Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ When Destiny Calls ❯ Mystery Revealed ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 1 goes up. This is Chapter 3. Read and review.
 
Disclaimers: Only the plot is mine.
 
Chapter Summary: Goku finally returns and after testing him, Trunks reveals the truth about him and Ami. The pair return to the future, leaving Goku to explain to the Z Senshi what lies ahead.
 
Chapter 3: Mystery Revealed
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
The space pod opened after a while and Goku stepped out.
 
“He's done it!” Bulma exclaimed.
 
“Dad!” Gohan cried out.
 
Goku!” Yamcha greeted.
 
“Why are you all here?” Goku asked, puzzled.
 
“How did you know I was coming back?” he added, floating up.
 
He really is alive. Vegeta thought.
 
“He told us you'll appear.” Bulma replied, pointing to Trunks.
 
“Do you know him, Dad?” Gohan asked.
 
Goku replied, somewhat confused, “Who is he?”
 
Bulma, Krillin and Gohan were bewildered by his answer.
 
“You really don't know him?” Bulma pressed.
 
Goku shook his head in negative.
 
“He knew you'll be here.” Bulma added.
 
“Really? That's strange. I was worried more about Frieza, seeing how he knew I was to be here.” Goku admitted.
 
“That reminds me. Who defeated Frieza and his goons? I felt such a huge Ki. Was it Piccolo or Vegeta?” he added.
 
“He defeated Frieza in a flash. Like you, he is a Super Saiyan.” Piccolo replied, nodding pointedly at Trunks.
 
“A Super Saiyan?” Goku blinked.
 
“So young, yet so powerful. I didn't think there were anymore Saiyans left.” Goku noted.
 
“Impossible! There aren't any Saiyans left besides us.” Vegeta retorted.
 
Goku nodded.
 
“Why bother about these things. He is a Super Saiyan after all.” he replied.
 
“Son Goku, I have some things I have to speak with you; in private.” Trunks begun.
 
The older man nodded and the trio walked over to the other side of the crater.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“I should thank you for taking care of Frieza and his goons. I should have destroyed them back on Namek.” Goku admitted, once they were alone.
 
“Truthfully, Frieza should've been destroyed by you. But since there wasn't any time, I had to interfere.” Trunks confessed.
 
“Frieza's ship was too fast; it gave me the slip. Seems to me they aren't repentant. I was about to deal with them when you appeared.” Goku asserted.
 
“You're late by three hours, so it would be impossible.” Trunks noted.
 
“Iie, I've learnt a new technique.” Goku shook his head.
 
Trunks was surprised.
 
“A new technique?” he echoed.
 
“Yes, it's known as Shunkan IdÅ.” Goku replied.
 
“Shunkan… IdÅ?” Trunks repeated.
 
“Instant Transmission.” Ami translated.
 
“And you will be…” Goku trailed, looking at the blue-haired girl.
 
“Your Ki is low, but I can feel a different power from you.”
 
Ami smiled and turned her head, “Out of you Z Senshi, Piccolo knows me best.”
 
“I have a feeling he already suspected who I am.”
 
“I see.” Goku nodded.
 
“The people on the planet Yardrat taught me. Even though their strength isn't much to talk about, but they do have quite a number of interesting techs.” the Saiyan declared.
 
“I see… so I've unconsciously altered history. That's why although I should've met you alone, somehow I've met up with the others as well.” Trunks realized.
 
“History? How's that?” Goku asked.
 
“Please answer me this first. Can you transform into your Super Saiyan form at ease?” Trunks wondered.
 
“Not initially, but I've got the hang of it.” Goku replied.
 
“Then please show it to me, here.” Trunks requested.
 
Goku was puzzled by the request.
 
“Please.” Trunks added.
 
The older Saiyan nodded and raised his Ki.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
On the other side, the rest of the Z Senshi were wondering what the three were talking about when they felt Goku's Ki rise sharply.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“Is this alright?” Goku asked the youth before him.
 
“Thank you. I'm rather astonished, it's the same when I'm a Super Saiyan as well.” Trunks noted.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
On the other side, Bulma was stunned.
 
