Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Through Her eyes ❯ The proposal ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I ran down the street laughing insanely, watching people stare and hide their children from me. It was getting dark and the streets were being lit with neon signs outside bars and strip clubs. I ran down one street and into a dark alley, hopefully being well hidden from the others. The alley was very damp and seemed to have an eerie atmosphere about it. "Hey you!" A voice yelled out. I jumped and turned around to see a shadow of a man about 6'3". "Yessssss?" I replied. He stepped forward and sized me up. "What's a girl like you doing in such a bad part of town?" I paused and looked around. "Awww, it's not bad! It's nice! What's your name? My name is Serena!" I shouted with a grin. I leaned in a little and whispered. "But you can call me Peter Pan..." The man gave me a look and pulled back. "I think we need to take you to a shelter or something." "SERENA! SERENA!" Trunks voice called out. "Oh no!" I shouted and dove behind the man. "Hide me! He wants to take me away!" The man looked down and murmered, "I wonder if that's a bad thing..."

Trunks ran into several clubs and taverns before deciding that he should look down dark aumunous alleys. "Serena!" He hollared. "Sere! Come out!" Karlie yelled while dragging Goten away from a hot dog stand. I fell out of the alley onto the sidewalk, right in front of Trunks and the others. "Ah!" I yelled, trying to get onto my feet again, but face planted. "Serena! We were looking everywhere for you!" Karlie said shaking her finger. Trunks leaned down and held out his hand. "Come on. We've got to get you back to the cabin." I shook my head a tried to stand up again, but colapsed. Karlie gasped and grabbed my arm. "I can't believe we let you get so hammered!" She said while dusting a clot of dirt off my knee. I blinked with one eye slowly as my knees began to tremble while I struggled to get up again. Then, I blacked out.

I woke up about 15 hours later in my bed. I rolled over and groaned. My head felt like it was going to split, and I smelled like liquor. "You're awake." A voice said from a corner. "Good to see you have some composure." I squinted my eyes and tried to make out the blur in the corner. Karlie rolled into the room with some soup and wash cloths. "Is she awake yet, Trunks?" Trunks walked out of the corner with a tired look on his face. "Yeah. She is now." "Trunks... What happened?" I asked opening my eyes further. "You got totally blitzed and passed out. I knew I shouldn't have let you drink so much." "I knew it too." Karlie said ringing out a wash cloth. "We should have taken you out of there after you started looking glazed over." I rolled over and sighed. "I feel terrible." "Here." Trunks said offering me some aspirin. "It'll make you feel better." I smiled and swallowed the two white pills with some water on my night stand. I looked around the room and frowned. "Where's Goten?" "Spear fishing." He sighed. "You mean... with a real spear?!" I gasped. "Sadly enough, yes." Karlie replied. Just then, a victorious yell hollered from outside. "Was that Goten!?" She yelped. Trunks flew out of the room to see what was going on. "Goten! What's wrong?!" Goten glowed with happiness as he showed Trunks his first speared fish. "Isn't it great? I'm going to eat him! He he!" The fish drooped off the giant spear, as the fish was bigger than Goten. "Goten, pal. That's a baby whale I think. Or do they just get that big here..." Goten 'Psshh'ed and turned to show Karlie his catch. "LOOK AT THIS FISH!" Trunks sighed and followed after Goten.

* * *

"So there I was. Face to face with the beast. I looked it in the eyes... showing it who was boss, and WHAM! Right there I caught it. Ha. I showed those fish who's their master!" Karlie clung to Goten's arm and smiled. "Oh Goten. You're so strong! And powerful!" "Now Goten, was that before or after you screamed like a little girl and closed your eyes?" Trunks asked with his arms crossed, a grin smeared across his face. "Oh shut the hell up, Trunks! You're jealous! You can't catch fish anyways! Besides! I only covered my eyes in strategy! Old Indian war technique, you know. My second cousin on my mother's side taught me it. All of us know it in the family." Goten said triumphantly. "Damn Goten, You're mother's side of the family is from Germany and you've never seen an Indian in your life!" Goten glared and began to say, 'Oh yeah?' but the words were soft and muted as he turned to continue with his story. Trunks smiled and looked at me huddled up in a ball on the bed, covers engulfing my body. He slid next me and put his hand on my back, gently rubbing in big circles. "Sorry you don't feel good." I uncovered my face from the comforter and smiled. "It's OK. I'll be better tomorrow. I just need to sleep it off I guess." Trunks smiled back and nodded. "Come on guys, lets leave Serena alone so she can sleep." "Get better, Sere! I love you!" Karlie said with enthusiasm. "I'll try." Before Trunks left the room, he took one more look at me and then turned to leave the room.

* * *

I woke up the next day, revitalized and not hung over. I rolled over to see Trunks stretched out across the bed with one arm behind his head and the other off the side of the bed. He breathed almost silently as his chest rose and fell again. I watched his lips slowly open as he let out a sigh and rolled his head onto his shoulder, his eyebrows frowned as his body tensed. His body was warm as I rolled next to him, wrapping my arms around his chest. He didn't open his eyes, just brought his arm over onto my back, pulling me closer. I knew he wasn't awake, he usually did it on impulse, but today seemed different. Trunks was grasping a little tighter, as if preventing me from moving, but I didn't mind. Trunks kept moving in his sleep, like he was running away from someone or something. He made a soft whimpering noise as he turned his head away from me. I sat up a little to look at him closer. I put my hand on his chest and shook him gently, trying to wake him up. "Trunks-Koi..." I yelled, shaking him more. He continued to be chased down in his dream while he tossed about the bed. "Trunks-Koi!! Wake up!!" I pushed him harder against the mattress until finally he flew forward and gasped. He looked at me with a panicked expression on his face. "Trunks! What's wrong?" I asked holding his hand tightly. He rubbed his eyes with his left hand, the opposite of the one I was holding, and sighed loudly. "I had a terrible dream." I leaned in, interested to hear about it. "I was stuck in this deserted swamp, and my powers were useless in this world I guess, because when this serpent came out of the mud I--" I threw myself back and gasped. My heart raced as I replayed what he had just said. "Did you say a serpent...?" "Yes? Why?" I swallowed hard and looked around the room with fear. "Do you remember that dream I had and you had to come and wake me up from it, but I gave you a good shot to the face instead?"

Trunks, confused at what this had to do with his dream, nodded and leaned forward. "Well that's exactly what my dream was about... That's why I heard you calling my name in my dream..." Trunks had a surprised expression on his face as he eased back under the blankets. "thats really weird. Maybe it's a fluke?" "No. You don't have dreams exactly like that and call it a fluke. There's something going on!" I shouted. Trunks grabbed my arm and pulled me closer to him. "What ever it is, it can't be that bad. I wont let anything happen to you. I keep telling you that." "I know but--"

Trunks put his finger over my lips and smiled. "No more buts. You don't worry about anything. No one is going to hurt you or me." I sighed and let my self go limp in his arms. "I guess so."

* * *

I just laid in bed until Trunks got up, not wanting to leave him to have the same dream again. He was sleeping soundly, so I decided it was time to make another entry in my diary.

Dear Diary, Yeah. It's me again. Things have gotten worse since a few weeks ago. I thought my dreams were the only problem, and now Trunks is off having the same exact dreams! It's totally weird. I never meant to cause him so much pain. Lord knows I love him to death and would sacrifice my life for him, but I don't think I'm being such a good person letting all this crap happen in your lives. I know he proposed to me, and that means he loves me, but I still feel like I'm disappointing him somehow. Well, I'll write more some other time, Trunks-Koi seems to be waking up.

-Serena