Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Kaoru's Birthday Present ❯ He loves you yeah yeah yeah ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: pay no mind to the title of this chapter; I've been listening to the Beatles all afternoon.

Chapter 2 : He Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah

"My birthday is tomorrow and I…well, it's just that… I …" for a moment her courage seemed to falter,but just when he thought she might start crying or run away or hit him even,she started talking again, with a stronger voice.

"I'm tired of all of this.Kenshin…-" she sighed "I love you.And I know you love me.So what's the point of this.I'm only growing older…listen , I'm not a girl anymore.I'm a woman and-" despite the increasingly red color that tainted her face, Kaoru kept speaking in a clear, calm voice, -"I want you to make love to me. Tonight.Let's live for what's in both our hearts." She finished. By now, the redness in her face had extended to her ears and neck, but she met his stunned gaze evenly.

Once again, Kenshin admired her boldness, her beauty, her courage and her frailty. Not for the first time, he realized just how special the girl he loved was. No, not girl, woman.

Kaoru was just…wonderful.And he…well,he carried the blood of thousands in his hands, and not even Kaoru could wash that blod away.He was not worthy of her.Of her heart or of her body. Because he, despite his greatest efforts, would always be Battousai.

Jineh had been right.Sahito had been right, he knew.Even if he never killed again, Battousai would always be there, because Keshin and Battousai were one and the same, forever.

And perhaps Kenshin might be worthy of touching the tip of Kaoru's kimono, of undressing her slowly,of running his hands across the silk of her skin, of parting her lips with his own.But Battousai would never be.Yes, he finally admitted to himself. This was what stopped him. This was why he had tried, kami knows he tried, not to fall in love with this girl, this lovely girl, who over the years had become a woman before his very eyes.

For the longest time he stood there, broomstick in hand, so lost within himself that he hadn't realized that it was raining, and that he was soaking wet.

"Keeeeeennnnshiiiiin!" It was Yahiko. "Kenshin! What are you doing?"

"Oh. Ha ha!" he put a hand behind his neck and laughed sheepishly. "I'm standing in the rain."

"Right." Yahiko shook his head slowly "I guess they're all crazy `round here."

A/N:

Chapter three will be posted up soon.

Reviews Reviews, please. Speak your mind.

-Harley O