Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Free Me of My Demons ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author: You guys are so awesome!!!! Thanks for the reviews, made the chapter a bit longer for ya'll!
 
Disclaimer: Don't own the sm or gw characters in this ficcy!
 
 
Serena slowly blinked her eyes open. She wearily looked at her surroundings and shot up in the bed with a look of panic. She clutched her pounding head with one hand and the other clutched her side. She leaned back against the white crescent moon decorated head board with a groan, focusing her eyes to look around the room, as memories of what happened before came back to her. A small smile crept upon her face as she realized she was in her old bedroom from when she was 5.
 
“Exactly the same as I left it…need some more things to feel at home though.” She whispered, and then frowned. “Since I'll be here for a while.”
 
She looked towards the blinds behind her, realizing the sun was setting. “Selene! How long have I been out?!”
 
She heard a knock on the door; she called out, voice cracking. “Come in.”
 
She smiled warmly seeing Quatre walk in, holding a tray of food. He kicked the door shut behind him and made his way to the bed with a smile of his own. “Glad to see you're awake, you've been out for a long time.”
 
He placed the tray down in front of her, and ran his fingers through her silver blonde bangs. “Your bruises are barely visible.” He gasped, eyes wide with shock
 
She smiled wryly at him. “A good rest quickens my healing,” she arched a brow. “You do the same thing.”
 
“I heal faster than normal, but not that fast…your entire face was black and blue and your eyes were nearly swollen shut!”
 
She shifted her silver blue eyes to her plate full of parmesan chicken and garlic noodles. “It was that bad, huh?”
 
Quatre frowned deeply, lifting up her chin by a finger. “Why did you let him do that to you?”
 
“To make me better.” she whispered.
 
The blonde gritted his teeth, “What do you mean?”
 
She looked her brother in the eyes. “I'm neither Princess Serenity of the past, nor am I Neo-Queen Serenity of the future…I'm just Serena. I'm not graceful, elegant, or intelligent…I'm just a klutz, a ditz, and a crybaby… I think that's the real reason why Pluto sent me here”
 
Tears began to slide down her face and dropped onto the tray before her. “She knew I wasn't fit to be Queen…and brought me here to save me the embarrassment.”
 
Quatre took the tray of food and placed it on the floor, and enveloped his sister in a tight hug. “Don't you dare believe that for a second!” He tightened his hold on her as if she were going to disappear.
 
“I'm going to help you through this Sere, I swear it.” He held her for a little longer as she stared blankly ahead of her.
 
“What did you do to the Time Gates that upset Miss Pluto?” Serena stiffened in Quatre's arms, and she tightened her hold around his waist.
 
“Pluto is able to see the past, present, and if the gates allows it, the future as well. I had put a spell on the gates so that she wouldn't be able to see what Darien was doing to me.”
 
“Why? She could have stopped this from happening to you.”
 
“When I was 16, Darien and I had been together for 2 years. I was going to leave him because his drinking had gotten worse, and he put his hands on me for the first time. He slapped me because I burned the cookies I was trying to make for him; but Rini came from the future for help, because my future self had been attacked by a dark force and was encased in a crystal. I found out that she was mine and Darien's daughter.”
 
She paused, thinking about the bubbly child she had met two years ago. “I loved her so much…I didn't want to be selfish and have her cease to exist. Plus when I went to the future, Darien's future self was so kind and loving…I believed with time, Darien would be like that too.”
 
She closed her eyes and shivered against her brother. “We saved Rini's home and she returned. Darien became worse than before, drinking heavily, beating me and telling me that I needed to be more like my future self…I guess my will for Rini to live kept me going, and I became pregnant when I was 17. My father disowned me, and kept my mother and little brother from me, and I was forced to live with Darien. I began to distance myself from the girls because it was getting harder for me to hide the bruises and to keep lying about what was really going on.”
 
“When I became pregnant, I told myself that I would leave Darien…that Rini and I would runaway and be happy. Reality began to settle in, I had no job, no place to live…how was I going to afford to keep clothes on her back, and food in her mouth; being that I dropped out of school, I wouldn't be able to get a decent job…knowing my future was a blessing and a curse.”
 
