Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Forgotten Warrior ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

SailorStar9: Chapter 6 is up! This is Chapter 7.

Chapter 7: In the Netherworld

Disclaimer: Sailor Saturn sliced it with her glaive. In other words, I DON'T OWN ANY OF THE ANIME!

############################################################### #######################################

"Hey, Ryo, wake up sleepyhead." A feminine voice called out.

"Huh?" Ryo asked, rubbing his eyes.

"If this happens again, remind me to bring alarm clocks." Amy stated flatly.

"Har, har, very funny, imuoto." Rowen muttered, rubbing sleep off his eyes.

Just then, Whiteblaze growled in warning.

Ryo was about to calm the white tiger, when he saw what made Whiteblaze agitated. In front of them, was one of Talpa's gates.

Just as they were about to destroy the gate, it opened and the four fell in.

As they entered, more dark clouds and howling winds surrounded them, with the Nether Spirits playing their flutes above.

Galactic Mercury pulled out her flute. Shutting her eyes, she concentrated and started playing a melody to neutralize the effect of the Nether Spirits' melody.

Her music caused a huge Nether Spirit to appear and it started to entice the four into entering the "Land of Desires".

Ryo was apparently getting fed up with the huge Nether Spirit, as he used his `Flare Up Now!' attack on the Spirit, disseminating it.

After that, the scenery cleared and right ahead of them, was Talpa's castle. Getting on Whiteblaze, Rowen offered a hand to his sister. Galactic Mercury, on the other had, shook her head, and commented, "I don't think Whiteblaze can carry three." The said white tiger grunted in agreement.

Playing on her flute once more, the clouds overhead rumbled and lightning flashed across the horizon. Lifting the instrument off her lips, a huge form descended from the sky.

Smiling at her ride, Galactic Mercury stroked the Frost Dragon. "It's been a while, Illusion."

The other two Ronins could only blink at the majestic creature. Jumping up, Galactic Mercury flipped over and landed on Illusion's back.

"What are we waiting for?" she inquired the two awestruck Ronins.

Ryo nodded mutely and Whiteblaze took off. Illusion was flying in the air, carrying Galactic Mercury.

On Illusion's back, Galactic Mercury felt the icy wind whistle past her. Focusing on Cye's aura, Galactic Mercury gasped silently when she felt his light blue aura had weakened tremendously.

"Koishii?' she asked through their mind link.

"Snowflake?" came Cye's weak voice.

Galactic Mercury gave him a mental nod. "Are you…"

"I don't really sound alright, if that's what you're asking." Cye replied, giving her a feeble smile.

"Hang on, love." Galactic Mercury told him soothingly. "We're coming to get you three out."

"We?" Cye asked her, despite his gradually weakening body.

"Remember Illusion?" Galactic Mercury smiled.

"You mean…"

Galactic Mercury nodded, "He's here, with Whiteblaze and the other two."

"Good." Cye sighed in relief, before letting out an anguish scream in pain.

"KOI!" Galactic Mercury screamed over their mind link, worry evident in her voice.

"Gomen ne, Snowflake." Cye apologized. "I don't think I can…" the conversation was cut off.

"Iie." Galactic Mercury sobbed, sinking to her feet.

//Be strong, hime.// Illusion's wise voice sounded in her head.

//Arigatou, Illusion.// Galactic Mercury answered, sighing softly.

She knew the Frost Dragon was right, she had to be strong, for Cye's sake.

A final scream of pain from Sage deepened her resolve. Talpa must be destroyed, at all costs. With tears of anger and sheer determination in her eyes, Galactic Mercury stood up on Illusion's back, her hands clutched in fists. Her eyes were no longer their usual gentle blue, instead they had turned into a stony royal blue.

############################################################### #######################################

Midway, the five were met by Daala's demon army. Daala wielded a sword that comprised of the captured Ronins' powers.

Galactic Mercury jumped down from Illusion's back, even before Ryo or Rowen could armor up.

Sensing that her aura was about to erupt, the two Ronins kept a safe distance from the silently fuming senshi.

