Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Soon As Forever is Through ❯ 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Soon as Forever is through 2

Standard disclaimer applies.

Misao entered the temple,carrying some incense sticks with Aoshi. It had taken them awhile to reach the temple because of the necessary rituals to be done at home. Aoshi did the kamidana-fuji (enclosing of the household shrine),while Misao had done the Makura-kazari (decoration of the dead person's bedside) and the Kakejiku (hanging picture of Buddha in the aclove).

Then they still had to go get into their Mofuku (mourning dress).Misao had worn a white silk kimono as a sign of her mourning,while Aoshi donned a solid black haori and hakama. After that they were finally on their way to the temple where Okina's body is lain .

By the time they arrived,the Oniwabashuu did all the necessary preparations for Okina,namely the calling of the Shinto priest to chant the Sutra,the clothing of Okina in preparation of his journey in eternity,the wreath and floral arrangements. Everything was already taken care of. The Kenshingumi were also there,and heck,even SAITO was there with Tokio.

Misao immediately went to the coffin and laid her incense offering to Okina ,then proceeded to the altar to offer her other offerings to Kami. After that,she sat down with Kaorou and Megumi while Aoshi sat with the rest of the men.

Megumi patted Misao's hand after a few minutes of silence between the three women. "How are you holding up?" the pretty doctor asked in a low voice. "Megumi-san,it was horrible."Misao whispered. "At least Okina's suffering has ended Misao,you have to look at it that way."Kaorou consoled her.

They all fell quiet when the Shinto priest entered to begin the sutra chant for the deceased.

After the ceremony,Misao and Okon paid the priest and thanked him.

When Misao came back to her seat,Megumi and Kaorou asked her to go outside with them.

Before she could even reach the temple doors,Aoshi called out to her .

"Misao."

"Hai,Aoshi-sama?"

"Where are you going?"

"Anou,Megumi-san and Kaorou-san wanted to talk outside."

"Don't be long."

"Hai."

When they were on the temple gardens,Misao blew out her cheeks in frustration.

"I have to get married in two months,you know." she said.

"NANI?!!" Megumi and Kaorou chorused.

"About time,girl. You should know the joy Sano and I feel,the same with Kenshin and Kaorou." Megumi said,fox ears appearing again.

"Yes,it's true Misao-chan.Kenshin and I are expecting our first child!!!" Kaorou giggled.

"Demo,Megumi-san. But where is your child?" Misao asked.

"I left him in Kyoto with the maid."Megumi said loftily.

"YOU HAVE A MAID?!!" Misao asked incredulously.

"Of course,being a doctor is a financially rewarding job. Very rewarding.Ohohoho!!!!"Megumi laughed again.

"You see all of this was Jiya's request on his deathbed. He asked Aoshi first,but I wasn't home yet. By the time I came home,Aoshi had already consented and I simply couldn't refuse Jiya!"Misao explained.

"Well,consider this as a dream come true. You LOVE Aoshi don't you?"Kaorou asked with an arched eyebrow.

"H--Hai."

"Sugoi."Megumi said with a toss of her beautiful hair,as if considering the subject closed.

"By the way,do you guys already have a place to stay? The Aoiya is always open for you all." Misao offered genorously.

"Domo arigato!We all immediately rushed here when we heard the news,that we didn't even bother to look for an inn! Thank you so much Misao!" Kaorou said.

"Why don't we all get inside now.The others might be wondering where we are." Megumi suggested.

************************************************************* **********************************

(SUNSET)

Misao and the Kenshingumi went back to the Aoiya while the rest of the Oniwabashuu chose to remain in the temple. In fact they insisted that Kaorou should go get some rest because of her pregnancy and Megumi agreed that it's not healthy for a pregnant woman not to get enough rest.

When they reached the Aoiya and after Misao appointed them to their rooms,Kenshin offered to cook dinner. Saito went out in the courtyard to have some smokes,while Tokio decided to take Misao aside to talk to her privately.

"Misao-chan.Do you mind if I talk to you alone?"Tokio asked her.

"No!Not at all Tokio-san!"Misao said.

"We haven't got to talk in the temple this morning. I would like to offer you my deepest condolences to what happened to your grandfather."

"Arigatogozaimasu Tokio-san."Misao said bowing low.

"And I would like to be the first to congratulate you on your upcoming wedding."

"Nani?! How did you know?" Misao exclaimed.

"Aoshi told the other men during the wake,while you and the other ladies went out. Misao-chan, Aoshi loves you so much, Saito told me himself. Aoshi couldn't hide it from everyone that he's so proud that he will be marrying you. Have you talked yet?"Tokio asked in a gentle inquiring voice.

"Iie. We talked the first night of Jiya's wake,but it wasn't much."

"Misao,be proud. You'll be marrying a fine man." Tokio smiled at her.

Well,that's part 2 minna!!!!

PUH-LEEZZZEE!!!!! REVIEW!!!!!!!