Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena's New Found Love ❯ Chapter 40

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Thanks for the reviews I really appreciated it! Duuuuuuuude I haven't updated in so long! I'm so sorry! dodges rotten fruit I can't help it! Life has been a pain with college, boyfriend, and my manager wont layoff on my hours at work,--, so whenever I'm home I'm sleeping! BUT! I hope you guys enjoy the new chapter!
Disclaimer: Don't own any of the characters in this story except for the ones that I created!
Cell ran as fast as he could, furious at getting his ass kicked by a mere woman. “I'll teach her!” He declared, kicking up a notch in speed. “You just wait…when I suck up that android I'll be undefeatable. I'll have you begging for mercy!”
He levitated himself high in the air, scanning the area quickly. “Now where is that android hiding?” he quietly whispered to himself.
He spotted a patch of uninhabited islands and a smirk formed upon his extremely ugly face. He quickly advanced towards the islands knowing exactly where the android would be hiding. He had a malicious smile upon his face and he licked his lips. “I can practically taste the new power I'm going to receive when I get my hands on that android.”
Android 18 stood frozen, staring upon the little bald man who had just spared her life. She was overwhelmed with confusion. What the hell was going on? She looked up to 16 for guidance, but he too shared the same look of confusion.
Krillen growled at the androids. “What are you waiting for? Move! Cell is coming, you have to go and find somewhere to hide!”
18 snapped out of her reverie. She took a step back, looking around her and looking for a spot a decent place to hide. She took off running then levitated in the air, 16 following after her. She turned her head behind her and looked at Krillen, mouthing a “thank you” before gaining speed.
Krillen felt his cheeks burn and knew that he was blushing madly. He sighed heavily; the guys were not going to take this very well. He was ready to leave when heard a scream erupt behind him. He quickly turned, eyes growing wide. “Oh no!”
He jumped into the air; following the direction he heard the scream. He stopped in mid-flight when he saw 18 partially engulfed within Cell's tail. 18's legs flailed wildly out of Cell's tail, trying desperately to escape, but no such thing was going to happen.
16 growled angrily making his way toward Cell. Though, the monster seen the movement from the corner of his eye and made an energy ball. He hit the large android in the chest, causing him to spiral down to the ground. When the bright light finally disappeared, the android's body was mangled.
Krillen watched in horror. He willed himself to do something….anything! But he couldn't, his fear kept him where he was; watching as 18 was swallowed up into the creature's body.
“Oh man…what have I done,” he whispered to himself. He looked towards what was left of 16's body and made his way towards it unnoticed. He picked up as much he could of the android's body in his arms. He looked up to Cell whose body was engulfed in bright lights as his final transformation was set in action.
He made his way off the island quickly, clutching 16's body closely to his chest. “I'm so sorry 18,” he whispered before he disappeared into the distance.
Krillen made his way to Capsule Corps rushing through the door and was relieved when he noticed that the Z-gang had not arrived yet. He passed by the questioning Sailor Senshi and he made his way down to Bulma's laboratory.
He spotted Bulma at a desk tinkering with one of her creations as she hummed nothing in particular. Krillen gulped nervously, perspiration sliding down from his temples. Bulma heard the sound and turned her head, spotting the slightly shaking man in the corner.
She cocked a brow. “Krillen?”
When he didn't say anything, Bulma's eyes downcast to the items he held in his hands. “OMG what is that?”
She pushed her self away from the desk she was working at and quickly made her way to Krillen. She picked up 16's head curiously. The android's eyes fluttered opened and he mumbled something incoherent.
“AHHHHHHHHHHH!” screamed Bulma, dropping the head to the ground and backing into a corner.
She set her wild eyes to the sheepish looking Krillen. “What the hell is that?”
The aging bald man scratched his head finding the floor to be very interesting to look at. “Android 16.”
“AN ANDROID! WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING IT HERE!” she screeched clinging onto the wall for dear life.
She glared at Krillen, “I thought I gave you a deactivator to destroy him…did it not work?” She watched as he shifted uncomfortably.
“This is not the right android the deactivator was made for.”
Bulma frowned upon this…”Well…then the other android was shut down, right?”
Krillen shook his head. “No. The deactivator was destroyed before I could shut 18 down.”
Bulma held a look of confusion. “How did that happen? Did you at least destroy her?”
Krillen's head dropped a little lower, sweat pouring down his head in small tendrils. “No, I did not.”
`What the hell is going on,” thought Bulma incredulously. She looked towards the Android that was held in Krillen's arms, and then the decapitated head of that same Andriod, whose eyes looked up to her.
Why the hell is that thing looking at me,” her mind screamed.
With an involuntary shiver, she caste her eyes to Krillen, and furrowing her brows she asked demandingly. “So what did happen, Krillen, I mean...” She sighed, rubbing her temples with her tired hands. “The deactivator is destroyed, you have pieces of an android, and the android that was supposed to be deactivated is no where in sight.” She unconsciously began to pace the room, and then she suddenly stopped and stared down at Android 16. “What is going on, what happened?”
