Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / D. Gray-man Fan Fiction ❯ Ice On Ice ❯ Bloody Krory ( Chapter 37 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 36 goes up. This is Chapter 37. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers I don't own Sailor Moon and D. Grey-man since if I did own them both, the Planetary Senshi will have equal footing as Sailor Moon and the Allen/Lenalee pairing would be canon. But you don't see that happening do you? However, I do own the pairing, I hope.
 
Chapter 37: Bloody Krory
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Bye-bye vampire.” Jasdebi mocked. “Looks like a human body couldn't stand up to us, after all.”
 
“This room's aobut to go, too, is it?” he wondered as the study started to break down. “Geez, when's that idiot Cross gonna to make his appearance? He really gets on our nerves.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
In the coffin…
 
Krory… Krory… Athena's soothing voice echoed in his mind. You can't die here…
 
“Athena!” Krory gasped, the Goddess' golden Cosmo radiated around him.
 
Do not forget that you once promised me, no matter what, you'll return to my side along with Allen and the others. Athena reminded him.
 
“Please forgive me!” Krory replied. “I've already used up all my strength in this battle. I believe that Allen and the others will be able to save you in time.”
 
Krory! Athena exclaimed. Do not forget, the true nature of your Innocence.
 
“The true nature of my Innocence…” Krory echoed.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“What are you doing in a place like this, Arystar?” Eliade asked.
 
“Who's there?” Krory wondered.
 
“You truly are a good-for-nothing man, aren't you?” Eliade sighed.
 
“This voice…” Krory pondered. “It can't be! But…”
 
“Didn't you become an Exorcist to give yourself an excuse for destroying me?” Eliade reminded him. “If that's the case, why fight until you're on the blink of death just to protect these children? Good grief, you still can't manage to finish a job, even now. What's so funny?”
 
“Have you come for me?” Krory inquired.
 
“Don't say such foolish things.” Eliade told him. “Do you think I've come to take you to Heaven? You may be able to end up there, but I'll never be able to, even though Athena purified me. I was released from an evolved Akuma's body. I'm nothing more than a vessel. I have no soul to send there. If you go, you're going alone.”
 
“Eliade…” Krory muttered.
 
“You want to live with those kids, don't you, Arystar?” Eliade asked. “They were the first humans to call you their friend.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Krory!” Allen called.
 
“My name's Allen Walker.” The younger Exorcist introduced himself. “You can call me Allen.”
 
“Name's Lavi.” Lavi added. “You'll meet Gramps, the Bookman in a bit. I'm his successor.
 
“C'mon. Don't pay attention to what the villagers say.” Allen advised as the trio walked into town. “We understand you well enough, Krory. Let's go, Krory.”
 
Upon arrival at the Order…
 
“Pleased to meet you. My name's Lenalee Lee.” Lenalee offered a handshake.
 
“C'mon Krory.” Allen chided at horrified Krory. “When a girl holds her hand out to you, you have to shake it.”
 
“She's a maiden, though, Allen!” Krory protested.
 
“Does it not frighten you?” he asked Lenalee.
 
“This vampire appearance of mine?” he elaborated at Lenalee's confused look.
 
Lenalee giggled.
 
“Gramps is much scarier lookin' than y…” Lavi pointed out before getting kicked on the head by Bookman.
 
With a relieved sigh, Krory took Lenalee's hand.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“If you go to Heaven now, you'll be all alone again.” Eliade reminded him. “After living a life protecting only yourself, wouldn't you like to protect others?”
 
“My darling… please go to those children.” She added, a tear dropping on Krory's revealed hand, the teardrop turning into a red rose.
 
“Eliade…” Krory mumbled, fingering the rose between his fingers. “I do love you so. Even if… even if you're merely an illusion. Thank you.”
 
“Please go to them, even to the ends of the underworld.” Eliade told him. “You did promise Athena you would return to her side, didn't you?”
 
“Let's go, Krory.” Allen told him.
 
“Yeah.” Krory remarked “I'm coming.”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“We wonder if the punk Allen Walker's been done in yet.” Jasdebi remarked as the Noah neared the gateway. “If he's already been killed by Tyki, what're we gonna do about the debt?”
 
The Noah's pondering was cut short when blood gushed out from the coffin, forming a solidified hand that grabbed the Noah.
 
