Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Destiny Calls ❯ The Mysterious Youth ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 1 goes up. This is Chapter 2. Read and review.
 
Suuki-Aldrea: Well, this is your Chapter 2.
 
Disclaimers: Only the plot is mine.
 
Chapter Summary: Trunks and Ami arrive to the past. Trunks blasts Frieza and King Cold to obliteration. Piccolo senses the princess. And welcome back Goku!
 
Chapter 2: The Mysterious Youth
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
As Frieza and his father, King Cold, approached the Earth, the Z Senshi met up near the landing site and prepared for battle.
 
Without Goku though, they doubted they would stand a chance.
 
Meanwhile, Frieza was eager to get his revenge and once his ship landed, he ordered his soldiers to begin the attack.
 
They were stopped when a mysterious stranger stepped before them.
 
“What is it, Earthling?” Frieza asked.
 
“I'm here, to kill you.” Trunks announced.
 
“You're here to kill us?” Frieza mocked. “Impudence fool.”
 
“I know… you're Frieza, yes?” Trunks begun.
 
“I'm honored, to have being outside of the Milky Way know my name. It's a pity you have no idea that I'm the most powerful being on the entire Universe.” Frieza boasted.
 
Turning to one of his minions, Frieza added, “Finish him.”
 
“His battle aura is only five. Pathetic.” the soldier scorned. “Weakling.”
 
Then, the fish-like soldier fired a ki blast that the seemingly weak Trunks, only to have the blast deflected easily.
 
The soldier was stunned, which gave Trunks the opportunity to beat him with the back of his arm.
 
The soldier went flying onto the surface of the ship.
 
Outraged, the rest of Frieza's soldiers rushed towards the teenager.
 
They attacked him but were sliced up by his sword.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back with the rest of the Z Senshi, all of them felt the sudden jump in battle Ki.
 
“What's wrong?” Bulma asked.
 
“There was a sudden increase in Ki, then it disappeared in a flash.” Krillin replied.
 
“What's going on?” Yamcha asked.
 
“What's happening on the other side?” Tien added.
 
Piccolo frowned when he sensed yet another aura, this time not one with Ki energy.
 
This aura was from someone who was supposedly lost for centuries.
 
The princess? Piccolo wondered.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back with Trunks and Ami, Frieza laughed, “Not bad…”
 
King Cold added, “For an Earthling.”
 
“It's your turn now.” Trunks declared.
 
“An impressive chap.” King Cold replied.
 
Turning to Frieza, he laughed, “Did you hear what he just said? He wants to defeat us.”
 
“The end result of someone with no power and likes to boast is early death.” Frieza announced.
 
“How about I give you a taste of defeat?”
 
“You'll be killed by me in an instant, do you know that” Trunks declared.
 
“Nani?” Frieza frowned.
 
“Interesting.” King Cold remarked.
 
“I give it my best when I battle because I'm not like Goku; merciful.” Trunks said.
 
“Son Goku? Is that the name of that Super Saiyan? So, you're in cahoots with him.” Frieza noted.
 
“I've heard of him, but I've never met him face to face. You said that you'll kill all of the Earthlings before that Super Saiyan arrived.” Trunks repeated.
 
“Yes, you and that onna behind you; are two of them. You've killed my soldiers, so I have no choice but to finish you off myself.” Frieza declared.
 
“You're wrong!” Trunks declared.
 
“To me, removing the trash of this planet is very easy.” Frieza stated.
 
“Iie! As I've said, you're wrong!” Trunks proclaimed.
 
“Son Goku isn't the only Super Saiyan around here. I am a Super Saiyan as well.” he informed his two enemies.
 
Ami wisely stepped back.
 
“Nani?” both Frieza and King Cold gasped.
 
With a loud scream, Trunks powered up.
 
“This brat is a Super Saiyan.” King Cold frowned.
 
“Your days are numbered!” Trunks declared hotly.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back with the Z Senshi, both Piccolo and Vegeta were stunned by the sharp leap of Ki.
 
“Nani? Such a huge Ki?” the rest exclaimed.
 
“It's Dad!” Gohan exclaimed. That's the same power as Dad!”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“It's you whose days are numbered!” Frieza screamed, rising a hand to fire a Ki blast.
 
Insert huge explosion sound.
 
“It has begun!” Yamcha shouted, seeing the mushroom cloud rising into the sky.
 
“You did it, Frieza! He isn't our match!” King Cold laughed.
 
Unknown to King Cold and Frieza, Trunks had already leapt out of the way of the Ki blast, taking Ami with him.
 
Carefully placing the young healer on the cliff, the lilac-haired youth thrust both his hands forward.
 
“FRIEZA!” he screamed, turning the two evil beings' attention to him.
 
