Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own any of the charters from SM or DW. Hope you enjoy!

A young woman lay on the cold floor, huddled up in a ball shivering. Caked in blood and moaning in pain, she let hot salty tears make twin rivulets run down her pale bruised face. She gave off an inhuman growl, punching the hardwood floor beneath her with a balled up fist. Rolling onto her back, she screamed, the pain taking over her mind, body, and soul.

She could hear her baby girl screaming in the next room, and she herself cried even harder. Biting her swollen bottom lip, she decided she wanted to take a chance to try and sit up. Upon movement, her body cried out in pain, causing her to grunt and grit her teeth painfully tight. She slowly sat herself up, cradling her side with one hand, as the other held onto the bed beside her for leverage. She turned her silver blue eyes towards the cracked bedroom door, hearing her daughter screaming even louder.

Biting her lip even harder, she unsteadily stood to her feet. With shaky legs, she slowly stumbled her way towards the bedroom door, leaning heavily against the wall beside it. She threw open the door, not caring that the door knob made a hole in the wall. As fast as she could, she made her way down the dark hallway, making her way to her daughter’s room.

Her daughter’s scream kept getting louder, and the woman’s heart pounded heavily in her chest. Standing in the doorway of her daughter’s room, she flicked on the lights, and her face paled. The room was torn to shreds, clothes and furniture thrown everywhere. She saw her daughter’s cradle flipped over and her baby’s arm moving frantically from beneath it.

Forgetting about her own injuries, adrenaline pumping through her veins, the woman made a mad dash to the cradle. She threw the cradle off of her baby, never hearing the wooden bed smash against the wall. Her baby laid face down, kicking her legs and flailing her arms wildly.

The woman crouched down quickly, picking up her child, holding her tightly in her arms. She rocked her baby, desperately trying to console her. The baby continued to cry, her pink curly locks soaked in tears and sweat. The woman looked down at her child’s red face, as she screamed in terror and pain.

The woman wiped the blood from the baby’s nose and cheek with her hand, whispering motherly words to her. After a long while, the baby quieted down, falling asleep with pure exhaustion. The woman pressed the baby against her bosom, rubbing her baby’s back softly.

She closed her eyes, making a decision. “I need to get out of here.” She whispered.

~*~*~*~*~*~

A young priestess clothed in a flowered red silk kimono, sat cross-legged in front of the great fire. The fire crackled wildly, causing the priestess’s long raven hair to blow wildly. Her eyes were closed, and she gave off several chants. Suddenly, everything went still and the fire blew out, causing the room to turn as black as night. The priestess breathed heavily, placing a hand on her chest.

She felt a sudden rush of emotions as they ran threw out her body, making her eyes roll to the back of her head. Hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she felt pain and sorrow surround her heart. The pain had gone as quickly as it came and she wiped away her tears.

She growled angrily, sprawling out on her back along the floor. “What are these attacks I keep getting?” she whispered, staring up at the ceiling above her. She rubbed her chest, remembering the severe pain that was there just a few seconds ago. “They’re so painful.”

A rapid knocking on the door startled her out of her thoughts, and she sat up quickly. Standing to her feet, she quickly made her way out of the room and made her way to the front door, grumbling along the way.

“Who the hell would be here at this time of night?!” she exclaimed, throwing open the front door angrily.

The sight before her caused her to gasp, taking a surprised step back. “Serena?”

Serena stood before her, drenched from head to toe. Rain poured down heavily and she shivered violently, cradling her daughter in her arms. She had her daughter wrapped up in several blankets, and had a baby bag draped around her shoulder.

With chattering teeth she looked up at her best friend, trying to muster up the best smile she could. “Hey, Rei…”

Rei’s amethyst eyes stared upon her friend in pure shock, looking over the condition of her. “What the hell is going on?” was all she could say.

At this point, Serena crashed to her knees, startling her daughter and causing the child to cry out in fear. Rei dropped down to her knees as well, taking the small child. She took Serena’s arm and draped it over her shoulder, wrapping an arm around the small woman’s waist, trying to help her to her feet.

