S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ The War Between Us ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The War Between Us
Chapter: Prologue
Author: Skye Mitsukai
Rated: T- Suitable for teens, 13 years and older.
Warnings: Some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.
Pairings: Ryuhou x Mimori
Summary: Mimori and Ryuhou get into a heated argument after Mimori is caught helping the enemy. After Mimori refuses to go back to the Mainland for the second time and leaves HOLY to live in the undeveloped area, Ryuhou has to take drastic measures to ensure her safety.
Disclaimer: I don't own s-CRY-ed.
Comments: Enjoy! ^_^
 
 
 
Prologue
 
Ryuhou walked quickly through the hallways of HOLY, his boots clicking on the marble floor. He marched past several numbered rooms before coming to a halt in front of one that read Medical Research Unit A-4.
 
He dug through his HOLY uniform pocket to find his electronic keycard. Running it through the metal box on the side of the door a familiar buzz started and the metal door clicked opened.
 
Several HOLD employees glanced up at Ryuhou from their computer screens as he entered the room but he didn't notice. His goal was to find Mimori.
 
Mimori peered up from her computer screen to find Ryuhou staring directly at her, his eyes dangerously narrowed. He was clutching a thick brown file in his right hand.
 
“Miss Kiryu, may I speak to you in private?” He asked under gritted teeth, his voice arrogant and bitter.
 
“Y...yes.” She stuttered somewhat taken aback by his tone. Hastily Mimori shoved her paperwork into the blue folder sitting on her desk and then shut off her computer.
 
Taking the folder with her she swiftly ambled over to Ryuhou who was tapping the file in his hands impatiently.
 
“Please follow me.” He commanded as he headed for the door. Mimori quietly followed him out into the hall and toward the elevator.
 
Two HOLD employees strolled out of the elevator. The taller of the two held the metal elevator door open, allowing Ryuhou and Mimori to step inside.
 
“Thank you.” Mimori gave the man a soft smile. He nodded then went with his comrade.
 
The elevator door went shut with a swoosh leaving Mimori and Ryuhou to stand in silence. Mimori was tense and trembling nervously. She knew Ryuhou was still mad at her because she refused to go back to the Mainland on their date, which turned into a lecture about her safety and how her involvement in HOLY was of no use.
 
She flinched when his hand shot up and tapped the sixth floor elevator button. The elevator beeped as it started up. Ryuhou fixed his gaze on the glowing numbers above the elevator door. 3…4…5…6…ding! Swoosh, the heavy metal door slid open.
 
Ryuhou continued to stride down the halls of HOLY, Mimori closely tagging behind.
 
He paused midway down the hall and ran his keycard through another metal box that read Conference 32. He stepped inside the room, motioning for Mimori to do the same.
 
Mimori stood puzzled. Why would he take me here?
 
Ryuhou growled in annoyance. “Miss Kiryu, are you still with us?”
 
Mimori snapped out of her thoughts and entered the room. Inside was a white, windowless room with a bulky oak table positioned in the middle and a large projection screen on the back wall. Three men, including commander Jigmar, were sitting at the table with files and papers spread out on its surface.
 
“Miss Kiryu, I'm so glad you could make it.” Commander Jigmar said sternly. All three men stared at her intently making her feel uneasy.
 
“Please have a seat Miss Kiryu.” A man with slicked-back blonde hair pulled out the chair next to him.
 
Mimori sat down hesitantly. What's going on? She questioned herself. Ryuhou pulled out the chair across from her and sat down, his eyes peering at the papers spilled out in front of him. He took the brown file he had been carrying and placed it on the table.
 
“Do you know what this is?” His crimson eyes locked onto hers.
 
He slid the thick brown file across the table in front of her. She glanced down at it. On it was the HOLY and HOLD emblem. Below the emblem it read Miss Mimori Kiryu in big bold letters.
 
“It's my HOLY and HOLD confirmation file, if I'm not mistaken.” She answered calmly, trying not to show alarm.
 
Her attempt to conceal her emotions did not work on Ryuhou who simply snorted at her reply.
 
“Miss Kiryu, do you know why you are here?” Commander Jigmar asked firmly.
 
“No. Why am I here and who are you?” Mimori replied directing her question to the spiky black haired man sitting to the left of Ryuhou.
 
“My name is Mr. Takashi Kujo and this is my associate Mr. Taro Kiyoiwa.” The black haired man answered gesturing to the slicked-back blonde haired man sitting next to Mimori. “We work for your father.” Mr. Kujo stated.
 
Commander Jigmar raised the remote in his hand and pointed it toward the projection screen. “We are here to discuss your actions on this tape recording, Miss Kiryu.” Commander Jigmar retorted.
 
The projection screen lit up and showed a scene taking place within one of Holy's holding cells. Mimori gasped in shock. She knew exactly what was going to happen. She could only watch in dread as the scene played out.
 
She watched as her image on the screen ran a keycard through a metal box on the holding cell. Walking into the cell her image started talking to the auburn haired man resting facedown on the metal floor. Mimori noticed the devious look on the man's face as he swiftly shot up and grabbed her image by the wrist.
 
Mimori's breath hitched as the scene skipped to the part where the auburn haired man punched Ryuhou in the abdomen and leapt down the elevator shaft with Mimori's image in his arms.
 
The projection screen went black. Mimori was speechless. She had hoped no one would find out that she was the person who let Kazuma escape from his cell. It was bad enough that she became his hostage during his break out but to add injury to insult, she almost died in a car accident. Thankfully Straight Cougar was there to save her.
 
“I don't think we need to see the rest of that incident, do we Miss Kiryu?” Ryuhou implied with a raised eyebrow.
 
“No Sir.” Mimori mumbled under her breath as she fiddled with the blue folder in her lap nervously. “This will never happen again.”
 
“Ryuhou and I informed your father about this unpleasant incident and we both agree it would be best if you returned to the Mainland for your own safety.” Commander Jigmar affirmed.
 
Mimori sighed, humiliation written all over her face. How could I have been so stupid! She mentally cursed herself. Three days working at HOLY and now she had to leave.
 
“Mr. Kiyoiwa and I will escort you back to the Mainland as soon as you gather your things Miss Kiryu.” Mr. Kujo declared.
 
“You will come to see that this is the best alternative Miss Kiryu, for you and HOLY. You were not the only one in danger during that event. You put other lives in jeopardy as well. We can't let that happen again. Do you understand Miss Kiryu? We have to let you go.” Commander Jigmar explained.
 
Feeling like a punished school child Mimori lowered her head in shame. “Yes Sir.” She replied softly.
 
 
 
Authors Note: I will try to update as soon as possible. Please read and review. I will happily return the favor.
- Skye Mitsukai