Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Twisted Fate ❯ Chapter 14 ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 1

Chapter 14

"Well, What am I supposed to do?" Serena asked. Trunks thought for a second. "Ok. We'll work on your aim. Try to hit that tree." He pointed to a tree that seemed to be fifty million feet away to Serena. "But when I attack, it won't be that far away!" She whined. Trunks huffed impatiently. "Just do it!" Serena stepped back a step in surprise. "Alright! But you don't have to speak to me that way!" Serena got ready to attack. "You remind me of Vegeta." "What?!"

STARLIGHT HONEYMOON THERAPY KISS!!

The attack hit the tree at full force, almost breaking it in two. "Happy now?" Serena said. Trunks smiled, "Very. I realize when you get annoyed or upset, your more powerful than usual." He stated. "Still, don't speak to me like that!" "I won't." "So whats next?" She asked. "I think we should still stick with the scepter."

So, for the remainder of the day, Trunks had trained Serena, and she had gotten a lot better at her attacks. "Its almost sundown, I think we should continue tommorrow." Trunks stated. "As you wish." Serena said as she transformed back into her normal self. Serena wondered, Trunks was not acting like himself today. He seemed aggrivated, even though when he yelled at her he was just testing, or was he? She also couldn't help but notice that determined look in his eye as he looked at the sunset. "Trunks," Serena began, "Are you ok?" She asked, but had gotten no response. Then it clicked in her head. She noticed something that she had seen before only once. That day, he had came to her house to comfort her when she confronted Darien, when he was explaining about his past, he had a look of anger and fear in his eyes. That was it. Fear. He was afraid.

"Where are you going?" Trunks asked as he saw Serena about to take off. "Home. Why?" "No reason.." Then he went back to staring at the sky. Serena shrugged her shoulders and got about halfway into the air when Trunks wrapped her in a bear hug. "Did you really think I was going to let you get away that easily?" He said. "I'm sorry I yelled at you today." Serena looked up at him. "I know, you where just testing me." He smiled and hugged her tighter. "I'm glad you understand!" "Uhh..Trunks.." Serena heaved. "Too tight...too tight..." Trunks looked and saw her face turn a deep shade of blue. "Oh! I'm sorry!" He let her go and she gasped for air. "Thank..you.." She hesitated, then got an idea. "Ok! We did enough of what you wanted to do today, now we're going to try my idea." Serena landed onto the ground. "We're going to play tag!" Trunks thought, "This should be easy.." "On the ground!" Trunks sighed. "Fine.." Serena giggled. "Good...now count to 100 and I'll hide. GO!!!" She ran into the now darkening park. "Fine. 1..2..3..45..56...72...99....100!!!" He shouted as he also ran into the park.

Serena huffed. "Shit! Where do I go?!" She saw a dark shadow of someone running. "Crap!" she mumbled and ran to another tree. She quietly waited behind the tree and looked in front of her. Serena nearly jumped 50 feet in the air when she felt a hand on her shoulder. "Oh, its only you!" She sighed. Trunks laughed. "Tag, your it!" "Oh, no!" Serena fell onto the ground and Trunks laid next to her. "Isn't it pretty?" He asked, looking up at the star-filled sky and wrapping his arms around his girl. Serena nodded and cuddled into Trunk's embrace.

That was the last warm moment the couple shared throught the rest of the 9 days. They never trained together again after that, for their feelings had gotten in the way. The next time they saw each other was when the games began....