Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Queen Mercury Revived ❯ Disc 8 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Hell finally froze, because I finally updated! Phew, Chapter 7 is up! This is Chapter 8. One main reason why I asked for pairing votes is that the rest of the Inner Senshi, along with Millennial Sailor Saturn will appear in the next two chapters. They are to aid their male counterparts against the three Mashos. Before I begin the fic proper, I would like to thank the following reviewers.
 
Yami Flo: Sorry for the long wait, and thank you for being patient. I was very distracted by my newer fics. As for Saturn's title, it IS Millennial Sailor Saturn. Imperium was only a typo mistake. I've been typing Imperium for Mercury for one of my fics, it kinda of slipped my mind. Memory regaining has always been very fast in the anime. I mean, when the Ginzuishou appeared, every senshi just had their memories regained with one bright flash of light. As for the High Council, I always have this thought that all happenings are controlled by someone. Even Destiny and Fate are under orders of the High Council, because only the Gods themselves hold the power to decide what is to happen.
 
FirecatRekka: Last warning! You'd better don't go MIA on me again!
 
Pairing votes:
 
Ryo/Rei: 2
 
Seiji/Makoto: 2
 
As usual, words in italics refer to thoughts, mental conversations, flashbacks, flashbacks within flashbacks and song lyrics.
 
FYI: I'm more comfortable typing Ryo/Rei and Seiji/Makoto pairing fics, but I want my readers to have a choice.
 
No more voting people! The pairings will be: Ryo/Rei, Seiji/Makoto, Shuu/Minako, Shin/Anhara, Touma/Hotaru, Shuten/Nastui, Mamou/Usagi, Naaza/Michiru,
Rajura/Haruka and Anubisu/Setsuna.
 
Disclaimers: Nothing here, except the darn plot and my two OCs, is mine.
 
Chapter 9: Disc 8
 
***************************************************************** **************************
22. Kenbukyou's Challenge
 
Anhara had returned from the family cemetery. Without saying anything, she silently retreated upstairs into the music room.
 
Looking at each other, the Troopers shrugged in confusion.
 
“Anyone want to tell me what happened?” Shuu asked, wincing at the door slam.
 
“She just returned from the cemetery. Her entire clan got assimilated. How do you think she'd feel after all these years?” Touma posted a question.
 
“…” was Shuu's answer.
 
Shin said nothing, and slipped upstairs.
 
On his way to the music hall, Shin heard the melodious flow of harp music emitting from the room.
 
Sad music. He thought. Anha-koi, what happened?
 
In the music hall, Anhara was strumming the harp strings to the melody of `Why me?' from
Mike & The Mechanics.
 
These are dangerous times
That were living in
And there are dangerous signs
That were giving in to fear
 
She begun, singing softly.
 
Shin slipped into the room silently, while listening to her.
 
Late one night, I'm lying here
I thought I heard a sound.
Tell the mothers and the babes
Tell the old, tell the sick they will be safe
Get the young males. Tell them to be brave…
 
Her voice wavered and stopped after that verse. Her fingers retreated and Anhara broke down in quiet sobs.
 
Shin was suddenly beside her. Cradling the sobbing Queen, he allowed her to cry her heart out.
 
Half an hour later, Anhara ceased crying, and looked up at her intended in both relief and gratefulness.
 
Wiping her tears away with a finger, Shin bent down and captured her lips in a sweet, tender kiss.
 
Anhara took a second to respond, returning his kiss with intense fervor.
 
Breaking off two minutes later, Anhara leaned her head on Shin's chest, seeking the comfort that had eluded her for so long.
 
“Daijoubo desu ka, tenshi?” Shin finally asked, worry in his voice.
 
“Shin, just don't say anything.” Anhara mumbled. The bearer of Suiko nodded and just settled for a consoling hug.
 
Twenty minutes later, Shin removed himself and went towards to CD player.
 
Ignoring Anhara's puzzled look, the auburn-haired warrior removed a music disc from the disc rank and slid it into the record player.
 
A song started playing only seconds later.
 
Pulling Anhara up, Shin guided her towards the middle of the room.
 
Eye widening, Anhara recognized the song as Hamasaki Ayumi's `Carols'.
 
A jolt of familiarity hit the water warrior seconds later as the pair moved to the rhythm of the song.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Flashback
 
It was at a masquerade ball on Mercury, and just about every unattached royalty was present.
 
The nine warriors in yoroi were also present, in tuxedos of course, to keep an eye on things, just in case anything came up.
 
Standing in a corner, Shin was watching the grand ball below, with great interest. He himself was never keen in participating in such magnificent events. He always preferred to be the background person.
 
Penny for your thoughts, Suiko?” Shuten asked amused, suddenly appearing beside him.
 
The oldest of the Samurai Troopers gave the youngest of the Mashos a wary look, before replying, “Nothing really.”
 
She's beautiful, isn't she?” Shuten commented, his eyes trained on Queen Anhara who
was giving out orders.
 
Shin nodded mutely.
 
The older male let out a small smirk, he'd got him.
 
Shin blinked for a moment, before what Shuten implied sank in.
 
Wait, I'm not interested in her.” he stammered, a slight blush gracing his cheeks.
 
Shuten nodded slowly, “Right.” He replied sarcastically.
 
Don't you have a love interest, Shuten?” Shin countered back, a slight smirk gracing his face.
 
The older man frowned slightly.
 
I think you should worry more about the Queen, Suiko. The young Finnegan had been casting unwanted glances at her.”
 
Shin was startled for a while, before turning his attention to the son of Duke Finnegan.
 
What Shuten said was right, the dark-haired young man was looking lustily at the rather flustered Mercury Queen.
 
Who invited him?” Shin growled lowly, despite himself.
 
Shuten had to hide a chuckle, it was no hidden fact from the other eight warriors that
Suiko no Shin liked, no loved, the young Queen.
 
Deny all you want, Suiko. The fact remains. You love the Queen.” Shuten answered, chuckling as he walked off.
 
Shin's blush deepened. Was I that obvious? He thought.
 
Yes. Came the unison voices from the other four Troopers through their mind-link.
 
You're not welcome in my head. Get out. Shin warned, growling at his fellow comrades,
who were undoubtedly snickering at his expense.
 
Shutting up and getting out now. Shuu answered for the other three and the four Troopers ended the conversation.
 
With friends like them, who needs enemies?” Shin muttered to himself.
 
I don't really think the others would appreciate that comment.” Queen Anhara replied behind him, quite amused.
 
Shin immediately turned around and bowed respectfully.
 
Your Highness.”
 
Queen Anhara raised a hand to stop him.
 