“Strange, what is Goku doing? Turning into a Super Saiyan?” she wondered aloud.
 
“Super Saiyan?” Tien echoed.
 
“They aren't battling, are they?” Yamcha asked.
 
“No wonder he could defeat Frieza.” Vegeta mumbled.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“Then?” Goku asked.
 
“I too am a Super Saiyan.” Trunks confessed.
 
His Ki rose, as Trunks was surrounded by a golden flare.
 
“I see… the resemblance is uncanny” Goku noticed.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
On the other side, Tien exclaimed, “He is a Super Saiyan too!”
 
“What are they doing?” Yamcha asked.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“Forgive me.” Trunks said, drawing his sword.
 
Ignoring Ami's shocked gasp, Trunks dashed towards Goku.
 
But his attack stopped short at the edge of Goku's Ki.
 
“Why didn't you dodge?” Trunks asked.
 
“Because I knew you'll stop.” Goku replied.
 
“Then this time, I won't go easy on you.” Trunks promised.
 
“Good.” Goku nodded as he rose a finger.
 
Trunks attacked, only to have Goku block every sword swipe with merely a finger.
 
That done, a satisfied Trunks powered down and resheathed his sword.
 
“You're better than I thought. You really live up to your name.” the lilac-haired teenager admitted.
 
“This sword was able to slice through Frieza.” he added.
 
“In reality, you don't have the heart to battle.” Goku told him.
 
“I'm willing to talk.” Trunks finally said the fated sentence.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back on the other side, Bulma noted, “Man, for two guys who don't know each other they sure do have a lot to talk about.”
 
Krillin nodded, “But hey, talking not bad. It's a lot better than fighting.”
 
Gohan added his two cents, “Uh, at least he doesn't have his sword out anymore.”
 
Krillin concurred in agreement, “Yeah and your dad put his finger away too.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Trunks smiled. “Thank you, my name is Trunks, this is going to sound really strange but I'm not from this time I traveled here in a time machine twenty years from the future.”
 
Goku's eyes went wide, “Really, from the future, really that's incredible.”
 
Trunks nodded, “Yes, Vegeta was right. Only he, yourself and Gohan have Saiyan blood, and I got mine from him, he's my father.”
 
Goku blinked, “What, your kidding. Wow you're absolutely sure that Vegeta's your father?”
 
Trunks added, “Yes, I'm half Saiyan, half Earthling.”
 
Goku noted, “You're serious, Vegeta's son my gosh, huh, yes yes I can see the resemblance, wow.”
 
Trunks confessed, “I will be born two years from now.”
 
Goku was still in shock, “Ha ha ha, no kidding! Vegeta's going to be a daddy that's incredible, man who would have ever thou…”
 
Trunks cut his ranting short, "Goku, I didn't come here to tell you that, I have to talk to you about something.”
 
Goku turned serious, “Huh. Oh.”
 
Trunks added, “In three years on the morning of May 12th at ten am, a horribly destructive duo will show up on an island nine miles south west of south city. They have dreadful power, even by our standards, they're monsters Goku, that's the best way I know to describe them they're monsters. Once this pair surfaces the Earth and everything you know will be gone for good.”
 
Goku asked, “What's the deal, are they aliens?”
 
Trunks shook his head, “No, they're both androids created right here on Earth, their creator is Gero, Dr Gero the mastermind responsible for the old red ribbon army, do you remember?”
 
Goku nodded, “Yeah, I defeated them.”
 
Then, catching Trunks' implication, he gasped, “No way same guy, wow.”
 
Trunks nodded, “That's him.”
 
Goku frowned in puzzlement, “But how, he lived.”
 
Trunks sighed and replied, “Thanks to you, yes that's one battle you're going to wish you fought to the very end. Look I'm sorry to say that Goku, I know your a good person, but letting Dr Gero escape is a mistake that will come back to haunt you and everyone you know. He's probably working on those monsters as we speak. I'm still not sure where his laboratory is, if I knew, I'd be paying him a visit instead of you. It's hard to describe these creatures Goku, they're unlike anyone you've ever faced, nothing even comes close to rivaling the technology that gave them birth, it's mind boggling how strong they are.”
 
