Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ A Ring Found and its Truths Revealed ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Ring Found and its Truths Revealed

Disclaimer: I don't own Sailor Moon or Lord of the Rings.

AN: DO NOT JUMP TO ANY CONCLUSIONS! I already had someone assuming that Serena was betrayed by the scouts. Well let me tell you something, "DID I SAY THAT SHE WAS BETRAYED? NO I DIDN'T AND I MIGHT MAKE IT THAT WAY AND I MIGHT NOT!!!!!" Ok, no hard feelings, but the last time I posted a fic everyone was jumping to conclusions and it was only a prologue and I had to take it off. So I'll tell you all a secrete if I don't say if what you think happened, happened, then don't jump to conclusions. Now on with the fic! PS. You guys might not want to start on voting for couples yet. I already have an idea and I never really hold votes for pairings, I have to wait too long that way. So just to let you guys know, when I start writing a fic, I usually already know what the pairings are!

Chapter 2

It took about three days for Frodo to wake up and during that time Serena and the other hobbits became best friends. Merry, Pippin, and Serena played pranks on each other and sometimes, poor Sam got caught in the middle of the crossfire. Needless to say it was always Merry and Pippin's pranks that he got caught in because they were never very well planed, well they weren't compared to Serena's. To get back at them for it, Sam would participate in Serena's pranks. Once Merry and Pippin accidentally caught Gandalf in their traps, lets just say that they were hiding from him for a while. Merry and Pippin were stumped on how Serena was able to avoid all their carefully laid out plans. Whenever they tried to sneak up on her, she always knew and let them know by calling out their names and telling them to come out because she knew that they were there. Of course that didn't stop them from trying. Now when it came to Serena's pranks, the most obvious part of her pranks were sometimes holding more parts to the full prank then they could imagine.

The first time that they became victims to her traps was when they were walking down the hall. They saw a piece of string going from one wall to the other wall, they looked at each other remembering the pranks that they pulled with that so they stepped over it. Big mistake, it seems that that was the point to the string, to make them step over it and not look for anything else. As soon as they stepped over it, they somehow found themselves hanging in the air about 3 feet off the floor. That wasn't all, they soon found themselves covered in food and left in the air for all to see. Then a banner unrolled for them to read and it said, "You have fallen victim to the easiest prank that the Queen of Pranks knows. Have fun boys and let the games begin. -Serena" Then another banner came down and covered the first, and it said, "Oh and no matter how loud you yell, know one will here you for a while, I took care of that. See you in a few hours, and hope that none of those foods will leave `any' marks on you." Well it did, it turned out that some of the food had some dye in them, and poor Merry and Pippin were poke dotted with different colors for the entire day. No matter how hard Aragorn, Gandalf, Sam, and Serena tried they couldn't help but to laugh at their predicament. The poor hobbits found themselves in the air, upside down, in the ponds, in mud, and their food exploding in their faces. They even found things in their beds, and no matter how hard they tried, they couldn't get Serena.

Frodo was finally awake and the hobbits, Aragorn, and Gandalf were there to tell him everything that he had missed.

"Oh, Mr. Frodo. If you were only awake for the past three days. I swear I've never laughed so hard in my entire life!" Sam exclaimed.

"What happened?" Frodo asked, extremely curious to what Sam had meant.

"NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!!" exclaimed Merry and Pippin.

Frodo looked really curious now. `What happened?' he thought.

"Why you two. You would think that you would want to tell your friend that has been asleep for the past 3 days that you two were out done when it came to pranks." A sarcastic, yet playful voice said.

Frodo looked to the owner of the voice and was awed by the person standing in the doorway. "Merry and Pippin, out did in pranks? Is that even possible?" Frodo asked.

"Yes." Replied everyone except two.

Merry and Pippin merely flushed in embarrassment and everyone in the room laughed.

"Frodo. I would like you to met Serenity, or as she would like to be called Serena." Gandalf began, "She saved your life."

Frodo looked at Serena shocked for a moment and then said, "Thank you."

She smiled and nodded to him. She then turned to Gandalf and said, "Now Gandalf, I believe that we need to go speak with Elrond?"

"Yes, yes. We better go. I will be back later to talk to you Frodo." He said.

The two left the room in search for the King of the Elves.

~With Elrond~

"I will be holding a meeting here in Rivendale about the ring. I would like the two of you to be there along with Frodo." Elrond said.

"What about Sam, Merry, and Pippin?" Serena asked.