Shin, how many times do I have to tell you, no all of you in fact, not to call me `Your Highness'?” she asked mirthfully.
 
The auburn-haired teen laughed and nodded, “Force of habit.”
 
The other himes will be here.” Queen Anhara added, her careful eyes surveying the newly-decorated ballroom.
 
Indeed they will be. The others will be happy to see their crushes again.” Shin added.
 
Kongo and Venus-chan have already been paired up.” Anhara supplied.
 
Shin looked at her, surprised.
 
Tenku is on the verge of asking Saturn-chan out.” She added.
 
Why are you telling me this?” Shin asked firmly.
 
Queen Anhara smiled sadly at him, “You should know why Suiko.” Then, she turned and walked off.
 
Shin was left blinking in confusion.
 
Three hours later, the ball was in full swing.
 
Shin had went down and was standing near the food table, a cup of fruit punch in his
hand as he silently scrutinized the surroundings for any trouble.
 
Envying your friends?” a sneer sounded beside him.
 
Shin turned to see the young Finnegan smirking.
 
I don't think its any of your concern.” Shin replied coolly.
 
Do not get too close to Queen Anhara.” Malcolm Finnegan warned.
 
And why shouldn't I?” Shin challenged.
 
Because I'm the one who will be the next King of Mercury.” Malcolm Finnegan answered as-a-matter-of-factly.
 
Shin hid a growl in anger, “You seem confident.” He finally said.
 
Malcolm Finnegan's smirk turned wider, “Of course. She is indeed a sight to behold.”
 
Shin frowned slightly, “But you don't love her.” he pointed out.
 
Malcolm Finnegan gave a “hn' before answering smugly, “Who cares about love? It's the crown and her body that I want. Besides, once I'm done with her, she will be thrown out like yesterday's trash.”
 
Shin's hands were clutched angrily by the end of it.
 
I do believe you've out-stayed your welcome, Malcolm Finnegan.” A cold, gruff voice sounded behind him.
 
The two males turned to see two bodyguards standing behind them.
 
The Queen has ordered your removal, Malcolm Finnegan.” One of the bodyguards answering.
 
Without warning, the two beefy bodyguards herded Malcolm Finnegan out of the Mariner Castle.
 
On the far end, Seiji smirked, “About time that jerkass was removed. He's such an eyesore.”
 
Ryo nodded.
 
Shin blinked, then looked around. Queen Anhara was nowhere to be seen.
 
Meanwhile, Queen Anhara was on the second floor, surveying the room. Being a perfectionist herself, she had to make sure that everything went on perfectly.
 
A shuffle behind her indicated that the two guards had returned.
 
You're orders have been carried out, Your Highness.” One of the two guards reported.
 
Queen Anhara nodded, “Good.”
 
Turning back, she added, “The two of you can return to your post.”
 
The two sentries nodded and retreated.
 
Guess it's my turn.” She muttered, when she was left alone.
 
Finally decided, Queen Anhara stepped down to the dance hall.
 
Gasps were heard all around when the hostess of the ball stepped into the dance hall.
 
Man, Shin is going to be so floored.” Shuu commented, muttering.
 
A very familiar cough reminded the bearer Kongo that the Hime of Venus was behind him.
 
You're fried, Shuu.” Touma reminded him, snickering.
 
The ebony-haired warrior glared that the bearer of Tenku. Looking behind him, he smirked.
 
You'd better watch what you say, Touma, cos the Hime of Saturn is coming your way.” He remarked, pointing behind the blue-haired archer.
 
Touma blinked and turn around, only to look right smack into Princess Hotaru's dark purple eyes.
 
With a deep blush, the archer managed to stammer out, “Hot…aru..hi…me…”
 
Real smooth, Shuu. Real smooth.” Princess Minako applauded, looking in amusement as Princess Hotaru started to beat Touma in the blushing contest.
 
The black-haired warrior mock-bowed, “Why, thank you.”
 
Enjoying yourselves, I see.” Came a rather bemused voice behind the pair.
 
Minako blinked, before recognizing the stranger.
 
Anhara, is that you?” she exclaimed.
 
Mina, how many royals do you know who have blue hair?” Queen Anhara death-panned.
 
Iie, Mina is right. Anhara, what did you do to yourself?” Princess Makato of Jupiter cried out.
 
Queen Anhara shrugged, “Well, an occasion dress up won't hurt anyone.”
 
Princess Reiko of Mars nodded.
 
Anhara, you really should do this more often.” She agreed.
 
Unlike you four, I have a kingdom to rule. Ruling a kingdom isn't as easy as it looks.” Anhara reminded the four Inner Princesses.
 
And if you two are looking for Seiji and Ryo, those two are under the parapet overlooking the royal gardens.” Anhara added.
 
Speaking about Seiji and Ryo, where's your precious Shin?” Reiko teased.
 
Somewhere.” Queen Anhara muttered, surveying the dance hall.
 
Finally spotting her `prey', she answered, “Looks like I have to do some rescuing.”
 
Turning to where she was looking, the five `ohhed' in understanding. Princess Serenity was dragging a very reluctant Shin onto the dance floor.
 
Gee, does Serenity have a death wish? Going after Shin like that.” Minako muttered.
 
Makato nodded, “Yeah, we all know that Shin BELONGS to Anhara.”
 
Iie, she's just stubborn.” Reiko answered flatly.
 
Meanwhile, Shin was trying very hard to reject the White Moon Princess's advances, but with little success. That is, until a tap on Princess Serenity's shoulder, turned the odango-haired princess back.
 
And what do you want?” Princess Serenity demanded. “Can't you see I'm busy, you mudblood?” (A/N: A bit of Harry Potter influence here.)
 
If you would excuse my intrusion, Moon Princess. I do remember that this gentleman has promised a dance for me.” The girl remarked.
 
Turning back to Shin, Princess Serenity asked for confirmation.
 
Slightly taken aback, Shin managed to catch the mysterious girl's eyes that told him to `play along.'
 
The bearer of Suiko nodded and answered.
 
Actually, Princess. She did. I would have forgotten if she hadn't reminded me.”
 
Stepping forward and ignoring Princess Serenity's horrified expression, Shin offered a hand.
 
Shall we, milady?”
 
The masked girl nodded, took his hand, and allowed Shin to guide her to the dance floor.
 
On the far end, Seiji smirked, “Looks like the Queen decided to make the first move.”
 
Ryo nodded and returned his smirk, “Tough luck for Serenity.”
 
Seiji nodded, “I kinda of pity her though.”
 
No pity is required, Seiji. Serenity is just being stubborn.” Reiko supplied, coming towards the two.
 
Ryo smiled at the fiery Princess of Mars. Even under the mask, her ruby red aura was very easy to notice.
 
