Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ A Ring Found and its Truths Revealed ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Ring Found and its Truths Revealed

Disclaimer: *In a monotone voice* I don't own Sailor Moon or Lord of the Rings. *In a happy, perky voice* BUT I OWN THE STORY AND THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AN: I FEEL SO LOVED! I've never gotten all my reviews in one or two days before!

All right now about the story, I realize that I wasn't to clear about how Sam, Merry, and Pippin showed up, yes they did come back, but with all the excitement they weren't noticed. Now, ON WITH THE FIC AND AN END TO MY RAMBLING! YAY!!!

Chapter 3

The Fellowship was on the road and beginning their journey. The day went by quickly and the Fellowship found a place to camp before nightfall. They all sat around the fire waiting for Serena who disappeared saying that would be right back.

"Gandalf." Frodo said catching everyone's attention.

"Yes Frodo?" he replied.

"I have been wondering, what exactly is Serena? And I have noticed that she always looks at the moon sadly."

Gandalf sighed and said, "I don't know that much about her past, but I know that she is the last of the Lunarians, or we call them the children of the Moon."

This caused everyone's eyes to widen, well Legolas' eyes only widened a little bit. "But… how could she be the last? I thought that the Moon children were peaceful and powerful." Aragorn asked confused.

"They were attacked on Serena's 16th birthday, the whole kingdom was celebrating it. They were caught off guard and the one who lead the assault killed her and the Queen of the Moon used a sacred jewel to send her people to the future and sealed away the evil. Not much is known about that battle, but when Serena regained her memories her had to watch it happen all over again, and she told me that she doesn't sleep anymore because in her dreams she can still hear her peoples screams." Gandalf said sadly.

"Wait a minute!" Gimli started, "Why would the whole Kingdom celebrate her 16th birthday?"

"Because I am the Princess of the Lunarians." said a voice behind them.

They all turned to see Serena with about two-dozen fish hanging off ropes in her hands. "And as for how we were caught off guard… The `Prince of Earth' betrayed us; well that's what he thought that he was. He wanted power and to live forever, but to get the throne of the galaxy he had to marry me. He was angry because I rejected him and he tried to force himself on me, and to threaten me. By doing that he pissed off my guardians and I. Unfortunately for him… My eight guardians were all senshi. I on the other hand wasn't supposed to be a senshi, but after my 15th birthday I was showing signs of a senshi. Now I will tell you all a secret that not many know, all the sailor senshi are Princesses of their respective planets, but we call them stars. Well, after Endymion pissed us off we made his life a living hell for a while. Well he wanted to get rid of my senshi since they were in his way of getting to me. He sided with a darkness that was after the jewel that belonged to the royal family of the moon. The darkness wound up turning on him and attacked Earth and the Moon. Beryl ran a sword through my stomach and before she could get away I threw a large ball of energy at her, then I fell to the ground and before I died I saw Endymion running away to save his own hide, but the fool ran into an attack and was killed. Then everything that Gandalf told you happened."

"Serena, why did you say that this Endymion, thought that he was the
Prince of Earth?" Boromir questioned.

"He was born from a royal family, but that wasn't the only kingdom on Earth. There were the Elves, the Hobbits, the Dwarfs, and Humans. He knew this, but he considered them inferior to him and his claim on Earth. What he didn't know was that the Earth never chose him, as it's future ruler. He just assumed that it did."

"What do you mean that `the Earth didn't choose him'? Are you saying that the Earth is alive?" Pippin asked.

"Yes, the Earth is alive, and it has it's own glow that will surround the one that Earth chooses worthy of ruling it. But that person must also guard it, and that person has a higher chance of marrying the Princess of the Moon, me, but I won't marry unless it's for love. Nothing will change that. I've already had to put up with that moron when he was reborn with the other senshi and I. He tried so hard to get me to love him and he thought that I did fall for him, but he didn't realize that it was all an act. For I was told to act that way until his true intentions were shown. And he was still the same greedy coward that he was back then."

"Where is he now?" Legolas asked quietly. He seemed calm on the outside, but Serena could see that on the inside he was fuming at the thought of Endymion running away from his people when they needed him.

"He is here, and he is waiting for me. He doesn't just have power on his mind, he has lust as well." She said with a tone of disgust and anger.

"What will you do Serena?" Gandalf asked calmly.

"My job right now is to make sure that none of you are killed. If he becomes a threat to your lives, then I will do something that I should have done a long time ago. Especially when he tried to force himself on me."

"What's that?" Merry asked.

"Kill him, and make sure that he can never be reborn again by crushing his star seed with my bare hands."

Suddenly all the men felt anger towards Endymion and they felt sorry for him if he ever showed his face. (AN: They don't have to worry about the ring because its incased in crystal remember.)

