Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Through Her eyes ❯ Whoa ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

When the Cops jumpted out of the SWAT car, we knew something was up. "GO GO GO!" One cop yelled from behind a car, In fear I guess that he might be pumpted full of lead.

~CRASH~ "What was that!?" I yelled throwing my self off the couch and to the door. "WHAT DID YOU DO WHILE I WAS GONE!?" Trunks yelled while looking out the window. "I didnt do anything!!" Just then, a SWAT member walked down the stairs with a stuffed penguin in a muzzle. "Excuse me, I was woundering--" I was interupted by the SWAT man. "Sorry Ma'am. This is secret agent Q. He was stationed in your bathroom. He will be put where he belongs now. In the Penguin Mental Clinic." Just then, The members walked out of our home, leaving shattered glass everywhere. Trunks and I stood silently. Blinking in confusion.

After I sweeped up the glass and Trunks had put the duct tape over the holes in the windows, Trunks called in the heavy duty search and rescue material to see where his Grandma was. "Serena, can you hand me the yellow pages?" "Why? 9-1-1 is the police..." "Thats for emergencys." "Oh. right. So who are we going to call? The hospital? The Air force?" I paused and looked in a cupboard for a phone book. "Nope. Goten. Usally he's good at being a little retriever. Ya know. Give him candy or something and he'll be like putty in your hands." Trunks laughed to himself. "You have had way too much pratice." I said dumping some old coupons into the garbage. Trunks Dialed the number and intwined his fingers in the cord. "Hey there Goku- San. Is Goten there? Could you give him the phone please? Thanks." Trunks stood leaning on the wall tapping his foot. "Trunks, Have you seen my cup?" I asked looking around the kitchen. Trunks plugged his ear and shook his head. "Goten! Hey. Im sorry Ive called you at such a bad time but-- you what? Oh Geez. Well I guess we'll have to go find my Grandma by our selves. Thanks any ways." Trunks hung up and shook his head laughing. "What??" I asked looking under the table. "Goten got his head stuck in a log and now he has to wear a neck brace for a few days." I turned the corner into the living room, searching for my cup of coffee. "What are you doing?" Trunks said following me. "Looking for my cup of coffee. I'm thirsty." "Well there is more than one cup in the house. Besides. We need to go look for my Grandma." I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair, pulling my bangs back a little.

Trunks reached down for the car keys and paused. "Did you hear that...?" "Hear what?" I asked grabbing my coat. Trunks then heard the noise again, now a little louder. "You didnt hear that?" "Yeah... I did that time... what is it?" Trunks slowly turned around the corner. "I dont know..." He grabbed a cane from the umbrella holder and turned the corner slowly. "It's in the laundry room..." I said getting lower to the ground. "Yeah... Maybe that Agent Q Penguin had some friends with him..." slowly we turned the corner and saw the laundry room door shaking. "Um.. Um.. Thats not normal..." "Sure isnt..." I replied, gulping. "Y-y-ou open the door..." I said pushing my self behind Trunks. "Why me? Why not you??" I sighed. "Because... you are the guy here... so go..." Trunks slowly took a step forward and put his hand on the door knob. I stayed clung to his torso. "Sere... um..." "Just go in, Trunks!" Trunks shook a little. "OK...." He said slowly turning the door knob. As the door opened, an explosion of suds fell on top of both of us. I gagged up some bubbles as I tried to get to the top of the pile. "T-Trunks! *cough* Where are you!?" Just then, I was pulled under the soap. A sharp sting pierced my eyes as I went under. I could feel my elbows brush the cold wood floor as I hit the bottom. As I hit, I felt my finger tips hit another body. I gaged a little as I grabbed hold of Trunk's arm.

