Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Warrior ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 3 is up. This is chapter 4. Enjoy.

Disclaimer: Sailor Mercury shine snow illusioned it. To put it simply, I DON'T OWN ANYTHING, except the plot. Don't like it, too bad.

Chapter 4

############################################################### #################################

At night…

After the earlier encounter with Cye and finding out that not only was he her past lover and soulmate, the Ronins and Warlords were connected to the Silver Millenium, one way or another. The two reunited lovers decided to keep the re-found relationship under wraps for the time being. Cye had protested, but when Amy pointed out on how Rowen will react, he immediately shut his mouth.


Right now, she was in the pouch, a glass of water on the beach table. Leaning against a pillar, she shut her eyes and focused, the Mercurian symbol glowing faintly on her forehead. The Safiastra floated out of nowhere, landing on her hands. Almost instantly, she was transformed into one of her more `revealing' princess dresses. The Safiastra flashed, revealing something that Princess Amelia wished she'd never see.

~ Future ~

It was after the final showdown between the Ronins and Talpa. Ryo had sacrificed the White Armor of Inferno and Celestial Mercury (A/N: Will be explained in future chapters.), the Safiastra. As the mixture of the Virtue symbol and the Mercurain sigh shone brightly on Talpa's forehead, Ryo instructed the other four Ronins to attack.

The four hesitated, they did not want to risk hurting the both of them. Celestial Mercury reminded them sternly that that was the only chance for Talpa to be destroyed. The four Ronins nodded in silent agreement, they knew she was right. Thus, tears in their eyes, the four attacked, destroying Talpa once and for all.

After Talpa's body was sliced and diced into pieces, the Jewel of Life shot out a beam, transporting the two warriors safely out.

Two blinding flashes of light later, Ryo of Inferno and Celestial Mercury emerged.

Celestial Mercury opened her eyes, her wings disappearing in the process. Turning to face the sky, she commented, "It's finally over."

Ryo nodded his agreement.

"Lady Mercury, Ronin Warriors, thank you." Lady Kayura replied.

"What are your future plans, Kayura?" Celestial Mercury asked.

"The three of us will return to the Netherworld along with Lady Kayura." Kale answered.

Celestial Mercury nodded, "It's good to hear."

"We must depart, Lady Mercury." Lady Kayura replied and the four took off.

"Wonders never cease." Mia commented, standing beside the Celestial senshi.

"At least Anubis's sacrifice isn't for nothing."

Mia was shocked, "How did you know?"

"Lady Kayura wields his armor. It's quite obvious." Celestial Mercury replied.

"Oh."

"You miss him." Celestial Mercury smiled knowingly.

Mia blushed and looked down.

"Hey, you girls done talking?" Sage shouted, annoyed.

The two females looked back at the five former Ronins and gave each other a shrug.

"Sage's right, sis. Dehenshin already." Rowen yelled at his sister.

Celestial Mercury shook her head in amusement as she shut her eyes, allowing her fuku to fade.

A bright flash later, Celestial Mercury was replaced, not by her mortal form, but her sailor fuku when she had her Star power-up.

"What in the world?" Cye blinked.

"Sailor Mercury, Princess Amelia, your mission is done." Sailor Pluto appeared behind her.

"I have to go back, don't I?" Sailor Mercury asked the Time scout.

"The decision is yours." Sailor Pluto answered.

"Have they found a replacement?"

Sailor Pluto nodded, "They have, but she isn't as effective as you'd been."

Taking a deep breath, Sailor Mercury shut her eyes. Moments later, she opened them and answered, "I'm staying."

Sailor Pluto smiled mysteriously, "Wise choice. Choosing family over duty. You've grown more than I've expected."

Sailor Mercury gave her a nod, "If I remember, you were the one who said `Destiny isn't written in stone.' Besides, this is my home."

Sailor Pluto nodded in understanding and tossed her a Time Key.

"I'll summon you when Celestial Mercury is needed."

Then, she disappeared into a portal.

Finally dehenshinning, Amy put her henshinn gem away, just as Cye wrapped his arms around her.

"You shouldn't have stayed." He whispered.

