Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Through Her eyes ❯ Mental Battle ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Grabbing my mother's leg and tossing her to the side as I ran to Trunks. "IF I CANT GET YOU TO COME HOME, THEN YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO SUFFER!" Mother yelled as she struggled to get up. I rolled my eyes. "You honestly still believe you still have a chance to live." She pushed herself up to her feet and scowled. "YOUR JUST A LITTLE GIRL, SERENA! COME HOME AND LET ME TAKE CARE OF YOU! IM YOUR MOTHER! I KNOW BEST!" Trunks stood there watching my mother cry out in agony. I raised my hands and a Ki engery filled my palms. Light engulfed the floor, and a beam of flowing energy surged from my hands. Mother's eyes welted with tears as she soon saw what I had began. I shook my head slowly lowered it. My eyes soon filled with tears as well. A couple of years before I had a horrible dream about a woman coming and distroying the palace, killing my people and killing my mother as well. In this dream I watched my mother's demise. I never knew until now that I was that horrible woman who distroyed her kingdom, her people, and her mother. All because of her selfish needs. But enough was enough. Letting her suffer was hard enough. I then lowered my hands. "Run." I said as my head lowered.

Mother looked up. "What?" "RUN. GET OUT OF HERE." I screamed. "No, I cant leave you..." Mother said, her eyes now flowing with tears. I shot a ball of ki energy at the floor at her feet. "GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND!" Mother then ran at me, causing Trunks to jump out and knock her to her feet. My bottom lip quivvered as I spoke out to her. "I told you to leave... But you wont listen..." "IM NOT LEAVING!" Then, Quickly with out thinking, I shot an energy blast at her. Thus, Knocking her into the ground and nearly killing her. "I warned you..." I said softly as tears ran down my cheeks. "I warned you, Mother."

I walked over to her and sat on my knees. Slowly, I leaned over her and cradling her in my arms. She made a low sigh and her top eye lids slid open a little. "...you could have been happy at home... but instead you left...... You dream came true Serena... Your free."

Now, feeling more like a prisoner than ever, I pulled my mother close, and whispered in her ear.

"I am only one. Yet I can only please one. Do not ask me for kindness. I have none. Do not ask me for silence. I have little. Do not ask me for your Love. I'm not looking. Do not tell me your troubles. I have my own. Do not tell me where you are. I am here. It's a hard road away from life. But it's even harder to leave."

Just then, my mother gave off a little smile as she slipped into sleep. Forever in her own kingdom. Waiting for me to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About 4 months after, Trunks and I got a little closer and I lived at Capsule Corp.

Trunks slid into his new capsule car. Bulma had just put the finishing touches on her new model of the Flying Tiger. The first model was O.K. for the first time with a new worker, but I have to say Shawn's work wasn't top of the line. Before his work at capsule corp, Shawn was a repair man at Chuck's auto store. I guess to show his co-workers wrong, he filled an application out for Capsule Corp. Trunks felt the new leather seats and fidgited with the mirrors. "Is everything O.K. In there Trunks? Should I lower the seat? Polish something? Rotate some tires?" Shawn hollared. "No. Everything is great. Even the seats fit perfect. Good job Shawn!"

"Really? You mean it? Your not saying this so you wont hurt my feelings right?" "Yes Shawn. It's good. But..." "BUT??? WHAT DID I DO!?" "Nothing! nothing!" Trunks said as he hopped out of the car. "Ever heard of... Bass?" "Bass?" Shawn questioned. "Um... Yeah. Bass fishing." "No, Bass like as in the BUM BUM in the music. Ya know? Making the neighbors wake up cause your driving down the street and the music is cranked up? Thats what we need. a BIG stereo system." Trunks said with an evil grin. "Um... Sure. I'll get right on that after I finish polishing the licence plates... Anything else?" "Yeah. Cup holders." "Cup holders... Right on! Man Trunks! You are one smart dude!" Shawn yelled as Trunks walked back into the house.

