Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction ❯ You Had the Chance ❯ Chapter 5: How to remember. ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

don't own Rurouni Kenshin…. Nor nickelback jeje…
 
A/N: Here is the new chapter!
 
Chapter 5: How to remember.
 
How wrong were you to love me, when my heart didn't belong to you,
 
Kaoru sat in the passenger's seat, looking at the window next to her, she saw her own reflection frowning back at her with the distinct characteristic of being bored, how she wished to have her bokken in that moment, to fill it's perfect handle fitting on her palm, and maybe she could use it to hurt the little red head man next to her, and wondered what would he say if she told him she had emphasized the word little in her mind. Trying to break the silence Kaoru protested to the man next to her.
 
“Are we there yet?” she asked trying to get him to answer, but all he did was smile.
“Hey! I'm calling you Mr. Kenny” she giggled inside, for she saw how that nickname had made him turn looking confused at her.
“Mr. Kenny? Aren't you more creative than that?” he said while looking at her for a moment before turning full attention to the road.
“”Hey!! It's not easy, you know, why don't you try it?” said Kaoru glaring daggers at him, and waiting for him to continue.
He was quiet for a minute and then “Let's put some music on” he said, and Kaoru just looked at him “Yes, turn away from the subject…men” she said, looking back at the window and the small drops hitting it.
“Do you like nickelback?” Kenshin asked her before turning up the volume a little bit. She didn't answer anymore, just as the song started, she was remembering something…
 
This time, this place
Misused, Mistakes
 
She was in a room full of people; none of them seemed familiar…

Too long, Too late
Who was I to make you wait
 
All of them where around their sixteen's or seventeen's. She got up where she stood, and walked to the nearest person in the room…

Just one chance
Just one breath
Just in case there's just one left
 
She saw a person's back, one she knew…But who?

`Cause you know,
you know, you know
 
She saw, as she lifted her hand into the man's shoulder…. He was turning around and…
 
“We are here” Kenshin said, Kaoru jumped off her seat, she had been so entranced in the memory she hadn't notice they had finally arrived.

“Are you okay?” Kenshin asked, his voice took a gentler tone, and he turned too look at her worryingly.
 
“Yeah sure, but next time, do mind not scaring me like that!” she said shaking of her hair that was now all over her face.
 
“Sorry about that, I didn't know you were sleeping” he said and got out of his car.
“It wasn't your fault” Kaoru said looking a little ashamed for blaming him. “I wasn't sleeping” this last part she whispered to herself.
 
She felt her car door being opened and two strong arms pulling her out.
“Hey! I can do it myself thank you!” she protested and glared at him. He just picked her up and carried her to the front door.
“I have to repay you, so don't move, or do you want me to fall?” he said still holding her close to him.
“I'm not talking to you anymore” she said and turned away.
“You just did” he said and smiled at her.
“Shut up” she glared at him, and looked away.
Then she realized the way he was holding her. His strong hands held her very close to him; she hadn't remembered being so close to any man in her life like this. But the problem here was that it felt right. Suddenly she felt like killing herself in that moment, because now she was blushing so hard, she thought she would blow. She hid her face in his chest so he wouldn't see her.
 
Kenshin felt something; he looked down and saw her snuggling her head in his chest. He blushed, but something was different, he felt ok with her doing that, so he didn't say anything to her.
 
Kenshin opened the door with difficulty, Kaoru had told him to let her go so he could open the door, but he had refused all the times she had protested.
 
“See, it wasn't so difficult after all” he said walking in the dark of the room, looking for something.
“Yeah sure, Mr. I don't-want-any-help” she said and looked into the dark.
“What are you looking for?” Kaoru asked him.
“The door to my room” he said still looking in the dark.
“What!!?” Kaoru yelled and tried jumped to her feet, or should I say foot.
While doing this, Kenshin lost his balance and fell to the floor, a loud crack sounded, followed by a soft `ouch'.
“What the hell did you do that for?!” he yelled, massaging his head that now was throbbing with pain.
“If you think I will sleep with you prepare to suffer you little…” she couldn't complete the words because he was laughing so hard he was trashing all round the floor.
When he finished he got up, and picked Kaoru again.
“¿Did you really think I was going to do that?” he asked her, now a little more serious.
“Well… you said…. Your room, and ….. I thought…” Kaoru murmured, now she was feeling ashamed.
“I will never do that” he said and placed her down on a soft bed.
“but you…” Kaoru said looking at any other place that was not Kenshin.
“You, didn't let me finish, I was saying I was looking for my room so you could sleep there” he said pushing away the covers, and placing her down.
“Now sleep all you want, you'll need it” he said and placed the covers back to their place.
He was about to leave, when someone grabbed his sleeve, he turned too look at her.
“I'm sorry” she whispered. Kenshin turned to look at her sad expression. He smiled and said “Goodnight Kaoru”, and then closed the door of the room.
 
Kaoru laid in the bed, it was soft, warm, it felt nice and smelled like Kenshin, she hugged the pillow closer to her and slowly sleep took over her, but she wasn't prepared for what was coming.