Then, in Vegeta's classic `Final Flash' stance, he fired a 'Burning Attack' at the two.
 
Insert another even huger explosion sound.
 
Both Frieza and King Cold powered up, jumping into the air to avoid the blast.
 
Then, Frieza looked up, in shock as a powered up Trunks came down on him, hard and with his sword drawn.
 
With one single vertical slash, Frieza was cut into half.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back on the ground, Gohan shouted, pointing to the sky, “Krillin, look!”
 
The more seasoned fighters looked up to where Gohan was pointing, to see three dots in the sky.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back in the battle field, Trunks begun slashing the halved Frieza quicker than the untrained eye could see, before firing a Ki blast that completely destroyed Frieza pieces.
(A/N: Frieza pieces… O.o;;; that sounds so wrong.)
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back with the Z Senshi, the gang was astounded at the quick way the remodeled Frieza was dealt with.
 
“That person… is Frieza. He actually destroyed Frieza in such a short time.” Vegeta noted.
 
“Your eyesight is so good. To be able to see so clearly. But Goku grown so strong in such h a short time. The Earth is saved again.” Bulma noted.
 
“He isn't Goku. Looks like a Super Saiyan.” Yamcha replied.
 
Gritting his teeth, Vegeta powered up and took off.
 
The rest of the Z Senshi, minus Yamcha, took off after him.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
After taking care of Frieza, Trunks landed back on the cliff.
 
King Cold landed seconds after him.
 
“Not bad. You're better than I thought; managing to defeat my son in such a short time.” King Cold complimented.
 
“Do you wish to replace Frieza as my son? Only you, being the strongest in the Universe, have ability to be part of us. In this way, every planet in the Galaxy will be under your command.” he offered.
 
“Not interested.” Trunks retorted.
 
“Such a great offer, but you refused.” King Cold tsked.
 
“I'm more interested in your sword though. If it is convenient, I would like to take a look at it.” he added.
 
Trunks glared at him.
 
“What? Or are you afraid?” King Cold taunted.
 
Smirking, Trunks reached behind his back and unsheathed his sword.
 
Then, he tossed it to King Cold who caught it effortlessly.
 
Observing the sword, King Cold remarked, “Yes, this is a very good sword. It is my theory that without this sword you would not have defeated my son so easily. What do you think?”
 
Trunks replied, “Believe whatever you want to believe.”
King Cold laughed, “Hah! Alright then I will! I say, that without this sword you're nothing! That's what I believe!”
 
He grabbed the said sword and attempted to kill Trunks with it, only to have the lilac-haired half Saiyan catch the blade with ease.
 
“I think not.” Trunk smirked.
 
Then, Trunks placed a hand on King Cold's chest.
 
Realizing what he was about to do, King Cold exclaimed frantically, “W-Wait... only my son was evil, I just crave peace!”
 
His protest was cut short by Trunks' Ki blast through his heart.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
In the air, the rest of the Z Senshi were remarkably shocked by the sudden turn of events.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
With King Cold on the side of a cliff, either knocked out or dead, Trunks fired another Ki flare that blasted King Cold to obliteration.
 
Turning to the space ship, Trunks unleashed another Ki flare that destroyed the space port.
 
Re-sheathing his sword, Trunks finally turned his attention to the shell-shocked Z Senshi.
 
“Hey, I'm about to welcome Goku back now. Want to come along?” he proposed.
 
“Nani?” the Z Senshi gasped.
 
“How did he know my father?” Gohan questioned.
 
Pointing to his left, Trunks added, “It's pretty near here. Come with me.”
 
“Who is he? A Super Saiyan? How can this be? We're the only Saiyans around here.”
Vegeta mumbled angrily.
 
Not really waiting for an answer, Trunks took off.
 
Ami looked meaningfully at Piccolo before spreading her wings, following Trunks.
 
Yes, she's definitely the princess. Piccolo nodded.
 
“I'm going after him.” Gohan declared.
 
“But we don't know who he is.” Krillin pointed out.
 
“I'm with Gohan on this one. Not only did he defeat Frieza, he also know Goku. I don't think he's an enemy.” Tien agreed.
 
“But how did he know?” Yamcha wondered out loud.
 
Vegeta smirked, “I'll have to know him better.”
 
Turning his head back slightly, Trunks smiled when he saw the Z Senshi were following him.
 
Looking at his watch, Trunks mumbled, “573...100220... Should be around here.”
 
Finding a spot, he landed, followed closely by the others.
 
Taking a small case out of his jacket pocket, Trunks opened the container and removed a capsule.
 
Tossing the said casing onto the ground, the capsule turned into a portable refrigerator.
 
“Careful, he's taking something strange out.” Yamcha warned.
 
