Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Hate or To Forgive ❯ chapter 6 why dont you trust her? ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Antica: I'm back with a new update
Battousai: damn Antica you are really slow in your updates now
Antica: welll so-ry, I was really busy with college and I don't have enough time to update geez at least try to have some patients like my reader
Battousai: that is a stupid excuse, ditch college and keep writing
Kaoru: Kenshin please college is really important to Antica please have patients with her
Battousai: ok I'll wait, for you
Kaoru blushes
Antica: alright lovebirds you can stop now and continue the story
 
 
 
 
Chapter 6 why don't you trust her?
Kenshin eyes widened when he felt Kaoru's lips against hers, his body tensed up but soon relaxed as he began to respond to the kiss while wrapping both arms around her waist.
 
What the hell……Kaoru is actually kissing…… me…..god her lips are so soft and she tastes ……wow, I cant describe it…..I wonder if she tastes just as sweet from the inside……Kenshin you baka…stop thinking those pervert thoughts” Kenshin thought as he withdrew from the kiss
 
He opened his eyes, his fierce amber eyes were replaced with soft violet ones, he looked at Kaoru, only to stare into her beautiful blue pools, her face was beat red with embarrassment, he simply smiled at her before turning towards the drunks.
“Are you satisfied? Now leave before I loose my temper” Kenshin threatened.
The drunks simply turned around and walked towards the tea house and grabbed more bottles of sake.
 
Kaoru looked up at Kenshin, he was still staring at the drunks' direction to make sure that they don't return to bother them again; she noticed that his arms were still wrapped around her waist; she blushed as she felt his warmth against her body.
“Kenshin” she whispered looking at his face.
“Come on Miss Kaoru…..it's getting late, we should get you home” he said as he loosened his arms around her and picked up the bags on the floor before grabbing her hand and leading towards the ambassadors house.
 
Neither Kenshin nor Kaoru got any sleep that night, they were both thinking about that kiss, how it felt right even though they don't know much about each other, it still felt right, however they were both confused, was the kiss only to drive the drunks away or was there something else, something more powerful
 
 
Kaoru woke up really late the next day, she took her time in getting dressed in a pink kimono with indigo flowers on the edges, and she tried her hair in her usual pony tail using the indigo ribbon she bought the other day.
 
She came out of her room and headed towards Kenshin's room.
“Kenshin” she called as she made to his door.
No answer
“Kenshin are you in there?” she asked
Still no answer
“Kenshin…I'm coming in” she said as she slid the door open.
The room was empty…..his futon was rolled away and Kenshin was no ware to be found in it.
Where could he be? Did I…..did I chase him away with what I did yesterday? Oh please Kenshin don't be gone” Kaoru began to panic as she made her way towards the dinning room. Nothing
Where is he? He couldn't have felt could he?” she thought as her feet carried her towards the garden.
When she got there, she heard a sword being swung; she walked towards it and saw Kenshin swinging his swinging his sword at imaginary opponents shirtless. She couldn't help but stare at his rib muscles and abs, he was indeed very handsome.
 
Kenshin easily swung his sword left and right, it has been a long time since he has practiced. He suddenly felt a presence behind him; he stopped and turned around to find Kaoru staring at him.
“Miss Kaoru” he spoke
“I'm sorry I didn't mean to interrupt” she apologized.
“Miss Kaoru why are you crying?” he asked as he walked towards her.
Kaoru gasped as she suddenly realized that tears were indeed coming out of her eyes, she quickly wiped them away and smiled.
“It's nothing Kenshin,” she said
“It has to be something other wise you wouldn't be crying” he said sheathing his sword.
“I'm fine…..really I just” she said looking down
“Miss Kaoru, do you trust me?” he asked as he made his way in front of her and placed his hands on her shoulder.
“Yes” she whispered not raising her gaze from the ground.
“Then tell me what is bothering you?” he asked
“Well……I thought……I thought that maybe you left and that I was alone again” she said.
“Why would I do that Miss Kaoru?” he asked.
“Well……maybe because of what I did yesterday? when one of the drunks challenged you……I didn't want you to kill anyone…even though they deserved it, I just cant bear to see you take something as precious as a life so I……did what I did yesterday and maybe you felt awkward, or embarrassed or mad and left” she explained
“she doesn't want anyone to get killed because of her, nor does she want me to do something as horrible as killing……she shows kindness to every one, even people who treated her wrongly…..she also feels guilty that she offended me with that kiss” he thought as he tiled her head so that he could see her eyes.
“Miss Kaoru, I would have never leave, I will always be by your side and I will always protect you” he said smiling.
“But Kenshin” she wanted to say more but he silenced her by placing a finger on her lips.
“I know what you want to say…..and I understand, you only did what you did because it was the only way, that the drunks will leave you alone without having them dead….and I don't want you to feel that you have done something wrong by kissing me….I am really not mad about it” he explained smiling at her.
Kaoru simply smiled back.
 