“So how did your guardians find out what was going on?” asked Quatre.
 
Serena's eyes darkened at the memory. “He hurt Rini. Its one thing to hurt me, but to put your anger out on a defenseless child…our baby? I realized I had to get out of there and I went to Rei for help. Next thing I know, within a matter of hours I'm being rushed to the hospital, I had a miscarriage, and then Pluto came to the hospital. She told me my mother Queen Serenity took the spell off of the gates and showed her everything I was hiding. She rounded up the rest of my inner scouts and brought me and Rini here.”
 
Serena's stomach roared loudly, causing her to blush a deep red and pull back from her brother. She rubbed her grumbling belly and looked sheepishly at her brother, who was chuckling at her embarrassment.
 
“I guess I'm hungry.” Quatre smiled and reached down and took the tray of food, and placed it back on her lap.
 
“Here, eat up!” Serena smiled in thanks, and dug in hungrily. Quatre watched her eat in silence, and waited for her to hand him the tray. He stood from the bed, and bent down and kissed her forehead.
 
“Get some more rest. If you're feeling better in the morning, we can go shopping.”
 
Serena yawned, all of a sudden feeling very tired. “You drugged me didn't you?”
 
Quatre snickered. “I have no idea what you're talking about.”
 
Serena snuggled herself in her thick white blankets, “You're a terrible liar…where's Rini?”
 
Quatre tucked his sister in, “With the guys downstairs, who you will meet tomorrow. Rini's bedroom is the room next to yours.”
 
She nodded before she succumbed to a deep slumber. Quatre smiled and exited the room and closed the door softly behind him. He walked towards the stair case and sat on the top step. He buried his face in his hands and cried for all he was worth.
 
…….
 
Duo rounded a corner at top speed being chased by his katana wielding lunatic of a friend. He stopped abruptly when he heard what sounded like crying. He was suddenly thrown onto the floor when Wufei crashed into from behind.
 
“Damn it Maxwell!” he shouted.
 
Duo slowly sat up, and turned towards his companion. “Shhhh!! You hear that?”
 
Wufei stood to his feet, wanting to chop Duo's braid off temporarily forgotten. “Hear what?”
 
The braided pilot furrowed his brows trying to pinpoint where the noise was coming from. “Someone's crying.” He began to walk down the hall, the sound becoming louder with each step. Wufei followed behind him, curiosity getting the best of him.
 
The sound led the two to the staircase and Duo frowned seeing Quatre balling his eyes out. They both made their way up the steps and stood in front of the blonde, whom had not yet noticed them.
 
“What's the matter Q-man?” asked Duo taking a seat beside his friend, and Wufei propping himself up against the wall, crossing his arms over his chest, while he stared down at the blond worriedly.
 
“He broke her…”
 
Duo furrowed his brows in confusion. “I don't understand.”
 
“That bastard broke my sister…made her believe he was bettering her by beating her...trying to make her into something she's not.” replied Quatre, sniffling and wiping the tears with the sleeve of his arm.
 
“I want my sister back…” he whispered brokenly.
 
Duo forced a grin to his face, patting his friend on the back. “She'll be back to her normal self…it may take some time so don't worry about it.”
 
Quatre nodded and stood to his feet. “If I ever get the opportunity to see him, I'll kill him…and I put that on my parents' grave.” He just about growled, his eyes turning a few shades darker.
 
“He caused her to have a miscarriage and hurt my niece…I can not and will not forgive him.” He made his way down the stairs and disappeared around the corner without another word.
 
Duo stared after him and turned to Wufei. “I've never seen him like this before.”
 
Wufei nodded in agreement. “Do you blame him? If you had a sister and something as drastic as that happened to her, wouldn't you feel the same?” he sighed, looking to where Quatre had once sat. “I'll keep an eye on him; make sure he doesn't do anything destructive.”
 
Duo turned towards the stairs, “He's really protective of this one…she must be really special to him.”
 
“Hn…just another weak onna.” muttered Wufei, turning and making his way down the steps, and headed towards his room. Duo plopped down on the steps, resting his elbows on his knees, and chin on the palms of his hands. He let out a heavy sigh, becoming lost in his thoughts.
 