So, the Queen finally takes action.” The leader of the Samurai Troopers noted.
 
About darn time.” Makato answered.
 
How's Touma?” Seiji asked, hugging the Princess of Thunder.
 
Over there, lover.” Makato answered.
 
And he's finally pulled his guts out to ask Hotaru.” Reiko supplied.
 
If Princess Uranus was here, Touma's in deep trouble.” Ryo noted.
 
Not to worry, Rajura will be here to stop her.” Reiko assured her lover.
 
Gee, everyone's pairing up.” Seiji remarked.
 
Well, not everyone.” Makato corrected, turning her glance at the silently seething Moon Princess.
 
The group sweatdropped.
 
Is she that dense? After all that hints Shin sent her, anyone short of a blind person will know that he isn't interested in her.” Seiji said in exasperation.
 
She just keeps hoping.” Reiko shrugged.
 
On the dance floor, Shin heaved a sigh in relief.
 
Arigato for rescuing me.” He said to the masked girl.
 
Daijoubo desu.” The girl replied back.
 
On the sidelines, Ryo's group looked on as Shin danced with Queen Anhara.
 
Man, where's a videocam when you need one?” Seiji complained.
 
At his comment, Makato let out a devious smile and pulled out a portable video camera and started recording.
 
The other three sweatdropped.
 
You had to remind her, Seiji.” Ryo told him at point-blank.
 
Reiko nodded in agreement.
 
Back on the dance floor, Shin scrutinized the girl before him carefully. He felt he knew her from somewhere, but since her face was masked, he was not very sure.
 
Then, he decided to speak.
 
You know, I get this feeling I know you from somewhere, but I just can't put a finger to it.”
 
Before the girl could answer, a slow-dance song came up.
 
As the dance called for it, Shin held the unknown girl close; he felt a bit awkward since he had never really danced like that before, but it felt like the right thing to do.
 
Behind her mask, Anhara had to hide a smile.
 
My dear Shin, you'll be so surprised after the unmasking. She commented mentally.
 
After the dance, the pair went off to a small corner to talk.
 
"I really enjoyed our dance together," Shin admitted, putting his hand behind his head
like he always did whenever he was extremely nervous. He was not too used of having such attention from a girl, much less from such a beautiful one.
 
So did I.” The girl answered, somewhat more confident than he was.
 
Utter silence reigned between the pair, until someone inched closer, and the two finally kissed. The kiss was short, since it was their first and a very unexpected one since the two supposedly did not know one another.
 
On the sidelines, Princess Serenity growled lowly in anger, as she watched.
 
That should've been me! She screamed mentally. I should be the one he's kissing right now!
 
The two broke it when they realized they were being watched, jumping apart and blushing heavily.
 
Just then, the emcee announced loudly through the PA system.
 
It's finally midnight! And that means, ladies and gentlemen, it's time to take off your masks!”
 
Couples and guests all over started to take off their masks one by one...
 
"I can't do this anymore," Shin apologized regrettably as he removed his eye mask. Guilt was starting to set in for the warrior of the Torrents, especially since he had kissed this girl.
 
"I'm sorry, I like you, but I sort of have a thing for somebody else. I know I can't have feelings for her, but I… I just do."
 
Anhara blinked as she stood still, feeling her heart break.
 
Shin continued.
 
"She's the one I'm supposed to protect, the young Queen Mercury. She's of one of the most wonderful females I've ever met. Even though she only sees me as a friend and a protector, I can't help the way I feel about her.”
 
"I was hoping to see her here tonight, since she was the one who hosted this ball.”
 
"After I met up with you, I didn't see her since I spent all of my time with you. I really did enjoy our time together, but this isn't right. I'm sorry to mislead you the way that I did," Shin finished up, surprised at himself for saying such things to this "mystery girl."
 
He was never the open type at all, not even with his friends who he always considered to be like brothers, and the only person who had known about his thing for the Queen was him, even though he had an inking that the other eight warriors knew about it.
 
Anhara had to smile.
 
My dear Shin, please look up.” She requested, pulling off her mask.
 
The said boy did what was requested, and gasped when he found out that the `mystery girl' was none other than Queen Anhara herself.
 
Your Highness.” Shin stammered.
 
He was about to apologize when the young Queen held up a hand to silence him.
 
Actually, I too have something to confess.” She admitted.
 
I'm, too, in love with someone and he's the most wonderful person in the world to me.
He's handsome - even though he would never admit so - smart, and I like how he's somewhat shy, but he speaks his mind whenever he has to. Whenever I'm in danger, he's always there to protect me. That person, my dear Shin, is you.”
 
That declaration caused the Suiko senshi to blink, as he slowly digested what was revealed.
 
Seconds ticked by, before he had a puzzled look on his face.
 
Why me?” he asked, finally.
 
A wise guru once said that there is no `why' in devoted love, my dear Shin.” Anhara explained, with a soft expression.
 
After the shock, Shin hugged the young Queen tightly.
 
Aishiterou.” He whispered.
 
And I you.” Anhara answered back.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Anhara grinned at Shin's faraway look.
 
“Remembering something?” she teased.
 
“Very funny, Anha-koi.” Shin muttered in mild protest.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Back in Shinjuku, a tall, caped figure accompanied by a huge black armored tiger emerges from a fountain, cursing Arago as he materialized.
 
Remarking on the mortal realm, the caped figure swore revenge himself by defeating his yoroi.
 
He would defeat the Samurai Troopers and claim the Kikotei yoroi.
 
Jun was playing at being a Samurai Trooper in the forest area near Nasuti's house. Wearing a kawaii paper hat, the boy banished a stick as his `sword'.
 
Riding on Byakuen, Jun called himself “Kaze no Jun.”
 
From behind the waterfall, an outline of another tiger was shown watching the duo.
 
Riding back to Nasuti's place, Jun was thrown off by the white tiger.
 
Whether Byakuen did that on purpose, the authoress does not know.
 
The young boy pushed himself up, only to find his `sword' broken.
 
And speaking of broken swords, Ryo's katanas were badly shattered as a result from the last battle with Sarenbou.
 
Nasuti was using her computer to check out Ryo's katanas.
 
The other Troopers concluded that the power of the Kikotei was too strong and it overloaded the katanas' ability to manipulate energy.
 
Thinking back, Ryo remembered how strong his swords were when he was in previous battles,
 
Flashes of the past battles went past his head (i.e. against the first youja soldier, saving Touma in space, and against Arago).
 
Ryo flared up in frustration, knocking down a bunch of relics on Nasuti's wall.
 
“Getting frustrated isn't going to help our situation, Rekka.” Anhara, who had been silent the entire time, finally spoke up.
 
