Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ First Date ❯ Men Talk.... ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4

"Oro!! are you sure de gozaru ka?"

"Of course I'm sure! Trust me! Women love catch phrases!!" Said a very secure Sanosuke.

<Oro! Demo… hot mama??!! Where the hell did he get these words? Referring to Kaoru-dono as a hot mama?! What is he insinuating?!>

<One, why do you keep calling Nena, Kaoru-dono? And two, are you really that naive? Don't you get it? *sigh* forget it I am going explain it to you now! Why don't you pay attention?>'

"Kenshin are you paying attention?" Asked Sanosuke bending down to the rurouni's eyes level.

"Hai!" Kenshin said quickly… Sanosuke went on…

<What is nena?>

<Oh that… *blush* just a nick name I invented for Kaoru… er… yeah…>

<Why Nena? What does it mean de gozaru ka?>

<just listen to Zanza! He is talking to you, you know!>'

"Kenshin! I am freakin' talking to you, you know!"

"Gomen nasai de gozaru yo! Sessha will pay attention now!" he said apologising to Sano.

"You were the one who came to me looking for advice and you don't even listen to me?! Do you want to know or what?!"

"Sessha apologises again Sano, demo… I am a bit nervous… you understand ne?"

`<You heard him! Shut up!>

<Oi!!>

<Well I can't listen to you and him at the same time!>'

Sanosuke smiled crooked and gave Kenshin a look.

"Ohhhhhh! You want to discuss the details of the late night date huh?" he smiled evilly at Kenshin while his eyes were bulging.

`<What the…?!?!?>

<Ororororo?!?!?!?>

<I am so not discussing that with him!! That is very intimate! Besides! I am not that ignorant!! Who the hell does he think I am?!? You!?!?!? No!!!!! I know very well where to move around and where not to go!!!>

<ORORORORORORO!!!!!>'

"Sanosuke, not to offend but what happens on this date is part of our privacy. And especially things like that de gozaru…" Kenshin said as politely as he could manage with Battousai having a fit inside his head.

"Chill… I was just kidding Kenshin, I mean even if you are a baka, you are still a man…" Sanosuke started.

"Comes with the territory…" said a female voice beside them.

Sanosuke and Kenshin turned a little startled that someone had heard them and at the remark she had made.

"I should have known it was the fox…"

"Ohayou gozaimasu Megumi-dono…"

"Ohayou Ken-san."

"What are you doing here foxy lady? It's a little early don't you think?" said Sanosuke to her

"Good morning to you too rooster head. And I am here because I happen to work here… you know when you want to work you usually go to the place where it is… I don't know, just some strange custom I picked off from someone…" she said sarcastically to Sano.

Sano and Kenshin looked around and, yes, effectively they where at the clinic, Sano had been leading the way… maybe he had done it subconsciously …

`<Yeah right! subconscious my ass!>

<Not likely de gozaru yo>'

maybe not…

"The question is, what are you two doing here so early?" Megumi asked them

"he he he! Kenshin here has a date with Jou-chan, and he wanted a few pointers on women…" said Sanosuke pointing a finger at the blushing red head.

Megumi's eyes bulged, Sano smirked and Kenshin twiddled his fingers.

`<Will you stop twiddling your goddamn fingers?!>

<I can't help it de gozaru…>'

Megumi starred for a few more seconds then smiled as well.

"It was about time… do you think you took long enough? I thought Yahiko and Tsubame would act faster than you and Tanuki."

" `That's what I told him.' " said Battousai and Sano at the same time.

Kenshin sweat dropped. Was this some sort of secret and evil conspiracy on him or what? Megumi sighed and rolled her eyes.

"You know Ken-san, you have done some pretty stupid things in your days… demo… ask Sanosuke on tips about women?? I didn't think you were that baka." Said Megumi to Kenshin

"Oi! What are you getting at Kitsune-onna?" answered Sanosuke.

"I am not getting at anything, I already know that you know next to nothing about women. What could you have possibly told him? to pick her up with catch phrases?"

"What's wrong with catch phrases? It's not like we're insulting women when we say them. I think it flatters them." Stated Sanosuke trying to defend himself.

"You think wrong, as I have always said. Pick up lines do nothing but angry women! How many women do you know you have picked up with those lines…?"

Sanosuke started to say something but Megumi interrupted him again.

"Who are not prostitutes…"

Sano backed down. Megumi smiled at his defeat and turned to Kenshin.

"So, when is the disaster going to happen huh?"

"Oro!! Megumi-dono! Sessha is nervous enough as it is, onegai…" pleaded Kenshin

"All right I'm sorry. The only reason this date would be a disaster is if you followed the rooster head's advice. You will do just fine. Trust me Ken. Just be yourself. It's all that Kaoru would want. Besides, you might not know it, but you have certain affects with women. So let things be. She is so worked up about you there would be no way to displease her."

`Uh oh! Down Battousai!!!!! Don't get worked up or your ego will smother me to death!!>

<Did you hear that?!?!?!? Women have certain effects with me!!!!!! In other words I turn them on!!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! Kaoru is crazy for me!!!!! Megumi just said I have her rapped around my finger!!!!!!>

<I bet more that it's the other way around…>

<*blush*>'

"When is the date again? You never did tell me." Asked Megumi again

"Tell him genius… when is the date? The baka asked her out yesterday…"

Megumi giggled. "so what? It's not like it's today ne?"

Sano eyed a blushing Kenshin. Megumi starred at him in disbelief. She rolled her eyes and slapped her forehead.

"You did at least make plans didn't you?"

Kenshin hid his face more and shook his head.

"Jeez Ken-san! I have to go find Tanuki and Tae,"

"Weren't you going to work?" asked Sanosuke

"Oh this is a special occasion! Besides, Dr. Genzai can handle it. Ja-oh! Ken, before I go, tell me, what is your favorite colour?"

"Pink…" Sano answered for him.

Kenshin and Megumi eyed him and he smiled. Megumi looked back at Kenshin and waited. The rurouni looked from side to side and brought his hand to his head. After more waiting he shrugged. Megumi's shoulders fell and she tried again.

"Well, what are you going to wear?"

"A dark blue gi…" he answered her.

"Wow! You have something else besides what you wear everyday? Why don't you ever use it? Anything would look more man like than the pink gi." Sano stated.

"look who's talking." Said Megumi to him. "Anyway, thanks Ken-san that's all I needed to know. Ja ne."

"Megumi-dono? Where do you think Kaoru would like to go?" Kenshin said to Megumi's back.

She stopped and stayed like that for a minute. Then she turned and walked over to Kenshin whispering something in his ear. Kenshin seemed a bit surprised at first, but then he nodded and smiled.

`<It seems like a nice idea…>

<Heeeeeey! I never would have thought of that! Good idea! But, do you think she will like it?>

<Of course she will!>'

With that Megumi said good bye, again and finally left the two men. Sano turned to Kenshin and smiled.

"Well I guess you won't be needing my services anymore."

"umm… actually Sano… there is a favor I need de gozaru…"

"Ok… I'll do it… if I can what do you need?"

"Promise you won't get mad? I'm sure you can do it… but whether you want to or not…"

"Come on Kenshin!! If it'll get you and Jou-chan together faster, I'll do it. You know everyone at the dojo wanted you two to finally get together, just shoot…"

Kenshin sighed and signalled Sano to bend down to his level. *whisper*

"NANI?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

~~~~~~~~°*°~~~~~~~~