Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ To Reveal All ❯ Revealing Anger ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

To Reveal All
Chapter 3: Revealing Anger
By steelphoenix
 
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Rurouni Kenshin, or any of its characters.
Author's Notes: Chapter 3. Well, the plot has gone somewhat strange on me. I had it all planned out, but then Chapter 2 appeared and warped itself into Kenshin going Battousai, way before I had planned it. Meh… just have to rework the plot plan a bit… /sweatdrops/
Anyway, this chapter contains lime. This is description of a sexual scene. If you don't want to read this, then skip that bit of the story. Otherwise… read on! You have been warned!
Thanks for the reviews! They're so encouraging! I love you all! /glomps startled reviewers/ But seriously… I know there's more than ten of you reading this fic! Please… Talk to me! Even if you want to tell me you don't really like the fic. I don't take kindly to flames, but if that's all you have to say, /winces/ then say it!
However, that said, I have the nasty feeling that I'm going to be flamed for this chapter… Read on…
Language Notes: In the first scene, Kaoru's counting: “One! Two! Three!”.
The Ryutsuisen (Dragon Hammer Flash) and Ryusonsen (Dragon Nest Flash) are best seen in the anime. I invented Kaoru's attack, Yaibasukou: its name means `Blade-Nest Attack'. It's derived from `yaiba', meaning `blade/sword', `su', meaning `nest', and `moukou', meaning `fierce attack'. I'm sorry if I'm munting Japanese here, but I… er… wanted to try it out… sorry if it's wrong! Gomen nasai!
A haori is a man's coat, nagajuban is the undergarment worn beneath a kimono, and a yukata is a summer kimono.
With currency, one ryo was… a lot! I haven't found the exact equivalents, but for example, a maidservant earned one ryo a month (as well as food and board).
Battousai makes brief appearance in this chapter. Rurouni's thoughts are in italics, and Battousai's thoughts are in italic and bold. This is simply to distinguish between them.
Warnings: PG-13 for sexual situations/scenes. Violence in later chapters. No language warnings.
 
