Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Through Her eyes ❯ Will it end? ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Julie lay lifeless on the lawn, sprawled out in her blood. "OH MY GOD!! SOMEBODY CALL AN AMBULANCE!!" I yelled running to Julie. The hole in her head was now oozing with blood. "Why did you do this Julie... Why did you have to do this..." Trunks came running out of the house with his mother and the German business-men. "SERENA! WHAT HAPPENED!?" He asked kneeling in front of Julie. "She went crazy!! Just pulled the trigger on herself!" Bulma frantically dialed 9-1-1 on her cell phone and run into the house to get some sheets. I looked up to see hover ambulances swarm in the air, landing in our front yard. The world went silent around me as news people came running into the neighborhood, trapping us in. I couldn't hear the frantic screams of the rescue workers, nor the sound of mothers screaming from the houses next to us from the sight of Julie. Reporters came running up to me, shoving microphones in my face, yelling questions and pointing to Julie. I couldn't hear anything but Julie's voice replaying in my head. 'I came to you for help, Serena... You abandoned me.' A tear ran down my cheek and down onto my lips. "I didn't mean to..." I whispered. "Forgive me..."

The tabloids said all they could about how Capsule Corps. Vice President's girl friend killed a young girl until the autotopsi revealed that it had been a suicide. Flowers were sent to the house in memory of Julie's death, even though they all didn't know her. I locked myself into my room. The hours went by and reporters were camping out in our front yard, waiting for me to leave the house. Trunks came up to the door and knocked. "Serena...? Are you awake?" Trunks waited for a responce. "Listen, I know how bad you feel right now. But staying in there isn't going to solve anything." He paused, listening to my sobs. "Serena, unlock the door please." I didn't get up. I was huddled under the covers with a pillow over my head, crying heavly. "Serena. Please. Let me in. I want to talk to you." Trunks pressed his hands up against the door, listening for movement. Trunks slid down the door, pressing his back to the door. Trunks sighed, leaning his head back. "Serena, I can't help you if you wont let me in." I wiped my eyes and turned my head twards the door.

It was quiet now. I walked over to the door with my blanket wrapped around my body, up to my neck. I unlocked the door and opened it. Trunks turned his body around and stood up. "Serena..." He said reaching out. I sniffed and ran into his arms. "It was all my fault Trunks... I let her die..." I rubbed my cheek into his chest. "It's not your fault. She was upset and didn't know what to do." Trunks rubbed his hands on my back. I looked up at Trunks, tears staining my eyes and cheeks. "I left her there. I knew we should have brought her with us!" I tightened my grip on Trunk's torso. Trunks looked down at me, drawing his hand up to my chin and cheek, pulling my head up to look at him. "Listen. It's not your fault. She did it herself. You are as nice as they come. You couldn't have been a better friend to her." Trunks stopped and wiped my tears. "And if she was here right now I bet she would tell you that, too." I winced and more tears came out as I rubbed my face into Trunks. "It's OK now... everything is going to be fine." Trunks said, rubbing my back. "Everything."

The night turned into morning as Trunks and I sat up in my bed all night. Mostly from me crying and him trying to coax me to go to sleep. I finally fell asleep around 4-5 AM, the sun had just grazed over the hills. My dreams were vivid. The sight of Julie's death replaying over and over again in my head. Her voice calling out to me and everytime, my back was turned. Every so often, I would start to talk in my sleep, saying Julie's name as I began to cry, waking myself up. This continued until 7 in the morning when I decided that sleeping wasn't going to work and decided to stay up until I passed out. I looked over at Trunks, curled up in the comforter with his feet hanging out at the end. I smiled a little as Trunks shifted his arm out from under him and brought it over his head, pulling himself over to his back. I turned my head and looked up at the ceiling. The paint, now a little chipped, was a pearl color. The room matched, Dark Royal blue silk bedding, silver dressers, and wood floors. It was nothing like my room at home. It was a dark red with green tile. The bed was redish brown, making that the eye sore of the room, but what the room lacked in style, it made up for in size. I eased to my back, sliding into the blankets and closing my eyes.