Serena hissed in pain, but was thankful for the help. Rei helped the two inside, kicking the door shut in the process. She guided them to her room, and helped Serena to sit on her futon, handing her the baby as well.

Rei squatted at eye level with Serena, taking her friend’s face in her hands. She lightly caressed the bruise underneath her left eye, and ran her thumb over the hand print on her right cheek. “What the hell, Serena?”

Serena lowered her head in shame, a few tears sliding down her cheek. Rei bit her bottom lip, scanning her friend’s face with pleading eyes. “Please tell me this was a Youma attack.”

When Serena shook her head, Rei sighed. She stood to her feet, walking into the corner of her room. She picked up a small futon, and brought it to where the futon Serena sat now. She took the now sleeping baby, and placed her on the futon. She looked at her friend and reached out a hand. “Come on.”


Serena placed her hand in Rei’s outstretched one, looking upon the raven beauty with curiosity. “Where are we going?”

“To the bathroom.” replied Rei.

Now lost in confusion, she arched a silver blood coated eyebrow. “Why?”

As gently as she could, she pulled Serena to her feet, taking notice to her hiss of pain and her hand cradling her side. She guided her to the bathroom, and frowned deeply as she heard Serena’s shortness of breath. “I need to tend to those wounds.”

In complete silence, Rei helped Serena jump up on the bathroom sink counter and pulled Serena’s shirt off in the process. She gritted her teeth angrily, but didn’t speak a word.

Serena had hand prints around her throat, and various cuts and bruises along her shoulders and chest. Her eyes traveled down and saw boot prints along her sides and stomach.

Rei growled in outrage, slamming her fist down on the sink’s counter top. “He stomped you to the ground like a fucking dog?!” she screeched.

Seeing Serena’s face downcast, Rei took a hold of her friend’s face, lifting it up to look into her tear filled sliver blue eyes. “Why didn’t you tell us, Serena?”

Sniffling for a few moments, she stared into Rei’s fiery amethyst eyes. “I didn’t want you guys to abandon me.”

“Abandon you?!” hollered Rei. She dropped her hands to her side, and then began to pace the small bathroom.

“What the fuck do you mean by abandoning you? I’ve died for you; we all died for you countless times, Serena. We lived two life times together; we signed an oath to be by your side through thick and thin. We are here to protect you and always be there for you whenever you need us! We would never turn our backs on you, what the hell were you thinking?!”

Like a flash, Serena’s silver blue eyes turned to a blackish blue, her own anger flaring to life. “What the fuck was I suppose to think, Rei!?”

Rei froze in the middle of her rampage, shocked that Serena had actually cursed. She looked at her friend, watching as her body shook with rage, hands clenched into tight fists, her eyes turning as black as night.

Serena stared off, angry tears rolling down her face. “My own family abandoned me…they turned their backs on me when I needed them the most.”

Rei furrowed her brows in confusion. “What are you talking about?” she asked, her voice becoming softer.

Serena closed her eyes, trying to calm down. She laid her head down in the palm of one hand, as her other was placed shakily on the counter top. “Do you remember the day when I found out I was pregnant…how I up and moved in with Darien?”

Rei nodded silently, crossing her arms over her chest. Serena sighed heavily, going back to the day her entire life went down the drain.

~*Flashback*~

Serena stared down at the paper that made tears roll down her face. She looked at the big bold letters of “POSITIVE”. She then stared up at the doctor with a mortified expression on her face. “I’m pregnant?!”

~*~*~*~*~*~

Serena walked home, eyes blank, as she repeated “I’m pregnant” over and over in her head.

She stopped in front of the house and saw the cars of her parents’ in the driveway. She gulped heavily, trying to settle the knots in her stomach down. “Well, here goes nothing.” She whispered.

