Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Fit ❯ Always To You ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 

 

Title: Perfect Fit

Disclaimer: Rurouni Kenshin and all it's characters do not belong to me. I am just borrowing them for a little while.

A/N: Thank you so much for everyone who reviewed my story! I'm sorry this was a long time in coming but I am in the most massive writer's block right now…and I'm plotting the rest of Belonging. The new chapter would be out pretty soon but I'm not sure when coz it needs more tweaking. Anyway, on with the fic! Sorry if this chapter is kind of short…

Pairings: this is sort of a love triangle between Kenshin, Kaoru and Aoshi…with the others thrown in the mix. ^_^

Premise: They inhabit a life of leisure and luxury. Kaoru Kamiya loves Kenshin Himura, but she's not sure about how he really feels about her. A boy comes, he is dark, brooding and mysterious and Kaoru finds herself thrown into situations where she has to spend time with him and gets to know him better. /in case you were wondering, the dark, brooding, mysterious guy is Aoshi!/

 

 

 

Chapter Three:

 

 

"Why do I even have to come?" Megumi asked grudgingly as she followed Kaoru inside the gymnasium of Seirin Private School.

Kaoru gritted her teeth. "Because we need to support the team," she answered as she captured Megumi's hand and pulled her forward. "You told Kenshin you would come help support Sano remember?"

"That was before I realized Ken-san wasn't going to be with us," Megumi sighed.

"Yes well, one of his classmates asked him for a tutoring lesson for their test and he couldn't say no."

"Really Tanuki, if you don't get a move on, someone else is going to grab Ken-san away from you."

Kaoru froze, dropping Megumi's hand in surprise. She slowly turned to meet the older girl's eyes. Megumi wasn't shy about letting anyone know she liked Kenshin.

Most of the girls at school had a crush on him!

Kaoru couldn't really hate them all, not when she understood how they felt because she too, liked him.

Everyone at school said they were practically a couple.

They acted the part most of the time.

They were always together.

Kenshin was always nice to her and took care of her.

But Kenshin never really made his feelings for her known.

Not officially.

Not really.

And he was nice to everyone and took care of everyone else too.

So what made her, Kaoru, more special than anybody else?

How could anyone grab Kenshin away from her when he wasn't even hers?

"Kenshin isn't mine," Kaoru said softly.

"You want him to be." Megumi said as she leveled Kaoru with a look. "That's all that really matters."

 

OOO

 

"Do you think Aoshi-sama would be here?" Misao asked as she scanned the crowds filling into the gymnasium.

"Uhm, I'm not sure. He doesn't seem to be the jock type…" Tae said. "Any progress on your love life?"

Misao pouted and shook her head. "I'm always saying hi to him but he barely even registers my presence."

"I'm sorry you weren't voted president of his fan club."

"I know…but at least I'm vice-president to its not so bad…"

Tae smiled and patted Misao's hand. "Well if you really like this guy then you shouldn't give up."

"Oh I have no intention of giving up," Misao said. She spotted Kaoru and Megumi walking towards them and waved them over. "What took you guys so long?" Misao asked when Kaoru and Megumi finally found their way to her and Tae.

"Did you see how crowded this place is?" Megumi complained, brushing her arms. She glared at a guy who was checking her out until he turned away in embarrassment.

"It's a game. Of course it's crowded. There are supposed to be crowds at games you know." Misao informed her.

"I hear it's a very important game." Tae interjected as she smiled at Megumi in greeting as the older girl took the seat beside her. "Seirin has been Toyotama's main rival since the beginning right?"

Misao nodded confirming it. "Always. Actually I'm looking forward to see who's going to win. The games between Seirin and Toyotama are always exciting. Although last year, Seirin was pretty easy to beat…"

Kaoru took the seat between Misao and Tae, allowing Misao the aisle seat because the girl liked her freedom to cheer. "Every single one of our starting five members is considered one of the best in the prefecture, in their respective positions. Sano is considered a top ranking center because he's great at rebounding and is very aggressive under the hoop and he's very quick on his feet too, he has great reflexes."

Quiet descended over the gym when the announcement was made that the game was going to be starting soon.

A few minutes later, everyone cheered loudly as Sano and the rest of the Toyotama Basketball Club Members were introduced.