"Now, all of you need to sleep. It's late." With that said Serena stood up and walked a little ways from them to keep watch.

"She's right… I still can't believe that she went through all of that." Aragorn said with a sigh.

"I know Aragorn, but she's been through a lot more than that. A lot more than we could imagine not to mention that she's probably as old as you now Legolas, if not older." Gandalf said softly.

They all got ready for bed except for Legolas. He told them that he would help Serena keep watch. After they were in bed he walked over to sit by Serena. They merely nodded at each other and sat in silence. Serena looked over to the sleeping figures to see the hobbits sitting up in their beds staring at the fire. She slowly got up and walked over to them, aware of Legolas watching her. Also knowing that he would be able to hear their entire conversation.

"Why aren't you four sleeping?" she asked softly.

"We were just thinking about if this is ever going to end." Sam said sadly. The others just nodded their agreement.

"Of course this will end, it may take a while, but it will end. I've learned that every journey and battle eventually comes to an end." She said, "Now go to sleep, you need your strength."

"Serena… can you sing to us? Our moms used to sing to us when we couldn't sleep." Pippin asked nervously.

"Sure, I had a feeling that you all were getting homesick." She said with a soft smile.

The four hobbits all lay down and listened to her song.

"The thundering waves are calling me home, home to you

The pounding sea is calling me home, home to you

On a dark new year's night

On the west coast of Clare

I heard your voice singing

Your eyes danced the song

Your hands played the tune

T'was a vision before me.

We left the music behind and the dance carried on

As we stole away to the seashore

We smelt the brine, felt the wind in our hair

And with sadness you paused.

Suddenly I knew that you'd have to go

Your world was not mine, your eyes told me so

Yet it was there I felt the crossroads of time

And I wondered why.

As we cast our gaze on the tumbling sea

A vision came o'er me

Of thundering hooves and beating wings

In clouds above.

As you turned to go I heard you call my name,

You were like a bird in a cage spreading its wings to fly

"The old ways are lost," you sang as you flew

And I wondered why.

The thundering waves are calling me home, home to you

The pounding sea is calling me home, home to you

The thundering waves are calling me home, home to you

The pounding sea is calling me home, home to you."

Her song came to an end and she saw that the four hobbits were fast asleep. She could still feel Legolas' eyes on her and she was dimly aware that the others were slightly awake and heard her song. She put some more wood on the fire and then walked back to Legolas and sat down.

"That was a beautiful song." He commented.

"Thank you." She said softly. "So why are you staying up?"

"Elves don't necessarily need sleep." He answered. "Gandalf told us that you don't sleep. Is that a something that comes with being senshi or is there something else to it?"

"Both. When I sleep I see all the battles that I fought in, I see my friends deaths, even mine. I seldom have peaceful dreams anymore. When I dream of my deaths I feel the pain that I felt all over again, but what really gets me is hearing the screams of pain over and over again. I can only listen to that so many times without feeling like I'm going to break down crying because I couldn't save them or because I couldn't protect them from that pain." She said in a soft sad voice.

"The stars are shining beautifully tonight." Serena said in attempt to change the subject.

"Yes they are." He replied knowing that she wanted to change the subject. They sat in silence and watched as the sun began to rise.

~On the road again~

"All right so when do you want to put our plan into action?" Pippin whispered to Merry.

"When they're closer together." Merry whispered making sure that they were far enough away from Serena so then she couldn't interfere with their plans. "We need to get closer to them."

They walked faster so they were behind Serena, who was walking not to far away from Legolas. Everyone but Legolas and Serena saw the mischievous grins on their faces. They were slightly worried about what they had planned because they didn't want to get caught in whatever they had planned. The two hobbits began rambling about different subjects together like they always did hoping that Serena wouldn't catch on. At the pace Serena was walking she was a little closer behind Legolas. `Just a little bit closer' they both thought. Serena was now about a foot away from Legolas. `NOW!' they both thought. They pushed Serena making her knock into the unsuspecting Legolas and they both fell on the ground with Serena on top of Legolas who somehow landed on his back. Their lips were just inches apart, Serena's eyes were wide with shock, and Legolas' were slightly wider than usual.

"YES!" the two not so innocent hobbits said while giving each other a high five.

Serena stood up with a blush on her checks and she gave Legolas a hand to help him up, she saw that his checks were slightly pink and then it vanished. Merry and Pippin were too busy to see their blushes, but everyone else saw them.

"Well I'll be. An Elf blushing because a woman fell on top of him." Gimli said while laughing at Legolas. Merry and Pippin heard this and began to laugh even harder.

"Merry. Pippin. Gimli." Serena said in a dead serious voice, her cheeks were now a slight pink color, "This means war."

