Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 7B ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/01/2007 Completed 12/01/2007
Chapter 7B
It all started about four months ago, just after I was restored to being a teen. I was sitting there lounging in an open lot and waiting for Ryoga to show when I was approached by a four-armed guy and three ninja, each with a different color, Scorpion wore yellow over black, Reptile wore green over Sub-Zero ad black and blue over black.
The four-arm man told me his name was Goro and said if I could beat all four of `em then their master Shao Kahn would accept me as his student, learning the greatest of all martial arts. Thinking back, I should have been more careful, just like I am with cures for the curse now.
The fight had been one of the best I've since Ryoga learned the Shi Shi Hokodan Perfect. The yellow ninja commanded Fire, the blue one had Ice and green used a camouflage technique that rivaled Pop's Umisenken invisibility technique. It had been an uphill battle against their very different battle styles, and I wasn't able to use the Hiryu Shoten Ha because Sub-Zero gave off a constant cold aura that nullified Scorpion and Reptile's heat; though it was not for a lack of trying.
After battling the length of the lot a few hundred times I had found the only flaw in Reptile's cloak, he still gave off a shadow. Once I was able to see all three, Goro entered the fight (and let me tell you, Ryoga's never learn to balance his strength out the way a four-armed man can) and put me in a Ryoga strength bear hug. When I finally gathered the strength to break free started raining down massive hammer blows into my chest and face, when it felt like my arms were gonna snap he stopped pounding me and started pushing my upper torso away, while squeezing tighter around my lower torso, trying to snap my spine in half.
Through the pain I came up with probably the stupidest plan ever, but it worked; I blasted him with a Double Moko Takabisha against his gut, groin and legs, since he was still trying to snap my upper body. Like I said earlier, it paid off when he was thrown across the lot and stuck into a wall, barely conscious. Instead of watching my back, which cost me, I fired a massive Moko Takabisha right into Goro's skull, driving it completely through the wall and KOing him.
My danger sense gave me a split second warning, which was all I needed, to dodge a blast of frozen air. I watched as it landed against a wall and shattered the stone with its intense cold. Seeing how much of a threat that Sub-Zero was, I figured he was the only one with a projectile attack, a lesson I never forgot as Scorpion threw a Kunai-weighted rope at me, missing my heart by sheer reflex.
It's too bad you weren't around to witness my fight; you could have gotten some pretty good bets.
Well, I had realized my first mistake, the second and was about to make the third, when an idea struck me, knock out Sub-Zero and the others are susceptible. That's when I learned all the many, many ways Ice can be used. I caught Scorpion's rope the second time he threw it, tied it in a knot and wrapped it around Reptile's arm and leg, tying another knot afterward.
With those two tied up (no pun intended), I was free to focus on Sub-Zero. Before this fight I had never gone so far into the Soul of Ice as to freeze the very air around me. When I tried any physical blows it was like moving in molasses, which I've trained in before (one of Pop's “great training” ideas), so I know how it feels.
It took a while to get used to the drag, but once I did, I was able to take it to Sub-Zero, until he started freezing the ground into patches of ice, creating full-bodied ice sculptures in an instant to evade blows and sliding across the ground like a ghost through the air. I got lucky with a roundhouse that caught him before he finished and Ice Clone, knocking him against the outer wall and unconscious.
So I taunted the two remaining ninja, and a fully recovered Goro, leading them into a spiral and blasted them into the sky…
 
After I won the fight they opened this portal to another realm. I'm sure you want to know what I mean by realm; well, the realms are kind of like different worlds, only the laws of physics, people's thinking patterns and the species are very different and unique to their realm.
Any way, they brought me to a realm called Outworld, where the greatest warriors live and battle for supremacy in a tournament called Mortal Kombat. Shao Kahn, this giant man that rules Outworld with no equal, asked if I wanted to learn the greatest fighting styles ever created, and all I'd have to do in return is play as his Knight until he no longer had anything to teach me.
Yeah, Shao Kahn tricked me into swearing on my honor my service to him, for as long as he still had ways of training me. When you think of all the fighting styles on Earth, there's a lot, now imagine the amount of fighting styles in six universes! Well, call me a dunce, cause I dived in headfirst, seeking to master the Art.
Getting back on subject, I spent the four months married to his adopted daughter, Kitana, in order to manage her allegiance to him, but that turned sour a couple nights ago when I found her calling together a meeting between two of the best warrior races. I guess you could say I'm a widower now. Hahaha… Yeah, I can't laugh about it either.
 
Well, three months ago while I was exploring the realm of Kitana's birthright, I stumbled, literally, across a scroll, written thousands of years ago by a guy called the Dragon King, Onaga. According to what I was reading, if one masters all the elements he can ascend to levels beyond the Elder gods. In it explained how he had mastered Fire, Magic, Dark and Death, just before he was killed.
He had traveled the five realms and created Outworld, along with the people who lived there. He based most of the races on his own blood, the Shokan, Centaur, Saurian, Cryomancers, etc… Well, I've mastered both Order and Chaos versions of Light, Dark, Water, Fire, Earth, Wind, Electricity, Wood or Nature if you will, Death and Silence. Magic is the Element I'm working on at the moment, but it's by far the largest section there is. Did you know Magic mimics the other Elements exactly?
My sensei for Magic, Shang Tsung, is my next target, so when I finish telling you this, I should have wasted enough time to be only a few hours early, rather than five.
To tell the truth, I think I'm going to enjoy tonight's hit, if you ever met, Shang Tsung, The Soul Eater, you would understand. The guy is so evil that even the creatures of Netherrealm are cautious when he's around. That's another weird thing, I've only come across the Dark forms of Magic, but no Light Magic; I wonder if that means there's another Realm that hasn't been charted yet?”
 
I stopped by Phoenix Mountain the day before yesterday, and saw Kiima. I think she'll be a good mother; you should have seen her with baby Saffron. I thought about complimenting her about it, but she was already suspicious of me. You should have seen the look on her face when she realized I had been standing right behind her while she sang a Seagull's lullaby. I can't believe how much fun it is to hide within a shadow. Do you remember the time you were kidnapped by Prince Toma, and they basically traveled in patches of shadow, well, I do something similar, where I can teleport from one shadow to another, never being sensed either.
Anyway, I picked up a few imprinting eggs, their eggs that can rewrite a person's mind, making them completely loyal to you. I know I keep drifting off subject but I'm bored here.
Kiima and I spoke about forming an alliance, and she sounded like she was all for it, but we'll have to see just how that works out…
While I'm on the subject of alliances, Prince Herb has initiated me into the Musk Dynasty as his brother; and, after killing their strongest warrior the Tarkatans are my new foot troops, or something like that. They're really good - if vicious - fighters…
 
Well, I suppose I've wasted enough time, talking to the air. Who knows when you'll be listening to this tape? Well, whatever, I've got a job tonight. I'll see you later.
 
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)