"No, I don't think that they should be involved with this meeting." Elrond replied.

Gandalf merely nodded to show his agreement with his decision.

"Well now, if you two will excuse me. I have some planning to do." Serena stated.

"Planning?" Gandalf asked.

"Yes, involving Merry and Pippin." she replied.

"May I ask what you are planning Serena?" Elrond questioned.

"Now Elrond. Where would the fun be in that? Oh! I might have to interrupt the beginning of the meeting if you don't mind." she answered.

"No, I don't mind." Elrond said with a confused voice.

"All right. See you guys tomorrow at the meeting" with that said she swiftly left the room.

"How come, my friend, I have a feeling that we're going to see quite a show tomorrow?" Elrond asked Gandalf.

"I don't know, I don't know."

~The next day, the beginning of the meeting~

"Is everyone here?" Elrond asked.

"Sorry that I'm late." A voice said softly behind him.

Everyone turned to see Serena with her head lowered so that her bangs covered her eyes. At first Gandalf, Elrond, Aragorn and Frodo were confused as to why she was covering her eyes. Then they remembered that her eye color was not normal to what everyone else was used to, and her hair was also not normal. They were so used to it that they almost forgot those facts. `She probably doesn't want to scare anyone or be stared at.' they all thought.

"That's all right Serena. You are not that late." Elrond replied.

She nodded and walked over to the balcony and faced away from everyone, looking at the landscape. Elrond was about to begin the meeting when suddenly Serena said,

"Forgive me Elrond, but I think that there is something that we need to take care of before this meeting begins."

Everyone turned to look at her to see what she meant.

"And that would be?" Elrond asked.

"This." she replied simply.

She suddenly reached down quickly and pulled up a very embarrassed Sam.

"Sam!" Frodo called out in shock.

Sam giggled nervously and said, "Um… Hi."

Serena placed him on the ground next to her, but didn't let go of her hold on his collar. Then she called out, "Merry. Pippin. Come out, I know that you're there."

No one came. Then she said, "Fine, if you want to play that game. Merry, you're behind the right pillar of the two pillars behind everyone, and Pippin you're behind the left pillar next to Merry. Don't even think about running away. I knew that you were going to hide there so I have all other exits rigged. Either way you will be caught."

Suddenly two shocked hobbits came out of their hiding places looking dumbfounded at her back. They walked over to her grumbling loud enough for everyone to hear. "Why is it that we can never hide from her?" "Why does she always know where we're hiding?" "How in the world did she know? We never hinted anything." They both came up to her sulking that they were found.

Serena let go of Sam and said in a calm voice, "Now you three weren't supposed to be here. I suggest that all of you go by to your rooms and don't come back here for a while."

They all sighed and said, "Yes Serena." Then they turned and walked away. Suddenly Sam stopped and turned. "When can we come back?"

Serena giggled softly and answered, "You will know." With that said, the three hobbits left.

Everyone looked at her in shock. Finally Elrond said, "I thought that you were going to have some kind of prank planned out?"

"That's only if they come back before they're supposed to. Now Elrond, I believe that you were about to begin the meeting."

~Ten minutes later~ (AN: What? I'm lazy!)

"We should take the ring to Gondor. We should use the ring against Sauron and his followers. We could use it to wipe out the darkness of our world." A man named Boromir said.

"You cannot control it, nobody can. The ring only obeys its master."

"That ring, Sauron, and his followers put together are no where near true darkness." Serena whispered so quietly that only Gandalf, Frodo, and an elf heard her.

`What does she mean?' the elf thought.

"And what business does a Ranger have at this meeting?" Boromir asked.

"He's not just a Ranger," said the elf that heard Serena's comment. "He's Aragorn, son of Arathorn. He's the heir of Isildur, and therefore the heir of Gondor."

Aragorn asked the elf to sit down in elfish. At hearing the news everyone began whispering amongst themselves.

Elrond quieted everyone by saying, "The ring must be destroyed. Be for Sauron gets it."

"Why don't we destroy it right now!" a Dwarf demanded.

"The ring was made in the fires of Mount Doom, and only there it can be unmade."

After that everyone began arguing. `Those fools they shouldn't be arguing with that ring in the room!' Serena thought worriedly.

"SILENCE!!!"

Everyone stopped to look at Serena. They only saw her back, but her fists were clenched. She turned around and walked to the front of the meeting.