Raising her rapier in the air, the blade glowing a bright watery blue, Galactic Mercury brought the sword down. Screaming an `Aquatic Slash!' she unleashed a wall of water towards the soldiers in front of her.

Taking this chance, the two Ronins armored up, using their sure-skills to continue attacking the army of soldiers.

In the end, Galactic Mercury demonstrated how powerful she could be, when she called upon the aid of Illusion to form the ever-dreaded `Mystic Tornado.' The sheer power of the tornado was enough to wipe out the entire army of soldiers. Its force even spread to Talpa's fortress walls.

Daala was astonished at the immense power the Galactic senshi held.

Smirking, he commented, "Now I know why Lord Talpa wants the Mercurain child."

Pointing to Galactic Mercury, he continued, "You, little one, possesses a power that could very well rival that of the Inferno. If Lord Talpa gets his hands on both you and the Inferno armor, think of all the possibilities."

"Shut the hell up, Daala!" Galactic Mercury screamed, leaping into the air, striking down on him.

"She's right." Ryo of Wildfire shouted, jumping in to help.

The four blades clashed with each other, forming sparks. Rowen of Sutra fired multiple arrows at Daala.

"Pathetic." Daala commented, swiping the arrows away. Both Ryo of Wildfire and Galactic Mercury jumped back, landing with Rowen of Sutra.

As Daala boasted about the power origins of his sword, Galactic Mercury had a brainwave. Removing three of her earrings, she threw them in the air, forming three ice-blue orbs. The orbs obeyed their mistress's mental instructions and disappeared in a swirl of dust.

The two Ronins looked at her quizzingly, only to be met by a smirk on her face.

############################################################### #######################################

Meanwhile, Kento of Hardrock was struggling against the metal bonds that held him, when, one of Galactic Mercury's power orbs appeared in front of him.

"What the…" Sage of the Halo asked, when a similar orb of light hovered in front of him.

"It can't be…" Cye of Torrent gasped. His assumption was affirmed when the power orb that was encircling him, entered his armor, forming a protective barrier.

"Arigatou, Snowflake." Cye of Torrent let out a grateful smile.

"Hey, Cye, what is it?" the other two asked.

"Ames's using her powers to protect ours." He explained. "These orbs prevent our armors from being drained."

"Remind me to thank her." Sage of the Halo commented.

"Your girl rocks, Cye." Kento of Hardrock whooped.

"Thanks Kento." Cye of Torrent muttered, somewhat embarrassed.

"I take it those orbs of mine did their jobs." Galactic Mercury said to Cye of Torrent, over their mind link.

"Yeah, they did. Sage sends his thanks." Cye of Torrent replied back.

Her voice turning solemn, Galactic Mercury warned, "I'm not sure how long they can hold up. Should they return to me, it'll be up to the three of you to stay alive."

"I know, Snowflake." Cye of Torrent assured her.

"No time to chat, I have a battle on my hands." Galactic Mercury gave him a mental wink, before disconnecting.

"Good luck, Snowflake, and ashiteru." Cye of Torrent whispered to the air.

############################################################### #######################################

Upon disconnection, Galactic Mercury sighed mentally in relief. The sword should be useless now.

She was immediately alerted when Daala's blade barely missed her.

"Enough playing around, Daala." Galactic Mercury hissed.

"And what are you going to do about it?" Daala taunted.

"How much cold can you stand?" Galactic Mercury asked instead.

"What?" both Ryo of Wildfire and Daala looked at her.

"You forget, Daala. I'm the senshi of ice and the hime of Mercury." Galactic Mercury reminded him, smirking.

"Wildfire, follow Sutra." Galactic Mercury ordered, the look on her face had obviously said `No arguments.'

Ryo of Wildfire nodded, grabbed a Dynasty horse and followed Rowen of Sutra.

With the two Ronins gone, Galactic Mercury turned her attention to Daala. Fully concentrating on her element, Galactic Mercury summoned a gale of icy wind. Daala was unfazed.