Trunks sat down on the couch next to me and sighed. "He's driving me crazy." "Oh be nice! he's just excited that he got this job and now he wants to prove that he is doing a good job." Trunks sighed a little louder and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah but if he calls me dude again Im gunna beat him with a pole." I laughed a little and flipped through channels. "What are you gunna do today?" Trunks said taking his shoes off and putting his feet on the coffee table. "Eh. Probably help mom with the house work." Trunks smiled. "Im glad your calling her mom now." "Why?" "It seems awkward to hear you call her Bulma all the time. I dont know." "Oh... Well I feel like it's O.K. for me to start calling her mom. She told me to a few months ago and now it's just kinda second nature." Trunks nodded and his stomach began to growel. I jumped. "TRUNKS. COVER THE SOUND UP. YOUR GRANDMA WILL--" Just then, Mrs.Briefs popped out of no where with a plate of food. "Is my little grandson hungry??" Trunks laughed and nodded. "OH! Well would Serena like some too?" "No thanks, I just had a sandwich an hour ago." I said flipping through more channels. "Well, If you get hungry just hollar!" I nodded my head and leaned back on the reclining part of the couch, and began watching SpongeBob Square Pants. "C'mon Trunks! Lets make you a big boy lunch!" Trunks groaned. "Do I have to get up???" "Of course! You dont think Im not gunna make you work for your food!" "awww... Grandma..." Trunks made a pouty face. Mrs.Briefs broke down. "OH! PLEASE DONT CRY! ILL GET IT RIGHT AWAY! YOU DONT MOVE, YOU POOR SOUL YOU!" Mrs.Briefs rushed out and went straight for the kitchen. I sat back, amazed at Trunk's skills at pouting his way out of work.

When we heard the smoke alarm go off, we knew the food was done. "IM BACK TRUNKS! I HOPE I DIDNT KEEP YOU WAITING!!!" Mrs.Briefs said running with a cart full of food. "No Grandma. It was only 10 minutes." "10 MINUTES!? I TOOK THAT LONG? IM SO SORRY!!" "No Grandma, It's ok. Im not hurting or anything..." His grandma stopped and shovled some baked goods into his face. "SHHH! EAT! YOUR GETTING CRAZY!" I glanced over from SpongeBob and looked at Trunks trying to fend off his grandma attacking him with chunks of cake. You could only hear his muffled yelp after every swallow of the cake. Every other minute, I'd glance over and look at Trunks. It was almost sad. "Hey you guys, I'm trying to watch SpongeBob. Alright? Let Trunks feed himself." "No! I have to feed my WIDDLE BABY GRANDSON!" She said pulling on his cheek. Trunks winced and spit some cake out. "Whats that Trunks? You saw baked hams at the store for $2.00?? Wow! thats a deal! That would make a Saiya-Jin REALLY happy! Right Trunks?" Trunks thought for a second and nodded quickly, hitting his chest trying to pack the food down his throat. "THATS A DEAL! WOW! WHERE WAS THE STORE!?" Trunks shook his head and looked up. "On the other side of town... the FAR side of town..." "OH! THATS A MIGHTY LONG DRIVE... HMMM... BUT I'LL MAKE THE COMMUTE TO MAKE MY FAMILY HAPPY!" With that she grabbed her purse and ran out the door heading for the car garage.

I had been watching the SpongeBobSquarePants marathon for the last 2 hours. Trunks had fallen asleep laying across the couch with his head in my lap. I was getting a little sleepy myself and decided to change the channel to something more exciting. I surfed through a few until I hit a Jerry Springer channel. "Heh. Fat hicks fighting over fatter hicks. Who can hate this?" I said laughing a little. Just then, a distorted looking man came walking out of the guest door on the Tv show holding a egg beater. "Oh man, this one should be good." I said with a grin on my face. (Jerry: Tell us why your here, Darien!) I gasped. "DARIEN?? BUT TRUNKS KILLED HIM!" (Darien: Ever since my ex-girlfriend's boyfriend tried to kill me, my brain was put into this body. The body of an executive murdered by his wife. and now I am here to tell my Ex-girlfriend that where ever she is... Ill be looking for her... and I'll kill that man of hers! ILL KILL HIM! I WILL! ILL DO IT!) Quickly I turned off the TV. "OK... thats enough of that..." I looked down at Trunks. He was still asleep. A few days before he had gotten a hair cut and it was short again. Down to the middle of his ears. Slowly I pulled his hair behind his ears and ran my fingers though it. Over and over again until the trace of my fingers were visable. He sighed and moved his head a little, trying to get comfortable again. A few minutes after, I fell asleep too.