Ignoring Ryo's frustrated glare, Anhara added calmly, “The yoroi changed, but not the weapons. Serenity always gained a new weapon after each power upgrade.”
 
Nasuti brightened when she realized what Anhara had implied. “Sou ka. So there must be a pair of katanas suited specially for the Kikotei.”
 
Anhara nodded, letting a small smile grace her face.
 
Then, Jun entered the room, inquiring, "What's wrong with Ryo?"
 
The others reassured the boy, saying that everything will turn out for the best.
 
After tidying up, Nastui went through her grandfather's old data.
 
Hours later, Nasuti was still researching late into the night. Surrounded by three of the
Troopers, the four of them noted an image of two katanas.
 
The swords were called the `Go Retsu Ken' and they were protected by a divine power.
Ryo got excited and the group planned on getting the sword as soon as possible.
They were interrupted as Byakuen sensed a rival.
The black armored tiger from before was outside and Byakuen went after him.
 
Anhara frowned, KokuenOh? If he's here, that means Kenbukyou…
 
Her thoughts were broke by the resulting big kitty fight.
 
The resulting catfight had the two huge tigers running through the house and destroying furniture.
 
The two tigers then burst through the attic window and headed for the roof.
 
The Troopers gave chase and trying to corner the black tiger, only to have Byakuen tackle the black one and the tigers tumbled off the roof and onto the ground, still clawing at each other. Byakuen threw the black tiger off and KokuenOh's eyes glowed.
 
Ryo felt that the black tiger was from the NetherWorld and then the black tiger disappeared.
 
The Troopers now knew that they must find the `Go Retsu Ken' soon before the NetherWorld did.
 
Shuu let out a `hnf' and said that he would help, while Shin laughed and teased him saying that Ryo would not need help from a "rockhead."
 
Shuu defended himself and he argued, protesting loudly.
 
Ryo smiled and said that he was glad for Shuu's help and that just about settled that.
 
Far away, Kenbukyou held up the `Go Retsu Ken' in his hands as he was silhouetted by a full moon.
 
When KokuenOh reported back, Kenbukyou frowned.
 
So, the young missy escaped. Good for her. He thought.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Meanwhile, back at the Time Gates, Millennial Sailor Pluto frowned when she felt the future timeline shift.
 
Giving her Time Staff a wave, what the scene presented to her, shocked the time senshi.
Neo-Queen Serenity was destroying Crystal Tokyo, with the help of most of the Inner senshi and an Outer senshi.
 
The nine yoroi warriors stood in defense of Neo-Queen Anhara.
 
Then, before anyone knew what happened, the future Korin was struck down by a bolt of lightning.
 
His attacker turned out to be Dark Millennial Sailor Jupiter.
 
Then, one by one, four of the five Troopers collapsed, killed by their beloved.
 
Neo-Queen Serenity laughed evilly, in triumph.
 
Blinded by anger, Neo-Queen Anhara did something quite unexpected, given her gentle demander.
 
The bejeweled sign of the Assassins Guild on her should-blade suddenly burst into full light.
 
Neo-Queen Serenity gasped, she knew Queen Anhara was an Assassin, but what she did not know was the blue-haired Queen was one of the few Elites.
 
When the light died down, the Queen was no longer in her gown. Instead she was dressed in a tight-fitting plug-suit.
 
Then, before anyone comprehended what happened, a throwing knife was struck down on Dark Millennial Sailor Venus' broach, forcing her out of her dark henshinn.
 
Taken by surprise, Dark Millennial Sailor Mars' had no time to act, when she too was struck down by another throwing knife, this time in the middle of her abdomen.
 
Midnight Millennial Sailor Saturn and Dark Millennial Sailor Jupiter were the only senshi left on Neo-Queen Serenity's side.
 
“Saturn, Jupiter snap out of it before I kill you.” The female Elite whispered, behind them.
 
Turning back sharply, the two senshi were remotely taken aback when they saw the hollowness in the Assassin's eyes.
 
“Seiji, Touma, forgive me for doing this.” The warrior muttered, before plunging another two throwing knives onto the two dark senshi's broaches, forcing them out of their dark henshinn.
 
Finally turning her attention to the dismayed Neo-Queen Serenity, the Assassin said coldly,
“You've forced my hand for the very last time Serenity. You've lost not only my friendship; you've also lost the respect the Outer senshi had. On behalf of the Assassins' Guild, your punishment is death.”
 
With the last word uttered, the Assassin leapt and somersaulted before the astonished Neo-Queen Serenity. Whipping out her Nagelring, she plunged the ice blade into her chest. And without remorse, the Assassin pulled the rapier out, mortally wounding the Neo-Queen.
 
“The Gods had prophesized this before, Serenity. The Pax Imperium will never rise.” The female Assassin replied coldly.
 
“And Metallia, you can get out of her now.” The Assassin finished steely.
 
Snapping herself out of her `Assassin mode', Neo-Queen Anhara pulled out her Safiastra, reviving the four fallen Troopers and the fallen Neo-Queen, as well as breaking the mind-control the Ginzuishou held over the four fallen senshi.
 
Suiko no Shin caught her, before she hit the ground.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
Unknowst to anyone but Sailor Pluto, Metallia had teleported herself out on her last breath, swearing revenge on the Elite Assassin.
 
The next day, Ryo and Jun rode on Byakuen to Mount Fuji, while the rest were in Nasuti's jeep.
 
Anhara was riding on Aizu-jin, whose speed was in par with Byakuen.
 
The three made it to the destination first and they waited for the others to catch up.
 
As the group walked up the foot trail, Shuu decided to look from above and acting like the monkey that he was, the bearer of Kongo jumped from tree to tree.
 
“Do you think he skipped the evolution stage?” Anhara asked, bemused.
 
Seiji cracked a smile in amusement, while Touma grinned cheekily behind the map he was reading.
 
Ryo laughed at the comment, while Shin's eyes twinkled with bemusement.
 
“Going Charles Darwin on us, aren't you Anhara?” Nastui added, giggling.
 
The blue-haired girl smirked in response. Jun looked at the adults in puzzlement.
 
Then, Shuu noticed a strange shadow, which turned out to be an underground cave.
 
However, the group was not aware that they were being watched.
 
They headed down into the cave where they saw two swords surrounded by Shinto religious symbols.
 
The swords were obviously guarded by a mystic shield in the shape of a triangle.
 
Shuu chucked a boulder and the shield turned the rock to rubble and the energy lashed around them.
 
Forming a psychic bubble around the group, protecting them from the numerous rocks that were thrown around as a result, Anhara questioned, with a slight frown, “Shuu, whatever did we tell you about recklessness?”
 