"Was that the best you can do?" he taunted mockingly.

However, Galactic Mercury was not done as yet. With her aura flashing a brilliant icy blue, she commanded a raging snowstorm, which quickly erupted into a blazing blizzard.

Daala was taken aback by the sudden turn of events and the abrupt drop in temperature.

"What is this?" he demanded, his teeth chattering with cold.

"One of the coldest blizzards on Mercury." Galactic Mercury answered plainly.

Daala's voice was cut off when he was frozen into an ice statue. The surroundings had transformed into a frozen wonderland.

############################################################### #######################################

"Whoa, did the temperature drop or is it just me?" Kento of Hardrock asked suddenly, his teeth chattering.

"It isn't just you, Kento." Sage of the Halo agreed.

"Only one person could have been responsible." Cye of Torrent commented.

"Galactic Mercury." The other two choused.

"Yeah." Cye of Torrent sighed.

"Talpa's going to have his hands full when dealing with her." Kento of Hardrock joked.

The other two laughed dryly.

############################################################### #######################################

Meanwhile, Rowen of Sutra had finally gotten rid of the soldiers on his tail. Standing on a tall hill, he fired one of his life arrows towards Talpa's palace, praying that it would reach the three captured Ronins.

His prayer was answered when the arrow flew to the wall around the main building of Talpa's palace. It pierced the roof and finally landed at the foot of the "temple" where the other three were held captive. The three recognized the arrow and concluded that this meant Rowen of Sutra was probably nearby somewhere. They also felt the call of their armors wanting to be linked up to create Inferno.

Thus, through the hole Rowen of Sutra had created, they sent their energies. When Rowen of Sutra saw its emergence, he let some of his own energy to join theirs.

Ryo of Wildfire noticed the energies, screamed at his friends for endangering their lives. The energy collided with Ryo of Wildfire. Banishing his Wildfire armor to use the white Inferno armor, Ryo of Inferno activated the `Rage of Inferno!'

The blaze of fire clashed with the ice statue that was Daala. Both Daala and his sword were destroyed. Ryo and White Blaze rode frantically toward the castle, with Galactic Mercury flying in the air on Illusion's back.

The four found Rowen of Sutra was being surrounded by demon soldiers. He was being tied down with chains as he struggled desperately against capture.

Black Blaze frees Rowen of Sutra from the chains with Illusion casting an `Icy Breathe', shattering the chains.

However, Rowen of Sutra was exhausted from both giving Ryo of Wildfire his energy and from battle.

Both Ryo of Wildfire and Galactic Mercury rescued Rowen of Sutra, and the group continued onward toward Talpa's castle.

Rowen of Sutra, Ryo of Wildfire, Galactic Mercury and White Blaze rode a stolen ship towards the castle. Illusion retreated back into the heavens until he was needed.

############################################################### #######################################

Hiding under a raised building on legs, the four awaited their chance. Whiteblaze growled faintly as Dynasty soldiers trooped past.

Once the troops were gone, and they deem the coast as clear, the four slipped out of their hiding place and proceeded.

Running through the maze like city of Talpa's Dynasty, Ryo, Rowen and Whiteblaze jumped up on the roof to avoid detection. Galactic Mercury, however, cast an illusion spell, making her invisible.

The bad thing was, Ryo had accidentally stumbled on the searching troops, and blown their cover.

Amidst of the battling, the alarm was sounded, and Talpa had ordered the three reminding Warlords to deal with the intruders.

Ryo, Rowen, Galactic Mercury and White Blaze are cornered when fleeing the army and the three Dark Warlords.

Sekhmet, Cale, and Dais appeared in front of them and surrounded them with troops.

Insults were flung and Ryo's famous, "Your mother wears army boots" line was heard. (A/N: Authoress is shaking her head in amusement at this point.)

Falling through a trapdoor, both Ryo and Rowen armor up as they continue to descend. Galactic Mercury whipped out a card (A/N: Don't know what I'm talking about, please refer to Chapter 4), and summoned Fly. The wings appeared on her back, and she landed gently on the ground. Then, the wings disappeared and reverted back to its card form.

