Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Serena's New Found Love ❯ Chapter 39

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: Thanks for the reviews.

Disclaimer: Don't own any of the characters in this story.

Serena sat on the windowsill of her bedroom. She had her knees pressed up against her chest, arms wrapped tightly around them. She had her head resting on top of her knees, staring unseeingly out of the window. Vegeta lay in the bed behind her, sleeping soundly. Cell had shattered every bone within Vegeta's arm, though the Saiyan had been given a sensu bean to fix the wounded arm.

The young twins lay in the bed with Vegeta, both of them sleeping on top of his chest. The older twins were training in the gravity chamber, trying to become stronger for the up coming battle. Rini had run off with Gohan in the woods to train as well. And all the others were out and about, doing their own thing.

Serena sighed heavily into the quiet room. She thought about the events that had happened only a few hours ago. She thought about Cell, and felt true hatred well up inside of her, as well as fear. She was beginning to feel emotions she hadn't felt since she had been back home fighting as a Sailor Senshi.

She pushed her head up off of her knees, and unraveled her arms from around them as well. She leaned back against the wall behind her and pressed her back firmly against it, crossing her arms over her chest. She closed her eyes, replaying the meeting of Cell in her mind.

She gritted her teeth, she was becoming way too emotional about this. She was letting Cell get to her, and Cell knew it as well. But how could she not? This creature threatened to kill her children and her man, the only family she had left. She had already lost some many people that she had cared about in the past and didn't need to add any more to the list.

She sighed heavily once again, standing to her feet, and paced back and forth, arms still crossed over her chest. She couldn't let her feelings get in the way; she had to harden up…like she had done before she had met Vegeta. When she was with the Gundam Boys, she had learned to put her feelings behind her…to lock them protectively inside her heart so she could get the job done…and to not be hurt again.

She thought about Heero, the perfect soldier, how he had kept his feelings inside so well, as well as Wufei. As a matter of fact, all of the G-boys were able to do it, and so could she.

She looked over to Vegeta, and walked quietly over to the bed. She sat down on the bed gently, trying not to disturb him or the twins. She ran a hand down Vegeta's cool face soothingly, and then rested her hand upon his cheek. She furrowed her brows as realization adorned upon her. She knew why Vegeta was so cold…so heartless, because he didn't want to get hurt, to look weak amongst everyone else. Emotions to him is a weakness, something he had been taught. She kissed his forehead lightly, staring at his face, noticing how peaceful…and how cute, he looked while he slept.

She hadn't felt so afraid when she saw Cell brutally break Vegeta's arm, since she saw the horrible dream that made her become Super Saiyan. Serena stared at his face, brushing her thumb over his soft pink lips. She would have to be strong…she had to protect her family, even if she died trying.

She stood to her feet, "I must go train…I have to become stronger."

She made her way towards the window. She opened it and flew out of it. "I will become stronger."

***

Serena had flown out deep into the woods, wanting complete solitude. She was drenched in sweat, levitating into the air, fighting an invisible opponent. She had her teeth clenched tightly closed, her eyes narrowed, panting with each kick and punch she delivered.

"Take that!" A punch.

"And that!" A kick.

She pictured Cell's ugly face, pounding the hell out of him. She had never felt so enraged before, and she…liked it. She continued to swing and kick, then finally levitated herself to the ground. She sat on the dark green grass below her, legs crossed as well as her arms.

She closed her eyes and waited till her heartbeat became steady. She thought about the level of Super Saiyan, she had to become it. She concentrated on the one thing that made her so angry, angrier than she had ever felt in her life, and that was in her dream…the thought of loosing her family.

She began to glow a light silver, before the light began to intensify with each passing second. Soon her moon insignia began to appear upon her forehead, her tail wagging behind her rapidly. Things around her began to rise off of the ground as the power within her grew and grew.