Kaoru and Tae had joined in the commotion, yelling out the names of the players as they jogged into the court.

Misao, being her usual self, was yelling and jumping and shouting "Go Toyotama! GO! Way to go Sano!"

Megumi rolled her eyes and wished desperately for them all to quiet down.

So ten boys would pass a round orange ball around and try to put it through a hoop…big deal.

Thankfully, the shouting and screaming had died.

Then, the rival crowd had begun to cheer at the Seirin Private School Basketball Club Members were introduced.

"Boooo!" Misao's voice rang.

 

OOO

 

The counter was ticking down the seconds before the final half of the game would come to an end and Toyotama was down by one point. Hideki Ikuma, the Toyotama point guard, managed to steal the ball from the opposing team halfway down the court.

"Oh my god, it's too far!" Tae said as she watched Hideki lob the ball and watch it fly towards the ring.

"It's not going to go in…" Kaoru predicted.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Sano jumped up high into the air and by some miracle; caught the ball and twisted his body mid-air, managing to slam the ball it into the hoop.

The game was over.

There was silence as the ring creaked protesting Sano's weight.

The ball fell with a thud on the floor bouncing once before Sano's feet hit the ground.

Toyotama had won.

Chaos erupted.

"Ahhhhh!" Misao screamed ecstatically jumping to her feet and hugging Kaoru whom she had dragged up as well in her enthusiasm. "Did you see that? Ally-Oop!"

Megumi blinked. "Do they do that often?"

"Not often enough." Tae said getting caught up in the excitement despite her self.

"They won! Oh my god, they won!" Kaoru shouted jumping up and down with Misao.

 

OOO

 

 

Sano was sharing victorious high-fives with his friends and teammates when he heard Misao's yell just before he felt her full weight fall on him from behind.

"Way to go Sano!" Misao enthused as she jumped on Sano's back and hugged him, hanging by his neck.

"Oof!" Sano grunted as he felt Kaoru and Tae slam at him from both sides as they hugged him too. He straightened, staggering a little at all the combined weights of Kaoru, Tae and Misao, bringing him down as they all clung to him. "Hey, hey I know you guys love me, but lighten up on the merchandise!" he laughed.

"I'll take those hugs!" Hideki volunteered, opening his arms.

The other guys on the team nodded and said they'd like hugs too.

"Hey!" Miaka, Hideki's girlfriend, protested as she elbowed him on the ribs.

"I was just kidding!" Hideki said as he threw his arms around her.

Misao laughed and got off of Sano.

"I don't have a girlfriend, and I'd like a hug from Megumi!" one of the guys said.

"In your dreams," Megumi muttered with a flick of her hair.

The guys laughed.

"Oi kitsune! You're here too!" Sano said surprised, when he noticed Megumi standing a little to the side looking mildly irked.

"I'm not here for you." Megumi said, turning to frown at Sano.

Sano shrugged. "Sure, whatever you say."

"I'm here for Ken-san," Megumi added.

"Oh hey yeah, where's Kenshin?" Sano asked as he looked around.

"One of his classmates asked for a tutoring session for their test tomorrow so he couldn't come. He said to tell you he was sorry and he'd make it up to you." Kaoru said as she touched his arm. "Your coach wants to talk to you. go ahead, we'll wait outside."

"You're coming to party at my house, right?" Sano said as he looked at Misao, Tae, Kaoru and Megumi.

The first three girls nodded.

Megumi sighed and shrugged, "Whatever."

Sano rolled her eyes.

Sometimes, that girl could really be such a pain.

 

OOO

 

The sky overhead was filled with stars and it didn't matter if it was a new moon that night and the moon was nowhere in sight. The stars' brightness alone was enough to illuminate the night sky. Sano kept the top of his convertible down despite the protests from the girls he'd driven home. He maneuvered his car up to the wrought iron gate guarding Kaoru's house. He leaned over and pressed the access code to open the gate, watching as it opened electronically.

"You really didn't have to take me home Sano, I could have asked someone to fetch me," Kaoru said when he'd parked his car in front of her house.

"I know," Sano said as he rested his wrists on top of the steering wheel.

Kaoru glanced at him and studied his profile with a small smile on her lips.

They'd been friends since they were children and even though he was a year older than he was, there were times when she felt like she was his Neesan and that she had to take care of him.