Amy looked hurt, "You want me to go?"

Cye shook his head, "No, but do you think that was the right decision?"

"Choosing my emotions over duty isn't something I'll regret." Amy answered.

"Smart answer." Cye smiled, giving her a peck on the cheek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clad in a long-sleeved blouse made of translucent blue linen, it reached about four inches short to her waist. Her long flowing skirt, made of the similar material, reached past her feet. At the same time, eighteen cards appeared and encircled the ice princess.

Reopening her eyes, Princess Amelia opened her palms and the magical cards landed in her cupped hands, forming a deck.

"My friends, it's good to see all of you again." She whispered.

"The pleasure's all ours, mistress." The Light card answered.

"Hope you have not forgotten me, mistress." A child-like voice giggled.

Princess Amelia smiled, "Of course not, Heal."

The Heal card, formerly known as the Void, was the baby of the group. Being sealed and hidden for almost a century, the card never felt love. All that changed when the gentle Princess Amelia confronted it with the rest of the seventeen cards. A fierce battle later, the Void was converted by the kindness Princess Amelia showed. The other seventeen cards welcome the newly reformed Void card and it had been in the deck ever since.

"Hime, someone's coming." Dark hissed. In an instant, the eighteen cards disappeared in Amy's sub-space pocket.

Her hime dress fading, Amy was once again clad in her nightwear. A tiger's roar alerted her, as the door opened, Whiteblaze exiting from the house.

"Whiteblaze's answering to the tiger's roar." Amy realized. "Then, that tiger must be Black Blaze." Knowing better than to interfere, Amy held back, as she watched the white tiger pounce off.

Moments later, the Wind card informed her that she felt a disturbance in the air. Amy nodded in acknowledgement and stepped out. Calling out to the Wind card, she requested her to direct her to the source. Windy nodded and took off, Amy following the wind spirit. Before long, Amy realized Windy was taking her in the general direction in which Whiteblaze took off.

"Better henshinn." Amy thought. Seconds later, Galactic Mercury in place of Amy.

"Windy, are we near?" Galactic Mercury asked.

"Very close, Mercury." Windy answered. Minutes later, Windy stopped in her tracks and simmered back into her card form. Galactic Mercury looked up, only to see Whiteblaze and Black Blaze squaring off in another bout. Taking a step forward, Galactic Mercury was stopped in her tracks when a lightning bolt struck the ground right in front of her.

"What?" Galactic Mercury gasped. "It's as if they don't want me to interfere." She wondered.

Turning on her visor, Galactic Mercury scanned the area, only to find that something was creating the lightning bolts. The problem was she could not find out exactly what. Frustrated, she turned off the visor just as Wildfire came running into the scene.

Galactic Mercury was about to warn him about the black thunderbolts, when she heard a low growl in pain. Turning towards the sound, Galactic Mercury found a very injured Whiteblaze, Wildfire beside him.

Half-dashing towards the very injured tiger, Galactic Mercury noticed Wildfire had one Sword of Fervor in his hand, eyes blazing with anger. "So, that's what Whiteblaze was after." She realized.

"Mercury, take care of Whiteblaze." He instructed the ice senshi. "It's time for me to finish this." Then, not giving Galactic Mercury any time to respond, he leapt into battle.

"The others are so going to kill me for this." Galactic Mercury muttered.

Turning to the fatally wounded white tiger, Galactic Mercury frowned, not only has he reopened the previous wounds, Whiteblaze also managed to get another deep one.

"Sometimes being too loyal has its downs, Whiteblaze." She chided the white tiger softly. Whiteblaze growled in disagreement.

"Fine, whatever you say." She giggled, before turning into a serious face.

"No more protests." She warned, getting up. Whiteblaze let out a low growl as if to say, "Do I have a choice?"

Galactic Mercury gave him a stern look, "No, you don't. Hold still while I heal you."

Just then, the other four Ronins, in their sub-armors arrived at the scene.

"Whiteblaze!" Yuli yelled, rushing towards the white tiger.

"Mercury, how's he?" Mia asked the lone senshi.

