Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Saving Grace ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Kenshin characters but all original characters and the story are mine.

Author's notes: Please review for the love of chibi before I jump in a hole and never write again.


Chapter 3 The Meeting


It had been almost four hours since he had sent the messanger and noon was fast approaching. Sirius was starting to question whether Himura would meet with him. He hoped so; he had come a long way to find the legendary ex-hitokiri. Sirius needed his help, now more then ever.

He felt a strong fighting ki enter the square and turned away from his work to search the crowd. A flaming red head caught his eye. 'Interesting. I thought he'd be taller.' Sirius thought with a chuckle, though he became somber when he remembered some of the bloody stories he'd hear about the small man coming his way. Even if he had hung up his sword, he was still dangerous, but what about the others with him.

'Why has he brought them? Wouldn't they simply hold him back?' he wondered. 'No. I see a fighting spirit inside them. Even the young woman has a fire in her.'

He saw Himura searching the crowd for some sign of him. He stood slowly, deliberately, being sure to make direct eye contact with the red haired warrior. Battousai gave a small nod and headed his way, so he sat down again.

Kenshin's eyes grew wide when he saw the tall black haired man stand and look at him. "That's Origami." Sano whispered from behind him. Kenshin nodded and started to move, trying to size up his enemy before he got too close.

The man was tall, he was even taller then Sano. His hair was dark and longer then Kenshin's. He had it tied back in a high tail. His black gi and white hakama pants looked big on him, and his bright green eyes seemed sad. They weren't angry or crazed like the eyes of his other enemies.

'What does he want?' Kenshin asked himself for the hundreth time since the messanger had arrived at the dojo's gate. The man was sitting at a small canopied stand, an origami stand.

"Talk about originality." Yahiko snorted as he rolled his eyes.

"Don't be rude Yahiko." Karou hissed though she had to admit it was strange.

The small group stopped a few feet from the stand, then slowly Kenshin covered the last bit alone. Sirius smiled slightly when Himura came to stand next to him. "I have come." Kenshin said quietly, his hand resting on his sword hilt.

"Yes, thank you for doing so. I am very sorry for the short notice Himura-san." Sirius told him softly as he turned to get a better look at Kenshin. Kenshin's eyes narrowed and he shifted his stance. He had see Origami working on something while he approached, but he had not known what it was until now. In his hand was a small paper crane.

Sirius looked on in wonder as Himura shihfted and got ready for an attack. 'What's going on with him?' he thought. Suddenly he remembered he was still holding the crane he had made. "Relax Himura-san," Sirius said soothingly "I don't make origami to fight with anymore. This is only a new display for my stand." He moved slowly to sit the crane aside.

Suddenly he hear a man yell "Kami-san he's got a crane. Kenshin get out of there." This was followed by a loud snapping sound and a yelp of pain. "Don't be stupid. Can't you see he's putting it down?" Karou growled, her eyes flashing.

"Blue eyes." Sirius whispered with a small gasp. Kenshin cleared his throat bringing Sirius back to reality. Sirius smiled warmly. "If I may Himura-san, I wish to speak with you alone. We would only go over to the shaded proches there, and your friends are more then welcome to help themselves to anything on my stand. It will not take long, I swear." Sirius said with a small bow.

Kenshin considered for a moment. The man didn't seem to be a theat. He wasn't ever carrying a weapon. 'But what if it's a trap?' a small voice asked Kenshin. 'If it is I'll take Karou and go. Besides Yahiko and Sano are here. I won't fight alone.' Kenshin told it, before he turned to the others. He could tell by their postures they were thinking the same thing. 'If it's a trap we'll deal with it.'
"I will speak with you Origami."

"Please Himura-san, call me Sirius." Sirius said smiling again. He gave a small bow to Karou and started towards the shaded porches.

"Becareful Kenshin," Karou quietly said as Kenshin followed. Was he going to his death?
*************************

"I wish to hang up my sword Himura-san, but before I can do this there is one more enemy I must defeat. He has came looking for me and I can not fight him without putting my siblings in danger." Sirius said quietly. His hands moved towards his shirt. Kenshin tensed holding his breath.

He released it soon after. 'It's just paper. Nothing more.'

"I ask you, Himura-san," Sirius continued as he started folding the paper with lightning speed. Kenshin watched in awe as a tiny form took shape, "to watch over my siblings while I take care of this enemy. Once I return, if you will allow it, I wish to reside peacefully here in Tokyo. Will you help me Himura-san?" Sirius asked holding out his hand. In it was a small origami person, with bright red hair.

Kenshin looked into Sirius's eyes, trying to bore through thier green depths and into his soul. Could he truly be willing to give up his sword? Was one more death worth the promise that he would never kill again? 'I believe him. I can see it in his eyes, he wishes for peace just as I do.' Kenshin thought. " I will help you Sirius-san," he said taking the paper figure. "I don't condone killing, but I will protect you family." Kenshin agreed.

Suddenly there was amuffled cry of pain as Karou yelled "I do not look like an origami snake Yahiko!" Kenshin smiled, "I'm sure your family will fit right in."

"Thank you Himura-san. I shall bring them to your dojo in the morning."

"That's fine." Kenshin nodded as he prepared to leave. "I'll see you then." They bowed and went back to the stand.

"What's ging on Kenshin?" Yahiko asked rubbing a big bump on his head.

"We need to go and prepare the dojo." Kenshin told them.

"Prepare for what?" Karou asked, worry showing in her eyes.

"Guests." Kenshin said flashing his best ruruoni smile.

"What?! Guests?! What are you talking about? How could you scare me like that?" Karou screeched as they walked away.

"I hope things go weel for you Himura-san, knowing my siblings you are about to enter the greatest battle of your life." Sirius said quietly.