“I feel for you Q-man, I'd feel the same if that was my sister…I would have protecting you from anything Kylie…” He snapped out of his thoughts upon hearing his phone ring. He pulled it out and answered. He spoke for a few minutes, and then hung up, a grin plastered on his face.
 
“Time to get the goods!”
 
………..
 
Heero had just put Rini to bed and was now currently doing some important paperwork on his laptop in the living room. Wufei was sitting in the window sill cleaning the blade to his katana. Trowa and Quatre sat in another part of the room, playing a game of chess.
 
“Hee-man!” shouted Duo.
 
Heero closed his laptop, stood to his feet, and silently walked out of the room. Wufei, Trowa and Quatre scrambled to their feet and poked their heads out the door and watched the transaction. Duo stood at the front door with a gigantic brown box that had no writing on it. Duo was grinning madly and handed the perfect soldier the box.
 
“I told you I could get it for you man!”
 
“Hn.”
 
Duo walked past him, “I'll be in the kitchen,” he called over his shoulder.
 
“Hn.” Heero stared at the box and a small smirk appeared on his face.
 
“What's in the box, Yui?” Heero stiffened n slowly turned his head and saw Trowa, Quatre, and Wufei blocking his way, arms crossed over their chest.
 
“What's in the box?” question Wufei again. Heero frowned, not liking the fact they were trying to corner him.
 
He furrowed his brows. “Hn...”
 
“Come on Heero, what do you have in there?” questioned Quatre.
 
“It's none of your concern.”
 
Wufei frowned and lunged for the box. Heero dodged out of his way and side stepped Quatre, then was tripped by Trowa, who quickly grabbed his leg and pulled him from the fallen box. Quatre made a mad dash to the box and opened it with a gasp. He slowly turned his head towards the fuming 01 pilot.
 
“Twinkies?”
 
Wufei came up beside Quatre and peered inside the box himself, and was shocked to see a ton of Twinkies in the box. He turned to look at Heero, who had just pushed Trowa off of him.
 
“What is the meaning of this, Yui?”
 
“Hn..” he stood to his feet and made his way to the box, snatching it from Quatre.
 
“I like Twinkies.” He stalked out and headed for his room. The three remaining pilots looked at each other incredulously.
 
“I was so not expecting that.” muttered Trowa, standing to his feet and straightening the wrinkles in his clothing. Quatre began to chuckle, then it turned to full blown laughter, causing him to bend at the waist.
 
“Winner, have you gone mad?” questioned Wufei.
 
The blonde had tears rolling off his cheeks from laughing so hard. “I thought it was some undercover firearm or something…but Twinkies!?!?”
 
He fell to the floor, laughing even harder. “The perfect soldier is addicted to Twinkies!”
 
Trowa and Wufei looked at each, both sharing a smirk, before they too fell into a fit of laughter.
 
……..
 
Serena shot up in her bed, her hands grabbing at her throat, caked in sweat and tears, gasping for air heavily. She looked around the dark room and quickly jumped out of the bed on shaky legs.
 
“Where's my baby?” she asked in a panic whisper.
 
She stumbled her way to the door and opened it quietly, to be met with a long dark hallway. She waited for her eyes to adjust and she slowly made her way down the hall, going to the first door along the way. She cracked it open and seen a rather large baby crib and then the silhouette of her daughter's sleeping form. She stepped into the bedroom and made her way to the cradle. She leaned in and brushed Rini's bangs from her closed eyes then bent down and kissed her cool forehead.
 
“I promise I won't let him get us Rini,” she whispered, she bent down once again and kissed her forehead once more, than made her exit from the room, not noticing she was being watch. Once Serena closed the door behind her, Heero stepped out of the shadows and took a bite from his Twinkie.
 
“I won't let anything happen to you two either,” he whispered, before propping himself back up against the wall, and continued to watch Rini sleep.
 
…….
 
Serena started to head back to her bedroom after seeing that her daughter was okay, but she was really thirsty and hungry, so decided to head downstairs and go to the kitchen. She smiled and hummed lightly, remembering where everything was in the house as if she hadn't left.
 