Her heart quickened, and the sweat poured down her face. The anger, the hatred…and the pain grew immensely. Serena was now completely engulfed in the silver light; her moon insignia shined a bright golden yellow. The black and silver lightening bolts formed, cackling around the silver light.

Trees swayed as strong winds blew; animals cleared the area with fright. Soon the silver light exploded, then dimmed, revealing a new creation; a Saiyan and a Lunarian mingled into one, casting off great power of that of a Super Saiyan.

Serena stood tall, silver and black hair waving wildly in the still air. Silver-black eyes empty from the usual light that had moments before shown within its depths. She had her hands clenching and unclenching at her sides, tail wrapped tightly around her waist securely.

She brought her hands up to her face, watching as black and silver bolts of lightening crackled around each finger. A smirked crossed over her lips, eyes darkening, a disturbing glint flashing within them. She liked this, liked this a lot!

***

Vegeta's eyes opened slowly, feeling his woman's energy skyrocketing. He was about to shoot up from the bed when he remembered that his brats were sleeping on top of him. He raised both little Trunks and Bri from his chest and realized that the both of them had a tight hold of his shirt. He tried to pull on them, hoping that their grip would loosen; but to no avail.

Vegeta growled lightly with annoyance, then an idea struck him. He held onto his brats protectively in his arms. He rolled over and scooted himself down the length of the bed until his feet were touching the floor. He unraveled his arms from around the twins and very quickly and quietly, slipped out of his shirt.

He stood tall with a victory smirk on his face and did a little dance as well. He watched as his brats curled up into a ball, clinging onto his shirt. He shook his head, and headed for the window. He stood in front of it, stretching slightly, then climbed onto the windowsill, and flying out of the opened window.

He saw the Z-gang run outside ready to follow after Serena's energy, but he gave them a look that meant to stay put. Serena's ki brought him through a thick patch of woods in a forest. He saw a clearing and also saw his woman standing in the middle of it. He levitated himself to the ground, a few yards away from his woman. He stared at her, noticing that she had turned Super Saiyan.

"Woman?" he said, walking over to her.

Serena slowly turned around, hands still up to her face. "This is amazing," she whispered.

Vegeta slowed his walking to a stop when he stood in front of her. Serena raised her head to look at him and Vegeta could feel a shiver run throughout his body. Those emotionless eyes…now had a glint of, what was it, insanity?

He furrowed his eyebrows, staring at his woman hard and long. "Woman, I think you should power down."

She narrowed her eyes, "No…" she took a step back. "Why?"

A smirk formed upon her face, as she crouched low into a fighting stance. "I want to have a spare with you. Super Saiyan against a Super Saiyan."

Vegeta looked upon her in surprise, "What?"

Serena took a swing at him, which Vegeta barely dodged. "Fight me."

Vegeta would have usually been up to the challenge, but he was in no mood to fight, especially with his woman. "No,"

Serena frowned, then gritted her teeth. She took a faster swing at him, which he tried to dodge. Though, her knuckles grazed his cheek, splitting it open. "Why not? Are you chicken?"

A trail of blood trailed down Vegeta's cheek. He put his fingertips to it, dabbing at the blood. He brought his hands in front of his eyes, looking at the blood. He deeply frowned. His woman called him a chicken and struck him. He looked up at her just in time to dodge a swift kick that was targeted for his head.

Vegeta growled, now angry. "Fine, I'll give you a fight!"

He stood back, powering himself up to a Super Saiyan. Serena crossed her arms, giving him a smirk. She then crouched down low. "Let's begin."

She lunged forward, fist raised high. She took a swing at Vegeta, which he easily dodged. He grabbed Serena's hand, twisting it behind her back, and pulling her to him. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" He growled.

Serena ignored him, throwing her head back and hitting him in the nose. Vegeta let go of her quickly bringing his hands up to his bloody nose. Serena turned, punching him in his exposed stomach. Vegeta grunted leaning forward, as Serena took the opportunity to kick him in the head.