When I woke up, Trunks was gone and there were no signs of anyone around. I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge. The fridge was always stocked and always with good food. I grabbed a juice container and reached for a glass from the cabnet above me. I pulled at the bottom of my shorts, making my belly button show. I had been wearing these shorts around the house all week. They were jean and were almost faded because I had worn them so much. My shirt wasnt too special. It was the white one I had gotten at the Limp Bizkit concert. Kinda small, but it was a short T-shirt to begin with. With or with out my pants lower, my belly button showed. Just then I heard the back door shut. I brought the glass to my lips and looked into the other room where the back door is. I swallowed and looked around. "Trunks? Is that you?" Suddenly someone put their hand on my shoulder. Startled, I dropped my glass and yelped. I turned to see Shawn, with a shocked look on his face. "I-Im sorry Miss!" He said covering his hands behind his back. I sighed and shook my head. "It's ok. You just scared me." I walked over to the pantry for the broom. "no really, Im sorry! Ill pay you for the glass I broke." "That isnt nessisarry, but thanks. I can handle it. It's only a glass." I said kneeling and sweeping up the shattered glass into the dust pan. Shawn bent over and stared at me. I looked up. Embarassed, Shawn blushed and stood up. "What is it?" "N-nothing." I norrowed my eyes and raised an eyebrow. "Ok..." I stood up and leaned over the trash, emptying the dust pan. "Hey, you wanna do me a favor?" I asked. "Sure! What can I do?" "Try and find Trunks. I haven't seen him since we took a nap watching SpongeBob." "Right on! SpongeBob Rocks!" I rolled my eyes slowly. "Yes. I know." I now knew why Trunks was so irrated with him. He was 22 and still used 'dude' and 'sweet', 'rock on' and 'Rocks' as common phrases.

Shawn, now acting like a Navy Seal, was scouring the house looking for evidence of Trunk's where-abouts. "Miss! Come here!" I was in the kitchen still, Doing Mrs.Brief's dishes, seeing as I didnt want to watch saturday morning cartoons anymore. "What?" "I found something!" I put down the dishes and walked up the stairs. "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???" I said pulling my hair behind my ears. Shawn pulled back the covers to Trunk's bed. "There is hair samples in the bed!" I sighed and pushed him out of the room. "OF COURSE. IT'S HIS BEDROOM! NOW OUT!" "But I made a discovery!" "OUT!!!"

An hour later I found myself becoming stir crazy with out Trunks around. Shawn was following me around. I was tempted to break something and have him confined to the recesses of the garage until he fixed it. But I figured that was too easy. Considering the fact that he was an awfully perky guy. I needed him to do a task that would take a long time. "SHAWN! GET IN HERE!" I yelled from the kitchen. "Yes!?" He ran in, stubbling with all of Trunk's hair products in his arms. "What are you doing...." "Analiyzing these samples of--" "Put them down, Shawn. Thats not right." Considering the fact that I was only a year younger than him, It made me kind of sick to see someone like him. It's like watching baby dolphins get stuck in a net. "I need you to read these dictionarys to make sure there isnt any words missing." "What?" "Yeah. Trunks would be awfully upset if he had faulty books in his house. Ya know?" "Oh I know! I once had a hang nail on my foot and it was all green and--" "Ok. Well you better get to reading. You only have until 8! and right now it's... 3 O' clock! 5 hours to read... hmmm.. 12 dictionarys! oh my!" "Yeesh! Alrighty!" Shawn grabbed all the dictonarys and ran into the study. I grinned to myself and walked into the living room, happy of what I had accoplished today.

Once again, I ended up watching that God awful cartoon channel. A little while later I took a little nap. I was woken up to someone's lips on my forehead. I winced and opened my eyes a little. It was Trunks, standing over me. "Hey... have a good nap?" Trunks asked, moving my legs back twards the back of the couch so he could sit. "Eh, I didnt sleep the whole time. I was up for 2 hours babysitting your little garage pet." I said streching. "Garage-- Oh. Shawn. Where is he now?" I grinned. "In the study. Reading dictionarys to find missing words." "Oh your mean!" "He was in your room and he was carrying your shampoo and gel around. It was the only thing to do!" Trunks laughed. "That sounds like a lot of fun babysitting him!" I scowled. "He was looking at me funny..." "What do you mean?" "Like... all... blushing... and stupid grins..." Trunks blinked. "And this means...?" "Dont leave me alone with him ever again... I almost had a panic attack when he snuck up on me and made me break a glass. Something is weird with him. And I dont know what." Trunks made a face like mothers do when their child is affraid of the boogie man. "Your justs stressed. I think you need to get out and do something." "Like...?" "Go play a sport. Join the swim team, basket ball, teach at some disabled children centers... Coach little leuge...Golf..." I blinked. "Oh! and maybe when Im done getting the voulnteer of the year award, I can go save some homeless whales! Is that what your saying?" Trunks growled. "I offered." I sighed. "Oh Im just kidding. You spend the afternoon with Shawn and lets see how good of an attitude you have!