I clawed us both to the top of the suds. The soapy film coated my throat as I tried to gasp for air. "T-Trunks!!" I yelled pulling him up. "RAAHH!!" Trunks yelled as he pounced out of the soap and, yet again, pulling me under. I soon found that this was a game for Trunks. I sprawled around, trying to get my head out of the soap, and keeping Trunks off of me! I needed AIR! Trunks grabbed my torso, pulling me back twards him so my back was facing him. "Trunks! I need to get out!" "Why?" He said pulling me up to his chest, my back now pressed up against him. "What are you--" I said as Trunks pulled us under. Trunks turned and pulled me into his arms. I smiled a little and tried to get up for air again, but he held on to me by the hips. I figured the faster I just let Trunks play his little game, the faster I could get out and start cleaning this mess. Trunks turned me around and pulled me up to his chest. He kissed me, passionatly tracing my lips with his own. I began to panic when he tried to pin me down in the dome of bubbles. I scooched us out of the bubbles, so at least I could breathe.

I murmered over Trunk's lips, "Can we move this to the couch or something? My back hurts." Trunks stopped and looked at me. "Alrighty." He said standing up and picking me up. "Eh heh..." I said kinda smirking. Right when we both got on the couch, Trunks wrapped his arms around me and pinned me on my back to the seat of the couch. Just as Trunks began to run his hand over my hip, the front door swung open. Trunks whiplashed his head up in shock. There he stood. Shawn. Drenched and looking awfully tipsy. "Shawn!!" Trunks yelled. "Whats goin' on wit chu! Why you makin' moves on mah woman!" Shawn staggered into the living room, dragging in mud and the smell of dirty pubs. "Shawn, Why are you here??" Trunks said, climbing off of me and standing up. I turned my head around and my eyes were just over the arm rest. Just enough to see Shawn in all his glory. "Man Trunks, I thought we could hang! ya know!? Homies!" Trunks stood in shock. "Er... Shawn, I think you need to go home..." Trunks said walking twards him. Shawn looked at me over the arm rest. "Aye YO! How you doin' hot stuff!? Man Trunks, If you don't wanna' hang, I'll hang with her, man." Trunks got closer to Shawn and started turning him twards the door way again, getting defencive. "You REALLY need to leave." Shawn turned and tried to punch Trunks in the face, but Trunks caught his arm and pushed him out the door, falling to the door step. Trunks slammed the door and turned to look at me. "Heh..." He said laughing sheepishly. "Where were we?" He said walking to the couch. "I remember where I was..."

Late that night, close to 1 in the morning, his Grandma came home. Trunks and I were asleep on the couch, lying in each other's arms. "Awww..." She said as she walked in. "Ill just go put these grocerys away and go to bed too." As the door closed, it made the wall shake a little and woke Trunks up. "...ehhh...." He moaned as he streched. "Grandma?" He questioned the figure in the door way. "Yes Trunks, Im sorry for waking you. You can go back to bed again." "Where were you?" Trunks said rubbing his eye. "Well I was on the highway when I met a very mean woman who would not let me pass, so I tried to ram into her but the car stopped in the middle of the road, and I was stranded until I figured out that I took my foot off the gas." Trunks shook his head. "Yeah. Ok. Well, Go to bed, you have a big day tomorrow..." "Whats that?" "Well, the washer exploded... and... er..." Trunks said, itching his chin. "Oh my. Your right. Well good night." "Night."

The next morning........

I woke up in my bed, confused and kind of soapy. I sat up and looked around. Yet again, I had no idea how I got there. "Uhhh..." I scratched the back of my neck, feeling the little hairs rise up as the cold air rushed in through the open window. I slowly edged my way to the side of the bed, letting my feet drape over. I pulled my arms behind my head, and layed back, dressing my feet with my eyes. "Wonder who opened that window..." I said trailing off. Still half asleep. I dragged myself up, just enough to see out the side of the cracked bedroom door. Bulma was running around down stairs screaming profanitys at Shawn. Shawn, In defence, Began saying his part in the story, yet it wasn't valid by Bulma's standards, and Bulma began screaming again. "Shawn doesn't have a chance." I said, leaning forward, cradling my head in my hands. As I began to slouch, foot steps ran up the stairs. My bedroom door flew open, as Shawn saut refuge in my room from Bulma. The now crazed maniac chasing men with pans. "SHAWN!" I screamed as I pulled the covers up to my nose. "OH! IM SORRY!!" Shawn yelled. I eyed him for a minute before Trunks pushed his way into the room. "What is going on!?" Trunks yelled, pulling his T-shirt over his head. "Im REALLY sorry, But your mom is chasing me with pans!!" Shawn said in a panic, pushing the door shut again.