“It'll get me into trouble?” Shuu replied.
 
“Precisely.” Touma answered, muttering.
 
“Hey!” the black-haired Trooper protested.
 
Pushing herself up, Anhara's compact computer appeared on her palm as the last Takamura ninja swiftly typed in some data.
 
Meanwhile, the Samurai Troopers had begun running around the shield, linking up their yoroi and calling forth the empty yoroi shells, creating five points of a star which expanded the shield.
 
“Erm, guys, there is a…” Anhara began, blinking at the sudden change in the situation.
 
“Problem.” She finished, just as Ryo jumped over, yanking out the two katanas.
 
Ryo looked at her just as the others congratulated him.
 
“Someone got to the `Go Retsu Ken' before we did.” She replied, sternly, frowning at the data her compact computer showed her.
 
“So, that means these are…” Touma added.
 
Anhara nodded, “Fakes.” She finished, as just Ryo battered the two katanas into the ground in frustration.
 
The swords shattered and everyone was shocked at the proclamation.
 
Laughter was heard, booming from overhead.
 
“Oh yeah, do you guys realize that we don't really have much room to maneuver?” Anhara asked, with a defeated sigh.
 
“I've noticed.” Touma muttered, frowning.
 
“And Kenbukyou, you can stop hiding now.” Anhara announced.
 
The said demon appeared above the group, accompanied by the black tiger from the previous night.
 
Kenbukyou was a master swordsman from the NetherWorld. He had created the fake swords to lure the Troopers to him.
 
The Samurai Troopers accepted his challenge as they summoned their yoroi.
 
Anhara frowned deeply, hissing in frustration. The cavern was too narrow for her angel wings to spread, therefore she could not henshinn.
 
All she could do was summon Nagelring and hope that her ninja blood kicks in.
 
The Troopers fought with Kenbukyou, and the black tiger, known as KokuenOh, who was Kenbukyou's partner as much as Byakuen was Ryo's, battled the white tiger.
 
The five Troopers were no match for Kenbukyou's skill and speed.
 
Kenbukyou wanted the white yoroi in order to defeat Arago, his enemy.
 
The Troopers argued that Arago was dead, only to have Kenbukyou deny it.
 
Kenbukyou was about to strike, when an ice blade deflected the `Go Retsu Ken'.
 
Turning to face his attacker, Kenbukyou was surprised to find Anhara had successfully blocked the `Go Retsu Ken'.
 
“Nagelring was crafted for me by Hephaestus himself.” Anhara announced, her brows tightening.
 
“We shall see if your `Go Retsu Ken' is a match for the weapon the craft-god created.” She said.
 
“A direct challenge.” Kenbukyou mused.
 
“Very well, we shall see if the Takamura swordplay is as excellent as they say.” Kenbukyou answered, readying his `Go Retsu Ken' in response.
 
“No powers.” Anhara replied coolly, poised in the `En grade' position.
 
“Agreed.” Kenbukyou answered back, leaping up to attack her.
 
Leveling the blade to block Kenbukyou's assault, Anhara silently held her own, waiting for Kenbukyou to make the next move.
 
Jumping back, Kenbukyou prepared to attack.
 
Suiko no Shin wanted to interfere, when Rekka no Ryo stopped him.
 
“Look at her eyes, Shin, and tell me what you see.” The fire warrior commented to the water warrior.
 
“A desire to battle and to win.” Touma answered.
 
Ryo nodded, “Hai, her ninja blood had kicked in. we must not interfere. This is her battle, and hers alone.”
 
Meanwhile, Anhara and Kenbukyou's sword fight continued.
 
Lunge... and miss…
 
Retreat...
 
Swipe... and miss…
 
Block...
 
Parry...
 
Dodge...
 
Lunge...
 
Thrust... and miss…
 
Swipe...
 
Parry...
 
Swipe...
 
Block…
 
Finally, seeing an opening in Kenbukyou's defenses, Anhara quickly turned around and swiped the tip of Nagelring at Kenbukyou's yoroi, scratching the body protection.
 
Hissing in frustration more than being impressed, Kenbukyou leapt up back onto the rock.
 
“Oh my god.” Astonished, Touma could only manage to utter these three words.
 
Shuu's mouth turned into a big `o' when the duel ended.
 
“The Takamura swordplay has been rumored to be unsurpassed.” Seiji noted in utter awe.
 
“It is indeed.” Ryo nodded, agreeing.
 
“The white yoroi, boys.” Anhara reminded them.
 
The four Troopers nodded and sent their power to Ryo. He assumed the white yoroi once more; calling forth the Kikotei and trails of fire energizing him.
 
Kenbukyou was impressed by the yoroi's power and he could not wait to have that power for himself.
 
Ryo unleashed a `So En Zan', only to have his swords break under the strain.
 
Swords shattering completely, Ryo was completely under attack by Kenbukyou and was only saved with Byakuen throwing himself in front of Ryo, saving his master's life.
 
As a result, Byakuen was slashed deeply, blood oozing out of his wound.
 
Kenbukyou pulled back, announcing, "Heal Byakuen, and then we'll face each other again!"
 
Then, the demon disappeared with KokuenOh, leaving Ryo standing and looking up while Byakuen collapsed behind him.
 
Jun and Nastui ran up to the tiger, pleading for him to get up.
 
“Get him back.” Anhara said solemnly.
 
“I'll see what the Caduceus can do.”
 
The four Troopers nodded.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
23. Byakuen, Struggle Against Death
 
Near Mount Fuji, Kenbukyou remembered how he was a demon lord in his own right in the NetherWorld. Then he had to fight Arago and lost, and thus gaining the slash in his cape that still remains in the fabric. From that day on, he ceased to be a lord and was forced to become one of Arago's servants. A servitude that only death can release him from.
 
The resulting battle between them was very good and Kenbukyou lost and he was knocked off a cliff and falls into a deep crevice and KokuenOh, being as loyal Byakuen, jumped into the crevice after his falling master.
 
In a cabin near Mt. Fuji's slopes, Anhara had shooed the five Troopers, Nastui and Jun out of the cabin, leaving her alone with Indivar and Aizu-jin with the deeply injured Byakuen.
 
Summoning her Caduceus, Anhara slipped on the mystic bells on both her wrists. Seconds and a wave of sakura blossoms later, her summer dress was replaced by the ancient Takamura kimono.
 
“This will sting a bit Byakuen. Demo, bear with it for the moment.” She warned.
 
The white tiger could only growl in pain.
 
“Indivar, Aizu-jin, let's begin.” Anhara commanded.
 
The two ice beasts nodded.
 
Placing her Caduceus in front of her, the staff swirled around, absorbing the two magical ice beasts.
 