When Trunks came back it was around 5. Now it was 6 and Still no sign of Mrs.Briefs. "Trunks, Do you think we should go look for her? It's been like 8 hours." "Eh, She does this a lot. She'll be back around 10 empty handed but with some other kind of food. It's like clock work." I leaned back in the dining room chair fiddling with my "People" Magizine. "I dont get it. how can people have these affairs, then have them posted in the news paper and the wife still doesn't know. Where are all these celeb's wives?" Trunks took a drink from his coffee and looked over his news paper funnys. "Probably still blitzed from Mr.Brief's wild partys, Im sure." I laughed a little and toom a drink of my mocha. "When did your mom make that coffee machine? It's handy!" Trunks looked over his shoulder at the coffee maker and bit his lip. "Er... about 3 months ago. She was bored I guess. Thats when she makes most of her best products." Trunks said putting his hand on 'Calvin and Hobbes'. "Speaking of Mom, where is she?" Trunks asked. I threw a few marshmallows into my drink. "I dunno. Probably at that convention she was talking about." "Isnt this nice?" Trunks said glancing around the room. "What?" I asked, burrying my face into my magizine. "Everyone is like... GONE! See how quiet it is? Isn't this amazing??" I raised an eye brow. "Yeah. REALLY!" I gasped at an artical in the magizine. "What is it?" Trunks said. I flashed the magizine at him. "SEE? ACK! IT SAYS YOUR GRANDMA IS A STRIPPER!" Trunks blinked. "WHAAAAAAAAAT?? THOSE LIARS!" I took the magizine back. "Ya know Trunks, The media doesnt lie..." "Oh yeah. REALLY doesn't lie... MY grandma is NOT a stripper. Maybe another Mrs.Briefs..." I grinned. "Then what is this picture of her giving an old man a lap dance all about??" Trunks swiped the Magizine out of my hands. "GAH! THATS MY GRANDPA! AND THATS MY ROOM! HOLY CRAP!!!"

Trunks just sat in the living room for a while, rocking with his legs pulled to his chest. "Trunks... ya know... we can wash those sheets..." Trunks shook his head. "IT's not the same... Im not sleeping in that room... ever... again..." I curled up on the couch and wraped my arms around him. "well there is always the option of sleeping on the couch... Or..." "Or what. Telling my grandparents that I saw them gettin' it on in people Magizine in my room?" "Well no... but that is another option..."

Soon after Trunks pulled it together, He went to his room to change his sheets. While he was doing that, I called the police to see if they had seen any sign of Trunk's Grandma.

"Hello. Police Depo. Here."

"Hello, My name is Serena and I'd like to see if you'd seen someone."

"Could you give me the name please."

"Mrs.Briefs. Brenda Briefs."

"Hmm... Nope. Nothing."

"Really? Nothing? Are you sure? She's been gone for--"

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY! NO WORD OF HER!"

"OK! Geez! Ill just go outside and look for her then. Good to see our tax dollars are hard at work..." ***CLICK***

When I returned, Trunks was reading the instructions for laundry soap. "Need some help?" I asked walking into the laundry room. "No. Im fine. I can do this..." I glanced into the machine. "Thats a good 12 loads worth of soap there, Trunks..." "I know... They're dirty... you saw what they've been through..." I nodded and felt like I had just let him put the lid on a volcano, Soon to activate again.

Trunks and I once again found the way to the couch and watched MORE TV. This time it was Maury. ~TV~ Maury: Welcome. Today on the show we have shocking secrets.~ "Oh joy. Cheaters storys..." Trunks slumpted. "Oh whats the matter with that? It's funny!" "Not when it's the same thing every day..." Just then, there was a sirun coming twards the house, and stopping in our driveway.

(Author) so how was it so far? Good? Gooood... I like to see that my little viewers are happy. Sorry about killin' the queen and all... I really am. But I just didnt want all those characters! Gah! So look out for Pt.3. And oh, Sorry that Pt.1 was so long. I didnt know where to stop.