Vegeta flew back, skidding across the ground like a rag doll. Thick smoke raised, and Serena grinned…a dark grin. Her eyes suddenly widened as Vegeta shot out from the smoke, fist raised high. He threw dozens of punches, which his woman dodged. He aimed a strong punch to the middle of her face, but Serena ducked, moving behind him.

Vegeta's punch landed on the trunk of a tree, which caused it to split and half and drop to the ground. Un-expectantly, he kicked his foot back, hitting Serena in the stomach. He spun around, swiping her feet from beneath her.

Serena grunted as she hit the ground, and barely rolled out of the way of Vegeta's punch, that landed on the ground, creating a rather large indent in it. Serena kicked her foot up, aiming for a very sensitive area on Vegeta.

Vegeta grabbed the offending foot in time, giving out a sigh of relief. He glared down at his woman. "Damn it! Stop aiming at my damn jewels!"

Serena turned onto her stomach, with Vegeta still holding onto her foot. She kicked one of her long legs up, hitting him in the chest, causing him to let go of her foot and take a few unsteady steps back. Serena then quickly stood up, moving over to him, swinging her leg up and kicking him on the back of the head.

Vegeta front flipped, landing flat on his back. He grabbed onto Serena's foot that was coming down quickly. He twisted her foot, making her spin in the air and land on the ground on her side. They both got up at the same time, barely a drop of sweat shed from their bodies, their breathing still steady. The both of them smirked and lunged at each other simultaneously.

The duo continued this spare for hours, punching, kicking, flipping, shooting Ki blasts, etc. Now they lay on their hands and knees, panting heavily, the sweat now pouring down their faces. Their bodies bruised and cut, muscles sore and tired.

Serena raised her head, looking up at Vegeta, who had his eyes closed, head hung downwards. She rolled over onto her back, looking up into the darkening sky. "No more…"

Vegeta raised his head slowly, looking upon his woman. "What?"

"I said no more." She powered down to her normal self.

Vegeta looked back down to the ground. "What's wrong with you?"

Serena sighed heavily. "Nothing."

Vegeta growled. "Don't lie to me!"

Serena turned her head slightly to look up at him. She looked back up at the sky. "I can't be weak."

"What are you talking about?"

"Cell will take you all away from me…if I stay weak, I can not be weak."

"Take who away?"

"You and the kids…the only family I have left." She closed her eyes, tears rolling down her cheeks. " I can't be hurt anymore…I just can't."

Vegeta stared at her, face softening. "Woman…"

Serena's eyes rolled to the back of head and she fell unconscious. Vegeta slowly sat up with a grunt. He looked down at his woman, and sighed. He stood to his feet making his way over to her. He powered down, picked her up, slinging her over his shoulder, and began to levitate into the air.

"Hn…lets go home."

****

Goku sat at the kitchen table with Bulma and Chi Chi. "I see their fight is over."

ChiChi raised an eyebrow, looking up at him. "What?"

Goku grinned, putting a hand behind his head. "Oh! I was just saying that Vegeta and Serena are done with their spare."

"Oh, I see."

The trio heard a loud piercing scream. The trio looked at each other and ran into the den. What they saw made them fall out laughing.

They saw Trunks screaming and bawling in pain, with little Bri's mouth clamped down on one of his fingers. Rini and Bri were shouting, "Bite him harder!" As Gohan was on the floor, rolling in a fit of laughter, as little Trunks grinned, clapping his hands.

A door slammed and everyone paused. Vegeta stood behind Goku, looking in on the action. He had an eyebrow raised. He shook his head, "I'm not even going to ask." He then left, walking upstairs to his room. Everyone else looked at each other, shrugged, then continued on with what was going on.

Vegeta grumbled ever step of the way as he climbed the stairs to get to his room. "Damn woman…my feet hurt…my back hurts…my damn fingernails hurt! What did I do?!…to deserve…such TREATMENT!!"

He kicked his bedroom door open, walked inside, and settled his woman on the bed. He crawled in with her, and plopped down hard on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close. He stared at her, his fingers entangled within her hair.

