Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mist ❯ Chapter 27 ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Started 12/11/2007 Completed 12/11/2007
Chapter 27
Well, that was productive,” Ryu thought aloud, in annoyance. “Oh, well, I guess I'll go play with my Mortals then…” With that he faded from existence and sought out Akuma and Ryu.
With her guard now gone, Selene emerged from her dimensional prison. She'd show those blockheads that it was unwise to betray her! Though when she thought about it, none actually had; she had exiled herself when they demanded she give them her newest toy. `Well, now I've got a new one,' she pondered with delight. Who would have thought she would get her own Avatar to play with?
Yayoi stepped into the realm of the Elder gods and wondered just where she was. “My Queen, where are we at now?” she asked of the beautiful she pledged loyalty to.
Selene cupped the woman's cheek and gazed dotingly into the Mortal's eyes. “We are home now, my dear. Home…”
 
“Hello, beautiful,” Reese greeted as he came up to Allure, as it was passing through the Realms of reality. “I have come to ask a boon of you.”
Allure raised an eyebrow - or Reese assumed it was an eyebrow - before halting its forward momentum. “You know my answer, Reese, yet I know not the question,” Allure stated simply, its voice sounding like all the beauty of the universes melded into one. “Tell me of your request.”
Reese smiled kindly, and stepped within Allure's personal space. “I see that you are seeking a catalyst for your frustration and have come to offer you myself,” he answered, giving a sly wink to his desired target.
Allure laughed musically, covering its mouth with a clawed hand, looking every bit as feminine as Reese imagined the deity to be. Both knew that Reese was talking out his earhole, giving yet another half-assed attempt at courting. “You know far too much, Reese, but do you know where it is that I am going?”
Reese's eyes twinkled. “Yes, I do Allure That is what truly brings me here. I am… concerned,” Allure knew he was worried, but was not allowed to express such concerns, due to an incident that happened millennia ago with Maya, “about your well-being. There are too many negative consequences I see for the actions you will be taking.”
Reese nodded its head. “That is very true, but it is a necessary task I must undertake.” Reese found it heartwarming that the Elder would take the time to express concern for her. “Forgive my rudeness, but there is not much time left. I must be taking my leave.” With that Allure faded from the reality tunnel and into one of the beams of color that represented a different Realm.
Reese release the breath he hadn't though he was capable of holding. “Oh, well, only time will tell which path she takes…”
 
Ryu arrived in time to observe a battle between both of his Avatars. “This should prove entertaining for awhile,” he mused, creating a seat from the earth below his feet. After taking his seat he turned to the two watching him in curiosity.
“Who are you, and what do you want?” Akuma demanded, his hair flaring about like a live fire.
A-Ryu (the Avatar will be written A-Ryu) took a defensive stance and began to charge his Hadou. “Answer or I'll kill you!” A glow began to come from his entire body, very similar to a battle aura.
Ryu leaned back, laying his head on his forearms. “You can kill me no more than a single ant can kill a buffalo.” The Elder god taunted. As if to punctuate his statement, he flexed the line, linking A-Ryu to him. Immediately following, the energy Ryu had built up was now gone and he was unable to tap into the power again.
Akuma watched the interaction with indifference. Maybe, if the fight with A-Ryu was decent, he would spare the earth specialist. “I assume you are ready to begin our duel, Ryu?”
A moment before A-Ryu could respond, he felt his power return, sevenfold. “Yeah,” A-Ryu stated, wondering all the while, why it was that he answered at all. He didn't get much time to ponder as Akuma came in fist flying…
 
Yayoi stared with disbelief at the remains of the target she had just destroyed. At the present, Selene was cheering her on and clapping with joy. “I knew you could do it Yayoi!” Selene praised. Her Avatar had just proven her worth and destroyed an entire mountain, infested with Youma of all kinds.
“Wh- What was that…?” Yayoi questioned. She had never felt the energy given off from her mind before. “What did you do to me?”
Seeing her new toy about to go into hysterics, Selene decided to explain. “I haven't done anything major to you, only awakened the latent psionic abilities instilled within all Humans of Earthrealm.” `and increased them by a million fold…' “I assure you, you have complete control over them. If you run into any scrapes, I'll clean up the mess for you.”
Yayoi nodded numbly. She had heard of people being able to bend spoons with their mind before, but this was far beyond that. “Can I do more than just blowing things up?” While it had been cool, she didn't want to be known as the violent, new Sailor.
Selene smiled fondly at her new Avatar. “Oh, this is gonna be so much fun!” Selene crowed and wrapped them in the folds of existence…
 
LWH (laarcae@laarcae.com)