Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Finding Your Place, Untitled ❯ Thoughts and Feelings ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Finding Your Place
 
Chapter 3:Thoughts and Feelings
 
“Hope you don't mind. We made ourselves at home.” Ariannah said as Kenshin and Kaoru finally reappeared.
 
“No, that's quit alright.” Kaoru replied. “It was rude of us to leave you like that.”
“Uncle Kennie! Uncle Kennie!” Kenzie shouted and together she and Ryo ran to Kenshin's waiting arms.
 
“Oh my children! How I missed you that I have! But there's something that just occurred to me. Surely you have not been living with Hiko Sensei all this time?” Kenshin asked. Hiko gave him the `are-you-nuts' look. The children giggled.
 
“No Uncle, we've been living with Papa.” Kenzie answered matter-of-factly.
 
Kenshin was suddenly angered. He had known their biological father and vowed to punish him should he ever see him again. “That bas…”
 
Baka denchi!'” Master Hiko snapped. “Their `Papa' that Kenzie speaks of is Tsukioka Katsuhiko.”
 
“Oro?” Kenshin was thoroughly confused again. Kenzie and Ryo giggled.
 
“Katsu and Kentai were engaged to be married.” Master Hiko was slowly getting annoyed.
 
“So where is he?” Kenshin was still slightly confused. But at least the father issue was cleared up.
 
“M-mr. R-r-rooster's.” Ryoshin stuttered. Kenzie couldn't stop laughing.
 
“I believe he is friends with Sanosuke Sagara.” Master Hiko said now irritated.
 
“Sano?!” Kenshin was a little surprised. “That Katsu!”
 
Kenzie nodded her giggle fit fading. “Papa should be here soon too!”
 
And as if on cue a voice came from outside. “Hello?”
 
“In here Papa!” Kenzie yelled as Sano and Katsu walked in.
 
Sanosuke stared at the children. “So these are your kids, Katsu?” Katsu opened his mouth to answer but was interrupted when Yahiko burst in.
 
“Hey! What's going on here? Who are all these people? And what are they doing here?” Yahiko practically shouted in his usual loud voice. Everyone turned to look at him, glaring. Kenzie and Ryo just stared.
 
“Yahiko, be more considerate.” Kaoru scolded. “These people are our guests. More important these children are Kenshin's niece and nephew.”
 
“How was I suppose to know that?!” Yahiko retorted. Everyone was getting really annoyed with Yahiko at this point, including Kenzie.
 
“You should have just ask nicely, dummy.” Kenzie answered like a smart aleck.
 
“Oh yeah! Who are you to tell me what to do?!” Yahiko roared getting in her face. When they realized they were only inches a part they both blushed and looked away.
 
“Stupid boy!” Kenzie humped.
 
“Idiot girl!” Yahiko countered.
 
Katsu just glared at the boy known as Yahiko, and Kenshin wasn't sure what to do but he didn't think he liked the thought of his sweet little niece being so close to the bratty little Yahiko. The rest just chuckled at the two except Ryoshin who rolled his eyes and thought. *Too much going on for me in one day.*
 
Katsu noticed his son yawn and knew he should be tired after the long day they had. “Come Ryo, we'll find you a bed.” Ryo nodded with another yawn.
 
“Please, let me.” Kenshin pleaded. He wanted to spend some time with his nephew and bedtime seemed like a good bonding time. Katsu agreed and Kenshin lead Ryoshin to bed.
 
@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@
 
“Hi…” Kenzie sat next to Yahiko on the deck outside. “Can I join you?”
 
“You're already sitting aren't you?” Yahiko replied. There was an awkward silence with each one glancing at the other. “What are you staring at?” Yahiko questioned as he caught Kenzie continue to stare at him.
 
Kenzie blushed. “I'm sorry.” She said and looked down at the ground.
 
Yahiko sighed. “No… don't be. I… I'm sorry about earlier. I don't know why I always blow up like that.” Yahiko sighed again. “I never caught your name…”
 
“My name's Kenzie.” She glanced at him to see Yahiko smile.
 
“That's a pretty name…” Kenzie looked up at Yahiko and blushed. *I've never been so flustered talking to a boy before.*
 
Kenzie! Your father says it's time for bed that it is.” Kenshin called. “Shall I tuck you in?”
 
“Yes! I'll be right there Uncle Kennie!” Kenzie answered and turned toward Yahiko, blushing once again. “Good night.” She smiled and gave him a small kiss on the cheek and left.
 
Yahiko blushed and rubbed at his cheek. *Stupid girl!* What Yahiko thought and what Yahiko felt were two different things. Inside he could not hide the fact that he found Kenzie cute.
 
@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@_@
 
With the children in bed it gave the adults a chance to really talk. “So… that's what really happened…” Kenshin replied after Katsu had told them all what happened the night Kentai was murdered. Kenshin could feel the hot tears return to his eyes. Kaoru comforted Kenshin again as the tears slide down his cheeks once more. Katsu too was still in mourning.
 
“You alright buddy?” Sano ask his longtime friend and put a consoling hand on his shoulder.
 
Katsu nodded. “I will be… in time.”
 
After awhile they noticed something. “Hey! Where's that Hiko guy?” Sano asked. They all looked around but no one saw or knew where he went. They were about to ask Ariannah but it was discovered she was missing too.
 
“Ya know… she did look kind of familiar. But I just can't put my finger on it.” Sano thought out loud to himself.
 
Katsu sighed and thought it was better they knew about Ariannah than to be walking down the street with her and have her taken by the police. “Ariannah is well… to be blunt, a whore.”
 
Everyone's eyes went wide. “I know Sensei can be a little crud but to hire a…” Kenshin trailed off.
 
Katsu went to correct Kenshin. “No, Hiko Sensei saved her.”
 
“Oro?” Kenshin was again confused, which seemed to happen a lot lately. Kaoru couldn't help but smile. He was so cute with that confused look on his face.
 
Katsu rolled his eyes and continued. “Ariannah ran away from a brothel. She was being pursued by men through the woods for the bounty on her head and Hiko Sensei saved her.” Everyone now understood and Katsu sweet dropped.