 
The early morning was clear and calm, the sun just up. The pink rays of dawn hadn't yet penetrated to the entertainment house's back courtyard, but there was still a figure in combat stance on its cold pavings.
“Ichi! Ni! San!” Kaoru swung her shinai up and down. Strikes hit the dummy from left, right and centre, making it swing from the makeshift frame Kaoru had hung it from. Its swinging didn't cause Kaoru to miss any hits, though. Adjusting her rhythm and strokes, she hit each point she wanted to, dead-on.
Sweat dripped off the end of her nose, and her arms were starting to hurt. It was time for the last strikes. Springing off the ground, Kaoru was above the dummy's head in the blink of an eye. As she came down, seven strikes hit: On the top of the head, each ear, each shoulder, across the chest, and across the back.
Kaoru landed in a fighting crouch with a light thud. As she began rising from her position, a hand tapped her on the shoulder. Without even thinking, Kaoru spun, and delivered a spectacular hit across the chest of her `attacker'.
“Oro!”
Kenshin's eyes went swirly, and with a clang, he hit the dust. “Oops.” Kaoru dropped the shinai, and knelt by her fallen friend.
“Ooh, you have been practising, Kaoru-dono. That strike was very hard, that it was!” Kenshin said, as Kaoru helped him to his feet.
“What're you doing here so early, Kenshin?”
“This one came to apologise for the trouble last night,” Kenshin said, ducking his head.
“You mean what happened after I sang that song?”
“Yes, this one was ashamed of that, and felt that it might scare you,” Kenshin answered. “You have not seen that happen to this one, that you have not.”
“You mean when you turned into the Battousai.” Kaoru's tone was almost accusing, and strangely disappointed. If only he'd trusted me
An awkward, stilted silence fell. Kenshin was refusing to look at Kaoru, and an angry, troubled look was firmly seated on his face.
“Why didn't you tell me?”
“It is best for knowledge such as that to be concealed.” Kenshin's voice was taut and angry. He turned and walked a few steps, facing away from Kaoru. There was no way she could see his face, but that tone said all that it needed to.
“But even if it only shows when you're angry, I would've seen sooner or later.”
“Some knowledge is best left concealed.” Kenshin's attitude brooked no argument. Kaoru knew that this discussion was at an end.
Quiet reigned as both parties stood, lost for words, for the next thing to say.
Eventually Kaoru broke the silence.
“So, Kenshin, what did you think of my sword practice?”
“It was impressive, that it was, Kaoru-dono. An interesting combination of strikes, that last set.” Kenshin took up the topic, turning to look at Kaoru again, forcing his face in its usual cheerful expression. Kaoru inwardly sighed, relieved.
“It is the final set of blows to down any opponent. Even if they are still standing, when those blows hit, they will be knocked down, if not unconscious.”
“A little like the Ryutsuisen of the Hiten Mitsurugi Style, the head hit was,” said Kenshin, a thoughtful look on his face. “Though not as powerful, of course.”
“No. The Ryutsuisen is a single attack, where the Yaibasukou is for a series of hits.”
“It is a little like the Hiten Mitsurugi's Ryusonsen in that way, that it is.”
Kaoru smiled. She had seen Kenshin practising the Ryusonsen once. There was no way she could have even half the speed or strike power that Kenshin did. He had at least three hits in his Ryusonsen to one in her Yaibasukou.
Kenshin's next question threw everything she had been thinking into disarray.
“Kaoru-dono, would you like to be a master or instructor at our dojo? We are in need of another teacher, and you are the best swordswoman this one has seen in a long while, that you are.”
Kaoru's eyes snapped to Kenshin's. There was no smile on his face. He was serious. “You're serious?”
Kenshin's only answer was a single nod, and a gentle smile.
“I need time to think, Kenshin. This is… a shock…” Possibilities swirled through Kaoru's head. I could end being a geisha, which I never really liked, was Kaoru's first thought. Yahiko wouldn't have to be a kitchen boy any more. We'd be independent.
“But a good one?” Kenshin walked over to his friend, smiling happily at her shocked expression, and laid his hand on her shoulder.
“Oh, yes!” Kaoru laughed, and impulsively hugged Kenshin, glad of an excuse to get close. He `oro'ed at her tight clutch, and she let go, grinning at his surprise.
But geishas are only let go for marriage… Kaoru's sensible side prodded her conscience.
Then she calmed, her excitement damped by the sudden surge of reality. “I'm not sure the okiya would let me go. And I'm not sure I should go, anyway. I have duties to think of.”
“How about I come back tonight, or tomorrow, and ask then?” Kenshin asked, looking down on the top of Kaoru's head.
Kaoru let go of Kenshin, and walked over to where she had dropped her shinai, trying to think what was best. Picking it up, she swung it gently. “Yes. Tomorrow night. I'll have thought long enough, and I'll have asked the okiya's mistress.”
“Then this one shall speak to you then,” smiled Kenshin. “This one hopes you will accept.”
“I'm not sure, Kenshin. I'm not sure.”
 
---
 
Kaoru knelt on the matting of her room, the skirts of her kimono spread around her in a loose fan. Its neckline was loose around her shoulders, and a hint of her thigh showed tantalisingly beneath the blazing blue of the kimono and creamy white of her undergarments.
The lanterns in the room cast an inviting glow that warmed Kaoru's milky skin to gold.
Tilting her head in order to show off the smooth curve of her neck, she tapped twice on the matting. The door slid open, pushed by an attendant, and her danna stepped in.
Sokuya Jubei, Kaoru's danna, was a kind old fellow - at sixty, he had led a full life, and he enjoyed nothing better than the company of a young geisha. Three months ago, he had taken a liking to Kaoru. Negotiations soon began, and within a fortnight, Sokuya was Kaoru's danna. He treated her well, and his gifts were generous. Tonight he had come to the teahouse, and when she offered tea, had waved it aside, instead asking for something `a little stronger'. Kaoru knew immediately what he meant, and had bowed herself out of the room. A rapid trip back to the okiya, and rapid preparation, and before she knew it, Sokuya had arrived.
“Welcome, sir,” said Kaoru, her tone husky and full. A seductive smile on her lips, she beckoned. “Your pleasure awaits.”
“You're always so lovely, and so eager, Kaoru,” smiled Sokuya. “Now, help me with this damned haori.”
Kaoru gave a soft laugh, and rose to aid him in undressing. Sokuya had trouble with one of his arms sometimes - an old wound.
He's nice, but it's a pity he's old. Not at all like what I'd want. Nothing like Kens- Kaoru stopped that train of thought. Why did she always think that when she had to give physical favours to Sokuya?
 