“Miss Kaoru would you like to spar with me?” he asked.
“Nani”
“I want to know how much you have taught yourself, come on I'll wait for you here until you get ready” he said letting go of her shoulders and letting his hands fall to his side.
“Alright Kenshin” she said as she turned around and headed toward her room
“I'm glad Kenshin understood why I kissed him…..but this that the only reason why I kissed him….did I want to kiss him? I am so confused…….Mou Kaoru just forget about it, Kenshin said not to worry about it” she thought as she wore her training gi and headed back towards Kenshin.
She found Kenshin standing where she left him, hi held two bokkens in his hands; he turned around and threw one at Kaoru who easily caught it then stood in a fighting position.
“Don't hold back on me” she said.
“Alright, now come on, attack me” he said
Kaoru ran towards him and swung her bokken, he dodged it and swung his own bokken slowly, he really didn't want to go hard on Kaoru, he would give her the first battle, she blocked it with the her own. Their battle continued for 10 minutes before Kenshin let his guard down and let Kaoru poke her bokken in his stomach.
“Looks like you won Miss Kaoru, you have a real talent for this” he complimented
He expected her to blush and thank him but instead she swung her bokken and hit his head hard.
“Ow what was that for?” Kenshin asked running his head.
“Kenshin, you baka you let me win, I told you not to hold back on me” he yelled and turned away from him crossing her arms.
Great now I done it” Kenshin said mentally kicking himself as he stood up.
“I'm sorry Miss Kaoru, will you forgive me” he asked.
“Maybe” she said not turning around.
“Please” he pleaded as he placed his hands on here shoulder, which made Kaoru gasp, she turned around to look at his pleading eyes.
Oh my god…..he looks so kawaii when he does that” she thought smiling at him.
“How can I not forgive you” she said “but don't let it happen again”
“Okay” he said.
 
“Kenshin I would like a word with you” a voice behind them said.
Kenshin and Kaoru turned around to see the ambassador standing a few feet from them, Kenshin growled under his throat while Kaoru simply bowed in respect.
“Good morning sir” she said.
Why does she keep calling him sir, isn't he her father?” Kenshin thought.
The ambassador ignored Kaoru and looked at Kenshin.
“Follow me Kenshin” he said as he turned and walked away.
“I'll be right back miss Kaoru” Kenshin said walking towards the room that the ambassador went in, leaving a sad maiden behind.
 
