Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Switching Places ❯ The Switch ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer of all Rurouni Kenshin characters accept for Akai. I wish I wasn't but it's cool that I can write stories about. I love fanfics. (tear). So enjoy and if you have anything to say just review tell me if you hate it, like it, whatever you think is fine. Have fun! ^_^

*~The Switch~*

One hot spring afternoon when the sun began to pop out from behind the color painted river the Kamiya Kasshin Dojo was unusually quite. It might have been because everyone was still asleep. Kaoru slowly opened her eyes squinting from the sun glaze that was blinding her sensitive eyes. "Stupid sun." She mumbled as she stumbled from her futon covering her eyes with her arm. She walked to her vanity to brush her loose falling hair. "Maybe I should do my hair different since it's so hot today." She took out two pins from her jewelry box and moving her wrists really quick her hair was done in a famous Japanese bun letting her bangs fall loose. "There that should do it. Now what to wear?" She went to her closet and pulled the wooden doors open. There were many of colorful kimonos and a ribbon for each one in a draw on the left with her sandals. "Hmm, lets see. Should I wear the blue one or maybe the yellow one? I think that the blue one will do just fine." She pulled it out of the closet. It was a midnight blue that brought out her eyes and it had flowers that cluttered all over. She put it on tugging at the obi making it tight and tying her favorite ribbon under the pins. "That should do it." She said modeling in front of her mirror then slipping on her sandals. She walked out of the room before nearly tripping over herself. "Oh no what time is it?" She panicked remembering that the sun was already up and it was really bright and hot outside.

"No ones up and it's already noon. Well they'll just wait and see what they'll get for sleeping in when there's still a lot to be done around her." She stomped through the dojo right toward Kenshin's room. She stopped at his door before knocking. "I just don't get it he's usually the first one up." Then she knocked softly. No answer, she knocked again but harder. Still no answer, she was getting inpatient so she slid it open. Kenshin was sprawled out across the bed with only his hakama on and his hair was cascaded around his lean body. Kaoru gasped at the sight she was seeing. "He's so beautiful." She thought drooling over the sight. She realized what she was doing then quickly shut her mouth wiping it off and standing up straight. "I don't think that I should bother him." She whispered then began to tip toe near the door, but she stopped when she heard a voice. "Where are you going all of a sudden?" "Oh no Kenshin's up and I'm in his room, damn it I'm so dumb I knew I should have just waited for him to get up." She slowly turned around to look Kenshin in the eyes. He was even better looking when he was awake. His hair now was flowing over his chest; his purple eyes glistened in the light as he leaned on his arm. "I…I was just chec…checking to see if you were awake. And I see that you are so I'll be going now so you can get dressed."

Sweat began to role down her face and her body temperature was rising. "I don't mind. I know I'm supposed to be up but Sano took me out last night and I think I drank to much or something because my head is hurting." "Do you think you need to go see Megumi?" "No, I'll be fine as long as you stay here with me." Kaoru's cheeks started to burn turning her face a deep shade of red. She moved to Kenshin's futon and sat down. She moved her body a little to get comfortable. Kenshin moaned lifting his hands and grabbing his head rocking back and forth. Kaoru was beginning to get scared. "Kenshin are you sure you're ok?" She grabbed his shoulders to calm him. "I…I'm fine." "Well I don't think you are." "Please Kaoru-dono I do not wish to go to the doctor." He wrapped his arms around Kaoru hugging her tightly. Kaoru let go of her grip on him and let her arms fall to the futon. Tears began to role down her face staining her cheeks. "Kaoru-dono please don't cry sessah will be alright its just a headache I'm sure it will go away." Kaoru pulled away shaking her head. "That's what you said before but was it a headache no it was worse and you barley made it, I don't want you to go away." More tears flowed down her face. "Kaoru-dono I'm not going anywhere as long as you, Sano, Yahiko, Megumi and the others are here I have nowhere else to go but here." He smeared away her tears with his thumb. "Just don't scare me like that again Kenshin, ok?" "Ok." "Now you better get up and get dressed before everyone else does and finds out that you didn't fix lunch yet." "Ok Kaoru-dono."

She slightly smiled at him then disappeared from his sight. "Kaoru-dono how sessah wishes to tell you something but is to afraid." His thought getting up and throwing on his old pink gi then pulling his hair back into his usual low ponytail.

Stepping out of his room he heard a familiar voice. "Sano must be wondering where lunch is. I swear that guy can eat." Kenshin let out a soft laugh. Sano noticed the red hair Rurouni stepping out of the shadow and ran over to him. "Yo what's up Kenshin!" He beamed slapping Kenshin on the back sending him flying threw the air crashing into a wall. "What was that?" Said a tired Yahiko rubbing his eyes to adjust what happened. "That was one of Kenshin's new techniques." Sano said trying to hold in the laughing. "Wow. Kenshin sure can fly!" "Yea, and all this time I thought that he was just a powerless hobo, I guess I was wrong." Sano and Yahiko began to bust out laughing. "Powerless hobo, good one Sano." Yahiko clutched his stomach; it was starting to hurt from laughing so hard. "Yea I know it was." Sano fell to the ground still laughing. "Stop laughing at poor Kenshin." Kaoru yelled at them running to Kenshin's aid. "Jo-chan is in love how sweet." Sano chimed. Yahiko's laughter grew even louder. "Shut up the both of you can't you see that Kenshin is hurt and no I'm not in love!" "He's not hurt he's just unconscious." Sano couldn't resist. "I really hate you guys!" Kaoru cried turning to a swirly eyed Kenshin. "Kenshin please say something." She lifted his head. "Oro" was all that came out. She started to shake him trying to put sense back into to him. "Kaoru-dono what lovely eyes you have." Kenshin said bobbing his head. Yahiko and Sano stopped laughing then started again. Kaoru blushed. "You guys be serious Kenshin could be badly hurt and with that headache he had it must have gotten worse." "Ok, ok, You heard her Yahiko be serious." "What you be serious I'm having to much fun." "Please Sano!" "Fine Jo-chan if it really means that much to you." "Thanks." "So what do we do now?" "I'm not sure Sano. I guess we just wait for him to wake up." "Ok." (Two hours later) "Or maybe we should take him out in the sun and hopefully he'll get to hot and wake up." "Right." Sano picked Kenshin up and moved him outside. "Lets lay him over by the clothes." Sano laid Kenshin down. "Now what?" "We just wait some more." "Fine." Sano said falling to the ground. "This is going to take awhile."

**********

In a nearby tree

A mysterious woman named Akai sat in a tree staring down at the three. She was very pretty her long black hair settled on her back and she wore a bright pink kimono that shined in the sun. "I think it's time to do my magic." She spoke. Then she pulled out a small bag from her obi and pulled out a bit of powder. "This should do it, they will switch places and figure out that they really do love each other and then confess. But if they don't then they will have to stay like that forever." She grinned then blew the powder from her palm. The dust floated over their heads then settled down into them. She watched as their spirits except Sano's lift from their bodies and switched around. Kaoru collapsed to the ground.