S-CRY-ed Fan Fiction ❯ The War Between Us ❯ Stricken ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: The War Between Us
Chapter: Stricken
Author: Skye Mitsukai
Rated: T- Suitable for teens, 13 years and older.
Warnings: Some violence, minor coarse language, and minor suggestive adult themes.
Pairings: Ryuhou x Mimori
Summary: Mimori and Ryuhou get into a heated argument after Mimori is caught helping the enemy. After Mimori refuses to go back to the Mainland for the second time and leaves HOLY to live in the undeveloped area, Ryuhou has to take drastic measures to ensure her safety.
Disclaimer: I don't own s-CRY-ed.
Comments: Thank you for reviewing the last chapter. Enjoy!
 
 
 
Stricken
 
 
The Kiryu heiress tugged viciously at her wardrobe yanking every satin silk, cotton, or cashmere attire off their hangers and flinging them into disorderly piles on her bedroom floor.
 
“I can't believe this.” Mimori muttered as she tossed the remaining garments out of her closet. Mimori was so preoccupied about packing her possessions that she didn't have time to clearly think about what just happened in the conference room.
 
If it wasn't for all the packing she had to do she would've just plopped down on her couch and ate a whole tub of her favorite ice cream, strawberry, just to make herself feel better about this whole situation.
 
Buzzzzz Buzzzzzzz! Mimori's door bell rang. “Hold on Just a minute!” She hollered from inside her bedroom.
 
She rapidly shoved the last of her clothes into her suitcase and quickly made her way through the living room and into the kitchen.
 
Mimori tapped the electronic panel alongside her door and it let out a small beeeeep. The metal door slide open revealing a young man with short emerald hair and infuriated crimson eyes.
 
Mimori sighed. “Ryuhou, what do you want?”
 
“We need to talk.” He stated firmly.
 
“Do I look like I have time to talk, my plane leaves in two hours.” She implied, somewhat aggravated that he didn't defend her during the interrogation. She knew he wasn't concerned about her departure, hell it was problem his idea.
 
“This will only take a moment of your time, Miss Kiryu.” He replied coolly.
 
Moving towards here kitchen sink she gestured for him to come in. “Are you thirsty? I don't have much to drink, I threw everything out, but I do have tap water.”
 
“No, that won't be necessary but thank you.” Ryuhou answered properly while closing Mimori's apartment door behind him. He took a quick look around the kitchen and glanced through the living room doorway. “You're almost done packing.”
 
It was more of a statement than a question but Mimori responded with a simple “Yes.”
 
Glancing back at Mimori, Ryuhou attempted to decipher the emotions in her russet orbs. Hints of discomfort and sadness were evident.
 
Awkward silence filled the room.
 
Feeling slightly tense Mimori fixed her eyes toward the floor.
 
“Why did you lie to me?” He finally spoke.
 
He now had Mimori's full attention. Her eyes wavered with uncertainty. “What?”
 
“You told Sherrice and me, that day, you didn't know how NP3228 escaped from his cell. You lied.” Ryuhou stressed the last part.
 
“Oh...” Mimori's stomach felt like it was twisting in knots as the guilt hit her, followed by indignity. She did lie, not only to Ryuhou and Sherrice but to the nurse, commander Jigmar and everyone else in HOLY. “…I'm…I'm sorry.”
 
“No, you're not sorry. You never once thought about the lives you put in danger. You did not take responsibility for your own actions, Miss Kiryu. You're reckless and irresponsible. You lied to protect your social status and in doing so you put HOLY and HOLD to shame.” Ryuhou retorted.
 
Mimori fault hard to hold back the bile rising in the back of her throat as the guilt overwhelmed her. Ryuhou's words kept repeating in the back of her mind. “You're reckless and irresponsible.”
 
“Even your own father is humiliated because of you. Do you honestly think this won't affect him? The Mainlanders highly respect your father as governor but as soon as this news hits the media, he will lose their trust.” Ryuhou continued harshly.
 
Mimori was shaking, guilt taking over her mind. The room started spinning and she leaned against the kitchen counter to keep her balance. The truth was she thought about it a lot, she knew she messed up, and if someone had died that day she would never forgive herself. “You….you…h…have no right to talk to me like this.”
 
She pointed at Ryuhou who snarled at her response. “You're no different from the rest of the rich, high-class, women who come from the Mainland. You're just as naive and self-centered as they are.”
 
Mimori was in tears at this point. Unable to hold back the bile forming in her throat she lifted her head above the kitchen sank and vomited.
 
Ryuhou's cold façade faded for a brief moment. He knew his words were not true. Mimori was a kindhearted, thoughtful, woman who would never do something foolish unless it was for the benefit of someone else. It hurt him deeply when she had lied to him, but he still owed her a chance to explain herself so he remained quiet until she finished emptying her stomach.
 
She stood up straight, bruising the lose strands of hair out of her face, and turned her gaze back at Ryuhou. “I may be naïve but I'm not selfish!” Mimori cried. “You don't even know me! You continue pressuring me to go back to the Mainland just because you can't stand being around me. You look down on me like I'm vermin beneath your feet. I make one mistake and you use it against me.” Mimori shouted.
 
“Miss Kiryu, I assure you my intentions are only to reinsure your safety. You do realize you don't belong here.” Ryuhou stated smugly.
 
“Just because I'm not a damn alter user doesn't mean I don't belong here.” She snapped.
 
He looked at her in disbelief. Her beautiful face was now stained with an endless supply of tears that continued to cascade from her eyes as she glared directly at him, her russet orbs practically burning a hole strait through him.
 
“Please get OUT AND LEAVE ME ALONE!” Her voice was fierce and full of anger.
 
Ryuhou didn't hesitate. He quickly stormed out of the room. “Good bye Miss Kiryu.” He growled before the automatic door slid shut.
 
“Goodbye Mr. Ryu.” Mimori whispered before collapsing to her knees and sobbing into her open palms.
 
 
 
Authors Note: I'm glad to get that out of the way. I promise Ryuhou will soften up sooner or later; it is a romance story by the way. ^_^ Please read and review.
 
- Skye Mitsukai