dull off white. The polished floors gleamed like glass marbles.

Outside, the sun shone clearly overhead. Thick fluffy white clouds, accented the clear blue sky. It was a lovely spring day.

No one moving, no one talking.

Room 305 was quiet, save for the constant hum of the machines. The drumming "beep" of the machines. The steady intake of a raspy breath, the occasional choking cough. The occasional sniff of a crying girl. Room 305 was clean, but it bore a distinct smell, sweet and thick…

If she got up and opened the window then a fresh breeze would come through. But the woman in the bed was already shivering, though she was warm to the touch.

For the past seven days, the routine had not changed. Sit down, laugh, smile, and speak of lovely things. Ignore the noise. Press through even as tears appear. Break down, choke on the sobs, collapse onto the bed. Suck it in, and try again.

For the past few days, she had always been successful on the second or third time around. Not this time.

This time, she could not pull herself away from reality long enough to gather the necessary will. This time, the noise kept bringing her back.

Try again.

Failure.

Now the pressure was building. A loud racking sob was in her chest now, bursting through her throat and shaking her shoulders violently.

The breathing continued. The smell had not changed. The "beep" remained constant. It was a soundtrack of sorts, allowing knowledge of the inevitable to remain.

"There is nothing we can do. There is nothing you can do."

The doctors were right. Apparently, being there made no difference. Her father had figured that out a long time ago, hence his current absence.

Some holes need to be filled. Bleeding wounds need to be bandaged. She would find a bandage, something…anything. Slowly, she stood up. She did not look back, even as the sound of one practically strangled breath stopped her in her tracks. 'Stop?'

She walked out the door.

She walked, ignoring the shame. People were looking at her. They saw her tear soaked face, her trembling lips. Her heart beat in her chest.

'Will someone stop me and ask me what's the matter? Please don't stop me.'

She walked faster to the pay phone and dialed furiously as she reached it. She was so weak then. So easily moved…

As if the man she called could see her face, she took several deep breaths and hastily wiped her eyes and face.

"Hello?"

"Taoki?"

"Kaoru…"

"Yeah"

"What's wrong kiddo? Your mother, is she--"

"No! She…no."

"Well, then. I've wanted to talk to you. But your father, does he know about--"

"Look, can I come over?"

"Of course. I've been worrying over you going through all this alone. I've been going through myself. I think I need you right now too. "

~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^*~^* < p class="MsoNormal c1">Kaoru needed to push it back. Kaoru needed to deal with it. Kaoru could do neither. Kaoru would hang in suspension.

'I'll be all right. I'll be more than all right. I'm Kamiya Kaoru. The past is redeemed. My presence makes sense. My future is secure. God…I love you. Please help me.'

Kaoru panted silently. Her mind was awash with a myriad of fresh powerful emotions. They were dead and cold and forever gone. Everyone and everything was taken away from her, and nothing could change that.

Peace, love, hope, security she had found them all again only to let them drift away and morph into a strange mix of apathy, confusion, regret, and anger.

All that peace and all that soul splitting pain had come back to her during the night in that dream. Colors of sadness, colors of joy, colors of peace all came back to her in the night, and even now as she lay awake.

Why had the memory of him and all those things come back? With her newest brash decision, was she falling yet again? Was taking Kenshin in just another foolish mistake? Or was this her resurrection? A chance to redeem herself?

Since those days of living hard, she had found a shifty balance to could stand on, and her hope though only a flicker at times had never truly died. 'I'm still here. Thank God. There are many who did not make it through their storm. It's hard, but I will make it through mine.'

Yes. She would save Kenshin. She would find a place to stand.

"Kaoru?"

Now, with the ever so soft utterance of her name, colors of want, of need, of understanding, of hope surged to the surface of her heart.

"Kaoru?" Kenshin uttered her name kindly. He sat up on his elbow to look down at her. Kaoru shifted her gaze to his. Worried violet eyes stared down at her, his fire red hair tickling her chest. Kaoru narrowed her eyes as she watched him. She was glad for her pneumatic mood. Had she not been so high, she would have been a little out of sorts to behold the site above her. He looked like…she didn't know what he looked like, piercing violet eyes starting down at her in concern, the borrowed yukata gaping open in just the right places. 'God he's sexy.' His body was pressed so close to hers on the narrow couch. Kaoru let her mouth drop ever so slightly as she felt a wave of nervous excitement flow through her body.

'It's been awhile. Right Kaoru. This is exactly what you needed,' Kaoru thought, frowning at her heated thoughts.

Kenshin peered down at her, seemingly innocent worry in his eyes.

'You look so concerned. You're not like other men are you? I knew you weren't like other men,' Kaoru thought as she gazed at his handsome face.

