Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ flames of a beginning ❯ chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry its been so long since I updated but ive been so busy adjusting to school and band and all so I am realllllly sorry. And PLEASE GUYS I WOULD LIKE REVIEWS CAUSE IM NOT GETTING ANY. PLEASE EVEN A TINY GOOD IS OKAY WITH ME.

Chapter 5

Kenshins p.o.v.

It has been three months since Kaoru has had her accident, but the closest she has come waking up was a screaming fit she had as I applied salves to her skin. That is one moment I never want to relieve again it tore me apart to hear he scream so violently. I have kept a constant watch over my Kaoru. However, I have had to leave her side many times to work odd jobs for people because we have very little money without Kaoru. Yahiko works hard at the Akabeko earning what little money he can from Tae. She has been very kind in donating food to us. Every day that Kaoru stays asleep, I lose a little hope for I have trouble keeping my spirits up in such a dismal dojo, though I try for Yahiko. He still blames himself all he does is eat, sleep, work, and train. I would tell him to take some time to relax, but I know I would just sound like a hypocrite and he would not listen anyway.

PLEASE KAORU! My angel, wake up. Our family is slowly falling apart without you. I need you too. Please if only you would open your eyes, the world would be a brighter place. As I sit here and look at your tranquil looking body, I see all the scars made by the fire, though they are not as evident as before, they make you no less beautiful. My hand strokes your now scarred face and it does not terrify me, it makes me love you more. I stare at your lips and can't help, but lightly press mine against yours. I feel the warmth of you lips and know you are still alive, I know you are fighting to return to us. I wait a few minutes to remove my lips and just before I do I feel a slight pressure against them. I open my eyes and see they indeed move the tiniest bit. OH Gods I think she is awakening, Oh dear Gods I hope so. I sit and watch if she makes any other signs of awakening and I hear a muffled groan escape her lips and the slight turn of her head. OH THANK THE GODS ABOVE SHE IS COMING BACK TO ME!!

Kaoru slowly opens her eyes, making it feel like an eternity as I sit and watch, I revel in the beauty of her azure eyes that I have been deprived of for so very long. She turns her head to face me and the look I receive nearly tears my heart out, her eyes are filled with tears and a happiness I have waited to see for what seemed to be ages. I wanted to go to the streets of Tokyo and scream "SHE'S AWAKE! SHE HAS COME BACK TO US!!"

She whispers "Kenshin? Is that really you?? I fought so very long to come back to you."

I really, "And I have waited for your arrival my goddess, and I am eternally grateful you did not leave me alone."

A tear falls down her face she replies, "I would never leave you." Then she asks me a most startling question in her soft melodic voice, "Kenshin why are you so unfocused." Dread fills my heart as I ask, "Can you not see?" She takes a minute to reply but in a hoarse tone says, "Everything is so blurry and unfocused." I respond to her pleading tone with a soft supportive voice reassuring her, "Do not worry love, it's just because you've been asleep, its nothing to worry about you'll be fine."

As I am about to say more Yahiko runs into the room, "Hey Kenshin I am going……" but it is lost on his lips as he sees Kaoru's opened eyes and he runs to her, like a child who has found the mother he lost, and sobs onto her chest embracing her with a fierce love that he has never shown before. "Kaoru, oh Kaoru I have missed you so much. *sob*I am sorry. *sob*I am sooo sorry. *sob* Can you ever forgive me?? *sob*"

I watch as Kaoru places her arms around the boy and strokes his head with her hand and quietly comforts him, " Shhhh, Yahiko. I'm fine. There is nothing to be forgiven, I love you and I will always forgive you no matter what."

As this scene plays out I am astounded as she comforts Yahiko paying no mind to the pain she was so plainly in by the weight of him on her, and yet she takes no heed to the calls of pain to help Yahiko heal his emotional wounds. She truly is an angel.

When I felt it was appropriate to break the scene up I tell Yahiko to go fetch Megumi and if he sees Sano to tell him the good news. I see the look of pain that crosses Kaoru's face as she hears Yahiko exit the room and I immediately rush to her side offering comfort to her. She smiles slightly and inhales a deep breath to alleviate the pain. I see she is about to say something and I hear her voiced tinged with fear and dread, "Kenshin is it getting to be night because it's getting darker."

I look towards the window in her room and see it is still the mid-afternoon. I reply with deep sadness I did not mean to convey, "Yes, yes of course it is."

She smiles a teary eyed watery half smile and simple states, "Liar."

As I am about to try and defend myself Megumi and Sano bust into the room with Yahiko tailing behind them. Sano seeing her awake responds in that Sano-y (hehe made that up) way he has, "Well if it ain't sleeping beauty come back to the land of the living. Did you bring gifts?"

And that's where im ending it. You will never know how unbelievably sorry I am for not writing this story in forever. I'll admit it was a combination of laziness, writers block, and a whole bunch of work I had to get done. So im reall really really really sorry. I promise I will update much sooner for the next chapter than I did for this one. I SWEAR. Thanks so much for the support.