The three warriors battled the Dynasty soldiers that stood guard, before running through a weird twisting set of stairs that eventually led to Lady Kayura.

Lady Kayura held the magic powder in a bag, donning on a monk hat that covered her eyes.

Ryo of Wildfire wondered if she was possessed and she WAS fully possessed by Talpa.

The Dark Warlords finally caught up and she commented, 'the more the merrier."

Ryo of Wildfire realized that it was a trap for them as well and he only answered back, "Sorry babe, you're not on our list today."

The warlords noticed Lady Kayura and they told her to butt out because it was their job to deal with the Ronins.

The four squabbled, with the Ronins and Galactic Mercury watching on. Lady Kayura released the special magical dust Badamon had created, but the Ronins and Galactic Mercury managed to get out of the way. The dust fell on the warlords instead.

Ryo of Wildfire and Rowen of Sutra, however, managed to get a little of the powder on them and it affected them as well. Galactic Mercury, however, had the dust thrown right smack in front of her, so she was completely paralyzed. Lady Kayura then pulled out her Star Swords as she claimed the Inferno armor. Both the two Ronin Warriors attack, but they fail, deeply weakened by the powder. Lady Kayura walked over and drained the powder directly on Rowen of Sutra. White Blaze had another dose of the powder blown to him and he growled painfully. The energy went into Ryo of Wildfire, alongside with the warlords armors' powers as well, forcing him into the Inferno armor quite painfully.

Several Nether Spirits fused themselves into the Inferno armor, and it begun to darken. Ryo of Wildfire screamed with the pain that was causing him. Ryo of Wildfire fell down in pain. Rowen of Sutra, paralyzed but still conscious, watched in silent horror as Lady Kayura stood over agonized Ryo of Wildfire.

Suddenly, two no-datchis were placed over Lady Kayura's shoulder and they belong to Cale, Warlord of Corruption.

Each warlord's forehead kanji glowed. Cale of obedience, Sekhmet's: piety, and Dais was serenity. Lady Kayura questioned what are they doing.

Back at Talpa's castle, Badamon informed the dark lord that the Inferno Armor had possessed them, making them protect Ryo of Wildfire.

The armor was stronger than they expected. Talpa, however, was not worried since Lady Kayura proved that she was stronger than all three of the Dark Warlords.

Still weakened by the effects of the magic powder as well as their first experience at empowering the Inferno armor, they proved no match for Lady Kayura's counterattacks, and fall.

Just as the situation turned desperate, the Dark Warlords' kanjis "call" to Ryo's, entering his body, giving him the strength along with that of the Sutra's. Ryo of Wildfire finally rediscovered the strength from that "call" to fight off Talpa's attempt to contaminate the Inferno armor with evil. Getting up, he activated the Rage of Inferno, causing the Nether Spirits to flee from his armor.


Lady Kayura welcomed him back sarcastically and sent her `Star Sword Scream' towards the bearer of the Inferno armor. Ryo of Inferno counterattacked attacked with his `Rage of Inferno'. His attack broke through Lady Kayura's swords, penetrating it and destroying a Dynasty gate in the process.

When night fell, the four exhausted warriors rested in a cave to recuperate from their last battles. The detransformed Amy went quietly outside, causing Rowen to cast a worried look at his sister. Ryo had long noted the abrupt change in the ice warrior's aura and pointed it out. Rowen suggested that it was most probably from stress in battle, before telling Ryo that the Warlords were potential allies.

Looking back at the two Ronins in deep discussion, Amy sighed and leaned back against the cave entrance. Her brother was right, the latest battles had indeed taken a toil out of her.

Looking up at the starless sky, with the night breeze blowing against her, Amy shut her eyes in deep concentration. Just then, the three power orbs that she had sent returned to her, settling on her open palm. Replacing the earrings back, Amy turned her attention to the general direction the three captive Ronins were held. With her protection orbs gone, this could only mean that their time grew short.