"Sure whatever lass." Gimli said still laughing. He didn't notice Pippin and Merry stop laughing though.

Serena merely smirked and said, "You'll see who has the last laugh. You'll see."

The three began to walk forward, but they were suddenly pulled up in the air and hidden by the trees. They came down again a few seconds later and everyone fell to the ground laughing, Legolas just chuckled. The three were in bright pink frilly dresses, and they had pink bows in their hair. It seemed that berries hit them, because it was on their lips to look like they did a bad job putting on their lipstick. Gimli's beard was braided and had little pink bows on each braid.

"I told you." Serena said between breaths. "You guys look so cute!"

At first the three didn't know what they were laughing at, and then they looked down at themselves and screamed. They run to the bushes to get the dress, bows, and berry juice off of them.

"That was the best prank I've seen you do yet." Gandalf said.

"I'm just getting warmed up, I'm just getting warmed up." Serena said. Then she and Legolas took the lead and began walking again after Gimli, Pippin, and Merry came back.

The Fellowship reached some old stone ruins and decided to take a break. Legolas and Serena sat side by side looking out and making sure that no one was coming. Frodo and Sam sat next to each other in front of the small fire that they made, talking and watching Boromir teach Merry and Pippin how to use their swords. Aragorn wasn't to far away and he to was watching the halflings and Boromir. Gimli and Gandalf were sitting higher up and talking about something.

Suddenly Legolas jumped up and said, "What's that on the horizon?"

"It's just a wisp of a cloud." Gimli said carelessly.

Serena cautiously stood and said, "That does not look like a cloud."

"It is moving fast against the wind and it is coming closer." Legolas added.

"CREBAIN!" Gandalf yelled.

The fire was quickly stamped out and the hobbits hid under the ledge near by while Aragorn, Boromir, Gandalf, and Gimli hid behind large rocks near by. Legolas and Serena both hid in the dieing bushes. Legolas saw that Serena's attire would not keep her well hidden so he quickly pulled her underneath him. Serena gave him a questioning look and then she realized that her tank top would have given her away.

"Thank you." She whispered softly in his ear.

Legolas looked down at her and nodded. They both turned their heads and through the dried branches they could see the birds begin to fly over everyone. Legolas and Serena turned to look at each other and their lips met. They looked at each other wide-eyed in shock. (AN: LIPS STILL TOUCHING TOO!) They both pulled apart so that their lips were a few centimeters apart, and blushed brightly. They stared into each other's eyes for a few seconds, but to them it felt like an eternity. They slowly closed their eyes closed the distance between them and kissed each other passionately. Serena wrapped her arms around Legolas' neck and he wrapped his arms around her waist. His tongue gently grazed over her lips begging for entrance and she willingly opened to allow him in. (AN: SCORE! LADIES AND GENTALMEN YOU HAVE YOUR COUPLE! If anyone disagrees, guess what! I don't care and don't whine to me about it.) When they pulled apart because of the lack of air they looked to see the crebain just finishing their flight over the Fellowship. Everyone stayed put until the birds were about two minutes away from them. When everyone came out Gandalf told them that they would need to take another route. Everybody was so busy making sure that they had everything that they never saw Legolas and Serena holding hands.

~The Mountain Pass~

Legolas was scouting ahead and Serena was clearing the snow for everyone so that they weren't trudging through snow that was up to their waists, and necks. Suddenly Legolas stopped and it looked as if he was listening to something.

"There's a foul voice on the air." He said softly, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

Then lightning struck the rocks above them causing them to break and fall. The Fellowship threw themselves against the rocks and away from the ledge.

"Saruman!" Gandalf yelled.

Lightning struck again causing more snow and rocks to fall. Then everything stopped; there was no voice on the wind, no lightning striking the rocks and snow.

"We better head back. It is to dangerous on this path." Boromir said.

"If we continue back, it will be just as dangerous if not more." Gandalf said calmly.

"We should go to the Mines of Moria! My cousin will give us a warm greeting and plenty of food!" Gimli argued.

Gandalf was silent and it looked as if he really didn't want to go to Moria. "Let the ring bearer decide." He finally said.

Everyone turned to look at Frodo to see what he would say. Frodo looked confused as to what he should chose. Finally he said, "We will go through the mines."

To Be Continued…

AN: I know that the characters may seem a little OOC, but hey. My story, my world, MY RULES! Oh, and about the couples. If you look at it as if I were taking a poll, which I wasn't, Legolas/Serena won by a long shot. 10 more reviews for chapter 4 please! Also, the song is by Loreena McKennitt called `The Old Ways'. It's a very pretty song too!!!! I'm listening to it now ^_^ !