She made her way into the house, and saw her mother cooking in the kitchen. Making her way into the kitchen, she saw her father at the table reading a newspaper.

Elaine spotted her daughter in the doorway of the kitchen and smiled. She noticed the look on her daughter’s face and frowned deeply. “Hey Honey, what’s wrong?”

Serena watched as her father placed the newspaper down on the kitchen table, giving her his full attention. She gulped once again, and looked to the floor. “I need to talk to you.”

Elaine wiped her hands clean with her apron and took a seat beside her husband. “Alright, what’s going on?”

Serena nervously rung her fingers together, and kept her eyes to the floor. “Um…well…I’m…” she paused, sighing heavily. “I’m pregnant.”

Elaine’s jaw dropped and she quickly stood to her feet. “Are you sure?” she exclaimed, pure disbelief on her face.

Serena nodded, taking the folded up piece of paper from her pocket, handing it to her mother. She watched her mother re-read the paper for the third time, gasping each time in the process. “Oh my god…you’re 8 weeks pregnant.”

Suddenly, Ken slammed his fist on the kitchen table, causing both his wife and daughter to jump in surprise. He stood to his feet, throwing the wooden chair he sat on to the floor. “Get the fuck out of my house!”

Elaine and Serena both snapped their heads to Ken, shock present on their faces. “What?!” exclaimed Elaine.

Ken gritted his teeth, staring at his daughter with disgust. “I will not have a slut for a daughter.” He charged at his daughter, back-handing her to the floor. She hit the floor with a loud “thud”, her head smacking against the carpet rug in the living room. She slowly sat up, as Ken grabbed her by the hair and dragged her out of the house. “I told you to get out!”

Ken marched his way back into the house as his wife made her way outside. She began to make her way to her distraught daughter, when Ken grabbed her painfully by the arm.

With pure rage burning in his eyes he said, “If you don’t get back in that kitchen and finish making my fucking meal, you will be next.”

He turned disgusted eyes to his daughter. “She’s not our child anymore.” He glared down at her. “She’s 17 fucking year’s old…not even out of high school yet, and she’s pregnant! She will not disgrace this family!” He pulled his wife back into the house and slammed the door shut.

Serena looked up at the window and saw her little brother Sam staring down at her in confusion. She began to cry harder and made her way to her boyfriend Darien’s place.”

*End Flashback*

The tears stopped falling, and her eyes turned back to its normal color, though she stared off with a blank expression on her face. “I told Darien what happened, and he said I could stay with him.” She paused, nibbling on her bottom lip once again.

“I didn’t want to stay with him, but I didn’t know what to do. I was scared, homeless, and two months pregnant. What was I suppose to do? I mean, it seemed to make sense to go to him…he’s the father of my child.”

Her eyes downcast to the wooden floor, “We went to my house the next morning, and I found all of my stuff scattered all over the front lawn. Ever since that day, I’ve avoided my family and haven’t spoken to them since.”

Rei silently stared at her friend. “Now I know why her family wasn’t at the hospital when Rini was born.” She thought to herself.

She made her way to Serena and wrapped her arms around her, engulfing her into a hug she knew her friend desperately needed. Serena welcomed the hug, sinking into the warm comforting embrace. “I’m so sick of hurting…so tired of crying…” she whispered. They both stayed in that position for a long time, until Rei finally broke the silence.

“Serena, be honest with me. How long has Darien been hurting you?”

Serena nervously grinded her teeth together, a habit she became accustomed to since she was a child. “Rei, please…I don’t…”

“How long?” demanded Rei.

“14.” Whispered Serena.

Rei’s eyes widened, her rage fluttering back up. “Since you were 14?!”

She began to pace back and forth again, and Serena watched her every move. “You’re telling me he’s been beating on you since the very beginning?!”

Rei growled loudly, as she saw Serena silently nod. “It wasn’t so bad then…more like he would be a little too rough with me…leave bruises gripping me too hard. Though, it started getting bad after we came back from the future and Rini returned home…that‘s when the hitting started…”

Rei made her way to her friend, placing her hands on either side of her. “I swear to you, the next time I see him, I’m going to break every bone in his damn body.”