"Holy Safiastra, please guide me." She mentally pleaded.

The said crystal glowed its answer to the blue-haired princess.

"Thank you, Safiastra." Amy whispered, understanding what the crystal meant.

"Minna, forgive me." She whispered into the air, her mind was made up, despite the tough decision she had to make.

############################################################### #######################################

The next day, one Galactic Mercury, two Ronins in sub-armor and one white tiger, were running the gauntlet once more as they zigzagged through the maze-like city.

The two untransformed Ronins were seen trying to take out a guard post and they fought, ambushing the two guards along the way. They were further surrounded by more soldiers. Cornered, the four tried to jump a wall but it absorbed them, causing them to land in Kayura's mystic trap.

The four warriors were trying to find their way out of the lower area of the castle when they came across Lady Kayura, who had been waiting for them.

Galactic Mercury rose her staff and blasted a door with an energy ball, giving the two Ronins enough time to armor up. Rowen of Sutra fired one of his arrows, revealing Lady Kayura, who was blocking their way out.

Lady Kayura was obviously waiting for the trio and after a short battle she almost tricked Ryo of Wildfire into using his `Flare Up Now!' attack against her, when Galactic Mercury threw a ball of ice at her. Jumping out of the way, Lady Kayura revealed a small shrine that proceeded to absorb her energy. Lady Kayura hissed in frustration, as it was not Galactic Mercury she wanted, but Ryo of Wildfire.

The shrine then pulled power from Galactic Mercury, and the ice senshi gritted her teeth as her powers were drawn.

Rowen of Sutra and Ryo of Wildfire watched helplessly as ice-blue energy continued to flow from Galactic Mercury's broach.

Lady Kayura smirked at the sudden turn of events. "This is even better." She laughed. "Lord Talpa will be pleased with all these energy!"

"But how much power is too much?" Galactic Mercury asked mockingly, letting out a small smile of satisfaction.

"What!?" Lady Kayura exclaimed as Galactic Mercury pulled out the Safiastra.

"GALACTIC MERCURY POWER!" Galactic Mercury screamed, raising the crystal in the air, a bright light emitting from it. The light blast destroyed both the shrine and the barrier between the Nether World and Earth.

Lady Kayura let out an anguish scream when the light hit her, almost scattering her breastplate. Kneeling on one knee, Lady Kayura clutched a hand over the cracked breastplate.

"Insolent senshi!" she shouted, raising her Star Swords.

Galactic Mercury had long descended on the ground, weak from the energy drain. Ryo of Wildfire and Rowen of Sutra each supported her, before she hits the dust.

Rowen of Sutra stood in front of his weakened sister and Ryo of Wildfire protectively.

Desperately, Rowen of Sutra used his Arrow Shock Wave to churn out dust, and ordered both Whiteblaze and Ryo of Wildfire to get his sister to safety, as he parried himself against Lady Kayura.

As the two carried the drained senshi of ice off, Rowen of Sutra fired his Arrow Shock Wave with Lady Kayura deflecting it easily, blowing Rowen of Strata skyward. Falling quickly groundward (A/N: Is there such a word?), the warrior of Sutra used his armor to slow down his descent, recovering. Landing with a `thud' on the hard ground, Rowen of Sutra looked up to search for Lady Kayura, only to find her rising skyward to continue the battle.

Meanwhile, White Blaze and Ryo of Wildfire had taken Galactic Mercury to a boat. Rowen of Sutra levitated over it, protectively. White Blaze growled dangerously at Lady Kayura who was in the sky. After taking all too many blows from Lady Kayura, Rowen of Sutra finally fell unconscious to the deck after one of Lady Kayura's attacks.

Ryo of Wildfire frowned at the proceedings in anger. Instructing Whiteblaze to protect the two siblings, he readied himself for battle. He could not stand up to Lady Kayura alone, no matter how hard he tried. Lady Kayura let out a long cruel laughter and was prepared to take them all captive, when Anubis and company's arrival thwarted her attempt. Lady Kayura viewed the proceedings warily and in disgust as the boat headed for deeper waters.