Krillen gulped, which did not go unnoticed by Bulma. The young genius watched as her long time friend twiddled his thumbs and began to shift back and forth uncomfortably. He finally sighed and bravely looked up and stared Bulma in the eyes. “Look, Android 18, the droid the deactivator was for, she…”
He began to fidget again and continued till Bulma became extremely impatient. “Just tell me already Krillen,” she exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest.
Krillen jumped and then gained his composer. “Okay, I just couldn't do it.” He looked up at Bulma, “I just couldn't kill her.” He sighed heavily, covering his face with his hands. “I destroyed the deactivator.”
“YOU WHAT,” screamed Bulma with outrage. She paced the room, hands on her hips, anger present on her face. “YOU DESTROYED IT!” She screamed her eyes wide with shock.
Krillen shrunk into the wall with fear. “That's not the worst part either.”
The raging woman stopped her pacing, and stomped her way to Krillen. She bent down till their noses touched. “What do you mean?” she growled with anger and curiosity dripping from her words.
“Cell got her…Cell engulfed Android 18 and is know transforming into his ultimate form as we speak.”
Bulma gasped, and her eyes wide. She stumbled back a few steps and said the only thing that came to mind. “Oh shit.”
Both Gohan and Rini latched onto each of Serena's hands, as soon as she stood to her feet. Still powered up, she looked down at her daughter and her friend. They both grinned up at her with excitement and amazement.
“Wow mommy! You almost killed that creep,” exclaimed Rini, bouncing up and down with pure excitement; an excitement only a child would have.
Gohan nodded enthusiastically. “Yea! You are so strong Serena!” He suddenly grinned. “I never knew someone could bend like that!”
Serena giggled. “Believe me; I didn't know people could bend like that either.”
The rest of the z-gang joined around Serena. Piccolo took this time to explain the situation that had occurred while the fight was going on.
“Hey, listen up.” After gaining everyone's attention, Piccolo began to speak. “While the fight was going on, Bulma had called and said that she had device that would shut down Android 18, so Cell cannot transform to his ultimate form. I had sent Krillen on the mission to complete that very task.”
A smirk suddenly appeared upon his face. “So, Cell will not and can not become any stronger.”
“Hell yea,” squealed Bri, pumping her fist into the air. She soon held the trademarks smirk of Vegeta on her face, with a sudden dark look crossing over her eyes. “So can we all like, take turns pounding the hell out of Cell?”
Serena fell out into a full hearted laugh, which everyone was very glad to hear. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she nodded towards her daughter from the future. “Sure Bri, everyone can get a turn at pounding that monster to a bloody pulp.”
Bri grinned, pleased by the answer. Serena looked around the Z-gang. “Well, let's get going and start looking for…” Before she could finish her statement, Gohan's phone went off. Smiling sheepishly, he answered the phone.
“Hello?”
“Urgent? What happened?”
“Okay, we'll be there A.S.A.P”
Gohan looked to all who were staring at him. “Bulma said we have to get to Capsule Corps. as soon as possible.”
“Why?” asked Rini, curious as everyone else.
The son of Goku shrugged his shoulders. “I don't know, but I don't think it's good.”
Everyone nodded, levitating into the sky, and then shooting off to Capsule Corps.
Bulma had Krillen put 16's broken body on a near by table in her lab. She looked down at the broken machine, and then began to pace. She raked her fingers through her hair, deep in thought. She suddenly paused in mid step and shifted her eyes up to Krillen.
“Krillen.”
The bald headed man looked towards his long time friend. “What?”
Bulma placed her hands on her hips and furrowed her brows. “Something has just come to mind, and the more that I think about it, the more is puzzles me.”
Krillen cocked an eyebrow and confusion. “What are you talking about?”
“Well, why did you bring 16 here?” Her brows knitted even more closely together as her eyes stared into Krillen's dark eyes. “I mean…he's the enemy. He's supposed to be destroyed, but you brought him here. Why?”
Krillen placed his hands behind his head and laced his fingers together. “Look Bulma, he's different from the rest. I don't think he's evil.”
“Oh really know? How do you figure?” drawled Bulma, completely astounded by this man's motives.
“I just know okay. I have this gut feeling. Believe me on this, he's not evil Bulma. I know it. Please tell me that you'll fix him up”
Bulma sighed heavily. “Well, if I'm going to fix him, I need the consent of the others first. This is a real serious situation.”
Krillen nodded in agreement, hoping that the others would go along with him.
The gang finally made it to C.C. They rushed inside, looking around the den area frantically. Serena's wild eyes looked towards her confused Senshi. “What's going on you guys?”
Each scout eyed each other and then shrugged their shoulders simultaneously. Serena furrowed her brows, “Well, where is Bulma?”
“She's in her lab.” replied Amy.
“What's going on Serena?” asked Rei, just as confused as everyone else.
Gohan pushed his way through the crowed of adults. “Bulma called me and sounded frantic on the phone. She told us to hurry here.”
“Well, as far as we know…nothing is up.” stated Amara.
At this point and time, Krillen made his way into the room from the lab. Piccolo made his way over to the short man. “What's going on Krillen.”
Krillen took a step back, a nervous look taking over his features. “Um, we need to talk…”
Author: Well… I hope you enjoyed! Please review! And I will try and get another chapt. out soon, but no guarantees, life is getting too complicated!