There were also times when he seemed like such an overprotective older brother that he drove her nuts.

"You did really great today Sano. You're picture's going to be on the paper tomorrow for sure."

"I was great, wasn't I?" Sano said, turning to Kaoru.

She rolled her eyes at him, "Didn't we already establish that?"

He closed his eyes and leaned back on the headrest. "Do you still remember when we were kids and we used to sit out here in front of your house and look at the fountain you used to have over there?"

"You mean you always sat out here. I was just being nice and keeping you company."

"It seems so long ago."

"You know, I always thought it was because you loved watching the water…now I see it's because of the statue of the woman with the naked breasts."

Sano laughed. "It was such a shame your father had that fountain removed."

"You were always a pervert. Even when we were kids."

Sano smiled, keeping his eyes closed.

Kaoru leaned closer and placed a kiss on his cheek. "I should go inside. Great game today Sano, I'm proud of you."

"I know. You always are."

"Not always. Only when you deserve it." Kaoru said as she got out the car.

"Neh, Kaoru…" Sano called.

"Hai?" Kaoru asked leaning over the window and looking at his profile.

"You're the only one he ever goes to voluntarily. All the other girls, they have to ask him to come. But no matter what, Kenshin always comes back to you."

Kaoru blinked, a small smile spreading over her face. "Oyasumi nasai, Sano."

Sano opened his eyes and glanced at her from the side of his eyes. "Oyasumi," he replied.

Kaoru watched his car drive away and hugged her arms to ward off the evening chill. She turned and walked over to the entrance of the house, unlocking it with her key.

 

OOO

 

 

A/N: No Kenshin or Aoshi here! /ducks rotten fruits/ Promise, next chapter our lovely boys are going to make an appearance…I think…hmmm…

 

Neesan: It's a more casual way of saying oneesan, or older sister. Pretty much like saying niichan instead of Onii-chan when referring to your older brother.

Sano's picture on the paper: Well, I watch SlamDunk, it's an anime about high school boys playing basketball and there was this episode where Hanamichi Sakuragi was passing out newspapers because his picture playing basketball was in the front page or something like that. I thought it would be cool if Sano's picture was in the papers too!

 

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. This fic isn't only going to be about Kenshin/Kaoru/Aoshi, Sano and others are going to be thrown in here too on the side.

Please review and tell me what you think neh? Domo arigato!

 

Thai: Hi! So this is the update, I hope you enjoyed it!

Clemen: Yeah, poor Kenshin and Aoshi. I like the angst theme, mild or otherwise.

Alexis Barnes: Here you go, I updated. I hope it's to your liking. Please review!

Dagorwen of Ithilien: Here you are, I updated!

Flaming-Amber: Yes, it is going to be a triangle thing fic. I love it when these two fight over Kaoru.

Goldmund: Thank you for the review! Yeah, I reread it and I kind of agree that the word `omen' was too strong. I wasn't actually going for the `foreshadowing' it was mostly about the hidden feeling of Kaoru and the secrets we all keep in our life. thanks for pointing that out and please review! I hope you like this chapter.

GranolaBar: I'm very glad you like my fic. Please review this chapter neh? Arigato.

Jbella: Hey there! Thanks so much. Your words warm my heart! /hugs/ I hope this chapter wasn't much of a disappointment. No Aoshi or Kenshin but they'll pop up soon enough! /grins/ Please review!

BelleDayNight: Thanks! It would really be interesting to develop the story and their characters! I hope you continue to read my fics and please review this chapter! Thanks!

Triste1: Thank you so much! I really love reading your reviews because they are long and mostly detailed. I thank you for taking the time to read my fics and help me to improve my writing.

WhiteRabbit5: /nods/ I know…I love Kenshin too! I have to say, Thank You SOOO much for reading my story and for reviewing. Yup, people I think deal with things in their life in different ways but in the end, it all comes down to coping with our emotions. This is probably going to be angst/drama/romance if I can manage to write it correctly. My imagination far exceeds my ability to interpret it in words…so frustrating sometimes.

Justagirl8225: Thanks so much! I smiled when I read your review. You don't think they're kind of OOC here? That's good. I didn't want to be over the top because I wanted them to retain a part of their personality that drew us to them in the first place!