############################################################### #######################################

Rowen and Ryo were both on their feet but not yet at full strength. Galactic Mercury, on the other hand, had almost drained herself completely from the long battles and the recent energy drain. Anubis wanted to help them but Ryo was still doubtful. A moment later, they were surrounded by Lady Kayura and her troops.

Mia and Yuli stepped behind Anubis and White Blaze, Mia supporting the weakened ice scout. Yuli held onto the Jewel of Life. Ryo of Wildfire tried fighting off Lady Kayura, managing to destroy a few boats in the process. Rowen of Sutra was using his arrows, despite his injuries, playing sniper, shooting Dynasty soldiers when they were too close.

The two Ronins moved on to find Talpa and Lady Kayura.

On the ship, Dynasty soldiers were shooting arrows at Mia and Yuli. Anubis managed to block them off with his staff. Meanwhile, Whiteblaze grabbed hold of a scythe from one of the soldiers and used it most effectively in helping Anubis to protect Mia, Galactic Mercury and Yuli from the soldiers.

Anubis used the staff's power to blow away all the soldiers. White Blaze made full use of the scythe, doing quite a lot of damage himself. Then he accidentally drops it overboard when he discovers that he can't roar and hold it in his mouth at the same time! (A/N: The authoress is shaking her head at this point.)

Meanwhile, the two Ronins were looking for a shot at "one particular Dynasty babe" (A/N: You know who) when Lady Kayura (A/N; Is she psychic or something?) suddenly appeared and begun her fight with Ryo of Wildfire.

Both Rowen of Sutra and Ryo of Wildfire jumped, only to land inside a corridor. Lady Kayura threw the string end of her jitte and it bashed Rowen of Sutra into a wall.

The blue armored warrior commented, saying that they needed the rest of the Ronin Warriors to be powerful enough.

Rowen of Sutra fired his Arrow Shock Wave attack, knocking Lady Kayura back and he jumped up after her. Lady Kayura flipped under him in response, and using her jitte, blasted him up and Rowen of Sutra fell into a ship full of Dynasty Soldiers and was captured. Rowen of Strata was tied up and hung upside on the ship.


After taking care of Rowen of Sutra, Lady Kayura turned her attention to Ryo of Wildfire and attacked him.

Anubis joined in the fray, blocking the attack. Telling Ryo of Wildfire to go after Rowen of Strata, Anubis tired his best to hold off Lady Kayura.

Lady Kayura allowed Ryo of Wildfire go for now, saying she would eventually get him after dealing with Anubis. Anubis countered, saying that her tricks would not work on him since he knew them way too well.

Meanwhile, Whiteblaze was still defending Mia, Galactic Mercury and Yuli on the boat. The Jewel of Life activated itself as it glowed, surrounding the trio with its light, destroying the Dynasty soldiers and restoring Galactic Mercury's powers in the process.


Lady Kayura and Anubis were still battling, when an icy blast from below separated the two. Taking this opportunity, Anubis attacked, intending to strike her with the staff. Lady Kayura crossed her swords in defense. A `Frost Nova!' from Galactic Mercury from Lady Kayura's back, broke the sudden standstill. Anubis attacked again, using the staff to strike her. To his surprise, it refused to hit her, stopping itself inches from her head and glowing brightly as it does so.

Who is Lady Kayura really that the staff will not touch her?? Anubis wondered. Seeing her chance, Lady Kayura teleported away from Anubis.

"Lady Mercury." Anubis greeted the revived senshi.

The said senshi nodded in acknowledgement. Walking forward, Anubis placed himself beside the senshi of ice as the two warriors looked at the horizon, each thinking about the weird behavior of the staff.

Looking warily at the scout, Anubis commented, "You've changed, Lady Mercury."

Galactic Mercury let out a small smile, "A lot has occurred since I was here." She explained.

Anubis kept silent, knowing that she would not want to talk right now.