With his face so close to hers, she could see the striking nature of his enigmatic cross scar. The skin was very dark, and hard, forming a millimeter deep crevice in his cheek. Just around the edges of each line, the skin was unusually soft, almost like new, and pulled ever so tight. His scar was evidence of wild, unusual days.

He was opening his mouth to speak again, but Kaoru silenced him, raising slender fingers to his lips. He would ask if she was okay, and she would not be able to explain. Her own hard days, the foolish days, were far too complicated to explain right now. He did not to hear of those things now. Maybe he would ask something else, but she didn't want to talk about herself today. He didn't need to hear her voice. Today, it was all about him. Kaoru would not add weight to the heavy burdens of his soul with her little issues. Suddenly she understood his earlier hesitation in letting her in his life. They were both so proud and afraid to hurt each other. 'Demo…'

"Those days are so faraway now," Kaoru said quietly as she allowed her fingers to linger on his lips as she gazed at him. "For both of us."

He turned his head slightly, confused. He opened his mouth to speak again, but she stopped him. "Let's let the past stay buried," Kaoru murmured as she allowed her hand to caress his face. He leaned his face into her caress, staring at her through narrowed violent slits. Casually, he turned and captured one of her wondering fingers with his lips, his narrowed gaze penetrating her with its intensity.

'What is he thinking?' Kaoru asked herself as she watched his mysterious expression. She probably would never be able to understand where exactly he was coming from and where he was going. Kaoru could tell he was a man of many ways, a rolling stone that she could easily break herself against. This was a chance she was willing to take, because he needed someone to take that chance and reach out to him. He needed her to take that chance. The evidence was there in his face, as clear as day, staring down at her.

Despite his actions, she could sense hesitation and yearning and most of all fear within him.

'You want to be touched…you need to be touched. But you're still afraid aren't you? You're afraid I'll touch you there…' Kaoru thought as she pressed her fingers to his parted lips. Slowly, she trailed her finger from his lips to his back of his neck, gently pulling him towards her.

Kaoru's eyes fluttered open to lock with his as he paused, less than a millimeter from her face, his breath mingling with hers.

His heart was spinning in circles, his body quickening. He wanted so badly to share himself with her like this, to make her understand everything that he had been through. He wanted to take her and pour into her all of his pent up frustration and loneliness. She was a refuge, soft and exquisite, untouched, and pure.

Kaoru shifted beneath him, brushing her lips gently against his as she moved her hands to stay his trembling shoulders. At the feel of her lips against his Kenshin moved to kiss her fully. He sank into the kiss, losing himself in the warmth of her mouth, the caress of her tongue causing heat to course through his body.

Pulling back slightly Kenshin mentally willed himself to withdraw, even as he shifted his position so he could be closer to her. She was wrapping both her arms around his neck, pulling him closer, asking for more…

He obliged, deepening the kiss as he pushed her legs open and settled himself between them.

The feel of him…Kaoru knew that feel all to well. She had done it again. She had gotten caught in the moment, temporary wonder of him determining her actions and her touch. He was still so vulnerable, and so new to the world. The feel of a woman was probably equivalent to a powerful spell. 'Gomen, Kenshin.'

But then his kiss was gaining intensity. The restraint of earlier was rapidly being replaced by savage passion. Kaoru gasped as she felt a rough him slipping under her shirt. 'Should I stop him? I can't.' I don't want to.'

Heat pooling between her legs Kaoru moaned as she felt his hand brush lightly against her breast. 'I should stop him. But I started this, he'll think I'm a tease. Would he hate me for it? I don't want to. I can't stop. I need this.' Kaoru's heart was pounding rapidly against her chest; a thousand voices in her soul screaming a thousand things. Yes and no, maybe and wait, now or never, what ifs and fears.

Kenshin roughly pulled his lips from hers, taking her neck instead with savage kisses. Cupping her breast in his hand, he squeezed, earning a small whimper of pleasure from Kaoru. He could feel her hands trailing down his back to grasp his rear. He simply grunted as he ground his hips hard against hers, biting her neck none to gently.

'Is it too soon yet? I can't stop now. We both need this.' Kaoru trailed one hand between them to explore inside his robe. He wore nothing underneath. Excitement and fear running through her at the feel of his bare skin, she barely registered a polite knock, before the distant jingle of a key in the lock, a creaking of the old front door…

Kaoru's hands tightened on Kenshin's back. He heard it too. Quickly, Kenshin steeled himself ignoring the pleasure surging through his body and turned his head. The door flew open and in-stepped an older looking man with two little girls, one in his arms, the other holding his hand. The man did not look happy.

TBC…

Thanks for reading! Please tell me what you think. All the reviews really did help me get on my job and write. Thanks so much! I listen to everthing you guys say and I seriously take your comments, suggests and concerns into consideration. So give me feedback!