Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Hell's Conquest ❯ The Mission ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hell's Conquest

Ch.1

The Mission

Set after Shishio's defeat in Kyoto, this story follows him and his two followers Houji and Yumi in hell. Rurouni Kenshin and its characters belong Watsuki-sama, not me.

"So tell me Lord Shishio, if I might be so bold as to ask you, how do you plan to go about this takeover?" Houji stammered as he trudged on behind his master.

Shishio stopped walking. "Are you saying you've begun to doubt me Houji? Because if that's the case," he stated, turning to face his nervous financer, and draping an arm over Yumi. "Your suicide was pointless."

This remark made Houji's eyes flare with suppressed rage but he dared not speak. He knew Shishio had no patience whatsoever with him and didn't want to risk his temper.

"M-my apologies sir. But a goal like that…it would be difficult to obtain…I'm just being realistic Lord Shishio!!!" Houji's outburst caught the swordsman off guard.

"Don't you see, Houji, this is why I am the one in charge instead of you. And if you are making any reference to my death, it was a terrible error on my part that won't happen again."

He turned his gaze to Yumi.

"Isn't that right Yumi?" he asked and she nodded, smiling warmly.

Houji couldn't believe this. The two of them had just died, one being murdered by the other and here they were. The exact same as they'd been just a few hours ago. Yumi, with her constant adoration of her lover, and Shishio, with his silent appreciation for Yumi. Houji felt oddly misplaced in the whole situation.

"So are you coming then? Or do you need a full day to realize you're dead?" Yumi asked.

"Oh…of course…"

"Good. We'll go 2 the castle. There seems to be a village beneath it. With any luck, we'll find Usui there." Shishio said confidently, pebbles crunching beneath his feet…wait.

Not pebbles.

When Yumi looked closer at the ground, she saw…scattered corpses and skeletons. She gasped in horror.

"Do people…can we…die down here?" she asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

Shishio stopped for a moment, pondering whether to answer her or not, and then walked forward towards the village, ignoring her completely. She didn't feel discouraged though she knew he'd heard her. Whenever he did this, it meant that either he didn't know, or she didn't need to be concerned with it. And Yumi had no worries or concerns whatsoever now that she was in the company of her one true happiness: Makoto Shishio. Even though they could never go further than a few kisses every once in awhile, Yumi had always been content with simply being in his presence. Just to see him so confident and happy…nothing made her feel more appreciated…and loved. She wasn't even the least bit angry about his killing her either. She'd wanted to die so they could be together eternally…even if it meant being trapped in hell. That was the depth of Yumi's love for her master. As they walked together even now, his hand held hers tightly showing his wish to never let her go. Never. Not after everything they'd been through. Everything they'd suffered through…

"Ah. Not too bad a place to stay for a while. Although The Palace of the Five Arches was a lot…better kempt than this poor man's village I'll admit." Shishio said, hardly able to contain his delight in finally receiving his chance at domination.

Yumi snapped out of her daze and looked around at the village. It looked to be fairly similar to the outskirts of Kyoto but also had a large castle beyond its borders. The castle had a sense of foreboding about it, as it was built of dark stone and surrounded with barren trees but Shishio kept walking. As they entered the village the trio saw a few children playing, merchants and shoppers bartering and a few…

"Demons!" Yumi gasped at seeing a few tall men with pointed ears strolling about the commoners.

Shishio squeezed her hand tightly to shut her up.

"Don't say a word to them Yumi." Shishio commanded harshly.

The demons oddly didn't seem to be that evil as they were depicted in certain legends; in fact they were, in their own right, beautiful.

"You there!" called a tall silver-eyed demon with blue hair.

"With the uh…bandages!" mocked another shorter red-eyed, golden-haired demon.

At this, a few of the villagers began to whisper to one another as if they knew something about this stranger. Shishio saw this and knew he'd have to have a nice word with these commoners later.

"Who are you?" asked the blue-haired demon.

"And is it your duty to pry into others' business?" Shishio said, his hand itching to pull free his sword and slice this demon apart.

"Actually I do have orders to interrogate all newcomers. That is…" and he glared at Yumi.

"If they are of any value." he sneered, receiving a hard glare from Yumi.

"Is that so? Who ordered you to do this?" Shishio questioned curiously.

"Why your future master of course! Once he takes over hell, everyone will know the name of Usui the Destroyer!!!"

The end of Ch.1

Find out what Shishio's response is in Ch. 2