Elsewhere, Rowen of Strata was dropped into a pool in a cavern under the castle, which was drawn below to where the other three Ronin Warriors were.

He seemed rather energetic for a beaten warrior but he revealed he was not unconscious, just playing dead to be brought to the others so he could free them. (A/N: The authoress is muttering "smartass".) He fired his arrows of life to penetrate the shields Talpa had placed around each one before fainting.

Ryo of Wildfire sliced through some doors, only to find the three Warlords were waiting for him.

Mia, Yuli and White Blaze were right behind him and just as the three Warlords were about to strike using their sure kills, Yuli ran up into the energy blast.

The Jewel of Life glowed, dissipating their attacks and protecting both Ryo of Wildfire and Yuli.

Dais's scythes crumbled, with all three Warlords grabbing their heads in profound agony as the entire cavern lights up from the Jewel's brilliance.

Lady Kayura arrived, and the three now unconscious Warlords were transported out of the battle zone. As she attacked, the water behind Ryo of Wildfire glowed before bubbling. Lady Kayura halted her advance in momentary confusion just as the other four Ronin Warriors emerged from the water.

The four joined Ryo of Wildfire on the platform, all freed and ready to do battle with one of their enemies. Kento of Hardrock, Cye of Torrent, Sage of Halo, and Rowen of Strata all grinned sheepishly as they prepared to fight Talpa.

############################################################### #######################################

The five Ronin warriors all faced Lady Kayura in the water cavern. Joking around for a bit, the five reunited Ronins jumped into battle. Lady Kayura laughed mockingly at them.

Kento of Hardrock attacked, striking first. Lady Kayura defended easily herself, thus proving her incredible speed over the Ronin.

Upon telling them that the only way to Talpa is through her, Rowen of Sutra stepped up.

The Warlords, having recovered from their earlier "headaches", blasted up the murky waters, floating up to surround the Ronin Warriors.

Cye of Torrent, Kento of Hardrock, and Ryo of Wildfire went to each end of the platform to face their old enemies with Cye of Torrent against Cale (A/N: Authoress blinks. Hey, I thought Cye was against Sekhmet. Err, never mind.), Ryo of Wildfire against Sekhmet and Kento of Hardrock facing Dais.

The three Ronins issued a challenge and the response they got was: falling through trap doors.

Sage of Halo and Rowen of Sutra were left to face Lady Kayura and defend Mia and Yuli. Lady Kayura mocked their trapdoors and the Warlords got all proud and commented they would be back later to deal with the remaining two.

The three Ronins who fell, slid down into a small room with was filled with water. Kento of Hardrock screamed that he could not swim as they were pushed by the strong current.

Above, Sage of Halo and Rowen of Sutra finally noticed the amulet necklace Lady Kayura was wearing and begun to wonder its purpose.

Meanwhile, Cye of Torrent, Kento of Hardrock, and Ryo of Wildfire were still being swept along just as Cye of Torrent blew open another opening for the water to be drained out. They were swept off again and they crashed into a pillar of stone, with each managing to find a handhold, except for Cye of Torrent, who fell into the blackness.

Above, Sage of Halo attacked Lady Kayura, his no-datchi blade striking her chest plate but not damaging it.

Mia and Yuli were surrounded by demon soldiers. Yuli tried hard to call on the power of the Jewel of Life but to no avail. Rowen of Sutra ended up protecting the two.

Down below, Kento of Hardrock and Ryo of Wildfire heard the mocking laughter of the three Warlords.

Sekhmet knocked off Ryo of Wildfire as Kento of Hardrock fell before him, already knocked off by Dais.

Cye of Torrent was in a deep pitch black darkness while Cale, Demon Warlord of Corruption and Darkness striked at him.

Kento of Hardrock faced up with a giant Dais. At first, he thought that it was just another illusion, but his speculations were immediately dispelled when Dais attacked him.

Ryo of Wildfire was surrounded by purple poison with the consistency of glue and it burnt through his armor, causing him a considerate amount of pain. None of the three Ronins were doing too well as their battles progresses.