Goku pressed, “What's his plan, what's Dr Gero trying to accomplish with them.”
 
Trunks shook his head, “No-one really knows, the moment those things were able to think for themselves they rebelled, and they've had their own twisted merciless agenda ever since then. There's no rhyme or reason to what they do, they're machines of destruction, man eaters. Their first act after being born was to turn on their creator, Dr Gero himself.”
 
In Trunks' vision, Dr Gero exclaimed in horror, “What are you doing, you can't harm me, I made you. Nooo!”
 
Trunks added, “These androids are ruthless, they delight in causing pain and chaos. Living on Earth in my time is like living in a nightmare, always running and hiding and looking for a way out .”
 
Goku breathed out, “Hmm, man, gosh, you defeated Frieza in a flash, and yet from what you're saying these androids are even stronger than you.”
 
Trunks nodded sadly, “They are, for sure, hunting me down is one of their favorite hobbies but it's two against one there's not much I can do against them except run.”
 
Goku asked, somewhat puzzled, “What, what about all the others, I mean aren't they helping you.”
 
Trunks admitted, “They can't.”
 
Goku was confused, “Huh?”
 
Trunks replied, “They're dead. Three years from now the Z Senshi will be gone. I'm all that's left, I'm doing the best I can they're all gone, Vegeta, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Chaozu, Piccolo, they're all going to lose their lives against the androids in a horrible battle. There will be only one survivor, that's my master and best friend Gohan, he narrowly escapes from that battle but, thirteen years later they finally get him. Urgh, that was four years ago in my time, and as you already know Piccolo is gone so there's no chance of reviving anyone with the Dragonballs.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Back on the other side, Yamcha asked, “Now what's the deal? They look like somebody just died over there.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
An outraged Trunks shouted out, “Making the time machine also cost us many precious lives, so many have suffered at the hands of these beasts. Darn them! They're just far too strong!”
 
Ami rested a gentle hand on his shoulder.
 
Trunks gave her a grateful look before calming down.
 
Goku suddenly asked, “Wait a sec. Hey Trunks, what happens to me? Do I die in the battle as well?”
 
Trunks hesitated for a while before replying, “Uh uh, you died before it.”
 
Goku was puzzled, “Huh?”
 
Trunks professed, “Not too long from now you're going to catch a new virus which attacks the heart, you're going to die from it. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, it's a radical virus, you'll start hearing about it soon not even a Super Saiyan can beat it.”
 
Goku muttered, “What a bummer being killed by a stupid virus, what a waste! Darn it! I want to fight those androids.”
 
This time, it was Trunks who was confused.
 
Goku answered his unasked question, “I don't even get to take a crack at them.”
 
Trunks blinked incredulously, “You mean after everything you've heard you still want to fight them?”
 
Goku nodded in affirmative.
 
Trunks frowned,” Aren't you scared of them at all?”
 
Goku admitted, “Well sure a little bit, all challenges are scary at first maybe I could make a difference.”
 
Trunks smiled confidently, “A guy like you probably could. you're a true warrior. My mother and Gohan were right about you Goku, I really can trust you, I'm glad I can.”
 
Then, revealing a bottle in his hand, Trunks added, “Here you go take this medicine for your health.”
 
Goku echoed, “My health?”
 
Trunks nodded, “There's no cure now for that nasty virus you're going to get but in my time there is, take this when you get sick and you'll be fine.”
 
Goku gasped, “You're kidding me. Wow awesome, it's purple too. I'll bet it's grape flavor.”
 
Trunks added, “I shouldn't be doing this Goku because it's going to change history, but some history should change, things are pretty bad.”
 
Goku nodded mutely.
 
Trunks replied, “We're living in fear with no way out, it's terrible but you can make a difference. Goku, my mother told me that you could and now I believe her.”
 
Goku asked, “Your mother knows me? Am I going to meet her or do I already know her now?”
 
Trunks answered, “Now.”
 
Goku noted, “Oh wow I know your mum huh, that's bizarre. Does she live by me or something.”
 
Trunks pointed over to the other side.
 
“She's standing right there.”
 