Before he could enter a servant asked him to leave his sword behind according to the rules, Kenshin cursed under his breath as he left his sword behind, another chance of him killing the ambassador has been swept away.
When he entered the room, he saw the ambassador going through on of his drawers looking for something.
“You wanted to talk to me sir” Kenshin spoke
“Yes Kenshin, here” the ambassador said as he threw a small pouch at him
“It's your monthly pay” he continued as Kenshin caught the pouch
“Thank you sir” Kenshin said as he stuffed the pouch in his sleeve.
“You know, you never reported anything about my daughter's actions in the past month, has she done anything to dishonor me?”
“No sir, she hasn't”
“hmmmm……well keep an eye on her, she is bound to try something sooner or later”
“Sir, if it's not to bold to ask, why don't you trust her? I mean she is your daughter after all” Kenshin asked hoping to get an explanation to why her father treats her like he does.
The ambassador fell silent for a moment before he decided to speak
“Do you know the expression, like mother like daughter?”
“I don't understand” Kenshin said what does her mother has to do with anything”
“my marriage to Kaoru's mother was an arranged one by our parents, I treated her with respect and love and after a year of our marriage, my wife gave birth to Kaoru and I was overjoyed, but after a month I found out that she ran away with a stable boy and left me and Kaoru alone” the ambassador said
Kenshin was taken back by the fact that Kaoru's father was hurt after treating his wife with respect.
Maybe he isn't such a heartless bastered like I thought he was” thought Kenshin
“What did you do? Where is Kaoru's mother now?” Kenshin asked
“I tracked her and her lover down like the dogs they are and killed them”
“I should have known, once a bastard always a bastered” Kenshin thought.
“Kaoru has a lot of her mother's qualities and I refuse to let my name go to shame because of my stupid daughter” the ambassador finished.
Kenshin's blood was boiling as his eyes were starting to change to amber; no one insults his Kaoru like that and gets away with it.
“Wait a minute…..my Kaoru, since when did she become mine?” Kenshin thought
“Is that the reason she calls you sir?” Kenshin asked.
“That partly the reason….another reason I make her call me that is because I see it as a kind of weakness if she calls me father and I feel like a weakling” answered the ambassador.
“He's a bastered and an idiot” Kenshin thought as he felt sick in the stomach
“Kenshin how is your relationship with my daughter?” the ambassador asked while narrowing his eyes.
“Oh hell…. I think he suspects me to have a relationship with Kaoru” thought Kenshin
“We are merely friends sir, nothing more nothing less” Kenshin answered, he didn't know why but he felt something tug his heart when he said it
The ambassador's eyes were still narrowed as he still stared at Kenshin suspiciously, somehow he wasn't convinced by his answer but he let it pass
“You may go now” the ambassador said as he sat on one of the chairs and began to drink his glass of sake.
Kenshin pushed his anger aside as he stormed out of the room grabbing his sword and going towards the stables and grabbed a horse, then went galloping off.
 
 
Antica: that's it for chapter six
Kaoru: that's it?
Antica: ya I wanna leave the readers in suspense
Kenshin: antica-dono what will I do?
Antica: you'll see
Kaoru: I can't believe my father links of me that way
Antica: I know, but more of your past will be revealed
Kaoru: there's more?
Antica: yes and I will reveal them in the next chapters so readers please review
 
 
Reader's response:
 
Angel of lonelyness: thanks for the review, you're so sweet
 
Kanai: thanks for the review I really appreciate it. About Kaoru's relationship with her father: even though Kaoru's dad is a jerk but she still loves him and Kenshin really cares for Kaoru but he loved his sister I mean he cant let that bastered live after he took Tomoe life away and Kenshin wont let his sister's death be un avenged
 
Patience Halliwell: its okay you can take your time reviewing and thanks for the little suggestion about Kaoru's mom I used it in this chapter. Thank you for understanding why I didn't update sooner. More Kenshin and Kaoru moments to come
 
Green Animelover: thanks for reviewing sorry for not letting Kenshin deepen the kiss it's because I think it's too early for a deep kiss but don't worry they will get a deep passionate kiss in the next chapters
 
raven of balck magic: lol I know how you feel, I have annoying siblings too and I sleep in the cafeteria and I am swamped with homework. Thanks for understanding why I didn't update sooner you are really sweet I love you. And to answer your question about Battousai always wanting to ravish Kaoru, I think that Battousai is an impatient possessive pervert (I'm not a Battousai basher I love Battousai) and I think that every man has a pervert side and that Battousai is Kenshin's pervert side ( I repeat I am a Battousai fan) and I like to tease him by saying that Kaoru wont kiss him, I guess I over did it, thanks again for the review
 
CuteandPetite: thanks for the review and no he only suspects Kenshin and Kaoru's relationship but he will not find out about the kiss (although they will share more than one kiss :P)
 
Goddess -Princess-Serenity: thank you for the review, it's alright if the review is short I am flattered that you at least had the time to review, I know we are all busy theses days lol. Thank you for that sweet remark I didn't think my story was that good you are so sweet I love you *blush*
 
 
Please review and I will try to update soon
Antica ^_^