Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Through Her eyes ❯ Penguins, Elevators, battles, OH MY! ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

For some reason I stayed awake for a while. I don't know if it was because of being scared, or if I was just not in the mood for it. I decided to go and visit Shawn in the hospital, considering that he had been there for a little less than a week. I ran upstairs and put on some jeans and a tank top, noting that it wouldn't look very nice if I went with my pajamas on. Then, I flew down the stairs, and into the garage.

I hopped into Trunk's new capsule car. It was silver with blue flames on the sides, starting from the front, ending at the tail light. The new leather smell wasn't as strong as it was the week before when Shawn had been putting them in. Though it was an open toped car, it was pretty low dipped. It was like sitting in the cock-pit of an airplane. As I pulled out of the garage, the neighbors stared while I drove the sliver sports car down the street and into the city.

Not only was traffic bad that day, it was hot out too, making the other drivers irratated and angry. The man behind me honked his horn at me, almost up against my tail. "MOVE IT! GO!" He yelled out of his mini-van. I turned around and pulled my sun glasses half way down the bridge of my nose. "There is no where TO go." He blinked and nodded, obviously stunned by either my car or something else. I turned around and put my sun glasses back on, facing traffic. Feeling a bit bored, I turned on the radio. :::Today in sports...::: ***crackle*** :::You've dialed into KPON! Home of the...::: ***Crackle*** :::Todays traffic report for down town::: I stoped switching stations and listened to the radio. :::There was a high-jacked plane this morning carrying 40 civilians and 5 government officials. The rumor is that a crazy turban wearing man and his friend, obviously mentally retarded because he was wearing a helmet, got on board with a fake passport and took over command of the plane near Ginger City. They say their names are((*Giggle*, Piccolo and The Great SaiyaMan! LOL! j/k)) John .P. and Paul Newman. Not only did the high jackers get command of the plane, but killed the pilots in the process, leaving the plane literally helpless in the sky. The plane finally dove forward and into the middle of Gravy City.:::

I gasped and turned the volume up. :::The crash only killed those on the plane and 2 pedestrians. *pause* Just in- They have found one of the high jackers. One is alive and the other hasn't been found. Listen in for our live coverage.... "NO! THE BUNNYS TOLD ME TO DO IT! THE BUNNYS! THE GREAT BUNNYS I TELL YOU! YOU MUST SURRENDER YOUR SOUL TO THE GREAT BUNNY!" Thats the news for right now. We will keep you updated on the news.::: I turned the radio off and sat forward, trying to get the image of high- jackers out of my head. Traffic was horrible now because people were going to the site of the accident. I scanned over all the buttons in the car. "Turbo flight...?" I questioned, running my fingers over the button. A large grin came over my face as I pressed the button. Just then, the car flew up higher and bursted into light speed, flying twards the hospital.

BACK AT HOME...

Bulma ran down the stairs and into the living room. "TRUNKS!" She ran to the couch and shook him in his sleep. "WAKE UP!" Trunks groaned and opened his eyes, glaring. "Whaaaat!?" "Yagahosi went crazy at the meeting and demanded that he speak to you! You have to help!" Trunks eye twitched as he tried to shake out of his mother's grip. "Well what do you want me to do?" Trunks pulled the blanket off of himself. "Go there and talk to Yagahosi about re-thinking his account with us!" Bulma let go and hit her son with the files she was carrying. "Hey!" He yelled, rubbing his arm. "Get going!" She scolded. "Alright! Alright!" Trunks said walking out of the living room and up to the business room door. "TRUNKS!" Bulma yelled. Trunks turned and growled. "WHAT?" "Your... *cough* ... In your pajamas." Trunks glanced down. "So I am..." He said and walked into the room. Bulma sighed and covered her face with her hand.

BACK TO THE CAR...