She made her way down the steps and than through the halls and finally made it to her destination; the kitchen. Her stomach roared and she rubbed her belly with widen eyes. She quickly opened the door and opened the fridge, and grinned at seeing it packed full of food.
 
She pulled out tons of lunch meat, lettuce, tomato, dressings, and the works. She spun on her heels, causing her disheveled curly hair to spin with her. She tapped her chin, trying to remember where the bread was. She looked towards the pantry and a smile appeared on her face.
 
“Ah, that's where it is!” she exclaimed and started to walk in that direction and she started to make her way towards it. She let out a startled yelp when she was suddenly grabbed around the waist and was shoved rather roughly up against the wall, hands held tightly above her head. She closed her eyes tightly shut, and whimpered, and began to tremble. Tears spilled down her eyes and her bottom lip began to quiver.
 
“I was just getting something to eat Darien…I was going back to bed, I swear it…please don't hit me…” she began to sob softly and the figure let go of her and she slid to the floor and curled up into a ball and began to rock.
 
The lights suddenly flicked on and Duo stepped in and seen a guilty looking Wufei standing in front of a silvery blonde haired angel crying on the kitchen floor, adorned in a hospital gown. Duo frowned and looked at Wufei accusingly.
 
“What did you do to her?”
 
Wufei stepped away from her. “I just seen someone I didn't recognize walk in the kitchen…I thought it might have been someone trying to attack. So I grabbed her and put her against the wall and...and the weak onna just started crying…called me Darien and told me not to hit her.
 
Duo walked up to Serena and squatted at eye level with her. “We need to calm her down before Q-man comes in here.”
 
Duo placed a hand on her shoulder, and frowned more deeply as she flinched away from him. He swallowed the lump in his throat and took a seat beside her on the floor. “Come on babe, an angel like you shouldn't be crying. Wu-man here didn't mean to scare ya.”
 
Serena sniffled and slowly raised her head. She shifted her eyes up at Wufei who was looking at her apologetically, and then turned her gaze onto Duo, who was grinning madly at her.
 
“We're not going to hurt ya.” He stood to his feet and held out a hand to her. Serena stared at the hand for a moment, and then hesitantly placed her hand in his. He gently pulled her up and led her to the counter where all the food she laid out.
 
“So you're about to make a sandwich, huh?” questioned Duo. Serena nodded and out of the corner of his eye, he watched as Wufei went and took out the 12” hero bread and brought it to the table.
 
Duo helped Serena take a seat on a stool at the table, and then took a knife from a drawer and cut open 3 hero rolls, and placed one in front of himself, Wufei, and Serena.
“So what you're name babe?”
 
“Tsk…Winner Serenity…everybody calls me Serena for short.” She replied, laying out meat and cheese on her sub sandwich.
 
Wufei cocked a brow and looked at Serena's heavily layered sandwich. “You sure can eat, onna.”
 
Serena blushed, but continued to layer her sandwich. “I have to eat a lot to keep my energy replenished.” She watched as Wufei nodded, as she completed her sub. Duo went to the cabinet and took out 3 glasses and went to the fridge and pulled out some lemonade. He poured them each something to drink and re-took his seat.
 
“So why are you up so late?” questioned Wufei, taking a bite from his sub.
 
“I had a bad dream, and wanted to check on Rini…then I got really hungry and came down here.” She replied, half of her sandwich already gone. She took a large swallow of her lemonade, and then she ate the last bit of the sub and stood, placing her plate in the sink. She stretched, and yawned, and headed towards the door.
 
“So what are you're names?”
 
“Duo!”
 
“Wufei.”
 
Serena nodded her head. “Night Duo, night Wufei.”
 
“Night!” they both replied, and Serena exited the kitchen.
 
 
 
Author: OMG I actually got to 50 reviews! I was going to have this posted like Friday…but I had a party for ma brother and he got married Saturday, and all the family was leaving Sunday ^_^ Keep the reviews coming, you guys make me motivated…hell give me some requests you want to see, I may put it in there!