"I'll make sure none of us dies…I promise," He closed his eyes and fell into a much needed sleep.

****

Serena awoke alone in her bed. She yawned and stretched, rolling onto her back. She sat up slowly, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She looked around, noticing that she was in her bedroom. "How did I get here…" She pondered, and thought that Vegeta must of brought her here.

She stood up off of the bed and moaned, the aches and pains of her battle hitting her like lightening. She dragged her feet into the bathroom to take a quick shower, placed on some fresh clean clothes, and then made her way downstairs.

She walked into the den and smiled, seeing Vegeta with the kids. She saw little Trunks yanking on his father's hair, and little Bri squeezing onto his tail. Vegeta was shouting, trying to get them off.

"GAHH!!! Damn you brats!! Get the hell off!." He pulled on little Trunks, but only made things worse, clinging more tightly on his hair. He then tried to pull his tail away from little Bri, but her grip only tightened.

"I swear!!! You're spawns of Satan! Let me go!," He shouted, and the twins only laughed, continuing to torture poor Vegeta.

The twins simultaneously looked towards their mother and grinned. They both raised their hands towards Serena, excitement apparent on both of their faces. Serena laughed, walking over to her babies. She picked up little Bri and took a hold of Trunks with her tail and placed him on her lap beside his sister.

"About time you took those gremlins!" Remarked Vegeta, playfully glaring at them.

Serena snickered, "I think they take up from you."

Vegeta 'hmphed' "I don't think so."

Rini and Gohan ran into the room, a look of hysteria on their faces. Rini shouted, "Turn on the TV! Hurry!" Vegeta quickly turned on the TV and saw that the news was on.

Reporter: "A disaster has been happening across the country! Some sort of green creature is destroying cities and killing anything that crosses its path!"

The cameraman showed a city that was being attacked as the reporter was talking. They saw hundreds of people running and screaming. Saw tons of clothes lying about on the ground everywhere as well as buildings knocked down. The cameraman suddenly put the camera on Cell who looked a lot different then he did on the last account the Z-Senshi had had with him. He looked bulkier…and all the more uglier.

The reported shouted when Cell miraculously appeared behind him. The Reporter took a step, shaking with fear. He screamed, "Ahh…No!! Leave me alone!"

All that was watching the TV watched in horror as Cell stabbed the reported with his needle like tail, sucking the very life out of him. Everyone heard the Cameraman scream, and saw Cell walking over to him, and then the camera went black.

Vegeta shut off the television, and then realized that everybody was in the room, from the Z-gang down the Sailor Senshi. Vegeta stood up, looking down at his woman, then at everyone else. "Let's go."

They all nodded, except for the Sailor Senshi. The Z-gang left and the Sailor Senshi stayed back to watch the twins with Bulma and a raging ChiChi, who just realized that Gohan snuck out in the crowd to go fight.

****

They all stood in the city that had been destroyed. It was lifeless and hauntingly quiet. Screams wrung out to the north and the fighters of Earth ran in the direction as fast as they could. They saw Cell suck the life out of a little girl that couldn't have been older then 6 years older.

Serena's breath caught in her throat, that little girl looked some much like Rini when she was that age. Vegeta turned to his woman, feeling her anger begin to rise. "Woman…?"

"I want to fight him…I'm going to destroy him, make him wish he'd never step foot on this planet."

Un-expectantly, she powered up to Super Saiyan, causing Cell to sharply turn to her. An evil smirk crossed over his face. "Ah…so that's whose power I had felt. I must have it!"

He shot forward with a faster speed than before. He had his tail pointed at Serena's chest. He moved it quickly to stick her, but she dodged, grabbing Cell by the shoulders, placing a foot on his lower abdomen. She leaned back, flipping him over her.

As he flipped over her, he flicked his tail, aiming it at her head. Serena raised her hand to block and 'SNAP'.