When I landed the car, people stared. Not only was it going at the speed of light, but it was a cool looking car. I walked into the cold hospital and automaticly I could only smell the sanitary soap and other hospital smells. I walked past the recpetionist, pulling my hair behind my ears. "Excuse me! Ma'am!" I stopped and turned. "Yes?" The lady flagged me over to her desk. I leaned over and looked at her. "Hmm?" The lady paused and looked up. "May I have your name please?" "Serena." She checked her books. "Mmm hmm..." She said scooting her chair over and typing some numbers in. I leaned on the desk and yawned. She looked up from her work. "I'm sorry, do you have a problem with regulation policys?" She growled out. I blinked. "No, what gave you the idea that I did?" I rubbed my eye and stood up straight. "Oh, never mind." She said and slapped a paper onto the desk. "Just sign this and I can let you in to see who ever it is that you're seeing." I growled and grabbed the papers, signing them quickly. She grabbed the papers back, grining and pointing to the elevators. "Thank you, Ma'am! The elevators are that way!" I glared and huffed away to the elevators, mubling under my breath. The whole time, she had a staged grin, still watching me even when I entered into the elevator.

As the doors closed, I pressed the number '18' (No pun intended) The elevator began to glide smoothly up the levels. Just then, the elevator came to a julting hault. I staggered as the elevator shook. "What the--" The elevator has stopped between the 12th and 13th floor. I grumbled and looked around the room. "How inconvenient would it be stuck in an elevator with a dead body being sent to the mourge with you... alone... and stuck between floors... no one to save you..." I trailed off as I spotted an over turned sign in the corner of the room. I walked over and picked up the sign. On the other side, the words read, "WARNING. BROKEN ELEVATOR. DO NOT ENTER." My eyes puckered up and I growled. "Receptionist's are evil..." I said, leaning on the elevator wall.

I looked up and spotted a hatch on the roof. "Maybe If I climb up there, I can fly up a few floors and pry open an elevator opening." I jumped up and poped open the elevator hatch. Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a little black blob. As I turned to face it, it was a penguin. But not just any penguin. It was the stuffed penguin named, Agent Q. "What in the--" Just as I began to speak, the penguin jumped up and clung to the cables suspending the elevator. "What are you up to?" I reached out to grab him, when he started to gnaw through the cables. "NO NO NO!" I yelled and dove out to pull him off the cables. Before I could, the cables snapped and the elevator began to fall. Since I dove, I had to fly to keep my self up. I glanced over at the penguin. "You just can't stop following me, can you?" As I turned to scold him, Agent Q's jet pack poped out of his back and he flew at light speed out of the elevator shaft through the ceiling. "I will never understand this plantet. Truely, I wont."

Since I was now stranded, I flew up to the 18th floor and opened up an elevator door. As I pushed the doors open, people stared at me. Obviously by me opening it up with one hand while flying, or because there was no elevator. I do not know. I walked out into the Critical Patients level of the hospital. I came up to room number 498. Shawn's room. The door was open a jar, so I peeked in. There was Shawn, sitting up right and writing a letter. *knock knock* Shawn turned his head twards the door. "Come in." His voice was scratchy and horse. I walked into the hospital room, and smiled. "Good afternoon, Shawn." Shawn blushed and hid his letter under his pillow. "H-hello, Serena!" He bit his bottom lip and pointed to a chair next to the bed. "Sit down, make yourself at home!" "Thanks." I walked over to the chair and pulled it up closer to his bed. Shawn grabbed his jello bowl on the tray next to him. "Jello? I have some left over from lunch." My stomach turned. "No thanks." His smile turned into a frown.

"So... what brings you around here?" "Well, I just wanted to see how you were doing." "Oh... I see..." He trailed off. It was silent for 5 seconds. "Well... how are you doing?" I asked, crossing my arms. Shawn couldn't help but smile. "Good. The doctor says I can leave here in a day or so. They just have to get this dent out of my skull or else it might put pressure on my brain, causing it to hemmorage." I gulped. "That sounds... happy..." Shawn laughed. "It's not that bad. It wouldn't kill me instantly. Maybe in a few days, weeks, months maybe." I laughed weakly. "Well that's good..." Shawn's laugh died down and he turned to look out the door way. "Where's Trunks? Bathroom?" I shook my head. "At home, napping." "Oh. You came here alone?" I nodded. Shawn started to blush again. "Listen Shawn, I know we got off to a bad start. What with you stalking me and all. So here is an open oppertunity to start fresh. Clean slate." "Sure! I like that idea. Wow, you're so smart..." He trailed off, hearts in his eyes. "Ooooh geez..." I said under my breath.