Kneeling down, Trunks opened the fridge and commented, “There's still three hours
before Goku arrives. There's still plenty of drinks in here. Please help yourself.”
 
“I'll need some.” Bulma declared.
 
“Me too.” Gohan nodded.
 
“Then excuse us.” Bulma said, stopping before the opened fridge.
 
“Wow, so this is a specially-created refrigerator.” Gohan noted.
 
Krillin followed suit.
 
Catching Trunks' gaze, Bulma asked, “Have we met before?”
 
“Iie.” Trunks replied, somewhat shyly.
 
“How did you know about my father?” Gohan asked.
 
“I've only heard of him. I've never seen him face to face.” Trunks admitted.
 
“Then how do you know he'll arrive in three hours' time?” Krillin pressed.
 
“Hrm…” Trunks hesitated.
 
“We can't reveal that. Gomen.” Ami answered for him.
 
Turning to the momentarily forgotten girl, Krillin asked, “And who might you be?”
 
Ami let out a mysterious smile, “That, you'll have to ask Piccolo.”
 
“Why not? Who are you people? Why does he have such a high Ki?” Vegeta demanded.
 
“Gomen, that... I can't tell.” Trunks replied.
 
“You were a Super Saiyan when you defeated Frieza.” Gohan noted.
 
“Yes.” Trunks nodded.
 
“Stop bluffing! Me, Goku and his half-breed son over there are only Saiyans left! Other than the three of us, it's impossible for another Saiyan to exist.” Vegeta pointed out.
 
“Still, the fact remains that he defeated Frieza after turning into a Super Saiyan.” Gohan rebuked.
 
“Also, all Saiyans have black hair.” Vegeta added.
 
Then Bulma noticed something.
 
“Hey, how did you have the symbol of Capsule Corp on your jacket? Are you one of our employees?” she asked.
 
“Iie.” Trunks replied.
 
“Even that's a mystery? You can't even reveal your name and age?” Bulma questioned.
 
“I can't tell you my name, but I'm seventeen.” Trunks answered.
 
“Can't even say his name? That's strange.” Tien noted.
 
“Yeah, why conceal so much?” Yamcha added.
 
“Hey, stop probing so much, he's embarrassed as it is. Besides, he saved the Earth.” Bulma defended her future son.
 
After a while, everyone spread out.
 
“Piccolo I've been meaning to ask you something.” Gohan begun.
 
“What?” Piccolo asked.
 
“Why didn't you leave with the Namekians?” Gohan asked.
 
“It's very simple. I have no intention of leading such a boring life.” Piccolo smirked.
 
“So, you've been training all these time?” Gohan exclaimed.
 
“Yes.” Piccolo answered.
 
“I didn't see Vegeta during the day; he must be training somewhere.” Bulma whispered to Krillin.
 
“He has a huge ego. He will only relent when he has beaten Goku.” Krillin replied.
 
Then, Bulma noted something, “Hey, now check this out: is it just me, or do those two kinda look alike?”
 
Krillin nodded in agreement, “Well, now that you mention it, I can kinda see a resemblance. Well, I mean, just in looks. That other guy seems pretty nice, but Vegeta has the personality of a stump.”
 
Bulma shrugged, “Well, he's a prince.”
 
Krillin quirked a brow, “So what.”
 
Bulma replied smugly, “Princes have to act bored, like the world's not good enough for them.”
 
Krillin rolled his eyes, “Vegeta seems more agitated than bored, like he's got a bad case of hemorrhoids or something.”
 
Catching Trunks' unconscious glance, Vegeta snorted, “What are you looking at ?Haven't you ever seen a pink shirt before?”
 
Blushing slightly, Trunks turned away and stammered, “Oh, nothing, I just...like your shirt.”
 
Vegeta snarled, “You would.”
 
“Maybe he met Goku in the galaxy.” Tien speculated.
 
“He seems to know quite a lot about Earth.” Chaozu noted.
 
“If what he says is true, then Goku will appear and everything will be cleared up.” Tien added.
 
Time passed by, then Trunks announced, “He should be here.”
 
“It's true.” Tien gasped.
 
“I can feel it.” Chaozu added.
 
“Someone is coming.” Yamcha noted.
 
“It's just as he said.” Bulma exclaimed.
 
“It's Dad! It's Dad's Ki!” Gohan cried out joyously.
 
From high above the sky, a space port shot down to Earth like a meteorite.
 
Then, it crashed into Earth some distance away.
 
“There!” Gohan shouted, rushing over.
 
Everyone, minus Trunks and Ami, rushed over to the huge crater formed by the space port.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: Phew, another chapter down. Stay tuned for Chapter 3: Mystery Revealed.