Bulma began to pound on the door. "SHAWN! I KNOW YOUR IN THERE!" Shawn winced as the harsh reality of his punishment sunk in. Bulma lodged her pan handle into the wedge of the door. "COME OUT, YOU COWARD!" Shawn Looked out the window. "Exactly how hard do you think I'd hit if I jumped?" Shawn tried his best to look out the window while keeping the door shut. "Pretty hard. It's 5 storys." Trunks said adujusting his pajama pants. "Crap. Should I just let her in...?" Shawn said, letting his force on the door soften. "Might as well. It's that or jump." I said, my nose just over the crease of the comforter, muffling my voice. Just then, Shawn lunged out of the way of the door and onto my bed. "NO!" I said screaming, kicking him off with my feet and pulling on the bedding. "GAH!" Shawn yelled as Bulma ran into the room, and tackled him and began to hit him with a frying pan into unconciousness.

Shawn lay sprawled out on the hospital bed, unaware of the concusion Bulma had caused. The doctors ensued their proding, and enjections, while Trunks, Bulma and I sit in the waiting room, waiting to hear from Dr.Pane about Shawn's condition. I hit my fist against the vending machine's buttons. "C'mon... C'mon..." The stubborn buttons had gotten jammed, preventing me from getting my candy, nor my money back. "I hope Shawns OK." Trunks began to fiddle with his shirt collar, trying to keep him self entertained. "I didnt even hit him that hard..." Bulma said, pulling some LifeSavers out of her pocket, chewing on them almost instantly. Bulma picked up a Woman's Day magazine. "You know the doctor is going to want to know how this happened." I rubbed my temples, annoyed by the vending machine. "Who's going to tell him?" Bulma peered up from her magazine. "N-not me..." Bulma stuttered. Trunks glared at his mother. "You did this, you should explain it!" Trunks huffed and snatched a life saver from his mother's hand. "Fine... I'll tell him. But I dont think I want to be the one to tell Shawn about this. Someone else can." Bulma began to flip through pages, glancing for a second, then turning the pages so fast, they nearly ripped.

Doctor Pane walked out of the room where Shawn was, and began to slowly tread his way down the hall into the waiting room. "Mrs.Briefs?" A slender yet well built 40 year old man walked into the room. The doctor stood around 6'3. His auburn brown hair shined under the dim hospital lighting. His almost ice blue eyes twinkled with a childhood shimmer. This sending Bulma into a panic. "Y-yes!" Bulma said with a crack in her voice, sounding famillar to a 13 year old boy's journey to man hood. "Uh, Hello. Im Dr.Pane... I'm Shawn's doctor. His condition is stabilized at this time, but I'd like him to stay here over night so we can keep an eye on him." Bulma stood, her bottom lip quivering with excitment, trying to look as serious as possible. Trunks glanced at his mother, and then at the doctor. He knew his mom was like putty now. Dr.Pane looked off his charts and then back at Bulma. "Would anyone like to tell me how this happened?" He ran his hands through his wavy hair, almost killing Bulma. "Yes... Um... He was walking into the work room, see, he's one of our employees. Anyways, he was walking to the tool box, and the stack of metal poles unlached itself from the supports... and he got beamed in the head!" Bulma shook nervously. "Well the lab results show there was a high ammount of iron in the wound, as well as it being in the shape of a pan like structure." I was shocked that the lab could prove so much. "Well I dont know how that happened..." Bulma said edging twards him. "But maybe we could talk about this over coffee..." Bulma stood a little closer to him. Trunks shook his head in disgust. "Sure. I'd like that." Dr.Pane said, dropping the chart to his side. Bulma and Dr.Pane walked out, arms cuffed through the automatic doors.

