Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ You Had the Chance ❯ Chapter 1: A Memory ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Rurouni Kenshin…. = (
 
Ages.
Kaoru: 22
Kenshin: 25
Battousai: 23
Sano: 23
Shigo: 36
 
You Had the Chance.
Chapter 1: A Memory.
 
 
“You had the chance of being with me” he said aiming the gun at her body, she started trembling with fear.
“You know I don't love you!” she screamed with everything she had.
“We were supposed to be together” he said calmly, pulling the trigger slightly.
“We couldn't!” she said trying to make him understand.
“But you preferred `him' ” he said, his eyes fixed upon her, anger written all over them.
“You don't understand!” she screamed again, tears were streaming all over her face, if he was going to kill her now she knew she would never see “him” again.
“Good bye” he said pulling the trigger at last…
 
0_0 5 years later…
 
Kaoru walked down to her boss's office, she had gotten into a fight again and her boss didn't like that very much. She had punched a new kid for telling her she was just a girl and that she couldn't fight, but oh were they wrong! She was the greatest agent at the Special Agents Department; she had been there for 5 years. She entered her boss's office, and he was there sitting on his leather chair never taking his look of the papers he was writing at that moment.
 
“Sit down Kaoru” he said with a calm voice.
“Oh, come on Shigo you know It was not my fault!” she said looking at him, while he finished writing his documents.
“As if I didn't know your temper young lady” he said looking up at her. She rolled her eyes as this was something normal for him to say.
“You know I don't like people giving me orders, he was just making fun of me” Kaoru said while taking a great interest in the painting that was hung up on the left wall.
“First, he is new and he doesn't know you are in the Special Forces”, he took a moment to see her reaction and then continued, “and second you shouldn't have hit him for any reason” he said straitening himself from his position.
Kaoru avoided his look; she knew if she made eye contact, she would feel guilty.
“Promise you won't do it again, no matter what” he said looking seriously at Kaoru.
“I…… promise” it was hard for Kaoru; she didn't like to look weak. “Can I go now?” she asked finally looking back at him.
Shigo just smiled and waved her away.
 
“Hey jo-chan!” a tall guy with spiky hair came in Kaoru's direction just as she was going out of Shigo's office.
“What's up Sano?” she said smiling when she saw him, he was just like a brother to her, he was nice, overprotecting and liked to tease her a lot.
“I heard you punched the new kid's face to a pulp!” he said grinning at her, “Is that true?” He asked her.
“Yes..” she said remembering the promise she had just made with Shigo.
Sano started laughing and said “Way to go Jo-chan, well, I'll see you later, bye” he said and waved good bye to her.
She just sighted and left the corridor.
 
0_0
 
“Hey Kenshin!” a redhead man with long hair turned to see who was calling him, but he had recognize him even before he turned around, it was his smaller brother.
“What's now Battousai?” he said with a bored voice, he knew this was gonna cost his whole evening.
“Could you do me a favor?” his brother said smiling at Kenshin, the only difference between both was that Battousai had yellow eyes and high ponytail and Kenshin had purple eyes a low ponytail and a scar on his left cheek.
“In what can I help you?” he asked flashing one of his famous rurouni smiles.
“I knew you would say that! For I moment I thought you would oppose your boss” he said while taking a large pack of papers and putting them on Kenshin's hands.
“I need this to be ready at 10:00 pm, mmm.. you have around 3 hours to finish, See ya later bro!” he said and marched away his ponytail swinging.
“I hate when he does these things” Kenshin muttered and walked to his office, it was not as big as his brother's but it was nice.
 
His brother was his boss, yes, even if Kenshin was the oldest for two years; his brother had come up with the idea of creating this new technologic company, so Battousai in fact was the boss. Kenshin entered to his office, white walls, some bookshelves at the sides and a desk in the middle of the room. He sat down on his chair and laid back on his chair rubbing his temples. He closed his eyes trying to relax about the fact that he, once again had to work till 10:00 at night. He then remembered something that could make him feel happier, it made him feel warm from inside it was the only thing keeping him from quitting. He opened his eyes to search for that particular thing. He looked in his desk cabinet and found a little piece of metal; it was simple, round with a month written on it: September. This little piece of metal had always confused him, when he had it his hands a soft memory came to his mind, he was with someone special, he could hear their laugher, in fact he new he was with a woman because he could remember her laugh well enough,, sweet and warm; he didn't know were he had gotten it, but he clung to it with his life. He wasn't even born that day, so it was a complete mystery why he had it, but he supposed it was connected with her and something that had happened years ago before he was told he had lost his memory in a car accident 5 years ago…