Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Your Place, Untitled ❯ Bloodshed ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Finding Your Place
Prolog: Bloodshed
“What is the meaning of this?!” The red haired, amber eyed, woman demanded as a dozen or so men barged into the small house.
“You are Himura Kentai are you not?” A rather tall man with short brown hair asked, obviously the ring leader.
“Who wants to know?!” A spunky eight year old girl asked.
“Kenzie stay out of this! I'll handle it!” Her mother warned. Kenzie closed her mouth but scoffed and glared at the men with her violet-gold eyes. “Now answer my question.” Kentai ordered then took out the sword her big brother had given her. “What are you doing here? What do you want with us?”
“Where's the Battousai?” The leader demanded with venom in his voice.
“I don't know what you're talking about! It's not like I know the Hitokiri Battousai personally! What makes you think I do?!” Kentaichi answered glaring at the men who invaded her house. Katsu, I could really use your help right about now. She thought to herself, wishing her fiancé was there.
“You lie, wench! You can either tell us where the Battousai is or suffer the consequences!” The dangerous man offered.
“I told you! I don't know what you're talking about!” Kentai began to slightly panic. Her fighting skills were ok but she could in no way defeat twelve men with swords.
“Fine, if you will not tell us then you shall die!” The man unsheathed his sword and charged at the beautiful mother of two, the others soon followed.
Kentai tried to defend the children and herself but there was just too many of them. Sensei, Katsu, where are you?! She thought to herself and then struck down.
“Momma!” The brownish-red haired, four-year-old boy yelled and ran to his mother, tears in his amber eyes.
“No, Ryoshin, wait!” Kenzie yelled and was quickly at her mother's side as well. “Mother?” She asked worry in her voice, but not letting on she wanted to cry.
“Kenzie, protect your brother until Master Hiko gets here.” Kentai breathed quietly.
“I will Momma but . . . you . . . you'll be alright . . . won't you Momma?” Kenzie said, wiping tears away from her eyes.
“Kenzie, listen to me . . . you must find your uncle. You . . . you must find your uncle Shinta!” True Kenshin and Kentia were not blood siblings, but they were both raised by Master Hiko that way. “Ryoshin, Kenzie, I . . . I love you . . . very much.” And with those last words Kentai Himura was gone. Ryoshin cried over the death of his mother. For Kenzie it brought sadness, anger, and hatred to her heart.
“You . . . you bastard! You killed my mother!” Kenzie screamed, her eyes turning bright gold for a second.
“This is precisely why we don't need any witnesses.” The tall, brown haired man said with a smirk. With that being said Kenzie quickly grabbed her mother's blood stained sword and swung violently at anyone that was in her way. A few men grabbed her; two of them held her fast while another began chocking Kenzie to death. She noticed out of the corner of her eye one of the men stabbed Ryoshin, possibly in the heart. Kenzie screamed as the darkness over took her just as Hiko Sensei and Katsuhiko arrived.