Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ You Had the Chance ❯ Chapter 2: The Missing Piece ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Again…. I don't own Rurouni Kenshin…. = (
 
 
Chapter 2: The Missing Piece
 
Kaoru laid on her bed, her head rested in the small pillow, she was looking at the opposite wall, deep in thought …
 
She was alone this afternoon, he had asked Sano to train with her, but he had told her he couldn't, he was going on a date with a doctor, which at this moment Kaoru couldn't remember her name. She had also ask Soujiro if he was free for the afternoon, but he told her he was going on a mission that day, and apologized deeply for not being able to be with her. So now she was alone, if only she had a boyfriend or something alike “What are you thinking Kaoru!!! You don't have time for silly things like those, you have to concentrate on your work!” she told herself, but still her heart ached for something or someone.
Then she remembered her little secret, standing up, she went directly to a desk, and opened a small door, she pulled out a small chain followed by a small round piece of metal, she took it to her bed where she sat down, she caress the smooth metal, and outlined with her fingers the letters that were written on it: MCH, she didn't know what it meant, the word wasn't complete, it was missing a part, because right after the M there was a small hole. She just looked at the piece of metal with sadness, who had given it to her?, Did it really belong to her?, Had she bought it?, What was the word that was written on it?, Would she ever know the truth about it? She couldn't remember anything, well no one could blame her, in fact all her friends knew she had lost her memory 5 years before…
 
0_0
 
Kenshin looked at his computer screen with tired eyes, it was 9:50 and he had just finished his brother's papers, and he still had more work to do. He looked at the small metal that he held in his right hand, it gave him strength to finish his work. He continued writing with difficulty, because he wouldn't let the metal in another place that wasn't his hand. Then he heard a knock at the door quickly he hid the metal piece in his suit's sleeve.
“Come in” he said, he knew it was his brother ready to check on him.
“Hey Bro! Did you finish that work?” Battousai asked while walking inside Kenshin's office.
“Yes, the papers are there in the small desk” Kenshin said without taking his eyes from the computer screen, still typing as fast as he could.
“Ok, nice job Ken, well I'm going home, I'll wait for you there. Close everything when you leave, See ya” and with that Battousai closed the door, and Kenshin waited until he heard his brother leave. As he realized he was alone again he took out the small piece of metal and hid it on his left pocket. He finished his work with an amazing speed and turned everything off. He stretched his body; he was tired of all those hours working on the computer. He closed his office and headed to the parking lot, everything was dark, he was the only one left there, so he had no problem in closing. When he got to the parking lot he saw something strange, His car wasn't there!!!!! Quickly he looked to his sides to see if there was any burglar getting away in his car, but found himself again in the darkness of the parking lot.
He approached the place were he had earlier parked his car, and what he saw made him almost explode in anger. There was a little note laying on the parking space: Sorry Kenshin, I forgot to tell you I'm going out tonight, had to take your car for special uses, mine is at home, sorry again…Battousai.
 
Kenshins hands were made fists, “Special uses!!!?? Taking my car on a date with some chick he picked out on a bar!!!! He is gonna pay big for this!!!! And what the hell does he mean with special uses!!!!!!?” Kenshin thought full of anger at his soon to be ex-brother, he calmed himself a little (if that could be possible) and started walking home.
 
0_0
 
Kaoru was laying on her back looking at the ceiling, just thinking about… nothing, she was just so bored, she looked to her right and saw the bright numbers of the clock, it said 10:30, it was dark in her room, there was no light. Even if it was late she was not tired, because she had slept a good amount of time before. She had already put the metal piece back on its place, and she didn't know what else to do.
 
Someone knocked on the door; she didn't say anything and just waited for the person to come in.
“Kaoru, you should go out, everybody is having fun tonight” Shigo said entering the room and turning the light on.
Kaoru grunted as she felt light stream down on her face. “I have no one to hang out with” she said feeling a little ashamed that she had confessed something like that.
“Then just go for a walk, it's a very nice night, and the air would do some good on you” Shigo said looking at her in a sad way.
“I'm very tired!” Kaoru lied, she didn't want to go out, because she was just going to feel lonely.
“Then it's an order young lady, now go” he said while giving her space to go out through the door.
Kaoru just grunted a little more, and stepped out of her room. Shigo walked her to the front door of the building and opened the door for her.
“Have fun Kaoru, See you in a couple of hours” he said smiling down at her, Kaoru gave him a confused look at asked “Couple??”
“Yes Kaoru now go, and have fun” he said shutting the door and walking back to his office, he was not scared for her being out there at night, he knew no one would be near her, she had the insignia of the S.A.D (Special Agents Department) in her uniform jacket, and if any one tried to take advantage of her, he knew they would be very sorry for even trying it.
 
Kaoru was just left there standing outside of the building, she saw as Shigo left to his office, she understood she had no other option but taking a walk. At least this walk helped her calm the anxiety and she was no longer bored, she was walking down a street when she saw someone running out of the corner, a man ran quickly as a small silver piece was hanging out from his hand, then she heard another man yelling to stop him. Kaoru quickly came running down to the place where the said thief was. She ran to him, but she figured out she wouldn't catch him, so she picked up a stone of the ground and concentrated on his target, she aimed and threw the small rock to the mans head. With the impact of the stone, the man was knocked from his feet; Kaoru came quickly and punched him right in the stomach and the man passed-out. The other man that had asked for help ran to where Kaoru was, he was shorter than normal men but taller than her, he had beautiful long red hair tied in a low ponytail, and gorgeous violet eyes.