"How stupid can all of you be?" she asked softly, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "You really don't know anything about this ring do you?"

"And what would you know about the ring HUMAN!" the Dwarf that spoke earlier, named Gimli, demanded.

Suddenly Serena snapped up her head to show her silver eyes to everyone and said in an icy tone, "Do not confuse me with a human dwarf. Do not confuse me with a hobbit, a dwarf, or even an elf. I'm more than likely nothing that you have ever heard of, either that or my people have been reduced to myths."

Everyone was confused to what she was, but her eyes were something that really held their attention.

"Gandalf. You asked me here to protect and guide the group that took the ring to Mount Doom. You did not however tell me that I would be babysitting a bunch of immature 3 years olds." Serena stated while raising an eyebrow at the group before her.

After hearing that, all the men had the decency to blush at their behavior. (AN: there were only men at this meeting right? Oh, well. There is now.)

Gandalf shook his head as if he was ashamed of their behavior. "I did not know that they would react like this, but maybe if you told them what you know about the ring they won't act like this. That is, if you wish to tell them."

"I believe that you are right Gandalf. Well you know very little about it, I'm guessing that that's all anyone knows. Knowing you, you probably looked at all the records on the ring." Gandalf nodded at her assessment.

"Well, you all know that the ring has power and has a, somewhat, life of its own. Well, have any of you ever thought of how it got its power?"

"It has unlimited power!" someone called out.

"No. It doesn't. Only one being has unlimited power, and its not this ring. This ring uses its power to slowly make people power hungry, full of hate, and in all cases insane. The ring feeds off these emotions, it feeds off anything that is negative. That's where it gets its power, and that's why it makes its holder live for so long. So it can feed off of its holder whenever it wishes to."

"So that means…" Gandalf trailed off in horror.

"Yes. Everyone's argument just fed it a large `meal'." she said.

Everyone began casting worried glances at each other.

"How do you know this? And why aren't you the least bit afraid?" questioned Gimli.

Serena looked at him and then everyone could see how old her eyes looked. "I've seen things that you could never imagine, things that you don't believe that are real, things that would put the monsters in your nightmares to shame. This ring is nothing compared to those horrors, but it has the same goal as all the others. Dominance, power, and control. That's what they want, but they all must face something before they get it. There are warriors that fight them, but one has something that all evil want. A jewel that will give them everything that they want, but only that warrior can control it, so they try to get her under their control. I believe that you have heard of them in your stories. The Sailor Senshi."

"But they are a myth." An elf named Legolas said softly.

"Is that what we've been reduced too?" she asked.

"You are a Senshi?" Frodo asked awed.

"Yes, and I'm the last of my race, just like many of my fellow Senshi are."

"How could you be a senshi and not show any pride in it?" asked Boromir.

"I do have pride in it, but not with the price that comes with it." Serena said sadly.

"What price Serena?" Aragorn asked.

"All senshi are somewhat immortal. We can die, but we either wake up or we are reborn. Our destinies are to live, to fight, and to die, just so that we can be reborn again. Un like all of you we do not get a chance at eternal sleep, or death as you can call it. To senshi, it would be a release once our duties are over. At first, that goal was impossible, or even the goal of a normal life until she came."

"Who Serena?" Frodo questioned.

"She was a legend, a myth amongst all senshi. Sailor Cosmos, the Messiah of Light, Queen and Goddess of the Stars, and the ruler and guardian of the Universe for all eternity. She can grant a senshi's final death, but unfortunately she can't grant her own nor the death of one other. If one of them died and stayed dead, the Universe would collapse on itself."

This news shocked everyone, even Merry, Pippin, and Sam who showed up and was standing next to Frodo. "She is watching all of you, especially the group that will take the ring to Mount Doom. If she shows herself, you will know her by her multi-colored eight-point star with an upturned golden crescent moon in the middle in the center of her forehead." After saying that she walked over to the ring and held her hand over it. She glowed a silver color briefly and the ring was then incased in crystal. "There now no one will be affected by it. Now who will carry the ring and who will go with the one who carries it?"

"I will carry the ring, but I fear that I do not know the way." Frodo said softly.

Then Gandalf volunteered followed by Aragorn, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Gimli, Legolas, and Boromir.

"Then you will be called the Fellowship of the Ring, and I assume that you Serena will be going with them."

"Yes, someone's got to keep them in line especially Merry and Pippin." she said playfully.

To Be Continued…

AN: 10 more reviews for chapter 3 please!