Galactic Mercury shook her head, "Very bad. Whiteblaze not only reopened his previous wounds, he also managed to get another deep one." She answered grimly.

"Isn't there anything you can do to help him?" Rowen asked his sister.

"Lost cause." Galactic Mercury answered grimly. "He's too close to death for me to do anything. All I can do is prolong his life for a few minutes."

"Then do it." Sage replied harshly.

Glaring at the blonde, Galactic Mercury retorted sharply, "I'm getting to that." (A/N: No lost blood between these two)

Summoning the magic deck, she took out the Heal card.

"Heal, think you can help?" she asked the baby card of the deck.

"I can try." Heal replied meekly. "His wounds are pretty deep, and I haven't been using my powers for a while."

"At least it's better than not trying." Galactic Mercury encouraged the card. She could feel Heal nod in agreement in her head.

"Good." She smiled at the card. "Ready?"

Heal gave his consent and he spun into the air. Shutting her eyes, Galactic Mercury focused and released Heal's magic. Seconds later, Heal revealed his true form, the fabled Caduceus.

Shield activated herself, forming a protective barrier between her mistress and the outside world as Heal worked his magic. Over the years, the more experienced cards had developed the ability to activate themselves, in the presence of their mistress of course, without being summoned.

Meanwhile, Galactic Mercury reverted back to the princess dress she had been wearing, her planetary symbol radiating brightly on her forehead. Soon, a pure blue light engulfed the interior of the protection bubble.

Safely encased in Shield's bubble, Heal protested weakly, "Hime, I don't think I can."

"Yes, you can." Princess Amelia reassured her card. "Have more faith in yourself, Heal."

"Hai." Heal replied.

"Trust yourself and your abilities, small one." Princess Amelia advised wisely.

Heal gave her a silent nod and he focused his powers again.

"Hime, I sense Darien." Windy informed the princess mentally.

"Nani!? Great, why doesn't HE just stay dead." Princess Amelia cursed silently.

"Hime, I don't think I can hold on." Heal cried out weakly, his voice fading.

"I'm losing you, Heal." Princess Amelia called out to her card.

"Gomen, hime." Heal replied back apologetically, before reverting back to his card form. The light within Shield died down, as Princess Amelia powered down from her hime form.

Looking down at the drained Heal, Galactic Mercury smiled gratefully at the card. Being the baby of the deck, Heal's powers had not been fully developed. Recalling Shield back, the protective barrier disappeared as the said card reverted to her card form.

"Arigatou, Shield." Galactic Mercury whispered to the card.

Shield gave a gentle glow in response.

A black rose shot past Galactic Mercury's foot, before Windy could warn her mistress.

"You know something, Darien?" Galactic Mercury inquired sharply at the dark prince.

The dark Earth star quirked his brow at the senshi of Wisdom as if to say, "What?"

"I've been wondering why scums like you just wouldn't stay dead." She spat out the sentence, whipping out her sword.

"A fight to the finish, Mercury." Darien confirmed.

"Natrually. And this time I'll make sure you remain dead." She replied steely.

"Oh really?" Darien questioned mockingly.

"Darien, you talk too much." Galactic Mercury commented icily.

"Ouch." Kento muttered.

Sage nodded, gaining a newfound respect for the ice senshi.

Darien sent out a shower of black roses.

"Mercury." Galactic Mercury's hands were crossed in front of her chest, forming a ball of water and ice crystals.

"Blizzard." Raising arms in the air as she spun gracefully around, the ball condensed, forming a round crystal of ice and snow.

"Illusion!" Uncrossing her arms, Galactic Mercury unleashed her attack. The rush of ice snow froze the roses in midair as it roared towards the Earth Prince. Darien barely managed to dodge the attack, a part of his left leg, freezing upon contact.

"Not bad." Darien hissed.

Galactic Mercury wasted no time in calling out another attack.

"Frost." Raising her arm in the air, her hand glowing a bright blue.

"Novae." Streams of ice formed in her palm, swirling around between her fingers.

"Surge!" She shouted, turning her palm towards Darien, releasing the four destructive balls of frost.

Darien simply jumped out of range. He frowned, however, when he saw Galactic Mercury smirking.