I had just gotten to sleep when Bulma came running into the room, the reporters chasing after her. I rubbed my eyes and looked out the door. A stampeed of reporters chased Bulma down the hall way. "YOU GET OUT OF MY HOUSE! YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS HERE!" Bulma yelled throwing her coffee cup and morning paper at them. The reporters weren't phased by it and one began to yell, "HEADLINE! MS.BRIEFS: ANGRY MOTHER OF TWO AFFRAID OF GETTING HACKED UP BY SON'S GIRL FRIEND!" (Hehe) Bulma stopped and chased after the reporters, yelling curses and hucking anything that was in arm length. Lamps, Vases, Chairs, etc. I grined and slid under the covers more, snuggling up to Trunks. Trunks didn't open his eyes. Obviously he was tired from staying up all night. A cold breeze filtered through the room, sending papers in. One landed on the bed. I reached down to get it, noting it was damp. It must have rained that night. I scanned over the news letter, my eyes landed on a special headline. "The un-named girl friend is said to have genes from the abomandable snow man. More on page 6." I started laughing and crumpled up the paper, throwing it into the waste basket across the room. I thought to myself, 'It might not be so bad having reporters all over. Maybe I can scare them!'

I got up out of bed and started doing laps around the house, trying to shake off how sleepy I really was. It was odd seeing requests for press confrences labled to, 'Ms.Serena'. It was funny to get lots of attention from people. I was used to just being ranked as Princess. Now I know how bad mother felt when reporters from Earth came to ask her about the kingdom. "Serena." A person in the other room called out in a mellow voice. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't label it. "I told you..." He said, walking out of the shadows. A man, about 5'5, slender and greasy hair stood in front of me. He wore a wife beater and a pair of ripped brown slacks, but in his hand he held the one thing that was the key element to who he was. An egg beater.

***

I gasped and flew forward in bed. Panting, I looked over at the clock. "6:49..." I sighed and layed back in bed. My eyes were ajar and the sun was barely touching my skin. "Ehh... I'm so tired..." I groaned and rolled over in bed. I looked around the room, affraid to go back to sleep. Egg beaters were soon to float around the room if I did. Just then, a large scream echoed through the streets. I leaned up and looked out the window (note... the window is next to me... yet again, another flaw in the Dubbing system...) "HELP! PLEASE HELP ME!!" I blinked and watched as a green haired girl screamed being chased by a young man with butterfly wings, and the other... Mr.Popo. "HELP!! SHELTER ME!!" "KARLIE, MY LOVE! COME TO ME!" They both yelled at the girl. The girl, in a panic jumped into the back yard and ran right into the fence, leaving her completly vulnerable to the men. They hopped the fence and tackled the poor girl. I grined. "The attack dogs should be out soon..." Just then, the gate flew open to where the dogs were and they all ran free. All 25 of them. The pittbulls were just out when Mr.Popo (oh the fat man to the rescue) Picked up the girl and threw her over his shoulder. "DON'T WORRY KARLIE! YOUR LIFE IS SA--" He was cut off when he started 'running' when a dog ran up and bit him in the calf. "AHHH!!!" He screamed and dropped the girl on the floor. I noted to myself. "This is a lot more fun then Cartoons."

The butterfly boy tried to run away from the dogs, but they latched onto his hips and tackled him down, tearing up his wings. Karlie, now on the shreaded grass, sat up and watched as the 25 dogs mauled the two men. She cackled and ran off into a small shack in the back yard. She blocked the door when she heard the butterfly boy (now caterpiller) run up to the door and scratch his nails downt he side of the shed. "KARLIE!! LET ME IN!! THESE DOGS ARE-- OWWW!! EATING ME ALIVE!!" Karlie cackled once again and yelled, "ARE THEY CASTERATING YOU??" His voice was muffled a little as one dog latched onto his jaw. "LET ME IN!!" "NO TAD! YOU'VE PUT ME THROUGH ENOUGH HELL TODAY! YOU GET TO DIE!" She yelled pointing her finger at the door. Tad's body was drug through the yard by these giant dogs, but Mr.Popo was 'Sprinting' away with the intentions of saving Karlie. "KARLIE!! WHERE ARE YOU!?!" Mr.Popo yelled, fighting off the dogs with his fat. Mr.Popo was then tackled by the dogs. 15 of them.

When the yard went silent, Karlie poked her head out of the shed. The bodys of the two were very badly battered and torn. "Oh gross..." She hissed, walking out and scouting out the area. "Um... wonder where I am..." Karlie wondered the yard until she saw a giant pod in the corner. "Uh oh..." I said, watching her walk twards the gravity simulator. She pressed the button on the side of the machine that opened the door. Karlie set her right leg up on the platform and looked inside. "Whoa..." She exclaimed, glancing around. Quickly, I grabbed my robe and ran outside in my pajamas. She accidently bumped the close button on her way in, trapping her inside. "Uh... Oh..." Karlie blinked and walked around the room. "I knew this was a bad idea..." She walked over to the control pannel and looked at the buttons. "One of these has to open the hatch again." She scanned her eyes over the buttons and began pressing them. Just then, the room turned red and a voice said, "500x's normal gravity." Karlie gasped and fell to the floor in a hard thud. "HELP!!! SOME ONE HELP ME!!" She screamed, trying not to have the gravity smush her into a million pieces.

