Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Her Own Path ❯ The Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I unfortunately do not own Rurouni Kenshin or any of the characters involved, though I wish I did…

Warnings: As of yet there are none.


HER OWN PATH

Chapter One
- The beginning (how many first chapters are named this?!)



Why did she suddenly feel that way?

Enishi was the first boyfriend she had after all. She had met him in her early high school years nearly two years ago. He had been so kind and a complete gentlemen to her. Helping her with schoolwork, treating her to lunches and spending enormous amounts of time with her. And before she knew it she had fallen for him.

But, the instant she had confessed her feelings for him, he turned her away. Telling her that she was ‘just not right for him’ and that ‘they shouldn’t see each other anymore’. She was crushed and heartbroken. Just thinking of him even now brought that unwanted pang of pain in her chest.

She wanted to forget about him, forget about everything. Start over, maybe even move away to another city. That would be nice…

However, with only a high school education and her current job under her belt she knew she simply didn’t have the resources or finances to follow through with it. Since before she had met Enishi she had worked at a simple restaurant called the Akabeko. A generous young woman by the name of Tae had hired her on the spot. The wage sadly was not that much though. Even if she saved for another year, she still would be able to move away.

Her mother and father passed away just last spring, so she was on her own now. Before her father died he had taught her the style of Kamiya Kasshin Ryu of swordsmanship, the sword that revitalizes. And as much as she loved her father, there just weren’t enough students to keep his dojo open to the public.

All she could do now was live each day as they would have wanted her to, with happiness.

****************************




He watched her balance the unsteady tray piled with glasses in her hands, attempting not to drop it. The mere sight of her intrigued him like no other had before. It was as if a flame had been lit in his stone cold heart, breaking the chains he had unconsciously placed there.

“Kaoru…” Her name rolled off of his tongue with such prestige that he startled himself.

Every once and a while he would appear at this restaurant just to get a glimpse of her.

But he had never expected her to come up to him one day and ask him his name. “Kenshin,” H replied in a smooth tone, “My name is Kenshin.”

****************************

AU: So how was that? If it’s any good I’ll continue it.

Ja ne minna-san!