"Seek and Destroy!" She yelled, commanding the four frost balls of follow Darien's trail.

"Bitch." Darien cursed.

Before long, the four balls cornered the Earth Prince. Spiraling into a tornado, they lifted Darien up into the air. Moments later, an explosion was heard from afar.

"Well, that takes care of one thing." Galactic Mercury muttered.

The four Ronins blinked as the Earth Prince was destroyed, leaving nothing of his presence. Well, supposedly anyway.

"Ouch. That had to hurt." Kento muttered.

"Imuoto-chan?" Rowen looked at his sister in a new light.

"Onii-chan, don't give me that look." Galactic Mercury rolled her eyes. "That's what I do when dealing with scum like him. Apparently, Moon and the others didn't do a very good job."

Sage let out a low whistle, "Whoa. Ruthless."

Galactic Mercury smirked, "No really. I made his death quick enough. Don't want him to suffer too long. And hopefully this time, he stays dead."

"Gal, you're dangerous." Kento commented.

"Shouldn't we be more worried about Whiteblaze than me?" Galactic Mercury inquired.

"Oh yeah." Kento slapped his forehead in realization.

"And looks like Ryo finished his battle." Sage commented.

Rowen nodded," And without the Inferno armor too."

"Have more faith in him, will you?" Galactic Mercury chided the two warriors as the four walked towards the still healing white tiger, Cye kneeling beside him.

"How's he?" Galactic Mercury asked, dehenshinning in the process.

Cye shook his head, "He's not going to last."

"I was afraid of that." Amy muttered.

Standing up, Cye placed his hands around her shoulder, "Hey, at least you tried."

Amy nodded grimly, the magic deck reappearing in her hands, "Heal's still the baby." She sighed.

Cye gave her a look, "Did I say I'm blaming you?"

A cough from Sage caused the couple to break apart.

Rowen gave the two a look, "Is there something we don't know?"

Kento let out a smirk, "Looks like you two got a whole lot closer."

"Kento." Cye mumbled, as he looked down to the ground in embarrassment.

"Cat's out of the bag." Amy shrugged.

"You okay with this?" Cye asked her, skeptical.

Amy returned a `we-don't-have-a-choice' look back at him.

Combing his hair with his fingers, Cye let out a mental sigh.

A bright glow from Black Blaze caught Amy's eye. Turning her attention towards the black tiger, Amy's eyes widened as Black Blaze transferred his energy to Whiteblaze, keeping the white tiger alive.

"Well, looks like we don't have to worry anymore." Sage commented, relieved.

Ryo let out a sigh in happiness, greatly comforted that Whiteblaze would be fine.

"What happened to Saber-Stryke?" Amy suddenly asked, turning her attention to the Ronin leader.

"Dead." Ryo answered.

"Black Blaze transferred his soul to keep Whiteblaze alive." Amy added. "Honorable to the very end."

Ryo nodded in agreement.

The other four Ronins looked at the two converse, not knowing what in world are they talking about.

"Looks like we lost them." Ryo joked, seeing at the bewildered looks they were receiving.

"I know." Amy replied, amusement twinkling in her eyes.

"Okay, we're very lost." Kento said, looking back and forth from their leader to the ice scout.

Everyone else, minus the two, nodded in agreement.

"Explain." Rowen demanded.

Amy looked at Ryo with a `now what?" expression.

The bearer of Wildfire shook his head in resignation. "Can we at least get back?"

"Then we explain." Amy added.

Rowen huffed, "Fine."

"Talk about over-protective." Ryo let out a low whistle.

"You don't know the half of it." Amy muttered.

"Tell me about it." Cye complained, walking beside her.

"You two finally confessed?" Ryo asked, grinning.

"Why is that everyone knows before we do?" Amy grumbled.

"Because you two are too darn obvious." Sage shouted, smirking.

"I swear I'm SO going to neuter him." Amy threatened.

"Cool it, Ames." Cye joked.

"Can it, Cye." Amy glared back.

Slightly taken aback, Cye remain quiet.

############################################################### #################################

SailorStar9: So, how's that?