Goku fell down anime-style.
 
“Ha ha ha ha! Bulma's your mother! Ha ha.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Piccolo grimaced, “Urgh.”
 
Vegeta added, “That guy just pointed his finger and Kakarot fell down.”
 
Bulma frowned, “I could've sworn I heard Goku call my name.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
After getting over another shock, Goku remarked, “Wow, Bulma and Vegeta huh? Unbelievable, I though Bulma was going to end up marrying Yamcha, but man, Vegeta.”
 
Trunks blushed, “They don't stay together long, it's more of a passion kind of thing, you know how stubborn they are.”
 
Goku nodded in agreement, “Ha ha ha.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“Achoo.” Yamcha sneezed.
 
Bulma muttered, “Excuse you.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Trunks confessed, “Yamcha and my mother are going to break up, he finds someone else and my mum, she falls in love with my dad. Of course he can never admit that he loves my mother.”
 
Goku added his two cents, “No shock there, I know them, and man oh man, they're the feistiest two people I know.”
 
Trunks' blush deepened, “I don't remember my dad so it's really great to get to meet him. He's a cranky guy but he's impressive.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Yamcha noticed something, “Hey that guy's looking over here, isn't he?”
 
Puar nodded, “Yeah, it looks like he's smiling.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Trunks added, “I know it's bizarre, but they'll find their way to each other pretty soon.”
 
Goku nodded silently.
 
Then, Trunks hesitated, “But if they get wind of it… it might not happen. Promise you won't tell them Goku or I might not be born.”
 
Goku nodded, “Hey, not a problem.”
 
Trunks smiled, “Well look I better be off, my mum's worried sick about me, she needs to know that everything went okay.”
 
Goku waved, “Please tell her that I send my love, and thanks for this, you're great.”
 
Trunks replied, “Hey you've helped me in a lot of ways, I should be thanking you.”
 
Goku was puzzled, “Me, what did I do?”
 
Trunks confessed, “Well I've felt alone since Gohan died, he was the last person who understood me and my power, but meeting you has inspired me Goku, it's been like finding a long lost brother. You take care.”
 
Goku nodded, “You too, you're a brave young man Trunks. Now that I've met you I'll be with you in spirit, no matter where you go.”
 
Trunks nodded mutely.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Going back to his friends, Goku wondered, “Ah man now what? Three years. Gosh, how am I going to let them know?”
 
“What did he say, Goku?” the Z gang demanded.
 
“Nothing really.” Goku admitted.
 
“Just say it! Those events that are important.” Piccolo pressed.
 
“You heard?” Goku asked the Namekian.
 
“My hearing's different.” Piccolo remarked.
 
“But…” Goku was hesitant.
 
“Not to worry. I won't tell if it affects his existence.” Piccolo whispered to the Saiyan.
 
Out loud, he said, “We'll die if we don't train.”
 
Then Piccolo related to the Z Senshi what Trunks said.
 
At the end of it all, everyone was shell-shocked.
 
Yamcha scratched his head, “Man, he didn't even say goodbye.”
 
Krillin nodded, “He's gone.”
 
Piccolo added, “Yeah, back to the future.”
 
Bulma frowned, “How strange. I could've sworn he was waving goodbye, to me.”
 
Tien remarked, “Man, I'm going to train, you guys.”
 
Yamcha nodded, “Me too.”
 
Krillin added, “Yeah I am too.”
 
Vegeta hissed, “Another Super Saiyan. Urgh. I've got to have it. I've got to experience it.”
 
Bulma breathed in amazement, “Gosh, goodbye who ever you are.”
 
Gohan blinked in astonishment, “Wow gosh dad, do you really believe that that guy came from the future.”
 
Goku nodded as Trunks' time machine took off, “Yes I do, son. Yes I do.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Inside his time machine, Trunks looked down at his younger parents and smiled.
 
Father, you're so tough and proud, hard and cold like a rock. But still, deep down, your heart beats like mine does... I know you feel... I'm your son and I will always love you. I'm glad I got to see you, dad. Farwell young mother, may the good spirits keep you safe.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: Two chapters one shot. Phew, another chapter down.