Serena’s eyes widened, pleadingly looking at her friend. “Please Rei, don’t.”

The raven furrowed her brows, once again taking a step back. “And why shouldn’t I?”

“He…he only acts like that when he becomes drunk…or when he gets depressed about his past; I mean, when he’s not, he’s so sweet and kind. I know he loves me, Rei!”

“Loves you? Are you kidding me?” she snorted, her eyes narrowing into slits. “Don’t you dare make excuses for him; nothing justifies what he’s done to you. That’s not love baby girl. If he loved you, he would have never laid his hands on you in the first place.”

Rei growled loudly, glaring upon her friend. “Damn it Serena, he’s got your mind so fucking twisted, it makes me sick.” She clenched her hands into tight fists. “He’s got you so damn blinded and brainwashed by what he calls love.” She gave off a very un-lady-like snort, grabbing a washcloth from beside Serena.

She turned on the sink, dipping the washcloth into warm water. Ringing it out, she took a hold of Serena’s face, and began to clean it, all the while mumbling obscene things of what she was going to do to that bastard.

Serena closed her eyes, silently listening to Rei’s rants of beating Darien senseless with his own limbs. She was startled out of her reverie when Rei asked her a question.

“Has he done anything more than beat on you, Serena?”

Serena cocked her head to the side, “What do you mean?”

Rei sighed, “I mean…has he hurt you sexually?”

Serena’s breath caught in her throat, and she felt as though she was going to hyperventilate. Rei felt tears come to her eyes, and she stared into her friend’s sorrowed filled ones. “Oh my God…he has.” she whispered.

She furrowed her brows again. “I need to see you.”

Serena began to shake her head, refusing to do such a thing. Rei once again took Serena’s face into her hands, the bruises now more visible since her face has been cleaned from the blood. “Serena…I need to see how badly you’re hurt.”

“I don’t want you to see…please don’t.”

“Serena…please understand that I must. I need to see how badly you’re hurt; I might have to take you to the hospital. Look, I promise I won’t touch anything, I just want to see.”

Serena went silent, and slowly nodded her head. Rei sighed with relief, and ever so slowly began to take off Serena’s soaked jeans, socks, and sneakers. She tossed the heavy garments of clothing to the side and gasped loudly at the bruises that aligned her legs and thighs.”

She looked up at Serena once again, and saw the blank look upon her face. She then looked at Serena’s thighs once again. She noticed the bruises got more worse, the close it came to Serena’s woman hood. Rei closed her eyes, she couldn’t do this alone; she needed to call someone.

“Serena?”

Serena turned her blank eyes to her friend questioningly. “I’m going to call Amy over here.”

Serena frowned, “No,”

“I have to, all I’ve seen was your legs and thighs…and it looks real bad. I have to call her, or I’m taking you to the hospital.”

The silver haired princess frowned, not liking the choices she had to choose from. “Fine…but don’t tell the others.”

“I don’t know if I can do that, but…” she paused, raising a hand up to silence her princess. “I’m only telling Amy…for now.”

Serena stared into her friend’s eyes, knowing that the stubborn Senshi of fire was not going to back down. She sighed heavily, she was very tired, and only wanted to do is lie down. “Fine.”

Rei smiled, getting what she wanted once again. She kissed Serena on the forehead with tenderness, and then bounded out of the room to get her communicator.

~*GW Dimension*~

A young teen sat in the darkest corner of his bedroom, huddled up, arms wrapped tightly around his legs, head pressed against his knees. His shoulders shook violently, as heart wrenching sobs escaped him. He suddenly raised his head, crystal blue pain filled eyes staring out of the window upon the full moon.

“I feel you Serenity,” he swallowed deeply, lying his head back on his knees. “What has caused you such pain?”

*~End Chapter~*

Author: So what do yall think?