“You son of a…” Jasdebi hissed, cutting the wrist away, only to have it reform.
 
“What the…” the Noah demanded, the coagulated hand forcing him back into the room.
 
“Hey!” Jasdebi noted, looking at the bloody version of Krory above him. “What the hell are you?”
 
“Protect them…” the blood-red Krory muttered. “I will protect my friends and Athena!”
 
“Is this that vampire's voice?” Jasdebi gasped.
 
Is that blood we smell? The Noah wondered as Krory's bloody body snarled at him. His whole body is covered in blood? How'd he get out of the maiden? No way, his body's still in there? Now we get it. The Innocence's power, was it? He threw away his useless body, then used the Innocence in his blood to escape?
 
“I'll be taking Chomesuke's blood back!” The bloody Krory told the trapped Noah, sinking his claws into Jasdebi's body and retrieving Chomesuke's blood.
 
“You bastard!” Jasdebi hissed. “Knock it off!”
 
The red Krory jumped back to avoid getting hit back the hair spikes.
 
“Look like I've got it all back. Athena was right, I've completely forgotten the nature of my Innocence.” he noted, as Chomesuke's blood was absorbed into his body. Powering up, he then grew two devil wings on his back.
 
“This guy…” Jasdebi hissed as the bloody Krory powered up. “Innocence is an abomination! That's why we gotta beat the shit of you!”
 
“I will protect them!” Krory swore, his blood dispelling to avoid the Noah's punch. Splitting into two, the two red Krorys sank two punches into the ground.
 
“Oh, for the love of…” Jasdebi whined, jumping up to avoid the attack only to have the two Krorys followed him. In mid-air the three exchanged blows.
 
“Damnit it! Die!” the Noah cursed, blocking a punch from one of the red Krorys.
 
“Freaking die!” he hissed, turning his attention to the other one.
 
“You damn monster!” the Noah spat when he missed completely. “You can't live in this world!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Flashback
 
“Haven't humans said the same to you?” Krory had asked.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
“Damnit!” Jasdebi hissed, delivering a kick at one of the Krorys, only the head dissolve and reform around his leg. With his counterpart holding the Noah in place, the second Krory then delivered a punch at the trapped Jasdebi. Then, with a beautiful combo, the two Krorys kicked the combined Noah into a bookshelf.
 
“What's going on? After taking that hit from him just now, something's…” Jasdebi pondered. “What is this?”
 
Then the Noah screamed.
 
“Not good!” Jasdebi commented, looking down at the word `Innocence' engraved on his arm. “Innocence germs are inside us!”
 
“You disgusting monster!” he hissed, powering up an energy ball as the two Krorys combined into one.
 
“I will protect them!” the now reformed Krory swore, meeting the Noah head-on, powering up an energy ball as well. “I will go with them!”
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Outside…
 
Miranda wept, “Another one has…”
 
“Stop!” she cried.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back in the battle…
 
“Ouch…” the gravely wounded Noah moaned, sitting on the ledge of the gateway. “We'll have to rest a bit, huh?”
 
Jasdero. David told his twin.
 
David. Jasdero replied, the single Noah splitting into two and falling into the gateway.
 
The coffin opened and Krory's empty body fell to the ground. His solidified bloody form approached the body and Krory's fangs glowed, the congealed blood returning to the empty body.
 
It seems that my consciousness ahs returned. Krory noted, opening his eyes. My entire body is in pain. It's cold. I'm about to black out. But one thing is certain, at least. Allen and the others were able to move on. After I rest a bit, I'll head after them.
 
After that thought, the war weary Exorcist shut his eyes once more, as Athena's gentle Cosmo encased him in its warmth.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
Back with Allen and the rest…
 
Allen was taking Lenalee's hand and leading her up the stairway to the third room and Lenalee thought back on what he had told her. We'll definitely all go home together. I'm not giving up. I'm struggling and struggling to protect everyone.
 
Allen, you seem so much stronger since you've come back to us. Lenalee thought. Never thought I could be so weak. Ever since I lost my Innocence, I've felt scared and uncertain. Earlier, I envisioned a horrifying thing, a terrible future. No! I can't think of such things! I can't lose the will to keep fighting too! If I do, I'll be lost in the darkness. I must believe. I must become much, much stronger.
 
