Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Soon As Forever is Through ❯ 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SOON AS FOREVER IS THROUGH 3

author's notes:
i would like to apologize to the people who kept on sending emails demanding for chapter 3. there were a lot of things that came between me and writing the third chapter.first,there were my final exams in premed and damn,were they hard! next,i suffered from writer's block. and the last one was that i spent a lot of time in the mall cuz it's really so damn hot in the summer!!!!

okies,i'm done blabbing.

Standard disclaimer applies.

Kenshin smiled as he inhaled the stir-fried vegetables on the wok. Sano was lounging at the kitchen working table,thinking pensively while chewing on the ever present fishbone.

"I wonder how Aoshi and Misao will be when they get married.After all they're the last ones to tie the knot in the gang." Sano mumbled.

"Yeah, but I think Misao will be a wonderful wife." Kenshin said,while preparing the table. "Sano,could you please call everyone in here?"

Sano stuck his head out the door and yelled "DINNER'S READY!"

Meanwhile outside in the garden....

Tokio saw Aoshi walking behind Misao and was about to greet Aoshi ,but she saw him gesture that she keep quiet .

"Misao-chan,I think Sanosuke-san's calling us for dinner now.I'll just go call my Wolf." Tokio said with an evil smirk.

Misao was about to go into the house when someone held her arm back. She was about to give whoever it was a piece of her mind for creeping behind her,but too bad for her because whoever-it- was covered her eyes.

"HEY!" Misao yelled.

"Let's go in,dinner's served." Aoshi said to her before entering the house.

What the hell is happening to Aoshi-sama? Misao thought as she walked down the hallways of Aoiya toward the dining room.

As usual Saito was insulting Sano,while Kenshin and Aoshi were making polite conversation.

"So tell me Sanosuke,how do you expect your son to grow up respectfully if you don't even behave yourself?" Saito asked Sano with a smirk.

"Damare Saito no baka.We're in front of the food,behave yourself . " Tokio said narrowing her eyes at Saito.

Saito shut up.

"So,I thought no one could own Mibu's wolf eh? Oh,let me rephrase the question! Mibu's wolf is scared of his wife!" Sano said with a smirk.

"If you don't shut up Sano,you'll be sleeping outside tonight!"Megumi warned him.

"Shuting up." Sano said.

It was Saito's turn to smirk insultingly.

"Aoshi,how come you and your bride-to-be don't talk?" Tokio asked Aoshi with a raised eyebrow.

Misao blushed furiously while Aoshi looked down at his plate .

"Honestly Aoshi!I think the two of you should talk about the wedding ceremonies!" Tokio said in a motherlike tone.

"Tokio-san,Misao still has other things to take care of,such as Okina's funeral which happens the day after tomorrow."Aoshi said in a cool voice.

"I see,well I'm not taking no for an answer but,since Misao-chan has no mother and I don't have any child of my own, I'll be acting as a trainor for Misao on how to act like a housewife. While,Saito here will take Aoshi back in Tokyo with us and they will only return here a week before the wedding.Do I make myself clear?" Tokio asked after explaining.

Misao turned pale at the thought of being separated from Aoshi,while Aoshi as usual gave no reaction.

"H-hai."she stuttered.

"Very well,it's settled then."Tokio said satisfied.

After dinner,Megumi and Misao cleared the table and were washing the dishes in the kitchen when Megumi noticed that Misao was really quiet.

"You know it's not really that bad.You would thank Tokio-san later on for what she's going to do,considering that you really didn't have any training in housework."Megumi said.

"Megumi-san I'm not scared of being away from Aoshi-sama.It's Tokio's training that I've been thinking about. I mean,even Saito is scared of her.What if I don't meet up with her standards? What if-" Misao was cut off by Megumi.

"What if you succeed? What if everything will be alright?"Megumi asked Misao,putting a hand on Misao's shoulder.

"I hope you're right Megumi-san."

"Everything will be alright Misao."

Around midnight........

Misao quietly slid the door of her room open,she could not sleep. Quietly she made her way from the hall to the garden outside. She perched on the elevated part of the house and leaned against a post.

"Beautiful night,isn't it?"

Misao jolted up at the sound of someone beside her.

"A-aaoshi-sama! What are you doing here?"

"I heard you walking down the hall,surely you underestimated the Okashira?"Aoshi asked with a smug look on his face.

"Oh."

"Was that all you could say Misao?"

Misao just sighed and stared up at the half moon.

"The day after tomorrow,Okina's going to be cremated.Three days after that Saito and the others will leave together with me."Aoshi said.

Misao didn't say anything.

"I hope that when I come back to marry you,you will be a good housewife Misao-mine."

"Nani?! I was never yours!"Misao exclaimed. You didn't do anything to make me yours,she thought.

"Misao,look at me."Aoshi said,putting a hand on her chin,and gently tilting her face up. "I'm going to miss you when I'm in Tokyo."

With that Aoshi kissed Misao possessively.

When they drew apart Aoshi asked Misao,"What was that you were telling me a while ago?"

Misao's face was beet red under the pale moonlight. Aoshi touched the side of her face gently and said "I think you should go back to bed."

"H-hai.Oyasumi Aoshi-sama."

"Oyasumi Misao-mine."

Misao walked down the hall in a very demure manner because she knows that Aoshi won't go to his room unless she went inside her room first.As soon as she slid her door closed,her weaselness came to the surface and she hugged her pillow and giggled crazily.

"Hee hee,Aoshi kissed me!Hee hee!!! He called me HIS! Hee hee!"