Serena's eyes widened, looked down at her hand, well her fingers. She looked at one of her fingernails and saw that one of her nails was broken.

There was a deadly silence, and Vegeta's mouth flew a gape. "Oh hell…he's going to die."

Bri nodded, "Damn skippy…tsk tsk. Poor brute, doesn't he know that you never break a woman's nails." She shook her head, arms crossed her chest."

Vegeta thought back to when he had broken one of his woman's finger nails and he shivered at the memory.

*Memory*

Vegeta went outside to go train when he saw his woman lying on the ground in the grass. A smirked crossed his face as he saw her sit up, looking up at this sky. He ran forward, tackling her to the ground. Serena yelped in surprise, rolling in the grass.

As they rolled they heard a little 'snap', making Serena go dead still. Vegeta looked down at her curiously, and Serena practically threw him off over her. She looked down at her fingernail and saw the slight chip in it.

Her face turned red and Vegeta looked at her with a bit of worry. "Woman…are you ok?"

She turned her head towards him almost demonically, anger apparent on her face. "OK?!…HELL NO I'M NOT OK!" she growled. "You broke my damn nail!"

Vegeta cocked an eyebrow. "It's just a nail…it'll grow back woman,"

"JUST A NAIL!!!!," She raised her hand and made it into a fist. She was about to knock the crap out of him when a smirk crossed over her face. She put her hand down to her side, standing up. "You know what…I'm not going to hit you, I've got something better for you."

She grinned, an evil grin. "No sex for a month!" She walked off leaving a horrified Vegeta mumbling, "I'll show him…breaking my nail."

Vegeta felt tears well up in his eyes. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

*End of Memory*

What Serena had said was true; Vegeta had no sex for a full month! Not even a little kiss. That month felt like years and Vegeta had made sure to NEVER EVER!!! break the nails on any woman, especially his own.

Though, this was a different situation. An enemy had done it, which meant Cell was going to get a major beat down. He looked over at his woman, her face was a dangerous red color, making her head look like it was about to explode at any second.

A grin crept over his face. "Kick his ass woman!"

Cell looked at Serena oddly. He had never seen anyone become so red before; it was beginning to creep him out. He took a step back, unsure of what to do, run or strike the woman? Un-expectantly, Serena shot right in front of him, connecting her fist with his jaw.

Cell flew into a pile of boulders and rocks. Serena slowly made her way over to him, grabbing Cell by the tail. She picked him up by it, and then slammed him into the ground, over and over again. She then stopped after a few moments, and then spun around in circles, still holding onto his tail. She let go, watching Cell fly into more boulders and rock.

A ring sounded off in Gohan's pocket. Gohan jumped in surprise, looking around, then finally down to his pocket. He reached down and pulled out a cellular phone. He looked at Rini who was looking at him. She shrugged her shoulders and Gohan answered.

Gohan: "Hello?"

Bulma: "Hey Gohan, this is Bulma."

Gohan: "Oh Hi."

Bulma: "How's the fight going?"

Gohan looked over to where Serena and Cell was. "Um…Serena is beating up Cell pretty badly."

Bulma: "Great! Look Gohan, I called you for a reason. I need someone to come here to Capsule Corps. to pick up something. It'll be something that you'll need."

Gohan: "Really? What is it?"

Bulma: "It's a deactivator. It will shut down android 18, so Cell cant absorb her."

Gohan: "Oh wow! That's great."

Bulma: "Haha I know! So send someone quick! I'll be waiting. Oh and Gohan…"

Gohan: "Yea?"

Bulma: "I suggest that you don't come. Your mom is rampaging over here."

Gohan sweat-dropped. "Thanks for the heads up Bulma. Someone will be there soon ok?"

Bulma: "Alright, bye."

Gohan: "Bye."

Piccolo looked down at Gohan, having heard the whole conversation. "I'll send Krillen."

Gohan raised an eyebrow with bewilderment, then remember how well Piccolo can hear. He shrugged it off and turned to watch the fight.