“I have to keep trying.” She told Allen.
 
I said it out loud! She realized upon seeing Allen's confused expression.
 
“So you really are pushing yourself to walk.” Allen rebuked.
 
“No, it's not what you're thinking!” Lenalee protested. “I just thought that once we get back to the Order, I should do some training.”
 
“Lenalee, what's with all the serious thoughts?” Lavi shuddered. “When we get back, I'm sleeping! Gotta sleep on these kinds of things!”
 
“Sleeping's fine, but I thought training might be helpful too.” Lenalee remarked.
 
“That's no good, Lenalee.” Lavi chided. “You have to think sexier thoughts or you'll never get a boyfriend.”
 
The Bookman-in-training barely got his sentence out before he was met by Allen's kick in the face.
 
“Lavi, that's has nothing to do with this!” Lenalee protested.
 
“You're so rude, Lavi!” Allen scolded.
 
“That hurts!” Lavi complained. “This is probably random, but… what about you, Allen?”
 
“Huh?” Allen blinked.
 
“What're you gonna do when you get back?” Lavi asked.
 
“Me?” Allen replied. “I'll feast! I'll eat every single dish Jeryy can make for me!”
 
“Yeah, I figured.” Lavi mumbled.
 
“Not good…” Lenalee muttered.
 
The three Exorcists then turned to the chuckling Chaoji.
 
“Sorry.” Chaoji replied. “It's just that your chatter reminded me of us ordinary people. Being servants of God, I figured your way of thinking was different from ours. Like your jokes, or what makes you laugh. If you feel afraid… I didn't think you ever felt that.”
 
“We're just like ordinary people.” Allen told him, taking Chaoji's shaking hand. “We get scared too. But it's when you're uneasy that you should think of fun things and be cheerful. It'll be okay.”
 
“How can you spout that crap at a time like this?” Rero mocked. “Those thoughts are useless in your situation.”
 
“You're wrong, Rero.” Allen corrected. “The thing I'm looking forward to most when we get back is hearing `welcome home' from Koumi and the others. No matter how grim the situation, or how slim our chances, I'll never give in.”
 
Your feelings shine so brightly, they are blinding, Allen. Lavi thought. What weight do you and that clown-like Innocence bear? It's as though, like the light, you too will disappear.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
 
Once the group entered the third room…
 
“Allen!” Road beamed, glomping the Exorcist.
 
“Road?” Allen blinked but was cut short when the Noah kissed him.
 
Everybody else turned pale.
 
“Mistress Road! You can't kiss an Exorcist!” Rero scolded.
 
“Ah, Rero?” Road blinked at the Golem.
 
“Allen? Hey! Hang in there, man!” Lavi shook the stunned Exorcist. “Allen? Hey, Allen! C'mon Allen!”
 
“Road, what are you doing?” Tyki asked. “Do you like the boy that much?”
 
“Allen Walker!” the caged death spirit wailed.
 
“Tyki's not gonna get any!” Road giggled.
 
“He was alive.” the jailed death spirit wailed. “Oh, he was alive! He was alive!”
 
“Yeah, yeah, I got it.” Tyki told the spirit. “I've become quite famished waiting for you all. Shall we eat? I'd like to speak with you before our fight.”
 
“He was alive. He was alive.” The caged spirit yowled.
 
“I'll have to refuse.” Allen replied. “I take my time when I eat my meals.”
 
“Your time huh? Wouldn't you like to know how much time you've got left?” Tyki asked.
 
“Look outside.” Road added, sitting on a floating Rero. “It's splendid.”
 
The group ran to see the crumbling Ark.
 
“The town's…” Lavi gasped.
 
“Every place, save this one, has been destroyed.” Tyki informed them. “The only building remaining is this tower.”
 
“That can't be!” Lenalee gasped, realizing the implication.
 
Road then kicked the door shut and padlocked it.
 
“Won't you sit down?” the eldest Noah asked.
 
“Take a seat, Exorcist.” Tyki added. “Are you frightened?”
 
Allen then proceeded to sit opposite to Tyki, the rest of the group following suit.
 
Slamming his claw on the table, Allen turned a stony look at Tyki.
 
***************************************************************** *************************
 
SailorStar9: And with this, this chapter is done. Read and review.