I ki blasted the door of the gravity simulator as I ran into the yard. Then I saw her. The green haired girl had gotten pushed into the metal flooring. "OH NO!" I yelled running to pry her out of her hole. Seeing as the Gravity machine was going to blow any second, I grabbed the flooring underneath her and threw her into the yard about 10 yards away. Just as I jumped, the simulator blew up. As the dust cleared, Karlie began to choke on the dirty air. I walked over to her. She was now on a big hunk of metal, charred and crispy. She looked up at me and her mouth gaped open. "I-I'm sorry for this!" She spit out, her eyes wilting up with tears. "It's O.K. I saw everything." I held my hand out to her. She scanned over my hand, then my face. I gave her a little smile putting my hand closer to her. She reached out and grabbed hold of my hand, pulling herself up. As she grabbed hold, a stream of energy hit me and I jumped back. I looked down at my hand and back at the green haired girl. "Do..." I paused. "Do I know you?" "I don't think so..." She questioned, rubbing her palms. "Oh..." It was silent for 7 seconds. "Would you like to come in... Karlie is it?" She nodded. "Thats my nick name. My real name is Ranku." "How did that happen? Karlie and Ranku are totaly different." I questioned, staring up into my bed room window. "I was adopted. My real parents named me Ranku." She continued to talk as we walked into the house.

We sat at the table for a while talking and drinking coffee. When it was 10:00 AM, Trunks finally walked down the stairs in his pajamas, ready to see the light of day. Trunks walked into the kitchen to find Karlie and I sitting over the kitchen table, talking. "Good morning, hun." I said with a smile. Trunks opened one eye and nodded his head, walking over to the coffee pot. Karlie watched as Trunks poured his coffee almost off target and onto the floor. Trunks leaned for the cream and accidently knocked his cup off the counter. Karlie gasped as she saw the cup fall, but Trunks dove and caught it. He rubbed his eye and leaned back up, groaning. "Get enough sleep last night?" I asked sipping on my coffee. "Not as much as I had liked." Trunks scratched his arm and walked over to the table, cup in hand. Karlie eyed him and scooted a little to the left. The opposite side of Trunks. Trunks slouched in his chair and stared into the black liquid. Trunk's eyes slid from his coffee to Karlie. "Who are you?" Karlie blinked. "I'm... Karlie." Trunks put his elbows on the table, crossing his arms, and yawned. "Hmmm." He sighed as his eyes slowly closed. I shook my head. "I think you need a nap, Trunks." Trunks opened one eye and looked up at me. "I might go do that..." He said, pulling out his chair and walking into the living room, grabbing a blanket off the shelf and sprawling out on the couch.

Karlie and I talked for a little longer until I started getting sleepy again. "You all must have had a rough night, huh?" Karlie asked, running her fingers through her hair. "I couldn't sleep. I was crying all night and when I did get to sleep I had nightmares." I rubbed my eye and rested my head on my hand. "I think I might go take a nap too." "Oh. Well if you want me to leave, just say so." I waved my hand at her. "No no! Your always welcome here! Make yourself at home." Karlie's face was flushed and she nodded. I leaned back and streched. Just then, Bulma walked in the door. "Oh! Good morning, Serena. Who is your little friend?" "This is Karlie. She ran into some problems so I helped her out." Karlie nodded her head and sighed with a smile on her face. "Really? Thats neat. Anyways, where's Trunks? He's late for a board meeting." I pointed into the living room. "I wouldn't bother him. He's liable to bite your hand off." Bulma laughed and put her hand on her hip, holding papers in the other. Her black business suit just barely covered up the top of her thighs, showing more skin then nessisary, and her top was a little too low dipped to be considered modest.

"Well I don't know whos going to represent Capsule Corps today for the Yagahosi Industry meeting." Karlie perked her head up. Yagahosi? My father is the CEO of that company. I know a lot about it." Bulma's face brightened as if she had made a brand new best friend. She walked over to Karlie and put her arm around her. "Karlie, was it?" "Yes..." "Karlie my friend, would you be able to go to this meeting for me? I'll pay you for your time." Karlie blinked and 'hmm'ed'. "Sure." Bulma giggled and was almost about to click her heels with excitement. "Come with me, Karlie! The meeting awates!"