"My God…I never knew legs could bend like that." Whispered Yamcha, eyes wide with shock.

"Believe me Yamcha…they were meant to." Murmured Tien.

"Geeze…if Serena is this bad with a broken nail…how would Bulma be…or even CHICHI!" he thought. There was a dead silence. He cleared his head, he'd rather not think about something like that! He looked back at Serena, seeing that she had Cell in an ankle lock. He could hear Cell screaming, "UNCLE!!! GOOD GOD!! UNCLE!!"

Goku shook his head. "This should be lesson for us all…nails are definitely off limits."

Piccolo moved over to Krillen. "Krillen."

"Hm?"

"We need you to run an errand."

"An errand?"

"Yes, you need to go to Capsule Corps. Bulma will explain everything to you when you get there."

"Alright." He levitated into the air, and took off.

Tien turned noticing the departure. "Where's he going?"

Piccolo turned to the three-eyed man. "Going to get something that will help us out."

******

Krillen had arrived at Capsule Corps and had gotten the deactivator. He held it in his hand, going towards un-inhabitant islands, guessing that is where the 2 remaining androids would be hiding. His mind was clouded with thoughts of android 18. She was really pretty, and a blush crept across his cheeks. He shook his head, she was an android, a killer and a danger to human kind. She would have to be shut down, no matter what!

He went through several islands before he found the duo, leaning against some large boulders, lightly talking to one another. Krillen landed in front of them, holding onto the control tightly in his hand. 16 stared at the short man and 18 pushed her self off of the boulder she was leaning on, crossing her arms over her chest.

"What do you have there?" Referring to the controller that Krillen was holding.

Krillen took a step back, eyes on 18,eyes never wavering. "A deactivator…to shut you down."

18 narrowed her eyes, fear actually present within them, something that took Krillen completely by surprise. He put his finger over the button, and he saw 18 tense. Krilllen sighed, throwing the deactivator to the ground, stomping down on it.

"Leave."

18 gasped in bewilderment, looking up at 16, who as well had a look of utter disbelief. "What are you doing?" asked 18. "Why didn't you shut me down?"

Krillen eyes drifted to the ground. "Leave…leave before Cell gets you too!"

****

Cell and Serena were still going at it, Cell looking like an alien-ized pretzel, and Serena looking like a crazed mad woman. Cell pushed Serena off of him, somewhat standing on his feet.

"Grr… She's stronger than I thought! I need that android to become my ultimate form. To wipe out this pathetic planet!" Thought Cell.

He shot up into the air, doing hand movements that everyone recognized; the Kamehameya wave.

Goku's eyes widened. "How does he know that!?"

"Ka-Me-Ha-Me-Yaaaaaa!!!!!." Shouted Cell, a giant energy wave heading for Serena. There was no time for Serena to dodge, so she stood in defense, blocking with her hands. She tried to push the energy wave back, but she was having some major difficulties.

Cell grinned, stopped giving off the energy, and took off as fast as he could. Serena tossed the wave above and over her head, sending it hurdling into a mountainside. She fell to her knees, panting heavily. She looked up and about and couldn't see Cell in sight!

"Damn him!," she slammed her fist into the ground. "You come back here and fight me you coward!" she shouted into the open air.

Vegeta came up behind her, helping her to her feet. "Woman, there's no worries. Krillen was sent out to deactivate Android 18. He can't become any stronger. We'll get him!"

Serena sighed, powering down and leaning her head against his shoulder. "I hope you're right…"

Author: Hey! Got a question for you guys. Do you remember the names of the people that fought against Cell at the Cell Games, the people that came with Hercule? If you now it, can you tell me them please! N E WAYZ! I hope you enjoyed and please review! Well that's all for now, I'm actually getting close to the end. WEE this chapter was longer than usual, needed to get a bunch of stuff out of the way instead of making it into 2 or more chapters. Well, I hoped you enjoyed and please REVIEW!!!.