Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ Waiting For The Kiss or Kill ❯ Beach Crabs ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

As if to get rid of a foul thing, or bug that had crept upon her, Kaoru scrambled off of the bike, the scowl upon her face seemingly frozen there. It further deepened as her `captor' gave her an amused glance before walking away. Not knowing what else to do she followed. However, her aggravated attitude seemed to alleviate somewhat as blue orbs began to wander off from the back of a certain red-head's. It began to take in the setting: the sun which brilliantly shone in the sky, the lapping of water, the strange scent of salt upon the breeze.
 
It was at the edge of the sand that she stopped and fully began to take in the scene. A white washed beach, devoid of the debris and remaining imprints of feet in the sand found in normal tourist beaches. Nothing but clear skies, and a brilliant glare reflecting upon the rippling face of water. For a moment she stood, stunned by this atmosphere of tranquility. She thought such a thing could never exist in world of adolescents indulging in nothing but escapades to fight nature-- to tame a mass that was meant to be untamed. It should never have existed in this city filled with tourists and pompous locals who boasted on who had a better tan and or who caught a bigger fish, and which teen was the better surfer. She cursed herself for having allowed herself to be enticed into HIS achingly sweet sense of security and had been so self-indulgent in his scent that she had not even glanced or taken the time to see which turns he took after being captivated by his blasted gift of momentary flight. She twice cursed herself that it had been him that she had been entranced by, if only for a short rides worth of time.
 
But there was nothing she could do now but regret—and hope, for surely she would be able to find her way back; they would have to return her to the school sometime (for god knows she would never allow them to know her home). When they did, she would be sure to ingrain every turn, every street into her head so that she might return to this paradise one day. So, instilling a mental reminder to herself to not forget to make this cognitive map, she scurried to catch up to the gang leader that had brought her here, hoping to alleviate her curiosity. Having for the moment forgotten why she had come because of her mystified trance, she was not timid in the least with her questioning. “How did you find this place?”
 
No answer. He just continued walking in that graceful stride of his. She wondered how a man of such barbaric nature could hold a poise as noble as any gentlemen.
 
“Is this private property?” She lengthened her pace so as to be in front of him. Pivoting on the ball of a foot, she turned to face him, walking backwards. She received a curt nod as reply. He seemed to be searching for something, his entire attention caught in this search, and to have this quest interrupted seemed to irritate him. He sent her a cold glare so as to emphasize his aggravation.
 
She in turn, stepped away, deciding to follow silently behind. `Figures-- only a barbarian like him would sneak upon private property.' She prayed that no one would find her at fault for this moment of trespassing—she could plead innocent if they were found. He seemed to be searching for something, constantly retracing his steps. Eventually, she grew tired of his ambling and simply sat down on the sand, kicking off her shoes and allowing them to delve into the cool moist sand. The tranquility over took her and before she knew it, she had lain upon her back, lids closed so that the sun might warm them. Her last thought was of how nice it was that the thug had brought her here.
 
--
Finally, after relentless searching, Kenshin came upon the crab that he sought. Delivering a swift stomp, he killed it, the slight crunch assuring its death. Distastefully, he picked up its remains, scooping out a bit of its meat with his fingers. With the “delicacy” in his hands, he made his way back to Yun. He paused as he gazed at the boy, a smirk working its way upon his lips. `How cute—he looks even more like a girl when he sleeps.' For a moment, he was almost reluctant to feed the crab to him. However, that notion was quickly cast aside, after all, if Yun didn't do the initiation, he wouldn't be able to join the gang. The thought of a fighter like Yun absent in his gang didn't bode well with the leader, especially since he had started to take a liking to the kid. He had guts. So, to spare himself the struggle, for her had no doubt that Yun would resist, he slipped the piece of meat into Yun's slight parted mouth.
 
At first there was no response, and he could tell that Yun had yet to swallow it. Annoyed, Kenshin crouched beside the boy, using a hand to pinch the sleepers nose closed, and using the other one to clamp the mouth shut. It was only a few moments later that Yun woke, startled, frantic, and unable to breath. Not knowing what else to do, Kaoru swallowed. Satisfied, Kenshin sank back onto his haunches, smirking at him smugly.
 
--
 
I had been having the most wonderful dream when suddenly the scene shifted into a nightmare. I was underwater, and I couldn't breath. Needless to say, I awoke, gasping for air and finding myself unable to get it. At first I thought that perhaps I had slept so long that the tide had overcome me. But then, I felt HIS hands upon my mouth and nose. There was some disgusting substance in mouth, I couldn't figure out what it was and I don't think I wanted to find out. Figuring he was trying to make me swallow it, as this was probably my initiation, I did and he released me. A few moments later, I once again couldn't breath. It felt as if my throat had suddenly closed, I coughed—nothing, soon I was choking, I had the vague feeling that not too long later, my tongue would be swollen. I could dimly feel the frantic shaking of my body; his panicked questioning was faint. Before oblivion overtook me, I think I might have attempted to curse him for feeding me crab of all things (I'm highly allergic to shellfish), but I believe my curse was more of a gargle.
 
--
 
I thought I had gotten the victory. He had swallowed it and would soon be initiated into the gang. That was, until I heard him choking. “Yun? You alright?” He seemed pale, I backed slowly, afraid he might throw up on me. Soon it became apparent that it was from a queasy stomach that he was reacting to. I could tell the signs of an allergic reaction when I saw one, after all, my mother was a doctor. I began to shake him, probably not the smartest of things to do, but at the time, I was scared. Finally, when sense returned, I promptly delivered the Heimlich. Afraid that his throat might close even with the food dislodged, I swept him up in my arms and rushed up to the house. It worried me that he was so light, and I wondered how such a small person could have such a strong punch. Brushing that thought aside, I used my foot to kick at the door. Impatient, I was preparing myself to kick the damned thing down when it opened. It was Sano.
 
 
Sorry it's so short, but I'm sure you'll all be happy that I even updated. Hope you enjoyed, and I promise the next chapter will be longer.