An icy wind began to pick up inside the cabin just as the Caduceus spun around, swirling with healing mists of watery magic. Instantly, the entire cabin started to turn into solid ice.
 
Outside, Shuu shivered and asked, “Is it me, or did the temperature just drop?”
 
“It isn't just you, Shuu. The temperature did drop.” Seiji confirmed.
 
“As if it isn't cold enough.” Shuu muttered, complaining.
 
Back in the cabin, the Caduceus' healing spell had begun to activate on the mortally wounded white tiger, encasing him in a circular wall of ice.
 
Moments later, the ice stopped spreading and receded. Then, the door opened, revealing a deeply relieved, but slightly worried Anhara.
 
Jun rushed in to comfort the tiger, with Ryo behind him.
 
Sighing deeply, the Queen of Mercury stepped out, allowing the door to shut behind her.
 
The Caduceus appeared once again, and the two magical beasts appeared from the healing staff.
 
“Indivar, Aizu-jin, arigato” she muttered thankfully at her two guardian beasts.
 
“How is…” Shuu began to ask.
 
“Byakuen will be fine, that is if he stops straining himself.” Anhara answered.
 
The remaining four Troopers nodded.
 
Back in the cabin, Jun petted the still recovering tiger and comforted it.
 
Ryo was feeling guilty because Byakuen was injured protecting him.
 
In self-doubt, he felt that he was not strong enough to gain the two `Go Retsu Ken' from Kenbukyou. Outside, the other five discuss how to get the `Go Retsu Ken' from Kenbukyou without him getting the white yoroi.
 
Noting Anhara's thoughtful expression, Shin asked, confirming his suspicions.
 
“It's Byakuen, isn't it?”
 
The silent ninja nodded.
 
“But I thought…” Shuu interjected.
 
“His superficial injuries are healing. It's his internal wounds I'm worried about.” She confessed.
 
“Kenbukyou didn't strike that hard, did he?” Touma asked.
 
“Unfortunately he did, Touma. Byakuen's considered lucky this time around. If the blades went any deeper, his stomach will be ruptured.” She explained.
 
Turning back to face the cabin, she added, “If he goes against KokuenOh one more time,
I'm afraid…”
 
The four Troopers were silent at her implication.
 
Clearing his throat, Touma remarked on how lousy Ryo had been feeling lately and concluded that it was affecting his fighting.
 
Shuu defended the bearer of Rekka, with Touma taking offense.
 
The archer protested, saying Ryo was his friend, as well.
 
They decided that they had to defeat Kenbukyou themselves and hand the swordsman's `Go Retsu Ken' to Ryo.
 
They saw in their last battle that Kenbukyou's `Go Retsu Ken' could withstand the huge amounts of energy Ryo was now capable of generating.
 
“But, will he go along with that?” Anhara added, even when she knew the answer.
 
“He won't, but he'll have to.” The cool-headed Touma concluded, stepping out and heading towards the cabin.
 
Seconds later, both Shuu and Seiji went back into the other cabin, leaving Shin and Anhara behind.
 
“Defeating Kenbukyou will be difficult.” She remarked.
 
“Don't be pessimistic.” Shin told her.
 
“I'm not.” She added.
 
“Kenbukyou's just about the best swordsman in the Nether World. Arago only managed to defeat him by paralyzing him.” She explained.
 
“Typical of Arago.” Shin muttered.
 
Just then, an upset Ryo was seen running into the forest and away from his friends.
 
Anhara sighed, “Same old Touma. Blunt as usual.”
 
In the forest, Ryo broke down into frustrated tears.
 
He was in his full yoroi, holding the broken Rekka katanas. Jun appeared behind him and told him that it was not his fault.
 
Ryo argued it was because HE was the one challenged, and he should be the one to fight this strangely honorable foe. But how could he, with his sword blades shattered, nonetheless?
 
Green fog suddenly surrounded Ryo and Jun and KokuenOh appeared, carrying the `Go Retsu Ken' on his back.
 
Biding Ryo to follow him, KokuenOh led him to Kenbukyou, where his voice reinforced their challenge and his heavy footsteps approached the duo.
 
Materializing before the two, Kenbukyou announced that Ryo did not have a warrior's soul.
 
Then, he attacked, slicing through bamboo, which fall in a circle around Jun and Ryo.
 
Kenbukyou replied that he all he wanted was an honorable and fair combat against the white Inferno yoroi when all the five yoroi unite.
 
He added that there would be no more tricks or games and he swore to win Ryo's white Inferno yoroi.
 
After issuing the challenge, he faded into the mist.
 
Frustrated, Ryo hit the ground.
 
That night, Ryo was sleeping and talking in his sleep, having a nightmare about Byakuen being hurt.
 
When Byakuen heard KokuenOh's challenging roar, he got up, despite his condition and left to confront the black tiger.
 
Anhara was in the cabin's parlor, finding herself unable to sleep.
 
Just then, she heard a very familiar roar, belonging to KokuenOh. She knew very well that
 
Byakuen would answer to KokuenOh's challenge. Her suspicions were proved when the main door opened and a white shadow passed by her.
 
A low whistle summoned Indivar, as the blue-haired Mercurian sprung after the still recovering white tiger.
 
Ryo is so going to kill me. The girl sighed mentally. Byakuen, don't you dare do anything foolish. She added.
 
My Queen. Indivar greeted the running ninja hurriedly.
 
Indivar, seek out Byakuen and lead me to him. We can't risk having him injured again. Anhara ordered.
 
Nodding mentally to her, the golden condor took off to the skies.
 
Seconds later, the bird reported back.
 
My Queen, Byakuen is just over the valley.
 
Arigato Indivar. Anhara answered back.
 
Back in the cabin, Ryo cried out for Byakuen and awoke when there was no response.
 
Down in the gorge, Byakuen and KokuenOh were running, slashing and biting each other periodically.
 
In the end, Byakuen managed to pull one of `Go Retsu Ken' from its sheaths on KokuenOh 's back but was swiped in the throat by KokuenOh.
 
Finally, Ryo arrived, and Byakuen handed him the single `Go Retsu Ken', before collapsing.
 
With grateful tears in his eyes, Ryo muttered a `thank you' him, swearing revenge for his fallen comrade.
 
Kenbukyou now arrived to the scene.
 
Then, he commented, "Now we each have one of the `Go Retsu Ken'. We are evenly matched. But these weapons do not like being divided. Only one of us must walk away as the victor.”
 
“Trust yourself Rekka, and leave Byakuen to me.” Anhara said, placing a comforting hand on the distressed fire warrior's shoulder.
 