Trunks and I got permission from a nurse to go see Shawn in his room. As the nurses cleared the room, the shadow of Shawn's head reflected on the wall, painted a faded pink. "Shawn...?" I said, pulling the curtains to the side. As we walked in, Shawn's face was bruised and his face bandaged. "Oh Trunks... look at him... Your mom totaly ruined his face..." I pulled my hair behind my ears. "Yeah. She did give him a harsh beating..." Trunks said, putting his hands in his jean pockets. I walked over to the edge of Shawn's bed, glancing at all the tubing he was hooked up to. Just as I reached out to pull a sheet up over his chest, his eyes fluttered open a little. "uhhh...." He moaned as he struggled to open his eyes. "Serena, is he waking up?" Trunks said, walking a little closer to the bed. "Yes... I think so..." Shawn glanced up at me. "It's... *cough*... an... angel..." I blinked. "What???" I said in shock. "Thank you... I'm... at peace.. now with... God... and the... Angels... Now..." He said, his eyes now half way open. Trunks began to laugh. "He thinks he's dead!" I leaned back and hit Trunks in the chest. "Be nice! your mom just beat the crap out of him!" Shawn let out a sigh and looked at me again. "You must be... The messanger... angel... here to get me...." He said with a little smile on his face. I looked down a him and smiled a little. "No Shawn, your alive. Your going to be OK now." Shawn shook his head slowly. "No, you dont.. need to lie... to me... I'm dead..." "No, your not." I said, putting my hand on my hip. "Oh angel... thank you... you saved me... didn't you...?" I paused. "Er... yes. I saved you. And now you are well." Shawn smiled a little wider. "Thank you..." He said, and fell asleep. Trunks stood, astonished at my abilitys. "Lets go home." I said wrapping my arms around Trunk's chest. Trunks nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Lets go home."

When we got home, all the lights were off in the house. Trunks and I walked to the front door and began to turn the knob, when we heard the noise of some old love music. "Did you leave the radio on?" Trunks asked. "No, I haven't used it for a while now." I answered, peering in through the window. Trunks opened the door, only to find his mother and Dr.Pane making out on the couch. Trunks and I stood in the door way, mouths gaping open. Bulma whiplashed her head around. "T-TRUNKS!" Bulma yelled. Bulma pulled herself off of Dr.Pane, who was obviously absorbed in the moment. "Your home early!!" she said, running to the radio. Trunks blinked in confusion. "Eh heh... Trunks honey... this isn't what it looks like." Just then, Mrs.Briefs walked into the room, carrying a try of strawberries and whipped cream. "Oh! Hello Trunks! Your mother and her friend were going to listen to music and study the Wachunka tribe ways of mating! Would you like to stay and help?" She said, putting down the tray. As she dropped the bowl to the table, Trunks turned and left the house, myself included.

Trunks and I decided we would just leave the house for a while, giving Bulma and Dr.Pane enough time to do what ever they began. Trunks and I arrived at Ginger City Mall a little past 4, hoping to do a little shopping for training clothes. When we walked into the mall, the aroma of perfume made me dizzy as I took my first breath of air in the mall. As we turned the corner into the center of the mall, the lighting blurred a bit, as the white walls, tile, and shops shined brightly. "I think there is a Satan training store over here somewhere... Yeah. Im positive there is." Trunks said, squinting to see across the walk way. We began our little trip around the mall with some window shopping. Mostly me stopping and staring at some nice looking shoes. Mostly Skechers and Nike's. After doing a little window shopping and a couple of buying stops, we sat and talked on one of the benches. "So how long do you think your mom and Dr.Pane are going to take...?" I asked, pulling on a new pair of white Skechers. "Probably not long. But we want them to feel guilty. So we'll be out for a while." Trunks said laughing. I shook my head grining. Just as I pulled my head up, a gaggle of teenage girls came walking down the strech of tile. "Oh brother." I said looking at their low rise jeans and tackly highlights. "Oh no..." Trunks choked out.