As the conversation grew, a knock on the door cut Shawn off. "Come in..." He said, irritated. Just then, Dr.Pain walked in. "Good afternoon Sha--" He stopped as he saw me. A blush grew over his face. "Uh-Uh... HE-- Hello!" I looked at him and nodded. "Did you come alone? Or is Mrs.Briefs with you?" I rolled my eyes. "Alone." Mr.Pain sighed and he frowned. "Well, Shawn, are you ready to go into surgery?" Shawn nodded and leaned his head down. "Great. If you'll excuse us, I have to give him his anestesia." "OK. Good luck, Shawn." I said, waving. "Good bye... Serena..." His voice faded.

When I got home, all hell had broken loose. The Yagahosi meeting had gone crazy, causing Bulma, Trunks, and Karlie to evacuate the meeting room. "Why is it that everything goes wrong when ever I'm gone from home?" I walked into the living room to see two men laying lifeless on the couch, a few tables over turned an Bulma in the back ground, beating men with pans. (No! not the pans! Think of Shawn, you mad woman!) I walked around and nearly avoided being struck in the head with a letter opener. I turned to see Karlie. Stradled in the corner, with sharp objects in her hands. I blinked and ran across the room to her. "What's going on!?" Karlie put another letter opener above her head and paused. "They're evil, is what's happening! They tried to kill my father in there!" Karlie chucked the letter opener. "What?? Why!?" She grabbed another sharp object. "Because he cut off their bonuses! Those crazy animals went balistic and totaly mauled my dad!" I paused again and ducked, seeing a chair leg fly over my head.

"Where's Trunks?!" I yelled over the sounds of yells and crashes. Karlie pointed behind her to a 'watch tower'. I looked up. "Trunks!? What are you doing!?" Trunks was adorned with weapons. In his hands was a homemade flame thrower. I watched as he shot one off, hitting a man in the chest, and sending him back into the closet door. Trunks looked down at me. "Serena! Watch out!" I looked behind me to see shards of glass and nails fly through the air. A piece of glass hit my cheek. "HEY!" I yelled as I rubbed my wound. A drop of blood teared down the left side of my face. "Grrr..." I held out my hand as a ki formed and shot the menacing glass thrower, bursting him into flames and into a pile of dust. Trunks blinked. "Good job! Get up here in the watch tower! I've got band-aids!" I climbed up the 20 tables and chairs into the little hut made of blankets and chairs. "Why is everyone distroying the house?!" Trunks threw the first aid hit at me. "Hurry up and bandage yourself! They wont be much longer!" I caught the first aid kit and poped it open. "Who!? Why is this so violent!? And why are we involved!?" Trunks turned back and pointed to the bandaids. "HURRY."

I rushed and put on a bandage. "What's going on, Trunks!?" Trunks turned and loaded another gun, throwing it at me. "Yagahosi went nuts. Short and sweet." I blinked. "And it got this violent!?" Trunks nodded and threw some smoke bombs at the incoming group of Yagahosi executives. "Well how are we going to stop them?!" I looked over at Trunks who was loading another shell into a gun. "Cold blood." I blinked. "Trunks...? You feeling alright? Did you take a shot to the head in there?" Trunks shook his head. "No. It's the only way. They don't understand us." "What do you mean they don't understand us?! Just talk to them!" Trunks stopped. "No, I mean they speak spanish. I can't talk to them." I paused. "Oh. Then does that make Karlie bi lingual?" "I guess so." "Iye Caramba."

As the battle ensued, I guessed we were winning by the looks of the dead bodys. "Oh man, we're going to get into so much trouble for this!" I pointed out. Karlie sat against a wall in the watch tower, sandwich in hand. "Well, they can't blame us for self defence." Karlie took a bite and looked over at the now quiet battle field. "Wonder where they're all hiding..." I asked glancing at Trunks who was eating a sandwich too. "For all we know..." Trunks began and took a bite. "They could be hiding right around the corner." Trunks murmered out through bits of sandwich. I glanced around the room, looking for anything moving. As I looked back, Karlie scooted a little bit twards the window. "What is it?" I asked, leaning in. "Bulma... she's out there... with the bodys..." We all gathered around the window watching her toss the dead carasses into a heap in the back yard. She lit a match and set the pieces of paper underneath them on fire, causing the flames to climb up onto the bodys. "Oh my goodness..." I said covering my mouth. Karlie's face was up against the glass as she watched the bodys begin to deterierate. "We are going to have to convince the cop that this wasn't a mass murder some how... I mean, my mother just burned our evidence..." Trunks whispered.