Ryo turned to see Anhara giving him a stern, but encouraging nod.
 
Returning her gesture, Ryo stood up, with one Byakuen at hand.
 
Swiping the blade in front of him, he readied for battle.
 
The other Samurai Troopers jumped to the scene, only to have Ryo telling them to stay out of it. This was his battle.
 
Shuu tried to jump in anyway but was stopped by Touma.
 
Ryo, alone, battled but was beaten back.
 
Byakuen tried to get up and help, only to collapse from the effort.
 
Kneeling down beside the white tiger, Seiji was about to use his healing powers when
Anhara stopped him.
 
“Help Rekka, Korin. Leave Byakuen to me.”
 
The green-clad Trooper nodded and retreated.
 
Taking Seiji's place, Anhara ripped down her mental shields, and focused on her curative powers.
 
Meanwhile, Ryo was not doing very well against Kenbukyou.
 
On instinct, the Troopers' energy went into Ryo, forming the Kikotei yoroi.
 
With the Kikotei yoroi in place, Ryo unleashed the `Sen Ko Zan!' with one `Go Retsu Ken' against Kenbukyou's `Angel of Death'.
 
In the end, after one big blast of energy, the Kikotei's power vanquished Kenbukyou.
 
Collapsing on the ground, Kenbukyou commented that the `Go Retsu Ken' had chosen their master.
 
Byakuen lied dying as Jun sobbed over the body.
 
Anhara was still sustaining the white tiger as best as she could.
 
Dropping the swords, Ryo went over to Byakuen 's side as the tiger lied dying,
 
Kenbukyou ordered KokuenOh that he must carry on and help defeat Arago and he faded away.
 
KokuenOh gave a mournful roar and stepped up beside Anhara, nuzzling the girl.
 
Ignoring the Troopers' attempts to stop the black tiger, Anhara looked in KokuenOh's eyes, before understanding what he wanted to do.
 
Giving the loyal KokuenOh a nod, the girl stood up, stepped back and willed the Safiastra out.
 
KokuenOh glowed a silvery black, before vanishing into the crystal, and then entered Byakuen.
 
As a result, Byakuen was revived by KokuenOh's life force and they were one and the same.
Anhara let out a wistful smile.
 
“KokuenOh, Kenbukyou arigato.” she whispered.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
24. Demon Lord's Envoy
 
The scene opened with a sleeping Anhara twisting and turning on her bed, as Aizu-jin watched on in worry.
 
All of a sudden, Anhara jolted up from her bed, her eyes reflecting shock.
 
“Mistress.” Aizu-jin asked, concern in her voice.
 
“He's here, Aizu-jin.” Anhara answered in a hush whisper.
 
The giant fox blinked, not understanding.
 
But she knew something terrible was about to happen, for what was to occur had spooked her mistress.
 
At the same time, something fell to the ground, striking the inside of Bolatun Mountain.
 
Black ice encircled the active volcano, quelling the lava. A cloaked figure then stood up with glowing red eyes.
 
The next day, Ryo was in his Rekka yoroi, trying to fix his katanas.
 
Stepping deep into the cater of Mt Fuji, he besieged the volcano's power with “its eternal
flame to restore his katanas.”
 
Then, he threw his broken swords, blades and all, into the lava.
 
The molten rock gushed up, raining over Ryo, who remained unhurt by the fiery assault.
 
The lava then energized the katanas, turning them white.
 
Then the katanas started to re-grow back in length and the Rekka katanas were complete once more.
 
Nastui and Jun were growing impatient, as they waited above.
 
Some time later, Ryo jumped up from the volcano, and the two were overjoyed with the Rekka katanas' completion.
 
On the way to the jeep, Ryo sensed something watching, but brushed it off, not wanting to worry the other two with him.
 
Nastui drove home, with Jun urging her to go faster because Byakuen was running ahead and winning over them.
 
Ryo had to smile, before remarking on how well Byakuen was doing now that KokuenOh was within him.
 
Nastui agreed and added, saying that the Nether World now knew that Ryo held the Kikotei yoroi and was now more powerful.
 
Back in Nastui's house, Shuu threw himself on the couch, grumbling, much to the amusement of the other four.
 
“Where's Nastui?” he complained. “If she doesn't get back soon to feed me, I think I'll die.”
 
Then, plopping his head on the couch back, he added, “I'm dead.”
 
“You won't complain this much if Minako was here, Shuu.” Seiji teased, bemusement twinkling in his eyes.
 
Turning back to face Anhara, Shin added, “Too bad Venus isn't present.”
 
“Too bad she isn't here to stop me from doing this.” Anhara answered, glaring at Shuu.
 
“Shuu, you have three milliseconds to run.” She threatened.
 
“Oops, time's up.” She finished, snickering.
 
“Cold Snap!”
 
At her call, an ice ball flew towards the unfortunate Shuu, who was in the process of running away.
 
“Hhheeelllppp mmmeee!” he screamed, running around the living room, the ice ball hot on his heels.
 
“And this coming from the one who said he was dead a few seconds ago.” Touma commented, smirking.
 
Seiji had to laugh.
 
“Anha-koi.” Shin muttered, shaking his head.
 
“Daijoubo, koi. I won't hurt him, much.” Anhara promised.
 
Shin sweatdropped.
 
With that, she snapped her fingers and the ice ball dissipated.
 
The problem was, Shuu had not realized that the ice ball of gone, so he just kept on running.
 
The three Troopers sweatdropped.
 
“At this rate, he's going to wear the floor down.” Seiji commented.
 
“Any news about them, Touma?” Anhara asked.
 
The archer nodded, “Ryo just called and said that the katanas were restored and they will be returning soon.”
 
At that statement, Shuu stopped running and replied, “If that's the case, then I'll have to work up an appetite.”
 
Anhara sighed.
 
Looking down at Shin, she remarked, “I have no idea how you put up with him, koi.”
 
Shin sighed and answered, “It's at times like this, I wonder why I do.”
 
“Hey!” Shuu protested.
 
Then, a news report came up, and Shin silenced the group.
 
The report told of a layer of black ice that was discovered over the Bolatun Mountain.
 
“Damn, now he shows up.” Anhara muttered. Shin raised a brow at her, and said nothing.
 
As Nastui, Jun, and Ryo drove home, they made fun of Shuu's enormous appetite.
 
The demon materialized before them and Nastui slammed on the brakes.
 
Ryo watched on with amazement as the jeep passed through the creature's form.
 
It seemed as if it was an illusion but Ryo was not certain.
 
Then, they get out of the car to investigate. Then the pavement started cracked up around them and the cloaked demon appeared.
 
Ryo demanded who he was and what did he want from them.
 
The demon answered that it was none of his business.
 
