Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ You Had the Chance ❯ Chapter3: My Hero? ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I don't own Rurouni Kenshin….
 
A/N: Hope you like this chapter, and review if you can, I want to know if I'm doing a good job. Sorry for the short chapters, it's easier for me to write them like this.
Kenshin's metal thing will be called from now on the pendant. Kaoru's will be called….the silver medallion. Just so the names aren't too simple.
 
 
Chapter3: My Hero?
 
------Kenshin's POV-------0_0
 
Kenshin walked down a street still far from home, he couldn't take the bus or the taxi, the problem was he had no money with him at the moment, he usually had some, but he had given it all to his brother earlier that day, he wasn't sure if he was extremely generous or just plain stupid, at that moment it seemed the second option fitted him better. He walked thinking of the things he needed to do once he got home. He was bored and tired and the same time it was simple torture, he walked calmly taking his time to arrive home until he heard a funny noise coming from his stomach, now he truly was hungry, he remembered he hadn't eaten anything since his brother left all those papers for him to finish.
He walked on another street feeling the cold wind hit his face, a cold feeling swept his body making him place his hands on his pants, suddenly he felt something there. Taking the little thing from his pocket he saw clearly what it was, his silver pendant shining as he passed a street lamp. He saw how it shined as he turned it around, then a thought came to his mind, it almost looked like a….
 
He couldn't end his thought at the moment, the pendant had left his hand, a man was holding it running down the street. Kenshin was shocked for a moment, until regain control of his body and realized the horrible situation he was in, a man had just stole his most precious possession. Kenshin ran like a lunatic trying to catch the man that had taken away his pendant from him.
“Stop him” Kenshin shouted, he didn't know why the man has stolen something like that, maybe he had confused it with a jewel or something made of silver, he didn't want to think about that, the only thing he wanted was his pendant back. All of a sudden he saw a figure running out of a corner, he couldn't see exactly who it was but he was grateful someone had come to help him.
The person sprinted to were the thief had ran away, for a moment the person stopped and bowed down, after that he saw the figure throwing something at the thief. The thief just fell down on his face, Kenshin ran faster at that moment, he was a little afraid, the figure had just knocked the thief off his feet with a stone, “he must be pretty strong to do that” he thought.
He saw the figure punching the thief, and then the thief was finally knocked out. Kenshin could see a little better now, he ran to were the figure was, and could see a little more of the person, in fact he could see how the person looked like. It was a young girl, he was amazed at first that she had the force to fight that thief; she had long dark hair held in a ponytail, cascading on her back, deep pools of blue looking back at him, she had soft features, she was wearing jeans and an strange jacket. Coming closer to her he saw it had the initials: S.A.D.
 
-------Kaoru's POV--------------0_0
 
There standing in front of her was the cutest guy she had ever seen, dark red hair in a low ponytail, handsome features, a straight posture and what impressed her most was his eyes, beautiful amethyst eyes. He was wearing a black business suit and black shoes as well. Kaoru just stayed there gawking at the man in front of her.
 
The man just looked at her and smiled he stretched his hand so she could take it. Kaoru was awaken from her day dreaming when his hand was in front of her face, waiting for her, she blushed and took his hand so she could get up.
“Thank you” she said while getting up, she was trying to hide her blush from he seeing it. “What's the problem with me, I've just met this guy and I'm BLUSHING!!” another part of Kaoru's mind thought “How can it be not possible to blush when he is so damn right SE… “Shut Up!!! Don't think that, concentrate….. no can't do that” with that thought she had blushed even harder her face now looked like a tomato.
 
Kaoru stared at the man in front of her, he just smiled in return, but both didn't see the thief on the ground pulling a knife from his pocket. Kaoru felt a stab on her leg, and pain traveled along her body, she gave a scream and fell down to the ground. The man with red hair reacted upon instinct and the next moment he was fighting the thief for the knife, luckily he punched the thief in the face with enough strength to back him away from Kaoru who laid on her back making pressure on her wound. She closed her eyes trying to make the pain go away, her heart was beating so fast, and the wound in her leg was making her want to scream from pain.
 
------Kenshin POV------------
 
Kenshin could see the pendant hanging from the thief's left hand and with a movement of his arms he was able to take the gun and the pendant from the thief.
The thief looking at his state of disadvantage ran to another street and scaped.
For a moment Kenshin thought of following him, but he remembered the girl lying in the ground, quickly he placed his pendant and the gun in his pockets and turned to look at the girl.
She was in deep pain, he could see from her eyes that were just half opened, he got to his knees and pulled her up in bridal style. The girl didn't protest as he ran across the streets to his house where he could be able to heal her wound.
He looked down at her, and saw the pain in her eyes, for some reason he was very angry, how could someone do this to an innocent girl, the thief had hurt her and that made him angry. “Why am I so worried? I've just met her, a couple of minutes back and I'm worrying like this I don't even know her name!!! He thought and without another moment of hesitation ran straight to his house without even bothering closing the front door. He was to worried to mind other things, this girl was hurt and that because he had asked for help, it was his fault and he wouldn't let this girl suffer any more.