---
 
Kaoru trailed a line of kisses down Sokuya's neck, and rolled him over, so she was on top of him. Her hair, long since let loose, swirled in a curtain around her face as she began to move up and down in steady rhythm. Her danna's hands, clawing at her buttocks, encouraged her to finish the job quickly.
Faster and faster she moved, until she felt his shudders beneath her. It was done, and that was the end of that.
Climbing off, she smiled down at Sokuya, gently stroking his wrinkled stomach. He always seemed to enjoy that. He sighed, his eyes closed, and with a soft snore, he fell asleep. Kaoru dropped the seductive smile, and relaxed.
Rising, she walked to the cupboard, and pulled out a blanket and pillow. She placed the pillow under his head, and the blanket over him, then sat back on her heels.
A brief swish announced the opening of the door. Kaoru, thinking that it was an attendant, began speaking. “He's fallen asleep, so…”
“Kaoru-dono…” Kenshin's voice was somewhere between surprised and angry.
Kaoru turned, and rose, half-forgetting that she was naked. She walked towards her friend. “Kenshin, I didn't expect you this late! I thought you weren't coming, after not seeing you before supper!”
“Kaoru-dono… This one… You…” Kenshin blushed fierily. “You are naked!” Oh, Kaoru-dono… you're beautiful… but…
“Enjoy the view, Kenshin. I won't charge,” smiled Kaoru, but nevertheless turned to the pile of clothes, and pulled on her nagajuban. As she turned back, she could see a dilemma in Kenshin's face. Then one side won, and his expression became hostile.
“How could you sleep with him?!”
“He is my danna, Kenshin…” Kaoru was confused by the anger and possessiveness in Kenshin's voice. “It is his right, he can claim…”
“But he can't! You are mine!”
What?!” Kaoru was shocked by Kenshin's statement. And as much by the phrasing of it as by its content. Kenshin never referred to himself as anything other than `this one'.
And… I am his?! What is he thinking? He's never said anything…
Kaoru could only watch and wonder, helplessly, as Kenshin's face hardened into a battle-expression.
Then his eyes began to change. Kaoru watched in horrified fascination as the violet orbs clouded over, and wisps of orange appeared. Then, with a swirl like the draining of a bath, violet disappeared, and Kenshin's eyes were suddenly a pair of angry amber cat's eyes.
A rasp sounded. Kaoru knew that sound. She had been hearing it since she was a little girl. The rasp of sword on sheath, it sounded in the silence as loud as a roll of thunder.
“No!” Kaoru knew what Kenshin - no, Hitokiri Battousai - was thinking to do. A man had taken his woman, and Battousai would have his revenge.
“Kenshin! Kenshin! Listen to me!”
Battousai shot a poisonous look at Kaoru. She recoiled. She had never seen such a gaze before, such hate, such… desperation? Yes, he is desperate to avenge his loss… Desperate to kill the violator… Desperate to have me…
“Kenshin! Please!” Kaoru interposed herself between Battousai and her still-sleeping danna. There was no way she could let Kenshin anywhere near Sokuya - he would kill him without a moment's thought.
The rasp of the drawing sword seemed to go on forever, cutting through the still air, a harsh saw. Eventually, with a horribly musical `ting!', it was free. Battousai swung it in his hand, weighing its killing ability.
Think, Kaoru! What can you do? Is there anything you can do? Do something!
Kaoru looked around the room. No weapons. No defence. Nothing.
Do something! Now!
Battousai began moving towards her, in that deadly, purposeful stride.
DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!
A vague idea, a hint of a hint, flickered into Kaoru's mind. Driven by fear and desperation, its seed flowered in an instant.
Kaoru rushed forward.
Battousai lifted his blade.
Pushing the sword to the side, Kaoru grabbed Battousai's head, and pulled him down into a kiss.
Battousai's eyes flickered, sanity intruding on the swirling amber madness.