Furious, Ryo retorted, "I have the power to stop you...bug eyes."
 
Ticked off, Ryo bushoed his yoroi and his Rekka yoroi appeared.
 
Later, Ryo discovered that the demon's whip was an extremely effective weapon as it could change its length and multiply into more than one lash.
 
Then one of Touma's golden arrows forced the demon back.
 
The four Samurai Troopers appear in full yoroi and Ryo cautioned them of the demon's weapon and skill.
 
The demon's whip was very like Shuten's chains and the Troopers were all paralyzed with its energy, as the chains wrapped around their necks.
 
“You know, Kokuyoen. One thing I hate about you is that you always like to attack others when they cannot defend themselves against your attacks.” Holy Sailor Mercury interjected.
 
“How about we make this even?” she added.
 
“Frost Nova!”
 
At her call, trails of ice energies started gathering between her palms. Then, she hurled the destructive ball of ice towards Kokuyoen.
 
With him still holding his whip that kept the Troopers still, Kokuyoen had no time to dodge the ice ball. The frost orb hit him, and he staggered backwards, his hand loosening on his whip. That gave the five Troopers the chance to leap out of harm's way.
 
Byakuen then jumped on the enemy, knocking him over.
 
The devil finally announced his name as Kokuyoen and that his master had sent him.
 
The Troopers demanded to know who it was but Kokuyoen refused to say.
 
Without answering, Kokuyoen started creating multiplies of itself with one of him, facing each of the Troopers.
 
Unfortunately, they were still trapped by the energy and each Kokuyoen attacked the Troopers.
 
Byakuen intervened, saving them.
 
Holy Sailor Mercury had too jumped down from the cliff.
 
Kokuyoen laughed, “Insolent Senshi. You know your attacks won't harm me, and yet you still send yourself to be slaughtered.”
 
“You do have a point, Kokuyoen. But what makes you think your attacks can hurt me?” she taunted.
 
The bug-eyed demon growled and unleashed his whip on her.
 
Holy Sailor Mercury easily dodged the lash.
 
“If that's the best you can do, then you're not a challenge for me.” She commented.
 
Raising her hand, Holy Sailor Mercury attacked.
 
“Frost Web!”
 
Kokuyoen took a small step back, as he watched numerous ice chains surrounding him.
 
Kokuyoen countered it with a `Black Ice Tomb!'
 
Both ice attacks clashed with the other, each not winning against the other. Eventually, the ice chains shattered through the ice tomb, and the ends attached themselves to the cliff.
 
Kokuyoen was suspended in mid-air by the chains.
 
“You will pay for this, Senshi.” He swore, as he tried to pull himself free.
 
Byakuen was surrounded in energy as he transformed into KokuenOh. Not only that, he had the original yoroi and the `Go Retsu Ken'.
 
We then hear Kenbukyou's final words before his death and how he sent KokuenOh to merge with Byakuen to aid the Samurai Troopers in defeating Arago.
 
Suddenly, the five Troopers' yoroi glowed in response to the `Go Retsu Ken'.
 
They knew the Kikotei was powering up.
 
"Don't just stand there -- DO something, Ryo!" the four Troopers cried.
 
"But if I call the Kikotei, it'll leave you helpless!" Ryo protested.
 
"Defeating the enemy is more important!" they shouted back.
 
“Rekka, the Kikotei now!” Holy Sailor Mercury shouted, desperately. “I don't know how long my web is going to hold him!”
 
Just then, Kokuyoen pulled free of the chains, and landed on the ground.
 
Hesitantly, Ryo called up the Kikotei, seeing that the other four were helpless.
 
“I really hate to do this, but I guess I have to. The guys are SO going to hate me for this.” Holy Sailor Mercury muttered.
 
“So, Senshi what are you going to do?” Kokuyoen taunted.
 
“This.” Holy Sailor Mercury answered, willing out the Safiastra.
 
“Okay, what the hell does she think she's doing?” Shuu exclaimed.
 
“Buying Ryo time?” Shin suggested.
 
Seiji's eyes widened at the massive amount of energy the Senshi was gathering.
 
“Please don't tell me it's THAT attack!” Touma exclaimed.
 
“Okay Touma. I won't tell you.” Seiji answered flatly.
 
Raising the crystal up in the air, the levitated Holy Senshi screamed, “Ice Queen Final Storm!”
 
Finger-thin ice energy beams started gathering around the crystal. When enough beams were collected, they were unleashed into one powerful wave of energy, washing over the bug-like demon.
 
After that, Holy Sailor Mercury leapt back to where the Troopers were, before automatically de-shinning.
 
“Ryo, all yours.” Anhara panted, as Shin supported her.
 
“Guys.” Anhara muttered.
 
“Yes?” the four Troopers chorused.
 
“Next time I use that attack, shoot me.” She death-panned.
 
“I assume that was a figure of speech.” Touma commented.
 
Kikotei no Ryo nodded as he appeared for the first time.
 
As soon as the Kikotei yoroi appeared, Kokuyoen ceased fighting, saying that his job was complete.
 
He had forced the Troopers to show him the Kikotei yoroi.
 
Angrily, Kikotei no Ryo demanded what else he was told to do and Kokuyoen answered that was all.
 
Kikotei no Ryo then demanded about his master's identity.
 
Kokuyoen's answer: freezing the group in black ice.
 
Kokuyoen laughed, and commented that he had expected so much more from the Kikotei yoroi.
 
Just the, the Kikotei yoroi's energy broke free of the ice and Kokuyoen jumped off.
 
Ryo unleashed the Kikotei yoroi's power, blasting Kokuyoen literally into the heavens. The sheer power of the Kikotei yoroi dissipated the dark clouds.
 
Then, lightning lanced down from the cloud-darkened sky, and one of Arago's huge Nether World gates materialized.
 
“I was afraid of this.” Anhara remarked.
 
Seiji raised a brow at the azure-haired girl, “You knew?”
 
Anhara nodded, “Sort of. Had a prophetic dream last night.”
 
“So, that was what spooked you.” Shin commented, finally understanding why Anhara looked scared this morning.
 
The doors swung open, and Arago's voice called out, calling them children of the Nether
World and that the power of the Kikotei yoroi proved it. Then, he added that the Gate was to welcome them to the Nether World itself.
 
The warriors knew that the only way to end this war was to enter the Nether World once more and defeat their foe on his home ground.
 
***************************************************************** **************************
SailorStar9: SORRY! SORRY! I'm so SORRY! For the long wait that is. My school industrial attachment doesn't really give me time to update. Even though I finished this chapter some time ago, the computer at my attachment place hanged on me! I hope the chapter length makes up for it.