Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru's Birthday Present ❯ Tomorrow is my birthday... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer:No I do not own any of the Rurouni Kenshin characters, I'm not making money off this, I'm just doing it for fun.

Chapter 1: Tomorrow is my birthday..

Kaoru watched silently as Kenshin diced vegetables. With an expert hand,his knife cut through them cleanly, later stirring them into the soup he was making.Once again she marvelled at his skill.He made cutting vegetables seem beautiful, cleaning fish,artistic, and cooking in general, fun and even easy."Ah,Kenshin, what would I do without you?" she wondered.Yes, her decision had been made.She would say it.Even if she dropped dead of embarrassment afterwards.

Taking a deep breath, she began walking towards him resolutely.Then, at the last second, changed directions and walked straight out of the kitchen.

Kenshin's eyes had never left the pot of soup, but he had "seen" (sensed?) the whole thing and he wondered what that was all about.

Later that day, Kaoru, still struggling with herself, spied on Kenshin, who was sweeping the yard with an old broomstick.

"What is she doing!?" he wondered.Whatever it was, he would soon find out. What with Kaoru walking up to him,fists balled up at her side, eyebrows scrunched up, and a terrible face.

"Kenshin" she said, stopping a few feet in front of him.

He gulped "Yes, Kaoru?"

"Tomorrow is my birthday."

"Oh really?wow.Happy Birthday Kaoru." He would have said, but her flat tone of voice, in sharp contrast with the emotional turmoil he sensed in her flaring ki advised that she had more to say. Much more.

A/N:

Well that's chapter one for ya.I hope you liked it.Please Please PLEASE reviews.

I'll accept anything, compliments, flames, queries, anything as long as it's your honest opinion.Chapter 2 should be up really soon.

-Hanastai.