Above, Anubis, along with Galactic Mercury, raced off to join them. Anubis's mind was still confused and reeling from what the staff's light had revealed to him when he tried to strike Lady Kayura. She had a link to the staff, stronger than his own and it appeared that she did not serve Talpa willingly. Talpa was controlling her, keeping her real personality and mind captive deep inside her soul. The chest plate was the key to keeping her in Talpa's control! He realized.

Anubis voiced out his thoughts to Galactic Mercury, who also informed him that she had seen Lady Kayura's real soul within the very depths of her eyes. Lady Kayura was actually begging Galactic Mercury to free her from Talpa's control.

Anubis gasped at the revelation.

As the two headed down the passageway toward the cavern, the staff reacted violently to the presence of the Ronin Warriors.

Rescuing Ryo of Wildfire first, Galactic Mercury tossed her Caduceus in front of him. The healing staff spun rapidly, its wings spreading its curative dust. The poison from Sekhmet's attack was dissolved. The Warlord of Venom cursed silently as he disappeared.

The trio rescue Kento of Hardrock next. Together they drove Dais away from Kento of Hardrock. Upon being rescued, Kento attacked Anubis, still thinking he was an enemy and was still the warlord of Cruelty. Galactic Mercury blocked his attack, explaining that Anubis was on their side.

Blasting the walls down with the staff's energy, the four found Cye of Torrent. Sending a snowflake of light between the two feuding enemies, Galactic Mercury temporarily paused the dual. The snowflake spiraled, releasing its light, forcing Cale's darkness back.

"What the…" Cale exclaimed.

"Mercury." Cye gasped

Kento of Hardrock went to Cye of Torrent, helping him up. "You alright?" he asked.

Cye of Torrent nodded, "Well, I had to fight for my life from a dark warlord, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle."

"Anubis is helping us now." Ryo of Wildfire explained, seeing Cye's puzzled look on seeing Anubis.

Cye of Torrent blinked and nodded, accepting Anubis's help.

Following both Anubis and Galactic Mercury, the five found their way to the cavern, where Sage of Halo and Rowen of Sutra were still fighting Lady Kayura.

The other four released their energy to Ryo of Wildfire, just as Anubis and Galactic Mercury, landed on the platform. Calling upon the Inferno armor, Ryo of Inferno attacked Lady Kayura. Ryo of the Inferno managed to block all of Lady Kayura's energy attacks and he fired his Flare Up Now! Attack at her, breaking the cracked chest plate amulet. The chest plate flew off into the air.

Raising her staff beside her, Galactic Mercury shut her eyes as she whirled gracefully, completing a full circle. Then, she unleashed a concentrated `Frost Nova', destroying the chest plate.

Meanwhile, Lady Kayura collapsed on the ground, her eyes no longer having a death glint. Then, she asked in a small, dazed voice, "Who am I? Where am I?"

"You're going to be all right now, Lady Kayura," Galactic Mercury said softly. "You're free from Talpa's evil."

Lady Kayura looked up at Galactic Mercury and gasped. "Lady Mercury!"

"What?" Galactic Mercury muttered.

Throwing herself around Galactic Mercury's waist, Lady Kayura exclaimed, "You've answered my pleas!"

The moment Lady Kayura touched her, Galactic Mercury gasped at the rush of memories that flooded her mind.

Pushing Lady Kayura away, Galactic Mercury took a small step away, "It can't be. Lady Kayura, you're…."

However, Talpa and Badamon dragged Lady Kayura away before Anubis could use the staff to restore her memory.

Stepping beside Galactic Mercury, Anubis looked at the shocked face of the ice senshi.

"Lady Mercury?" he inquired.

Taking a deep breath, Galactic Mercury said in a small, quivering voice. "Anubis, I think I know why the staff refuses to strike Lady Kayura."

############################################################### #######################################

SailorStar9: As usual, R&R. I've been working hard on this! Flames will be used to burn marshmallows.