The sakabato lifted, behind Kaoru's back. Then it dropped, and fell on the floor.
The eyes whirled and set, sane and aware.
What?! I'm awake?
You're not insane anymore, Battousai?! But…
Rurouni… I don't know what to do! The warrior spirit's voice was panicked.
I'll take care of this.
The amber in Kenshin's eyes retreated, and violet took over.
Kenshin pulled Kaoru against him, and began to return the kiss. Kaoru's mouth opened under his, and tongues touched. They began to pull back, but with a glance into the other's eyes, dove back into the depths.
Deep, drowning, and passionate, each gave and took their share of the kiss, pulling the other closer and closer into the embrace.
Kenshin's hands slipped from around Kaoru's shoulders, possessively wrapping around her waist. Kaoru responded, and slipped her hands to his waist also. As they sank to the floor, Kenshin's hands slid lower and lower, until he was caressing the smooth thigh through the now-open nagajuban.
Kaoru moulded herself against his body, running her hands up and down his spine, causing him to arch in towards her. Unconsciously, she lifted one hand, and ran it up the nape of his neck and along the tendons behind his ear. He shivered at the feathery touches.
More needy kisses slipped between their lips. Kenshin tried to pull Kaoru even closer, and she lifted herself into his lap. The abruptly-loosened nagajuban fell off Kaoru's shoulder, and one of Kenshin's hands began climbing towards the tempting expanse of flesh presented.
Suddenly, a rasping snore announced Sokuya's presence. The two snapped away from each other, and looked over at the blanketed shape. Kaoru giggled, and Kenshin grinned in response.
Then Kenshin rose, assisting Kaoru. “Come on. Outside.” Picking up and re-sheathing his sakabato, he pulled her over to the balcony door.
Soon, they were ensconced on the balcony, lit equally by the golden lamps of Kaoru's room and the blue glow of the moon. Kenshin sat, leaning against the wall, and Kaoru lay between his legs, back against his chest, head on his shoulder. After a while, Kenshin broke the comfortable silence.
“Kaoru-dono, this one came to ask if you wished to join our dojo.”
Kaoru sighed, regretful. “I can't, Kenshin. I want to join the dojo, but the house owner won't let any of her geishas go for anything short of marriage, and then only with an enormous payoff.”
“How much?”
“Two thousand ryo.”
Kenshin whistled softly. “That is a lot. The dojo's expenses for a year might add to that. If whole new set of equipment had to be bought, that is.”
“Which is why I'll never be free. There's no way…” Despair filled Kaoru's voice.
Kenshin's arms tightened around her. “This one said it was a lot. However, this one did not say it was too much.”
Kaoru gasped. Is he really saying…?
“Kaoru, please, I am asking you to marry me.”
 
 
Author's Notes: Kekeke… and I leave you hanging. *evil grin* Don't worry, I'll update soon.
Sorry that it's a short chapter, but with so much in it, I couldn't bear to bring in another bit of the storyline.
I owe you all an enormous GOMEN NASAI for inflicting the description of Kaoru with Sokuya upon you… /ducks rotten vegetables/ It was only a paragraph… and I gave you five paragraphs of KxK to make up…
Readers: There is NOTHING you could do to make up for THAT MONSTROSITY OF A PARAGRAPH!!!! /hurl more rotten vegetables/
Nix: /ducks/ I SAID that I'm SORRY! Please don't kill me!
Um, also... /looks embarrassed/ Sorry if it was cheesy, especially in the KxK bits. And the proposal… it didn't work out like I had planned! I swear, this fic writes its own storyline! The plot plan gets amended every time I finish a scene… /sweatdrops/
Never fear, it will all work out in the end! (Or at least, I'm hoping so… /crosses fingers/ /crosses toes, just in case/)
Review! Please! Onegai!
Review Replies:
Just you again, Empress_Koki. Thanks for your comment, and here's the update! Enjoy!